forum

Why is there no osu!std-only options?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
pw384
Problem Details:

Recently my beatmap http://osu.ppy.sh/s/162800 has been disqualified for score overflowing under CtB mode. However, this beatmap is designed only for std mode. Thus deleting notes to avoid issue is a hurt.

On a large scale, many std beatmaps, especially those with frequent SV changes, 1/8 or 1/16 kicksliders, etc. are ridiculously converted to taiko mode. I see no reason providing scoreboards for converted beatmaps full of bugs or quality issues under new mode.

For another thing, it is unfair to allow specialties for taiko, mania and ctb, while there's no such choice for std mapset - you know most std maps are mapped only for std modes! (Taikosu is among exceptions)

What's more, with the increasing number of beatmaps getting ranked, the lack of mode-special maps has gone into history. We have abundant maps with quality to play instead of bugging converted maps.

So why is there no such a choice for std-only? When opening editor setup, I could only see All, Taiko, Catch the Beat and osu!mania. Where's osu!std?

I'm glad to hear your ideas. :)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

NULL

osu! version: 20170103.2 (latest)
Lyawi
This looks more like a feature request than a help thread.
abraker
This should be a non issue when and if scores will be made to 1,000,000 max nomod.
Bara-
I personally disagree with this. For quite a lot of maps, at least one of the Autoconverts is pretty playable and fun
Most beginners for certain modes also seem to start with Autoconverts, since they are good at practicing clicking without being spammed by hard patterns
Caput Mortuum
Maybe auto converts are decent for ctb, but for mania, they are not. Who the hell enjoys loud hitsounds, random note amount, and audible ln ends in mania. (If you do, you are either noob, play for pp, or just masochistic)
For beginners that play autoconverts, they just didn't know that mode specific maps even exist.

I agree there should be an osu!standard only option.
A map made for standard is meant only for standard, another mode shouldn't be taken into account.

edit grammar
Redon
Remyria
using 64 bit integer would fix the problem...