forum

Sakakibara Yui - Tokitsukasadoru Juuni no Meiyaku (TV Size)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
GiNa

Weezy wrote:

No kudos is needed, should have said that :T
Okay ;o
winber1
lol i'm at my friends house.
Easy fix (turned it into a spinner lol >_>)

i'll probably get a new computer sooner or later

Download: Sakakibara Yui - Tokitsukasadoru Juuni no Meiyaku (TV Size) (gina91189) [Winber1's Insane].osu
Topic Starter
GiNa

winber1 wrote:

lol i'm at my friends house.
Easy fix (turned it into a spinner lol >_>)

i'll probably get a new computer sooner or later
Updated.
Good luck with your computer ;3 (?)
You could also buy the tablet with your new computer :D
HakuNoKaemi

Weezy wrote:

Haku's Normal
- As much as I like the multiple kiai time, its overusing it which is a no-no. I wanted to do the same for one of my maps but it was overusing it.
  • Do not overuse kiai time (general rule is one toggle per minute of playable length). Do not use kiai time just for fountains unless you are doing this extremely rarely. Kiai time is meant to accent chorus sections. You can toggle it off and on halfway through the chorus if that looks good, but using it constantly every 4-8 beats is just stupid.
01:15:916 (4) - Line this up.
~realllllllly like this diff! Best map you made imo Haku :)

other diffs are fine
nice set here :)
Yeah, that rules actually make no sense. Why? Just imagine a Pulse SB, it's more fastidious having a few fountains or taking an epilectic attack because of a Pulse SB? Even, Pulse SB should be unrankable if this rules was to be applied, only for the sake of consistency.

fixed the suggestion

Download: Sakakibara Yui - Tokitsukasadoru Juuni no Meiyaku (TV Size) (gina91189) [Haku's Normal].osu
Weez
Makes no sense really? Pretty straight forward, don't use kiai time just for the fountains. Kiai time and pulsing are two different notions, one is to put emphasis on the chorus (kiai time and its stated both in the new and old guidelines, yeah take a look at it.) The second is just for flashing at certain spots (which is pulsing and that's what the epilepsy warning is for.) Kiai time was designed to compliment a chorus selection, NOT just for fountain use. Think of it that way, don't compare two things that have different use.

I'm just trying to help this get ranked easily. Asked a BAT and this is their response:
Sir Minelli
Hello,

[General]

The name at the title is wrong. It should be Toki Tsukasadoru (with a space)

A better Preview Point: 00:44:527 - Make sure to apply it in all difficulties.

Normal has a higher tick rate when compared to Hard and Insane. Normal is a guest difficulty after all, so the mapper could have interpreted the music differently. Despite this, the mp3 is relaxing and slow, so you should consider lowering the tick rate value to be kept the same across all difficulties.

Normal has a higher slider velocity than hard. Consider increasing Hard's slider velocity, or decreasing normal's one.
Afterwards, make sure to recalculate slider lengths and to fix the spacing. This is not unrankable after all, but should be fixed unless there is a good reason not to.

Normal also has some kiai fountains that were placed after the kiai timing section, and that somehow fit the music / lyrics.
I'm pointing this in case you feel like adding them to the other difficulties as well.

[Easy]

All good.

[Normal]

Minor aesthetic fix: 01:22:305 (2) - Move this one grid up (Grid lvl 4) so that it matches the fading (3).

[Hard]

All good.

[Insane]

00:44:527 (1) - Sudden slider speed change.
Music warns the player that the chorus is coming, but there is no way to know about the slider speed change.
I would personally add a warning for this to avoid any rankable issues.
01:18:416 (1) - Undo new combo here, and then:
01:18:694 (4) - New combo here to fit the music and announce the slider speed change.
Topic Starter
GiNa

Sir Minelli wrote:

Hello,

[General]

The name at the title is wrong. It should be Toki Tsukasadoru (with a space) Fixed

A better Preview Point: 00:44:527 - Make sure to apply it in all difficulties. Fixed

Normal has a higher slider velocity than hard. Consider increasing Hard's slider velocity, or decreasing normal's one.
Afterwards, make sure to recalculate slider lengths and to fix the spacing. This is not unrankable after all, but should be fixed unless there is a good reason not to.

Normal also has some kiai fountains that were placed after the kiai timing section, and that somehow fit the music / lyrics.
I'm pointing this in case you feel like adding them to the other difficulties as well. Seems like that's not allowed, Weezy(a modder) asked a BAT about that already.

[Easy]

All good. Thank you!

[Hard]

All good. Thank you again ;D
HakuNoKaemi

Weezy wrote:

Makes no sense really? Pretty straight forward, don't use kiai time just for the fountains. Kiai time and pulsing are two different notions, one is to put emphasis on the chorus (kiai time and its stated both in the new and old guidelines, yeah take a look at it.) The second is just for flashing at certain spots (which is pulsing and that's what the epilepsy warning is for.) Kiai time was designed to compliment a chorus selection, NOT just for fountain use. Think of it that way, don't compare two things that have different use.

I'm just trying to help this get ranked easily. Asked a BAT and this is their response:
fountain are just for an emphasis on a single hit. i didn't consider overusing a kiai in some single places.
I consider "Overusing" really overusing the kiai, for example turning it on and off for many times in a fast sequnce3 ( which can just be done by using a SB, when there is no video ).
Those fountains just feel good and do happen rarely and not in a fast sequence
Adding:
Fountains can be used, but not be abused. As you said in the message is abusing, but a founbtain after some time is not abusing ( yous aid toggling the kiai multiple times for the fountains, not "using a fountain" )

Normal has a higher tick rate when compared to Hard and Insane. Normal is a guest difficulty after all, so the mapper could have interpreted the music differently. Despite this, the mp3 is relaxing and slow, so you should consider lowering the tick rate value to be kept the same across all difficulties.

I just follow the piano or the drums while choosing the tick rate and in this case i follow the piano keys. So there is no need to change plus tick rate 2 feels better in the song for me.
Plus i think the song tempo is "Andante".
I don't there is the need to change thd SV's in the various diff's, as there is noneed to have an high Svs in higher diffs.

fixed the aestethic

Download: Sakakibara Yui - Toki Tsukasadoru Juuni no Meiyaku (TV Size) (gina91189) [Haku's Normal].osu
Weez
I had the same style on my map, as you did only 3 times, and it was not allowed. Seriously your being stubborn here, its unrankable, Your using it just for the fountains which is clearly says not to do >_>
Even ask other BATs, most likely they'll give the same answer as jerico did.
Topic Starter
GiNa

Weezy wrote:

I had the same style on my map, as you did only 3 times, and it was not allowed. Seriously your being stubborn here, its unrankable, Your using it just for the fountains which is clearly says not to do >_>
Even ask other BATs, most likely they'll give the same answer as jerico did.
I'm correctly dying right now.
/me dies
I'll ask some of them for more opinions.
Solution is out, wait for Haku's decision ;3
HakuNoKaemi
i'm a stubborn mapper, i know.
Just leaving it as it is now, as it can't be called a "abused" use of kiai (and it actually isn't callable "abusing" ) as there are 4 fountains that have some disatnces and aren't confusive ( as fountains don't cover circles or sliders ).
Sir Minelli

HakuNoKaemi wrote:

i'm a stubborn mapper, i know.
Just leaving it as it is now, as it can't be called a "abused" use of kiai (and it actually isn't callable "abusing" ) as there are 4 fountains that have some disatnces and aren't confusive ( as fountains don't cover circles or sliders ).
Hello again,

What HakuNoKaemi said is totally correcty.

For a more in-depht information about the correct use of the kiai timing, you can read this

Those kiai fountains do not distract and were placed correctly. Even though they might not look that awesome aesthetically speaking, they do fit the music and are not considered an abuse. This is why I did suggest to apply them to the other difficulties if desired.

The abuse and misuse of the kiai timing is unrankable. In this particular case, it's certainly not.

Good luck.
Komeiji Yuki
If SB is rankable but overusing kiai fountains is unrankable

Why not make Diff. specific SB ...

Anyway , star

咩咩~
Topic Starter
GiNa

Sir Minelli wrote:

Hello again,

What HakuNoKaemi said is totally correcty.

For a more in-depht information about the correct use of the kiai timing, you can read this

Those kiai fountains do not distract and were placed correctly. Even though they might not look that awesome aesthetically speaking, they do fit the music and are not considered an abuse. This is why I did suggest to apply them to the other difficulties if desired.

The abuse and misuse of the kiai timing is unrankable. In this particular case, it's certainly not.

Good luck.
Somehow I feel like this is going to nowhere.
People got different opinions, then there came different solutions.
Well ... since that's not my diff, I won't say that much.
All the decisions are made by Haku himself (herself?), not us.

Komeiji Yuki wrote:

If SB is rankable but overusing kiai fountains is unrankable

Why not make Diff. specific SB ...

Anyway , star

咩咩~
Nice suggestion ;D
Thanks, Yuki ;3
theowest
General:

Combo burst 500x768!!

Easy:

The soft hitclap SUCKS. No need for it. Doesn't sound any better. ;_;
1/1 spam.. ;__;
Please seperate beats and place it more fun to a nicer rhythm Place some at 1/2 notes, etc. Like this for example: It will be much more fun and not just boring 1/1's all the time. If ya know wat I mean.

00:13:972 (1) - it's better if this is a whistle instead of a finish
00:44:527 (1) - separate this slider into one slider which starts at 00:45:083 (1) - and thefore the other beats must be placed differently too.
01:02:861 why did the kai time end? The song is still the same? CONTINUE!!! ;_;

couldn't find much else. good :D

Hard:

THIS looks much better!

here too but that's just my opinion.
etc
00:20:639 - SLIDER not SPINNER!!!!!!!!! *rage*
00:26:472 remove finish.
00:26:750 whistle, not finish
00:27:305 here's where the finish should be.
00:38:416 slider, not spinner
00:43:416 finish.. Also.. WHY DO YOU MUTE THEM?!?!?!??! ;________________________________________; you shouldn't have such custom hitsounds dude.
01:16:472 dont think there should be a spinner here

oh, and for all the other diffs. 01:02:861 KAI TIME CONTINUES!!, hard too.

Just modding yours cuz I haven't got much time. Sorry. Good luck getting this ranked! \:D/
HakuNoKaemi
Combo burst 500x768!!
Template is 388X767, limit in width is 500. I do not see problems here...

Listen to the song .-.
Soft - hitclap is the Reverbered like Clap in the start
Soft - hitfinish is the tom in the start
Soft - hitclap2 is the snare in the song.

So listen better while modding hitsounds
theowest

HakuNoKaemi wrote:

Combo burst 500x768!!
Template is 388X767, limit in width is 500. I do not see problems here...

Listen to the song .-.
Soft - hitclap is the Reverbered like Clap in the start
Soft - hitfinish is the tom in the start
Soft - hitclap2 is the snare in the song.

So listen better while modding hitsounds
ok, but can I get a kudosu for my other helpful stuff? ;_;
Topic Starter
GiNa

theowest wrote:

ok, but can I get a kudosu for my other helpful stuff? ;_;
Oops, I haven't started to correct it, but sure :)
Topic Starter
GiNa
theowest's Mod

theowest wrote:

Easy:

The soft hitclap SUCKS. No need for it. Doesn't sound any better. ;_; I think they are fine ;O
1/1 spam.. ;__;
Please seperate beats and place it more fun to a nicer rhythm Place some at 1/2 notes, etc. Like this for example: It will be much more fun and not just boring 1/1's all the time. If ya know wat I mean.  No changed, since it's an Easy, so I won't mod on the red tick for now.

00:13:972 (1) - it's better if this is a whistle instead of a finish Fixed
00:44:527 (1) - separate this slider into one slider which starts at 00:45:083 (1) - and thefore the other beats must be placed differently too.  Don't quiet get this, so no changed.
01:02:861 why did the kai time end? The song is still the same? CONTINUE!!! ;_;

couldn't find much else. good :D

Hard:

THIS looks much better!  Fixed
here too but that's just my opinion.  Fixed
etc
00:20:639 - SLIDER not SPINNER!!!!!!!!! *rage* No
00:26:472 remove finish. Fixed
00:26:750 whistle, not finish Fixed
00:27:305 here's where the finish should be.  Fixed
00:38:416 slider, not spinner No
00:43:416 finish.. Also.. WHY DO YOU MUTE THEM?!?!?!??! ;______________; you shouldn't have such custom hitsounds dude. I think they are fine there.
01:16:472 dont think there should be a spinner here No

oh, and for all the other diffs. 01:02:861 KAI TIME CONTINUES!!, hard too. People complained that the kiai was too long, we just changed it shorter like few days ago.

Just modding yours cuz I haven't got much time. Sorry. Good luck getting this ranked! \:D/ Thanks
Numbers 596108
Mod Request from gina91189(Mod Request From 596108's Mod Queue)

Before mod please read the meaning represented by the color

Color Help

Red -> Recommended
Orange -> Must to Fixed
Green -> Currect
Blue -> Don't fixed it...
Purple -> If you fixed the one,please fixed the pattern

Taiko

Timing :

00:00:639 108.00 BPM - N - -> OK
00:45:083 1.0x - K - -> OK

01:02:861 1.0x - N - -> Remove
01:18:416 1.0x - N - -> OK
01:20:916 1.0x - N - -> Remove
01:25:083 1.0x - N - -> Remove

Notes :

00:10:500 (35) -
00:19:527 (77) -
00:50:500 (67) -
00:50:916 (70) -

Others :

Song Difficulty -
HP Drain Rate - 5 -> 6~8
Circle Size - 5 -> Max
Approach Rate - 5 -> Max
Overall Difficulty - 5 -> 3~4
littlecar3370
winber1
SPOILER

Sir Minelli wrote:

[Insane]

00:44:527 (1) - Sudden slider speed change. although i don't think it's sudden, i decided to slowly increase the SV, but i'm not sure if that truly changes much.
Music warns the player that the chorus is coming, but there is no way to know about the slider speed change. i would say there is ample enough information to tell that there will be an SV change. if I were playing, i would probably take into account the epic spacing change there and realize something will probably happen with the SV, but i can't really test that theory since i know the song lol >_>
I would personally add a warning for this to avoid any rankable issues.
01:18:416 (1) - Undo new combo here, and then:
01:18:694 (4) - New combo here to fit the music and announce the slider speed change. I do not want to remove the combo as you previous just suggested, but i did add the new combo here. either way, i really don't expect someone to know that this is a slider speed change because of the new combo...
sorry it took a while

Download: Sakakibara Yui - Toki Tsukasadoru Juuni no Meiyaku (TV Size) (gina91189) [Winber1's Insane].osu
Mithos
From my modding queue.

I wish I could say something that could be improved here, but this map is great. I have no problems with the maps, and I think it should be ranked already. I am giving you the star this map deserves.
Topic Starter
GiNa

Mithost wrote:

From my modding queue.

I wish I could say something that could be improved here, but this map is great. I have no problems with the maps, and I think it should be ranked already. I am giving you the star this map deserves.
Thanks ;D
Nymph
Hi Nymph here~ and request got from: Kanon's Mod Queue~

General:
BG1 seems to be a bit odd for me, for the proportion seems a bit strange, so maybe fix it a little ? Just need to increase the height imo.

Easy:
00:57:305 (5) - I don't really like nazi but this spacing is really a little ugly :P
others fine~

Haku's Normal:
All fine~

Hard:
I suggest more soft-whistles on this diff, seems the hitsounds now is a little too simple.
00:42:861 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Because seeing you changed to normal hitsound at here:00:42:861 (6), Then I suggest all of these using normal hitsound, and cancel the clap hitsounds. And consider add a volumn increasing here seems to be very nice.
00:43:833 (3) - add note here
01:16:194 (8) - finish instead of whistle?

Winber1's Insane:
fine~

Good luck~
AnikiG4
:3
Topic Starter
GiNa

Nymph_ wrote:

Hi Nymph here~ and request got from: Kanon's Mod Queue~

General:
BG1 seems to be a bit odd for me, for the proportion seems a bit strange, so maybe fix it a little ? Just need to increase the height imo. I took the original one and cut off most of the background XD

Easy:
00:57:305 (5) - I don't really like nazi but this spacing is really a little ugly :P  Moved a little, but still the pattern.
others fine~

Hard:
I suggest more soft-whistles on this diff, seems the hitsounds now is a little too simple. Yes, it's simple, but I'll stay the same for now.
00:42:861 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Because seeing you changed to normal hitsound at here:00:42:861 (6), Then I suggest all of these using normal hitsound, and cancel the clap hitsounds. And consider add a volumn increasing here seems to be very nice. That's not really what I want, but still thanks for the suggestion, instead of that, I increased the volumes only.
00:43:833 (3) - add note here Fixed
01:16:194 (8) - finish instead of whistle? Fixed

Good luck~

RinNa wrote:

:3
Thanks for the star, 會長sama !
grvyd
Star~
Leorda
Hello

General

* I'm not sure if Outro video is safe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Easy
00:31:194 (5) - Make sure the sliderbody is visible for easy diff, this will be easier to see for beginner player if you change this
00:40:083 (4) - ^
01:15:083 (3) - ^

Haku's Normal
* Are you overusing the kiai ._.? Seriously
* I think this Slider Velocity is high than Hard diff

00:51:194 (4) - Remove finish
00:57:583 (1) - Remove clap
00:59:250 (4) - Not stack perfectly with tail slider
01:18:694 (1) - Too near from spinner, it's inappropriate for normal diff (?) (look the timeline)

Hard

* AR -1?

00:33:694 (6,1) - No anti-jump please
00:40:083 (1) - I think this slider is pretty silly

Winber1's Insane
01:02:027 (6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14) - Not sure if 1/8 streams are unrankable

cya
Rukario
General:
- BG1 has wrong aspect ratio. it should be 1024x768. At the moment it is at 1024x759.
- Why do you really need two different BGs? Got a good explanation?

Haku's Normal:
This diff still has all the kiai fountains, and the other diffs don't. Please remove them.

Hard:
Use tick rate 2 like Normal did?
00:33:694 (6,1) - Please get rid of that anti-jump. Plays and looks fairly bad.

Winber1's Insane:
Tick Rate 2, Please.

Easy was rather boring, in terms of rhythm but the other were pretty cool. Especially Insane. Gonna recheck this
Topic Starter
GiNa

flatps wrote:

Star~
Thanks for your star !

Leorda wrote:

Hello

General

* I'm not sure if Outro video is safe It's prefectly safe.

Easy
00:31:194 (5) - Make sure the sliderbody is visible for easy diff, this will be easier to see for beginner player if you change this Fixed
00:40:083 (4) - ^ I'll keep this for now
01:15:083 (3) - ^ ^

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hard
* AR -1? No, but thanks for your suggestion.

00:33:694 (6,1) - No anti-jump please Fixed
00:40:083 (1) - I think this slider is pretty silly Changed it to 2 circles.

cya Bye ;D

Rukarioman wrote:

General:
- BG1 has wrong aspect ratio. it should be 1024x768. At the moment it is at 1024x759. I just deleted BG1.
- Why do you really need two different BGs? Got a good explanation?

Hard:
Use tick rate 2 like Normal did? Fixed
00:33:694 (6,1) - Please get rid of that anti-jump. Plays and looks fairly bad. Fixed

Easy was rather boring, in terms of rhythm but the other were pretty cool. Especially Insane. Gonna recheck this I know my Easy is boring ;__; thanks for your mod.
winber1

Leorda wrote:

Winber1's Insane
01:02:027 (6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14) - Not sure if 1/8 streams are unrankable
if this were to be true, i could easily have just doubled the bpm or something. 1/8 streams are completely rankable if they make sense and are playable (at least imo). this stream is only at what most people call bpm 216 anyways , which is very easily playable for many people.

and @Rukarioman: tick rate is two now (though it doesn't really sound much different, and it doesn't help people read the SV change either lol, at least imo)

Download: Sakakibara Yui - Toki Tsukasadoru Juuni no Meiyaku (TV Size) (gina91189) [Winber1's Insane].osu
HakuNoKaemi
Haku's Normal
* Are you overusing the kiai ._.? Seriously It's not called overusing, seriously. It's called overusing when you use fountains in a contnued pulse-like manner.
* I think this Slider Velocity is high than Hard diff It's nothing, it's more about how you mapped than what setting you used that decide the difficulty.

00:51:194 (4) - Remove finish
00:57:583 (1) - Remove clap
00:59:250 (4) - Not stack perfectly with tail slider it's 0.02 O.O and it's considered unecessary nazi, since it don'tchange much because of auto-stacking
01:18:694 (1) - Too near from spinner, it's inappropriate for normal diff (?) (look the timeline) Following music make it easier
Haku's Normal:
This diff still has all the kiai fountains, and the other diffs don't. Please remove them. It's not called overusing, seriously. It's called overusing when you use fountains in a contnued pulse-like manner. i used 4 fountains that are godly placed, plus them don't prevent the player from seeing the notes. Plus it's a Guideline and not even a rule, that I broke for a good reason: making the map better. So i won't remove it.
The song it's an Andantino on the 1st part, from the Kiai start the Tempo become more mosso, and become a Moderato espressivo
Sir Minelli
Stop asking HakuNoKaem to remove the kiai fountains already.

He wont be doing so, and the fountains are not unrankable whatsoever.

I would though add them to the other difficulties to keep the same kiai timing style (which I think fits properly and doesn't look bad)
But if the mapper doesn't feel like it, HakuNoKaem doesnt' really need to remove his.
winber1
In all honesty, I don't think those fountains fit as well as they could. The music just isn't epic enough in those few places in comparison to the rest of the section at least in my opinion. However, they are logically placed and are consistent to a specific pattern in the music, so I have no problem with them being there. I myself wouldn't really want to add it in, but I don't think it's a problem having different kiai times if it is the mappers decision to do so.

although i do not consider it overusing kiai times, i also do not consider them the best use of fountains. That's basically my view.

Well, i guess the final decision goes to gina. If she wants to add the kiai fountains in her difficulties, I will gladly follow. If not, well, i'll just leave it as is then lol.
Topic Starter
GiNa

winber1 wrote:

In all honesty, I don't think those fountains fit as well as they could. The music just isn't epic enough in those few places in comparison to the rest of the section at least in my opinion. However, they are logically placed and are consistent to a specific pattern in the music, so I have no problem with them being there. I myself wouldn't really want to add it in, but I don't think it's a problem having different kiai times if it is the mappers decision to do so.

although i do not consider it overusing kiai times, i also do not consider them the best use of fountains. That's basically my view.

Well, i guess the final decision goes to gina. If she wants to add the kiai fountains in her difficulties, I will gladly follow. If not, well, i'll just leave it as is then lol.
Yea, those fountains didn't fit in the music perfectly, but they do work though.
I won't ask or tell Haku to change them since people have their own style.
So what I am trying to say is ... "Personally, I do like those fountains, however, I don't really want to add them in my difficulties because somehow, they do hurt my eyes badly, but they won't break any gameflow for sure".
I guess we should keep what we have right now or even just go back to the original kiai we had before.
winber1

gina91189 wrote:

or even just go back to the original kiai we had before
omg yes :3

i don't find anything wrong with long kiai times ._.
Topic Starter
GiNa

winber1 wrote:

gina91189 wrote:

or even just go back to the original kiai we had before
omg yes :3

i don't find anything wrong with long kiai times ._.
You are so excited
By the way, that's what I thought too, long kiai is fine to me.

EDIT:
And yes, I guess we could just go back to the original one.

Rukario
Looks alright now. The kiai makes sense and it's okay because the different kiai is on a guest mapper diff.
Bubbled.

EDIT: someone made me notice that the custom hitclaps have too much silence in the beginning, which makes them lag the offsets and let it feel wrong.
jericho2442
fixed hitsounds
http://puu.sh/3RHe
http://puu.sh/3RHh

just replace them
show more