forum

how does ranking work

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lonkor
how does this work? so if you play a map really badly and im talking about like for example 100 max reached combo out of 1000 map combo and 80% acc B play
and this play being your best play on the map then is your overall player acc and rank going to get fucked? because i accidentally let one of these plays go through so i didnt escape + return to menu at the end like i usually do and when i was waiting for the rank and acc change from this play i was thinking that rip my acc rip my rank and i actually got +18 rank and no acc change? from something like 150 max combo and 80% acc? how?
Domo3311

lonkor wrote:

how does this work? so if you play a map really badly and im talking about like for example 100 max reached combo out of 1000 map combo and 80% acc B play
and this play being your best play on the map then is your overall player acc and rank going to get fucked? because i accidentally let one of these plays go through so i didnt escape + return to menu at the end like i usually do and when i was waiting for the rank and acc change from this play i was thinking that rip my acc rip my rank and i actually got +18 rank and no acc change? from something like 150 max combo and 80% acc? how?
Most likely you got VERY little pp from your play, so little that the play is near the bottom of your pp list and had no effect on your accuracy. 100 combos/1000 is really shouldn't net you any pp anyway dont worry about it. If anything just replay that same song and get better acc and combo to overwrite the score. Acc and PP is weighted more heavily on your top plays and your lower PP plays becomes less significant.
Kyrari
Escaping only helps you avoid worse accs because you can't actually get lower ranks from playing badly at a map.

If you did badly on a map and got low pp, it wouldn't replace your older much better pp score. (Generally more score = more pp)
If you never played a map before, you'd just get a low pp that'd probably not affect your ranking in anyway because of the weighting system.

If you lose ranks after playing a map, it's more likely that other people passed your rank while you were playing (and for 6 digits, even small pp increases can get you up thousands of ranks). It usually updates your ranking after you finish a map after all. The hit accuracy stat also doesn't really matter unless you want it to be like 100% all SS