forum

Aphex Twin - Windowlicker

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
D33d
Okay, I've changed everything and then some. I hope that things are cool now, Sappha!
SapphireGhost
Fixes and stuff.
- Epilepsy warning removed.
- Unsnapped notes on [Easy], [Normal], and [Hard] snapped.
- Difficulties edited to have consistent end times.
- Spinner recovery time added on [Easy].
- Break drags snapped.

Jarby wrote:

All is in order. Please don't let the timing THE ENTIRE MAP scare you, future BAT.
Bubbled!
Topic Starter
D33d
This calls for a celebratory image macro of some description, but I'm a bit tied up in an assignment on MIDI.

YAY!
Jarby

D33d wrote:

This calls for a celebratory image macro of some description
Raging Bull
I'll give it a check tomorrow or day after might be busy tomorrow.
Topic Starter
D33d

Raging Bull wrote:

I'll give it a check tomorrow or day after might be busy tomorrow.
Sweet. Thanks, man. Like I said, I'll be a bit busy, at least until tomorrow, so I'll try to mod your map (if I find much) by the end of the week.
OzzyOzrock
my mid is erhf08se
Topic Starter
D33d

OzzyOzrock wrote:

my mid is erhf08se
Wait, what?
Mantis
Aphex Twin <3
I'm really bad at mapping (and my English is bad too, lol), and can't mod it ;_;
Cool beatmap, yeah.
Garven
[General]
The pacing of the first two breaks left me kind of bored. You play for a little, then have a 10 second break, then play for 20 seconds, the break for another 10 seconds.
02:36:881 - Get the same feeling during this section
The 1.5x sections never feel... right to me either. The intensity of the song doesn't really change enough to justify such a large increase, imo.

[All difficulties]
00:51:272 (1) - I'm not feeling why the break is extended to the next beat on this spinner.
..though it seems to be applied to the majority of your breaks. There a reasoning behind it? If not, just move it back to default please.
01:53:832 (1) - Finish placement is odd since there's a crash in the music a beat later.

[Easy]
02:09:808 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Kinda iffy on these for an Easy - especially with now the rest of the map is paced up until now.
02:27:369 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - And especially these - might be more appropriate for a Normal.
02:50:825 (4) - Might be better to have this end with a soft hit. That or have it end at 02:52:776 -
02:55:808 (1,2,1) - Eeh. I really don't recommend stacking under slider ends - especially with a 1/4 rhythm like this that hasn't really come up at all in the map until now. Not very noob-friendly.
03:12:890 (3) - This beat doesn't fit so much and got me off rhythmically for the next set of three. Might be better to delete this
03:23:278 (4,1) - Spacing (due to sv change)

[Normal]
00:29:824 (1,2,3) - This pattern didn't flow so well to me. The 1 slider is pretty much covered by the previous slider, then instead of the general arcing motions you had earlier, it juts downward then heads straight back up.
00:32:263 (6,7) - Perhaps some soft whistles to help with the musical change here? Otherwise it feels kind of flat. Actually, some use of soft whistles throughout the maps would probably spruce them up a bit since all I'm really hearing is finishes and claps.
Also try to keep your spacing a little more consistent. Compare the spacing between 00:40:048 (1,2,3,4,5) - and 00:27:629 (3,4,5) -
01:42:003 (1,2) - Kind of a big jump for a Normal
01:51:759 (1,2) - Sounds better with a clap on the end, remove the finish on 2.
02:03:467 (1,1) - 1.2x spacing feels a bit better
02:57:271 (2) - It'd be cool if this 2 was aligned with the slider. Of course it'd be best if you could get the two sliders symmetrical so that things line up.
03:00:198 (3,3) - Kinda ugly overlap here. Maybe raise/lower the tails by three grids.
03:08:987 (1,2,3) - Not feeling these jumps at all.
03:30:360 (1) - Kind of soon after a spinner for a Normal. Maybe if you place it closer to the center to make it easier to realign.

[Hard]
A lot of distance snap changing going on just in the intro here. Feels really weird to play.
03:26:692 (3) - Hitsounds on this don't make much sense with your pattern previously
03:39:872 (2) - This works better as normal circles instead of a slider

[Insane]
03:45:927 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Just do the spinner through these. It gets really off time by 3, 4+

Such a strange song to map. :P
Garven
Alright, looking better now.

[Easy]
00:25:922 (1,2) - Spacing
01:11:271 (1) - Remove new combo
02:57:759 (1) - I'm still wary of this stack on a slider end with a different rhythm compared to the rest of the map

[Normal]
01:38:589 (2) - Missed a clap
Topic Starter
D33d
I've made pretty much all of those changes. Onwards and upwards, as they say.
Garven
Rebub~
Topic Starter
D33d
Oh I missed this. Thank you! <3
RandomJibberish
Two month modding hiatus ends today, biatches

...aaand it's all looking okay, if a little confusing to play. Unavoidable due to the nature of the song, of course :<
mochi
I'm surprised the BG made it past ranking.

Extreme closeup of some female's cleavage... how appropriate :roll:
Tenshi-nyan

qilliam wrote:

It's a bikini, so it's all saaaaaaafe
Mantis
OMG OMG *---*
Firo Prochainezo

Tenshi-nyan wrote:

qilliam wrote:

It's a bikini, so it's all saaaaaaafe
Yeah, but it still shows a cleavage lol.

Anyway, congratulations! You proved that Aphex Twin is actually mappable, lol.
Sakura
I'm sorry but, that background has to go, this can get quickly ranked after that and no scores need to be reset.
maay
yay
Jarby
I see more vulgar things at the local beach for fuck's sake.
Raimon
I will hate u the rest of my life if u restart scores.
Metro

raimoncortese wrote:

I will hate u the rest of my life if u restart scores.
plz l2read
Suimya
oh, i thought so...
just change the BG ~ ._."
awp

appropriate image (well, other than the lousy resolution)
mochi

Jarby wrote:

I'm not even sure if you're seriously defending the current BG.

You're aware children plays this game too right?
awp

qilliam wrote:

Jarby wrote:

I'm not even sure if you're seriously defending the current BG.

You're aware children plays this game too right?
the problem with relating something in the media to reality is that it's completely skewed and can't be used as a metric

irl is WAY more violent, vulgar, and disgusting. Based on our ratings, children shouldn't be allowed to interact with the world, because the world is an 18+ environment
Jarby
In any case, here's a replacement background.

Verdisphena
So much drama for a bg
ztrot
this made me giggle
awp

Verdisphena wrote:

So much drama for a bg
I wouldn't consider this drama at all

thanks Jarby for the hi-res
Ijah_old
ITT: Sakura Hana makes one second decisions like always.

Also, how is a screenshot of a girl in a bikini any worse than all these totally revealing lolicon pictures?
Ephemeral
oh aphex twin

the entire map is 18+ anyway
awp

Ijah wrote:

Also, how is a screenshot of a girl in a bikini any worse than all these totally revealing lolicon pictures?
it doesn't have to be worse than something to be bad

what is your logic as it pertains to the decency of this image
mochi

Ijah wrote:

ITT: Sakura Hana makes one second decisions like always.

Picture of a girl in a bikini and a picture of breasts with a bikini top are 2 different things.
Raimon

qilliam wrote:

Picture of a girl in a bikini and a picture of breasts with a bikini top are 2 different things.
Here you have a picture of a girl in a bikini.

So, what is the difference? This wouldnt have been ranked anyways

All girls in bikini are going to be killed.
eldnl
I think a real girl on bikini is better than an anime girl in a bikini, the second is kinda sick ... can't see the problem with both btw, in tastes nothing is written, but in my opinion the song is purely sick, I have no words to express the video ...
Topic Starter
D33d
Bad call on my part to use breasts as a background. I did not consider them to be that vulgar at all, but I am sorry that they caused offence.

As soon as I get home, I will change the background. Also bear in mind that there is a disclaimer about the video, in case anybody missed it. Thank you, RJ, for ranking this, Sakura for addressing the issue and all of you delicious people for playing and modding this--especially Jarby and SapphireGhost for your persistent support. I can not wait to get my first full rank.
Natteke
D: sakura are you mad
show more