Renumi
owo
Topic Starter
headphonewearer
:)
Arf
Hi, from.... somewhere. Let's just say #modreqs to avoid confusion

calm
00:24:455 (3,4) - Surely you can avoid this overlapping, it's the only unsightly thing like it in the map :c

00:34:184 (5,1) - Could blanket these, like this or something, looks nicer in my opinion.

did you sleep well?
00:04:184 (2) - Consider ending this on the blue tick before the current end and a circle where the current end is, sounds better rhythmically imo. Same at other places like 00:10:671 (2) -00:17:157 (2) - 00:23:644 (2) - 00:30:130 (2) - 00:36:617 (2) - , I think missing the piano note is bad in the highest diff, despite it being a Normal (although with the circle size/sv change/little jumps it could be some sort of advanced i guess) and it's really noticeable that it isn't mapped, to me at least.

00:21:617 (3,1) - I'm not sure, it's the only time you do it and it doesn't seem very aesthetically pleasing to me, perhaps it would be better if the overlap wasn't there

00:31:346 (4,1) - This blanket is off :P http://arf.s-ul.eu/1GPEmfu1

Well short song and only low diffs, not much to find, hope it was somewhat useful \O
Topic Starter
headphonewearer

Arf wrote:

Hi, from.... somewhere. Let's just say #modreqs to avoid confusion

calm
00:24:455 (3,4) - Surely you can avoid this overlapping, it's the only unsightly thing like it in the map :c fixed

00:34:184 (5,1) - Could blanket these, like this or something, looks nicer in my opinion. fixed

did you sleep well?
00:04:184 (2) - Consider ending this on the blue tick before the current end and a circle where the current end is, sounds better rhythmically imo. Same at other places like 00:10:671 (2) -00:17:157 (2) - 00:23:644 (2) - 00:30:130 (2) - 00:36:617 (2) - , I think missing the piano note is bad in the highest diff, despite it being a Normal (although with the circle size/sv change/little jumps it could be some sort of advanced i guess) and it's really noticeable that it isn't mapped, to me at least. its very clear that im following the drums in this diff, especially when you can see how im mapping the tiny small snares, instead of the piano. i feel like this is the way its supposed to be. i understand that you think its kinda weird that im not mapping one of the bigger parts of the song, but thats fine imo.

00:21:617 (3,1) - I'm not sure, it's the only time you do it and it doesn't seem very aesthetically pleasing to me, perhaps it would be better if the overlap wasn't there looks cool imo and doesnt really matter if i havent done it before. i kinda did the same at 00:28:103 (3,1) - but its not really anything noticeable and doesnt affect gameplay in anyway. if more people complain about this, ill change it, but for now, ill keep it since it looks good to me

00:31:346 (4,1) - This blanket is off :P http://arf.s-ul.eu/1GPEmfu1 how did you even catch that LOL

Well short song and only low diffs, not much to find, hope it was somewhat useful \O
tHANKS! fixed some other stuff as well so ye
LowAccuracySS
good luck on rank! owo
Cassu2
I R C M O D B O I S
18:17 Cassu2: I mean the only issue I see is probably something that only I can be bothered by
18:17 Cassu2: it's my mapping ocd
18:17 Cassu2: 00:08:238 (2) - isn't perfectly under the slider end
18:17 Cassu2: it's like a couple pixels off
18:18 Mapper: eh irc oki
18:18 Cassu2: there are a couple of those in the map
18:18 Mapper: wait
18:18 Cassu2: also this 00:21:211 (2) - LMAO
18:18 Mapper: calm or sunrise
18:18 Cassu2: sunrise
18:18 Cassu2: but as I said
18:18 Cassu2: probably something that only really bothers me
18:18 Mapper: 00:08:238 (2) - not fixable
18:18 Cassu2: most don't even seem to notice, there are ranked maps with similar things
18:18 Cassu2: dude ez fix
18:19 Cassu2: ctrl g, fix, ctrl g again
18:19 Mapper: no
18:19 Cassu2: fix'd
18:19 Mapper: oh
18:19 Mapper: thx
18:19 Cassu2: ye it's stupid editor shit
18:19 Cassu2: I get triggered every time I see that
18:20 Mapper: oki fixed
18:20 Mapper: thanks
18:20 Cassu2: yee but it's really hard to find anything else lmao
18:20 Mapper: anything on clam?
18:20 Mapper: calm*
18:20 Cassu2: leme see real quick
18:21 Cassu2: I can't see anything wrong LMAO
18:21 Mapper: lmao
18:21 Mapper: ez kudosu
18:22 Cassu2: I mean maybe stuff like this 00:21:211 (2,1) - but I'm pretty sure you weren't going for a blanket anyway so eh
18:22 Cassu2: doesn't look too good to me tho
18:22 Mapper: im currently fixing it xd
18:22 Cassu2: ayy
18:23 Cassu2: and as aimod says, "your beatmap is less than 45 seconds long. consider making it longer" Kappa
18:23 Mapper: lol gg
18:23 Mapper: k post it xd

tbh rankable already xd
Topic Starter
headphonewearer

Cassu2 wrote:

I R C M O D B O I S
18:17 Cassu2: I mean the only issue I see is probably something that only I can be bothered by
18:17 Cassu2: it's my mapping ocd
18:17 Cassu2: 00:08:238 (2) - isn't perfectly under the slider end
18:17 Cassu2: it's like a couple pixels off
18:18 Mapper: eh irc oki
18:18 Cassu2: there are a couple of those in the map
18:18 Mapper: wait
18:18 Cassu2: also this 00:21:211 (2) - LMAO
18:18 Mapper: calm or sunrise
18:18 Cassu2: sunrise
18:18 Cassu2: but as I said
18:18 Cassu2: probably something that only really bothers me
18:18 Mapper: 00:08:238 (2) - not fixable
18:18 Cassu2: most don't even seem to notice, there are ranked maps with similar things
18:18 Cassu2: dude ez fix
18:19 Cassu2: ctrl g, fix, ctrl g again
18:19 Mapper: no
18:19 Cassu2: fix'd
18:19 Mapper: oh
18:19 Mapper: thx
18:19 Cassu2: ye it's stupid editor shit
18:19 Cassu2: I get triggered every time I see that
18:20 Mapper: oki fixed
18:20 Mapper: thanks
18:20 Cassu2: yee but it's really hard to find anything else lmao
18:20 Mapper: anything on clam?
18:20 Mapper: calm*
18:20 Cassu2: leme see real quick
18:21 Cassu2: I can't see anything wrong LMAO
18:21 Mapper: lmao
18:21 Mapper: ez kudosu
18:22 Cassu2: I mean maybe stuff like this 00:21:211 (2,1) - but I'm pretty sure you weren't going for a blanket anyway so eh
18:22 Cassu2: doesn't look too good to me tho
18:22 Mapper: im currently fixing it xd
18:22 Cassu2: ayy
18:23 Cassu2: and as aimod says, "your beatmap is less than 45 seconds long. consider making it longer" Kappa
18:23 Mapper: lol gg
18:23 Mapper: k post it xd

tbh rankable already xd
thanks!

[ Space ] wrote:

good luck on rank! owo
thanks!x2
Rizen
maybe get a custom hitsound for that 'pew' whistle sound

calm
  1. the only thing I find weird about this diff is the 1/2 circle (e.g. 00:04:590 (2) - ). I would argue that the prominent beat is the right-side blue tick where there is the piano. meaning the current rhythm does not really accurately follow the music. if i were u, I would follow those piano sounds on the blue ticks instead (or only have 1/1 rhythm) so the objects follow the music accurately
  2. other than that, nothing else
sunrise
  1. that ending finish at slider tail of 00:38:238 (1) - isn't really needed imo, nothing really going on in the music. if applied, apply to calm too
  2. the spinner ending point here is different to calm
  3. the only inconsistency I can find is 00:30:130 (2,3,4) - which has a zig-zag flow compared to the arcing flow at 00:17:157 (2,3,4) - , 00:36:617 (2,3,4) -
  4. ehh nothing else really wrong. map is pretty consistent (besides pixel-stacks: 00:06:617 (1,2) - , 00:19:590 (1,2) - )
sorry if this isn't helpful :?
Topic Starter
headphonewearer

Rizen wrote:

maybe get a custom hitsound for that 'pew' whistle sound

calm
  1. the only thing I find weird about this diff is the 1/2 circle (e.g. 00:04:590 (2) - ). I would argue that the prominent beat is the right-side blue tick where there is the piano. meaning the current rhythm does not really accurately follow the music. if i were u, I would follow those piano sounds on the blue ticks instead (or only have 1/1 rhythm) so the objects follow the music accurately without the notes it'd be 0,84* which is wayyy to low, and ive heard that having notes on a blue tick at such an easy diff is unrankable, or at least not recommended. to have the note at a red tick makes it easier to read since beginners probably would read it on a blue tick as if it were on the red one.
  2. other than that, nothing else
sunrise
  1. that ending finish at slider tail of 00:38:238 (1) - isn't really needed imo, nothing really going on in the music. if applied, apply to calm too oops, didnt mean to have it there.
  2. the spinner ending point here is different to calm fixed
  3. the only inconsistency I can find is 00:30:130 (2,3,4) - which has a zig-zag flow compared to the arcing flow at 00:17:157 (2,3,4) - , 00:36:617 (2,3,4) -
  4. ehh nothing else really wrong. map is pretty consistent (besides pixel-stacks: 00:06:617 (1,2) - , 00:19:590 (1,2) - ) good point
sorry if this isn't helpful :?
most helpful mod so far, thank you!!!
Nokashi
Hello there!

[ General]
  1. https://tomppabeats.bandcamp.com/album/harbor-lp metadata if you havent gotten it yet

[ calm]
  1. 00:19:590 (1) - Inconsistent NC here, since you NC every 2 downbeats
  2. 00:22:833 (1,2,3) - Literally the only nitpick i can find is this transition which is the only one that incorporates a more fluid and circular movement rather than an angled movement like other similar patterns such as 00:16:346 (1,2,3) - or 00:03:374 (1,2,3) - .Pretty nitpicky i know, but you should go for the full 100% pattern consistency nontheless

[ sunrise]
  1. This diff is maybe the only visible issue i have with this mapset. It makes the spread intengrity really questionable. Since the exact previous diff only utilizes simple 1/2 rhythms and noticable 1/1 gaps, this diff having 1/4 rhythms and variable sv could result in a noticable spread jump you dont usually see from an easy to a normal diff. Thing is, i really like how you expressed the song in this diff so im not exactly against it. It's more of an objective concern for future BN checks. :D . The following suggestions will mostly contribute to easing up this, considered by some, uneven spread without killing the premise of this difficulty
  2. First and foremost. Colorhaxing! Just to be safe i will assume that you are not aware what colorhaxing is, so no offence pls ;w;. Basically colorhaxing the process of manually selecting which color is shown on the new combo. Mostly used in gimmicks, if used properly in can give a nice touch to a mapset. You can easily colorhax by clicking on the place you want to place the new combo and instead of click the big NC icon, you click the arrow on the edge of its border, and you will get something like this and now you can manually choose the colour the combo starting from this NC will have! ok enough theory now! I mentioned colorhaxing mainly because of these slow sv sliders here 00:05:806 (1) - , which to me are the highlight of the map. Thing is, they dont have a consistent color so they are properly differentiated. ( after noticing some more i noticed that they are indeed colorhaxed, with yellow on sliders ending with a beat on the blue tick, and blue when its silenced) However this is a detail that not most players will notice, so im encouraring a consistent colour on all SV drops, to help with readability.
  3. 00:04:184 (2) - you could stop these sliders at 00:04:792 - and go for a consistent 1/4 rhythm like 00:08:238 (2,3) - for example. I'm basing this on the fact that there will be consistency on the sounds the longer 3/4 rhythms will use since this synth thats used here 00:04:792 - is also used here 00:05:806 - . Similar point applies to all similar rhythms, since this is a sound sample that literally repeats itself every measure
  4. Another way the spread could seem a bit more even would be to make 1/4 distance snaps more lenient. An example would be 00:09:049 (1,1,2) - . As it stands, and with the inconsistent colorhax, the spacing is larger than other 1/4 spacings. Maybe something like this would have sufficed. Same applies for all similar patterns.
  5. Semi-nitpick point but, considering the more fluid movement these 00:14:725 (2,3) - rhythms have, it feels really out of place that this particular one 00:21:617 (3,1) - utilizes a really sharp angle that might throw players off cause the spacing inconsistency as well

Thats about it really, the song is really linear and i really like your concept behind it. Feel free to deny my suggestions but i tried my best to further protect this from a potential remap that will destroy the uniqueness of the "sunrise" difficulty
If there is any need for clarifications, catch me ingame or discord ( we even have a mutual server! )
Best of luck~
Topic Starter
headphonewearer

Nokashi wrote:

Hello there! So let's be honest, you suck at mapping

[ General]
  1. https://tomppabeats.bandcamp.com/album/harbor-lp metadata if you havent gotten it yet
thanks, added "lp" to tags and btw,
"goodmorningme" can be with both capital G or small. just so you know

[ calm]
  1. 00:19:590 (1) - Inconsistent NC here, since you NC every 2 downbeats fixed
  2. 00:22:833 (1,2,3) - Literally the only nitpick i can find is this transition which is the only one that incorporates a more fluid and circular movement rather than an angled movement like other similar patterns such as 00:16:346 (1,2,3) - or 00:03:374 (1,2,3) - .Pretty nitpicky i know, but you should go for the full 100% pattern consistency nontheless it doesnt really matter imo, and i dont really know what else to do

[ sunrise]
  1. This diff is maybe the only visible issue i have with this mapset. It makes the spread intengrity really questionable. Since the exact previous diff only utilizes simple 1/2 rhythms and noticable 1/1 gaps, this diff having 1/4 rhythms and variable sv could result in a noticable spread jump you dont usually see from an easy to a normal diff. Thing is, i really like how you expressed the song in this diff so im not exactly against it. It's more of an objective concern for future BN checks. :D . The following suggestions will mostly contribute to easing up this, considered by some, uneven spread without killing the premise of this difficulty this has the same "issues" so i believe its rankable, but maybe i can make another diff thats a bit in the middle
  2. First and foremost. Colorhaxing! Just to be safe i will assume that you are not aware what colorhaxing is, so no offence pls ;w;. Basically colorhaxing the process of manually selecting which color is shown on the new combo. Mostly used in gimmicks, if used properly in can give a nice touch to a mapset. You can easily colorhax by clicking on the place you want to place the new combo and instead of click the big NC icon, you click the arrow on the edge of its border, and you will get something like this and now you can manually choose the colour the combo starting from this NC will have! ok enough theory now! I mentioned colorhaxing mainly because of these slow sv sliders here 00:05:806 (1) - , which to me are the highlight of the map. Thing is, they dont have a consistent color so they are properly differentiated. ( after noticing some more i noticed that they are indeed colorhaxed, with yellow on sliders ending with a beat on the blue tick, and blue when its silenced) However this is a detail that not most players will notice, so im encouraring a consistent colour on all SV drops, to help with readability. alright, made it yellow
  3. 00:04:184 (2) - you could stop these sliders at 00:04:792 - and go for a consistent 1/4 rhythm like 00:08:238 (2,3) - for example. I'm basing this on the fact that there will be consistency on the sounds the longer 3/4 rhythms will use since this synth thats used here 00:04:792 - is also used here 00:05:806 - . Similar point applies to all similar rhythms, since this is a sound sample that literally repeats itself every measure as i said in a previous mod, i 100% follow the drums in this map, which is why i ignore the piano (except the tiny noise i added a whistle on). i understand what you mean, and i would agree if it didnt have to require an entire remap which i dont really want to do, and if the map didnt only follow the beats which it does in this diff.
    its also just a normal so it shouldnt be way too complicated.
  4. Another way the spread could seem a bit more even would be to make 1/4 distance snaps more lenient. An example would be 00:09:049 (1,1,2) - . As it stands, and with the inconsistent colorhax, the spacing is larger than other 1/4 spacings. Maybe something like this would have sufficed. Same applies for all similar patterns. 00:09:049 (1,1) - here the ds is 3x and at 00:09:860 (1,2) - its always 1,7x (3,02 and stuff like that obviously doesnt count) and the patterns plays alright, i dont really understand what you mean. could you try to be a bit more clear? we can talk ingame
  5. Semi-nitpick point but, considering the more fluid movement these 00:14:725 (2,3) - rhythms have, it feels really out of place that this particular one 00:21:617 (3,1) - utilizes a really sharp angle that might throw players off cause the spacing inconsistency as well fixed

Thats about it really, the song is really linear and i really like your concept behind it. Feel free to deny my suggestions but i tried my best to further protect this from a potential remap that will destroy the uniqueness of the "sunrise" difficulty
If there is any need for clarifications, catch me ingame or discord ( we even have a mutual server! ) thanks!
Best of luck~
thanks for checking! and thanks firetrick xd
Plaudible
nm from q hihi

love the ponyo bg, wish you could do a bit more with the storyboard. i dont know how hard shimmering water, maybe some leaves slowly drifting by would be, but just the blinking light for vocals is a bit... bland. with the ending, make the black fade out a bit at least, not an instant dark screen.

maybe use soft hitnormals? the normal one is a bit clunky.

calm
  1. this is a super short song so i feel you could do your best to perfect some aesthetic things here and there. your straight sliders are all just a tinge off in their angles, you got some that are straight like at 00:24:455 (3) - then you have some fairly bent ones at 00:16:346 (1) - . could you consider rotating one perhaps 5 degrees or so, then copy pasting it and rotating it 90 degrees for the rest? perfecting little aesthetic nitpicks like that would make this a lot nicer overall.
  2. your rhythm is the same thing over again and again for 30 seconds except the last slider, couldn't you change it up at least a little somehow? perhaps use reverse sliders for the clicking noises like at 00:17:968 (3) - .

calm
  1. hello girl next door
  2. 00:08:238 (2,3,1) - spacing consistency pls
  3. 00:09:860 (1,2) - angle could be nicer here in comparison, like https://puu.sh/vwgIs/ba5160b91d.jpg
  4. 00:11:887 (4,1) - could you overlap these more? compare to 00:05:806 (1,1) -
  5. 00:18:374 (4,1) - perhaps dont overlap these since you do the next notes, too many in a short time looks a bit awkard.
  6. 00:30:130 (2,3,4) - another angle dealio, perhaps rotate -10 degrees.

cute song, gl :D
Topic Starter
headphonewearer

Plaudible wrote:

nm from q hihi

love the ponyo bg, wish you could do a bit more with the storyboard. i dont know how hard shimmering water, maybe some leaves slowly drifting by would be, but just the blinking light for vocals is a bit... bland. with the ending, make the black fade out a bit at least, not an instant dark screen. ill talk with theduckmask, but i think the sb is clean and fine as it is tho

maybe use soft hitnormals? the normal one is a bit clunky. want to emphasize the fact that the map is following the drums, thats why i use drum hs.

calm
  1. this is a super short song so i feel you could do your best to perfect some aesthetic things here and there. your straight sliders are all just a tinge off in their angles, you got some that are straight like at 00:24:455 (3) - then you have some fairly bent ones at 00:16:346 (1) - . could you consider rotating one perhaps 5 degrees or so, then copy pasting it and rotating it 90 degrees for the rest? perfecting little aesthetic nitpicks like that would make this a lot nicer overall. doesnt matter
  2. your rhythm is the same thing over again and again for 30 seconds except the last slider, couldn't you change it up at least a little somehow? perhaps use reverse sliders for the clicking noises like at 00:17:968 (3) - .want to keep it simple in this diff, ill add another diff thats a bit in the middle tho

calm
  1. hello girl next door
  2. 00:08:238 (2,3,1) - spacing consistency pls uups fixed
  3. 00:09:860 (1,2) - angle could be nicer here in comparison, like https://puu.sh/vwgIs/ba5160b91d.jpg sure
  4. 00:11:887 (4,1) - could you overlap these more? compare to 00:05:806 (1,1) - not possible if i want to keep the ds
  5. 00:18:374 (4,1) - perhaps dont overlap these since you do the next notes, too many in a short time looks a bit awkard. sure
  6. 00:30:130 (2,3,4) - ano[/color]ther angle dealio, perhaps rotate -10 degrees. why not

cute song, gl :D
thanks!
Plaudible
could i get kds pls xd
HML
irc
09:45 HML: 00:04:184 (2) - This blanket seems a bit wide and off, idk
09:45 Mapper: OOF
09:45 Mapper: yea i fixed it
09:45 HML: 00:13:103 (1,2) - Probably make this flow together better
09:45 HML: IKR HML MAKING B:ANKET MODS AAAAAAAA\
09:46 Mapper: seems fine imo
09:46 HML: 00:20:401 (2) - This blanket is a bit uneven too
09:46 Mapper: yea lemme just adjust this pixel thx
09:47 HML: ywyw
09:47 HML: 00:29:319 (1,2) - don't tuck me in at night with this blanket ty
09:47 Mapper: REE
09:48 HML: 00:35:806 (1,2) - This overlap seemed kinda weird and useless, maybe clean it up a bit?
09:48 Mapper: i think its sex but ok
09:48 HML: aaaa
09:48 HML: 00:38:948 (1) - This seems kinda useless. Probably better just to have spinner
09:49 HML: That my mod
Topic Starter
headphonewearer

HML wrote:

irc
09:45 HML: 00:04:184 (2) - This blanket seems a bit wide and off, idk
09:45 Mapper: OOF
09:45 Mapper: yea i fixed it
09:45 HML: 00:13:103 (1,2) - Probably make this flow together better
09:45 HML: IKR HML MAKING B:ANKET MODS AAAAAAAA\
09:46 Mapper: seems fine imo
09:46 HML: 00:20:401 (2) - This blanket is a bit uneven too
09:46 Mapper: yea lemme just adjust this pixel thx
09:47 HML: ywyw
09:47 HML: 00:29:319 (1,2) - don't tuck me in at night with this blanket ty
09:47 Mapper: REE
09:48 HML: 00:35:806 (1,2) - This overlap seemed kinda weird and useless, maybe clean it up a bit?
09:48 Mapper: i think its sex but ok
09:48 HML: aaaa
09:48 HML: 00:38:948 (1) - This seems kinda useless. Probably better just to have spinner
09:49 HML: That my mod

thank
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.