so i played around with hr scorev2 on a 2002 note map (all circles, has big notes) and i lost points upon getting 100s and misses
is this intended behaviour
is this intended behaviour
Finisher second key hits now award between 3 and 10 times (linear scale) the amount of points of a normal hit as bonus points, dependent on the number of finishers in the beatmap. In this way a beatmap with less than or equal to 30 finishers will award 10 times the amount of points, and a beatmap with 120 or more finishers will award 3 times the amount of points.bolded the one thing that confuses me
I still have some problems with the current system, as they do not reflect how taiko is supposed to play. I'll list them below.Firstly, this is _not_ Taiko no Tatsujin. If you want to play TnT go play it, but our goal is not to remain loyal to the original game and copy it mechanic for mechanic.
- GOOD notes counting for 1/3 instead of 1/2 - it's far less punishing and a good middle ground to have it at 1/2, it's one of the reasons I prefer Taiko over STD, it puts way less pressure on perfection
- Some drum roll ticks being required and drum rolls counting towards combo - what, why? They were optional in the original game, and gimmick maps will suffer. This is just nonsensical no matter how I try to look at it
- Same as above but with spinners - this is also dumb. Why count extra points to the overall accuracy and combo? It takes away from the original game
All in all it feels like you are trying to make taiko play like the other modes, and it honestly isn't supposed to play like them.
Here is what I do like about the system though.
- Accuracy based score - OG Taiko scoring is nice, acc scoring sounds better. I'd like to see my score reflect how well I hit the notes rather than seeing a score tank because I break combo 3 times instead of too.
- New HDHR - Wow, it's actually readable, thank you
In all honesty if this is never going to be used outside of tournaments and anyone who wants to toggle it on then I'd say this state is passable as a final release. If this is never going to affect casual play then basically disregard this post.
Spinners are rhythmic?Pretty much this. I could care less with the underlying score that's changed. It's when you make force it to be a game it was never meant to be. Also I agree, how are spinners even rhythmic? It's just spamming the alternating k and d as fast as possible. Another question, why is someone who has not actively played osu!taiko in 2 years spearheading the score change, shouldn't it be an active player that actually understands the game?
Nah but the main problem I have with people arguing that osu!taiko isn't Taiko no Tatsujin say so for changes that makes osu!taiko less unique than other modes, generally. It seems more like trying to make osu!taiko unique by making it less unique and more similiar to other rhythm games, which is dumb and unecessary in my opinion.
My issue with ScoreV2 is that a lot of changes seem unecessary and honestly dumbed down to be more like other rhythm games.