hi, from queue
ok so your flow is mostly fine, it's your aesthetics and rhythm that i'm worried about
have some aesthetics/rhythm tips for free in the general header!
(also, the stuff i point out in a diff is present in more or less the entire diff. identify what's wrong, find it everywhere you can, then fix all of the stuff you found wrong.)
- mapping advice.
- end sliders on equally or less powerful sounds than they start.
- avoid overlaps when they aren't neat or part of a pattern, concept, or gimmick - they look ugly to most people. (eg 00:21:600 (4,2) - on normal diff)
- create good structure by arranging your objects in symmetrical patterns, using parallel lines, having consistent slider shapes (like having all straight sliders tilted a certain degree unless otherwise required by a pattern), equidistance, and arranging objects in regular polygons (generic triangles, squares, pentagons et al)
- avoid skipping important beats through sliders (like 00:00:600 (4) - on hard)
- make your patterns consistent
- prioritize one rhythm at a time, not all of them
- these are more or less what you need to do in your map
- lack of structure (refer to general) in this diff tbh
- turn up distance snap a bit so the hitobjects dont overlap, right now they overlap a bit (like only their outer borders) so it kinda looks ugly. i'd recommend 1.0x but ds is up to you -increased it to 1.1x
- 00:05:365 (3) - youre ending the slider on a more important sound than where it currently starts. for future reference i'd suggest ending sliders on equally strong or less strong sounds since pressing a slider gives more emphasis than releasing it, and more emphasis = stronger sounds. -changed
- 00:15:600 (4,1) - ugly overlap-fixed
- 00:20:541 (2,3) - could be blanketed-slider 3 changed to circle
00:21:600 (4) - "this object is too far from the previous object!"-nothing wrong in AiMod
- 00:21:600 (4,2) - ugly overlap-fixed
- 00:25:482 (1,2,3,4,5) - could be pentagon -made pentagon
- 00:27:247 (6) - basically same as 00:05:365 (3) -. you're ending the slider on the vocal, and starting it on some background instrument. because you're prioritizing vocals in your rhythm, the vocal is stronger and thus is the one that should be clickable.-fixed
- 00:30:070 (3,4,1,2,3) - also pentagon-was modified
- 00:35:365 (1,2,1) - could be triangle-fixed?
- 00:36:776 (1,2,3) - nice use of symmetry here but it's not actually symmetrical, nudge 2 a bit to the right to fix- sadlyit wont look nice as it would be originally was since ds change, but i did move it still lol
- 00:36:776 (1,4) - ugly overlap. move 4 in the path of 3 to avoid this and also to change flow so that the overlap with 00:38:188 (3,1) - goes away -fixed
- the main things wrong with your map are what i listed above - fix all instances of these in the map and i think it would take a leap in quality. there are still things like this throughout the rest of the diff i didn't mod (since if i did write them down it would make for an even bigger wall of text xdddddd) so i suggest that you find and fix them yourself as an exercise.
- the structure problems i mentioned in the normal apply here too, you should fix them
- 00:00:600 (4) - skipping vocal on white tick. focus on one instrument at once instead of all at once for a coherent rhythm.-fixed
- 00:01:482 (1,2) - should be a slider instead - you're giving 2 (which is a less important sound) the same amount of importance as 1 (which is more important). by making this a slider, you give the sound on 1 more importance than the sound on 2, which is what you should be doing-fixed
- 00:01:659 (2,3,4) - triangle like what you did on 00:01:482 (1,2,3) - -kind of adjusted
- 00:01:835 (3,4) - fix blanket whether or not you do that
- 00:03:600 (3) - skipping vocals again-fixed
- 00:07:835 (5) - yeah i think you get it-vocals here
- 00:11:365 (1,2,3,4) - equidistance (this is really more of a problem in higher diffs)
- 00:14:012 (6,1) - blanket-fixed
- 00:17:012 (1,3,1) - this is a nice example of parallelism.
- 00:31:129 (1,2,3,4,5) - lack of structure-modified
- 00:32:541 (1,2,3,4,5) - same^
- main problems with this diff are: structure, ignoring prioritized sounds (basically trying to map all things instead of just one thing at once), and blankets. as before, find and fix them.
- problems in the above diffs apply here too, especially prioritizing rhythm
- 00:00:423 (3) - i think you can spot what's wrong with this after reading the above- got ya
- 00:00:776 (4) - ^-yes
- 00:05:541 (7) - stack on 6 instead for consistency with the previous stacks*^^]
- if youve read the above mods and advice, you should be able to spot what's wrong with this map
if stuff is still unclear for you feel free to pm me either ingame or thru forums and i can explain stuff to you. -thank for you time, thanks for the mod