forum

List of OT Regulars, and what they're known for

posted
Total Posts
show more
Bweh
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this happen with every president?
DaddyCoolVipper

B1rd wrote:

What campaign promises were stupid?

• -Temporarily banned immigration from the most dangerous Islamist countries, as identified by Obama, until vetting can be established. Check, seems logical. To be clear, it's not a "muslim ban", only a ban of countries that have been confirmed to be dangerous, hosts to ISIS or whatever

-Repeal Obamacare. Check, it was a horrible failure and vastly increased the price of healthcare.

-Reduce taxes and regulation for businesses. Check, that should encourage business in America and improve our economy

-Get out of the TPP. Double check, that is great for reasons I don't think I need to explain.

-Stop foreign lobbyists in America. Check, we don't need foreign agendas influencing out elections

-Remove criminal illegal immigrants and impose mandatory prison sentences for repeat offenses. Check, regardless of your stance on illegal immigrants from Mexico, you have to agree it's not OK that multiple-time felons can keep coming back into the country
Of course I don't agree with all of his promises, the wall being a big example, but I like most of them and Presidents are a package-deal. I don't mind protests, but I get sick of all the shit flinging, and people acting like they under Nazi occupation. Trump really isn't that far right-wing, and the resistance he's getting really isn't proportionate to anything he's done. This hardcore antagonism is going to do nothing but create even more instability, and create create similar reaction from right-wing supporters.
The ban on travel from those countries was nonsensical. Not only that, but the way they went about it was nonsensical also. Just throwing out an executive order with no warning completely fucked over a lot of people.

Obamacare being repealed with no replacement planned was a very stupid idea.

I don't agree with reducing taxes and regulation on American businesses.

I don't actually know enough about the TPP to be able to tell if getting out of it is a good or bad thing, but it seems to be a good thing, sure.

Trump never stopped foreign lobbyists in America, has he?
I just want to say that his promise to "drain the swamp" was completely BS and it's probably the thing he's gone back on harder than anything else. The Trump administration has been filled with awful, awful people.

I feel like illegal immigrants probably aren't a big problem, but I don't know how America is with that stuff. Repeat felons not being allowed back into America sounds fine though I guess.

Also I think the wall is really stupid too.

I don't agree with the actions of left-wing extremists that just hurt their cause, I assume those are the kinds of people you're talking about with that last part. At the same time, they're probably not as big of a deal as the media that you read claims them to be (media on both sides can be pretty damn stupid with the feelsy stuff)
Razzy
Probably the biggest thing that bothers me is how his fans STILL use "Drain the swamp!" as a slogan, despite picking many of his cabinet members straight out of Wall Street or a pool - or swamp ;) - of people who've paid enough. They like to see things like Trump purging or silencing any public servants who disagree with him, while turning an eye to the incredibly transparent displays of corruption in his cabinet. They never cared about whether the swamp was drained, they just wanted anyone blue out of power. Fuck 'em all.
johnmedina999
I'd just like to point out how an Aussie and a Brit are arguing about American politics.
I know how important this is but it's still pretty funny.
Razzy

johnmedina999 wrote:

I'd just like to point out how an Aussie and a Brit are arguing about American politics.
Let them talk. This stuff doesn't just affect the United States.
johnmedina999
I know

EDIT: but I really see no point or result in arguing on a forum belonging to a game where people click circles to anime TV size intros.
B1rd
I heard Trump had some bantz with our Prime Minister.
Bweh

johnmedina999 wrote:

I know

EDIT: but I really see no point or result in arguing on a forum belonging to a game where people click circles to anime TV size intros.
Forums are for discussion. As long as that is present, you have a healthy forum.

While most people came here to click circles, some of them want to talk about things while they're at it, too.
johnmedina999

B1rd wrote:

I heard Trump had some bantz with our Prime Minister.
Sorry, I'm watching both threads closely, but don't have the intention of joining. Thanks for the invitation.
B1rd
Wait, why am I "narcissistic emperor" now.
Bweh
It's what happens when people forget Aurani

Boy did he set the bar while he was it, too.
Mahogany

johnmedina999 wrote:

Honestly it's pretty funny. At least here in Ireland most of our parties are extremely moderate, neither leaning left nor right, so there aren't radical differences in the parties like the states.
We have things good if we have to find stuff to argue about 8-)
Erlkonig
Waiting for the day Libertarian Parties get in power and go full Ancap
lol
fuck off blitzfrog
Topic Starter
Blitzfrog

lol wrote:

fuck off blitzfrog
lol
sorry I forgot you
Dawns
Being an ancap in current year
B1rd
>not being an ancap in the current year

Kappa FrankerZ
where the FUCK AM I
Topic Starter
Blitzfrog

Kappa FrankerZ wrote:

where the FUCK AM I

At your home probs, how would I know?
Foxtrot

B1rd wrote:

>not being an ancap in the current year

Dawnsday wrote:

Being an ancap in current year

Erlkonig wrote:

Waiting for the day Libertarian Parties get in power and go full Ancap
Proud of you guys. Don't let anyone tread on you.
Bweh
I promise I'll fix that gun within the next 24 hours
Mahogany
>being an ancap while also being a neet
Ephemeral
don't know 3/4 of these people

are they truly regulars if they're not memorable enough
Mahogany
I recognize all of them
Just because you're a massive casual here doesn't mean you get to decide who's memorable or not
-Makishima S-
Mahogany - Wants ColdTooth
No love for Taiga :(

Gonna buy a rope and use it, my heart is broken
Rwyta

Ephemeral wrote:

don't know 3/4 of these people

are they truly regulars if they're not memorable enough

Probably because Blitzfrog keeps misspelling their names.
Bweh
Why do you care what other people think
Dawns
And the cries of b-b-b-but muh internet PERSONA and internet FAME were heard in the distance
Fourth
Add me fgt xd
abraker

Brian OA wrote:

Why do you care what other people think
They pollute my thinking space
Topic Starter
Blitzfrog

abraker wrote:

They pollute my thinking space
You baited Dem doe
Topic Starter