forum

TrySail & TRUE - High Free Spirits vs. DREAM SOLISTER [Osu|T

posted
Total Posts
show more
Venix
In another way, why did you put 00:51:832 - here red line? It's totally unnecessary, because bpm and ofset is the same .-.

And one more issue, Linatarks' diff has unsnapped objects:
01:35:452 (1) -
01:49:464 (1) -

On Harubbes' insane it's one too: 01:49:464 (1) -
Linada

Venix wrote:

And one more issue, Linatarks' diff has unsnapped objects:
01:35:452 (1) -
01:49:464 (1) -
they're correctly snapped lol ?
Venix
are you 100% sure?
Topic Starter
Sotarks
Yep they are correctly snapped, did you redl the set?
Also for that redline it's just a reset downbeat, and it doesn't affect the gameplay.
Linada
yes ? even aimod and modding assistant doesn't say anything about this

i checked for Harrubes' diff and it's correctly snapped too
C00L
not trying to be rude here, but did any bn checking this map realised the obvious mistakes in timing near the end?

01:20:635 - starting from here, the timing isn't a constant bpm as seen clearly here 01:22:908 - at this beat, the timing seems to be at least 20ms out. As far as I'm aware that's unrankable tbh. This is more what it should be like

That wasn't the only instance, this here too 00:50:397 - this starts like 50ms earlier than the actual dominant beat 50,417 sounds much more accurate than this one, and the max acceptable range in inaccuracy is something like +-5ms so idk how this is a acceptable thing.

These kinda are there for a reason
Topic Starter
Sotarks

C00L wrote:

not trying to be rude here, but did any bn checking this map realised the obvious mistakes in timing near the end?

01:20:635 - starting from here, the timing isn't a constant bpm as seen clearly here 01:22:908 - at this beat, the timing seems to be at least 20ms out. As far as I'm aware that's unrankable tbh. This is more what it should be like
Please this song hasn't got any timing change at this place, please check Kibbleru's full version, I took mp3 from him.

That wasn't the only instance, this here too 00:50:397 - this starts like 50ms earlier than the actual dominant beat 50,417 sounds much more accurate than this one, and the max acceptable range in inaccuracy is something like +-5ms so idk how this is a acceptable thing.
I testplayed lots of time and this is timed ok, I also don't want to put it later because otherwise it's weird to play "i tried" !! that moment is pretty accurate and not missreading or missacc... maybe my ears are wrong but for me it's timed correctly, looked some testplayes on qualified leaderboards seems like poeple are accurate on this section, and both you mentionned...

These kinda are there for a reason

CptSqBany wrote:

Now I'm going to say something about Kalibe's diff, but in Polish... Why? Because he has to deal with his problems by himself, and not ask some other guys to protect him like he's a baby or something... And Sotarks, don't you even try to translate google things I'm going to write to him. It's his problem, not yours.

00:05:397 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - Sounds are the same in the music and you still increased the spacing. This has nothing to do with what is in the music. This is RHYTHM GAME, not fcking wrist-breaker I'm sorry I broke your wrist dude, I can offer you a hospital ticket if you want... Also I want to keep my 1/2 rythm building up here, compared to 00:07:977 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - this one decreasing thx.
00:07:494 (2,3,4,5,6) - This stream is wrongly blanketed with (1) circle Are you for real? You pixel mod qualified maps ?
00:07:977 (1,2,1,2) - Here, you did constant snapping instead... Maybe it's finally time to make patterns that has sense to music or else just stop mapping? I'll take that in consideration thanks senpai!
00:11:365 (6,8,9,10) - If (6) slider is straight, why (8,9,10) are curved? Explain it to me because it has no sense, it just looks horrible i inspired my self of alien by monstrata so poeple like you can eyes-bleed when you see my sliders!!!1 wtf is wrong with you is there a rule or smth to curve or not curve sliders ?
00:13:945 (6,8,9,10) - On the other hand, here, there are no straight sliders. You can't even keep the patterns constant throughout the song... pLS lEt Me choose when I wanT whjeN to CurVe or NOt sliDErs thX
00:34:913 (3) - This is wrongly blanketed, and dont tell me this is "aesthetics" because it has nothing to do with aesthetics.. (explanation is below) this is aesthetics!
00:35:558 (5,6) - Same here... I saw you were already discussing this thing here, and I don't fucking understand why you are so against moving these two objects couple of pixels further to either blanket with the slider, and also keeping equal distances from the slider itself. On the other hand you are complaining that this is aesthetics... Then let's say you are in school, Art lesson, and you have to draw a circle as good as possible, and you draw an egg shape (intentionally). If you will say this is a circle for you, it isn't a circle for everybody else, because for everybody else its an egg shape. Then you cry that you got a bad grade... just... don't be a jerk and sometimes listen to others... i never thought someone can do such words for blanket/pixel mod, man you should apply for harvard!
00:37:332 (3) - You can move it a one pixel closer to a slider one pixel? that's big, i'll maybe consider it to do smth like this : so maybe my blankets can be more accurate so poeple while playing will say OMG you're so good at maths !!!
00:41:687 (2,3,4) - I don't understand why you won't start with the full spacing, but you start with the half of it. The song doesn't change here. Of course, the vocals are ascending, but you don't increase the spacing evenly with the vocal... the build-up you've done is unjustifiable. well i don't want to start the hard jump section with full screen jumps already, you don't get the build up here, pls i explained this like 4 times already
00:45:719 (5,6,7,8) - Similar situation here, you should evenly increase spacing of this pattern with the vocals. You can't just put circles how you want them to be. This is rhythm game!! This is a loud vocal section!!!!!!!!

I think you just took your job of pp mapper too seriously, and you can't make a proper map anymore without putting unnecessary jumps... I wish the job of pp mapper can exist tbh, and earn money like 100$ bucks per pp maps, and evaluate your salary in term of full screen jumps and pp!!!
[/color]

Overall, I think there is too big difficulty spike between both of parts. Either Sotarks's part is too hard, or Kalibe''s part is too easy. This shouldn't be ranked at all and should be repaired ASAP. Overall, I think you are the most rude and bad modder I've ever seen. Your attitude should be repaired ASAP.
Also I don't get why you guys complain about the diff spike since the songs are not even consistant rythmn and intensity wise... It's normal that HFS has bigger diff spike than Dream Solister, imagine if it would've been reversed, it would be so wrong.
_handholding
I don't like the map but I like your mod replies, 30/30 very entertaining 👌

Also the grammar in the description is wrong
I mapped High Free Spirits' & he mapped Dream Solister's
It should be
I mapped High Free Spirits & he mapped Dream Solister
kds pls
Topic Starter
Sotarks

Kisses wrote:

I don't like the map but I like your mod replies, 30/30 very entertaining 👌

Also the grammar in the description is wrong
I mapped High Free Spirits' & he mapped Dream Solister's
It should be
I mapped High Free Spirits & he mapped Dream Solister
kds pls
I don't like you but I like the english correction since i'm a french scrub! Thanks
C00L

Sotarks wrote:

Please this song hasn't got any timing change at this place, please check Kibbleru's full version, I took mp3 from him.
Just because you took a mp3 from another set doesn't automatically mean that it's timing is 100% correct, mistakes happen you know. Here let me show you a prime example of what i mean.

This map and this another map are in the same exact position that your set is in right now, one is a shorter version of the other. Yet if you look at them they both have such different quantity in timing points. They're both ranked, yet one had controversy during the ranking process about timing (guess which one) and he was saying the exact same thing you are saying about timing: "Oh but he ranked it it's the same mp3 just cut to shorter length so mines has to be correct too" That didn't go through and had many DQ's just because of that reason. Ofc if this gets ranked it will just show that you don't really show much appreciation about your map quality and you just want another +1 in your Ranked and Approved folder on your profile, it sounds harsh but that's the way i see it right now, unless you prove me wrong and actually ask more people about this timing issue, rather than relying on opinions from players not experienced in the editor itself. Ranking maps is one thing that is fine, but ranking maps with things you're not 100% sure about and that someone proved you wrong about is just lazy and ignorant tbh.
Monstrata
There's only so much you can say before your continued response here is no longer about improving the map, but winning an argument. I mean, some people aren't even discussing the map anymore, but other people's comments: p/5929724.

When you mod a qualified map, you shouldn't be expecting the same reception as when you are modding pre-qualified. Also, if you are the modder, you shouldn't be able to say your mod is helpful, that's for the mapper to decide... And things can change from mapper to mapper. There's mapper/modder compatability here too, and if fundamentally, you and the mapper disagree on mapping philosophies, that just naturally translates to very few if any changes being beneficial for them.
Monstrata
@C00L

That was mainly because I edited my mp3 to recalibrate the majority of offset shifts. It's possible for ranked maps to have poor timing, but you can always test this by looking at player feedback. The advantage of a ranked map is you will have a huge playerbase to work with. The ranked mapset for dream solister basically has 1.6 million plays and no complaints about timing. It's still possible for ranked maps to have poor timing, but you can actually determine if thats true or not by observing player feedback, unlike on a qualified/pending map that won't have the same popularity.
Topic Starter
Sotarks
I can't assume the fact that you think i'm lazy, i replied to everymods correctly with proper arguments, poeple ended up insulting me so that's why now I'm a bit pissed off...
I do care about the map quality, and I don't care about the +1 in ranked folder tbh.
And I do think that the timing of this song is correct, and plays well.
Pachiru
Good set yay
Doormat
i never thought i'd see the day a comment would get modded LMAO
Hollow Delta

Sotarks wrote:

I can't assume the fact that you think i'm lazy, i replied to everymods correctly with proper arguments, poeple ended up insulting me so that's why now I'm a bit pissed off...
I do care about the map quality, and I don't care about the +1 in ranked folder tbh.
And I do think that the timing of this song is correct, and plays well.
Not all of your responses were proper, which is why some people aren't happy right now. There's been a few cases where you've said someone's suggestion was 'valid' but still don't apply it. It doesn't matter if the map is qualified, that doesn't change the fact that a suggestion could still improve the overall quality of the set.
Nao Tomori
there is some difference between improving the quality of a set subjectively and improving it in some objective way. most of suggestions he says are valid are purely aesthetic anyway, or based on different interpretation. it is always possible to nitpick and nitpick on something but not actually improve it, which is what sotarks is trying to say here.
C00L

Monstrata wrote:

It's possible for ranked maps to have poor timing, but you can always test this by looking at player feedback.
So isn't the point of a qualified section to improve on those "poor" things rather than keeping them just because you cant be bothered to go through the hasle of requalifing the map. Even if a player base is large who knows how many of them complained about it just havent raised awarness of it because they're players and from that 1.6 million i woudn't doubt only max 100 thousand of them know forums even exist and 60 thousand know that you can post on them and even if they had concerns they woudn't raise any awarness because they don't want to be ignored or just respected as a newbie. To be fair it is a small difference and yes maybe people don't notice it as much but still improving on that blatant error would just result in only positives, this is what I don't get. Also I didn't know what you did to the mp3 but I was just posting that as a prime example.

Also @Sotarks my appologies maybe i went a bit too out at you, when saying you are lazy i was referring to the DQ of a map to improve it and easily requalifing it just for the better, with your popularity that shoudn't be such a big issue and you know it shoudn't. Also i do understand that you are a bit frustrated with the all on going about the set itself, i haven't taken a deep look at it but i talked with a friend about it and he raised some corncerns that are really questionable, like this for example 00:10:558 (1,2,3,4) - the (1) and (2) would be fine i guess in terms of emphasis yet the visual spacing of the next (3) and (4) seems really similar to each other and therefore in return giving the player feedback of why were they so close and similar when the sounds are so different. Also the emphasis would be ok i guess for (1) and (2) mentioning this again since here 00:13:139 (1,2) - same sounds and different representation again. Ofc you can say that the slider 00:09:429 (1) - is slowed down to give that impact... it just doesn't. Also the slider here could be improved visually a lot it looks rather unpolished atm. More or less that's what really caught my eye, he said there are much more of these so i guess he does have some points to make too. Again sorry for going all out didn't mean to make you feel anyway worse, that wasn't my intention... it never is. But imo if you don't believe me ask somebody experienced in timing more, since imo this is too obvious to stay like this, no matter what players say improving this would only go for the better.

I'll try to be more civil next time i raise concern, mb again
Monstrata
Your assumption is that the timing is poor according to yourself. I'm just saying that your view doesn't seem to be expressd elsewhere. The qualified section is absolutely a place to improve poor qualities, but the timing seems perfectly fine for people. If no one complains, isn't it more logical to think they are fine with the timing? Doesn't seem as logical to say ppl don't complain because they don't know forums exist lol
C00L
Well just like i cant convice you that something is wrong, you cant convince me that everything is fine. It does seem it's only me raising awarness but i guess you do make a point, it is only me and nobody else. All i can say is the map is going to be ranked soon so congrats i guess. Ill refrain from posting about timing again
Ozato Fumika

C00L wrote:

Well just like i cant convice you that something is wrong, you cant convince me that everything is fine. It does seem it's only me raising awarness but i guess you do make a point, it is only me and nobody else. All i can say is the map is going to be ranked soon so congrats i guess. Ill refrain from posting about timing again
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

C00L wrote:

Well just like i cant convince you that something is wrong, you cant convince me that everything is fine. It does seem it's only me raising awareness but i guess you do make a point, it is only me and nobody else. All i can say is the map is going to be ranked soon so congrats i guess. Ill refrain from posting about timing again
kds pls
_handholding
so err, are you going to change the description then or...? I just don't get why you would keep something that way when it's wrong
C00L
Haha sorry Momoka I tend to miss out letters when typing on my tablet x)
Topic Starter
Sotarks
I will kisses
EDIT: ok so no kisses i won't fix that was a meme, it's like the "he mapped oddS and evenS" i replay hfs and dream solister by a commun noun, so that's why the "s".
EDIT2: Wtf I didn't realise that this map got reported 3 times here xd Nice guys, one time is not enough!
freddofrog
Extremely unhappy with the ranked status on this map... pentarks difficulty is exceptionally out of time by about -30ms and is unplayable...
skyhunter45
looking forword to it