forum

Tablet Area changing? :o

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hyoka
Hello! so some might say "whatever you feel comfortable" so to prevent that ill explain further. after hitting around 4k pp i started sensing my limits. i play with the game almost at full screen 1600x1024 res. ye i know it's a random one... anyhow my aim has been really great! and i got a lot of compliments on my great consistency when i stream from players way above my pp range. climbing up and playing 5.5*+ there usually are ALOT of jumps... and i did those fine, like monstrata triangle jumps was kinda easy for me to land. but when it came to corner to corner jumps or far jumps like in remote controll ( ye those are far from me... ) i had almost no chance. i have some fc's where i have those jumps, but i can "feel" and... sense that i hit them by almost pure luck as i have to literally throw my arm to hit them. so i changed from almost full area. to around half the original size, also keep in mind im not using the most popular tablet... im using the same one rrtyui used... err CTH-470. anyhoe so i've been playing with the new area for what... 1 hour now? and tough you might not believe it my aim on long jumps INSTANTLY became better. i came further into airman than i ever did before, i hit like... super jumps id never hit before... BUT i now suck at small jumps... like super short distance ones. yes i know its logic that i do cause now my movement has to be alot smaller than before...

Hence finally to the question. i'm just asking for opinions not essay's btw. (not trying to be rude) SO what do you think, "GO BACK WHILE YOU STILL CAN" or " grow a pair, get used to it "

i appreciate any feedback thx :D
Jukkii
well thats just normal. i personally just stayed at full area and practiced my "reach". the "reach" is the area on screen that you can play comfortably in, ideally you should train to be able to reach every single corner comfortably. reading is also a big factor in this, being able to read a larger area on screen and being able to comprehend fullscreen patterns is very important. i practiced this and soon i was able to easily hit fullscreen jumps like in remote control. and i still am able to do small jumps very well too.

but you do you
[Haku]
Theorical better area is full area (on small size tablet ofc such as the one by wacom small, this kind of full area)
But life isn't always theory so the real best area is the bigger you feel comfortable with. Resolution doesn't matter that much.
Imo just keep full area and play more, some skill come with time, don't expect to resolve any weakness you may have by changing your playstyle. Play more is always the answer ^^
markii
you didn't want a "whatever you're comfortable with" answer, but what do you really want? There are top players with small area and full area, windowed and full screen. Neither is objectively better, I personally like full area, but I started playing when that was the meta, current meta really just is whatever you're comfortable with. I don't think learning to aim with full area is very difficult, and I have no idea what it's like learning to control small area, as I haven't played small area since i was like 50k or something.
JonQuy
You probably just cut your area by too great of an amount.
Mikutsune
It'll take you way more than an hour to adjust to your new area. As someone who played full area for 3 years because people told me that "bigger the better" when I first started playing, I recently cut my area by more than half for the same reason as you and it took me way over a month to get fully used to it. You can go back to your old area and try to get used to wide jumps but from my own experience, you might end up holding yourself back in the long run.

Play with your new area for a few weeks. If it feels more comfortable then keep it. If things got worse then change things a bit. Try to understand "why" it feels uncomfortable. Is it your area? could you hold your pen differently? I was scared to change mine because I didn't want to relearn the game but I did and I don't regret it. Honestly it might just be something you'll have to do. Most people actually go through this at some point. If you keep playing with something uncomfortable, you'll pick up bad habits and things might get even worse. Don't be scared to experiment, it's the only way you'll find your ideal playstyle.
Topic Starter
Hyoka

dVz wrote:

It'll take you way more than an hour to adjust to your new area. As someone who played full area for 3 years because people told me that "bigger the better" when I first started playing, I recently cut my area by more than half for the same reason as you and it took me way over a month to get fully used to it. You can go back to your old area and try to get used to wide jumps but from my own experience, you might end up holding yourself back in the long run.

Play with your new area for a few weeks. If it feels more comfortable then keep it. If things got worse then change things a bit. Try to understand "why" it feels uncomfortable. Is it your area? could you hold your pen differently? I was scared to change mine because I didn't want to relearn the game but I did and I don't regret it. Honestly it might just be something you'll have to do. Most people actually go through this at some point. If you keep playing with something uncomfortable, you'll pick up bad habits and things might get even worse. Don't be scared to experiment, it's the only way you'll find your ideal playstyle.
i agree, i changed back after the first few posts... i'm still comfortable with my old area. my main problem is that it takes way too much of a movement to hit long range jumps with full area and almost full screen... anyhow i've decided to stay with my current area for some time. if it does not work ill make it smaller and smaller over time. my pen grip is a "normal" pen grip... as i hold it almost like i would hold my pen. since i have no other ideas. it is not comfortable for me because sometimes my movement feels very awkward. but got no other idea on how to hold it :P