forum

[Archived] some songs have no audio.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
WurbleFlurble
Certain song in my library have no audio playing from them. when I go to the song folders and try to play the .mp3s, they play but still have no audio (windows visualizer acts as if there is audio, but its as if they're muted) I only have this problem with a few select songs, which i'll list at the end of this. I've tried switching Osu! versions, deleting and redownloading the maps, etc, with none of them fixing the issue.

Songs with issue:
U.N. Owen Was Her? [Mapped by Reikin] (.mp3 has no audio in it, hitsounds work fine though)
U.N. Owen wa Kanojo nanoka?(Nico Mega Mix) [Mapped by DJPop] (same issue as stated above)
Nice Boat. [Mapped by neo@lex] (Same issue)
Cirno de Gozaimasu! [Mapped by Mafiamaster] (again, same issue as others)
Marble Soda [Mapped by Exa] (Song audio is actually working fine, but the beatmap hitsounds for the difficulties that have their own hitsounds are muted, skin default hitsounds work fine)

osu! version: b20170103.2
Lyawi
I don't know if that will work for this issue too, but you maybe should try to press F5 in song select. Let them load and tell us then if you can listen to the music of these maps.
Topic Starter
WurbleFlurble

Lyawi wrote:

I don't know if that will work for this issue too, but you maybe should try to press F5 in song select. Let them load and tell us then if you can listen to the music of these maps.
I have tried that as well, sadly didn't fix anything.
Headpats
Have you tried deleting them and reinstalling? Another reason would be the song is copyrighted.
Topic Starter
WurbleFlurble

Headpats wrote:

Have you tried deleting them and reinstalling? Another reason would be the song is copyrighted.
Yes I have tried that, didnt make any difference. also that shouldn't be the case since I have a friend who has these songs as well and they work fine for him
Dntm8kmeeatu

WurbleFlurble wrote:

Headpats wrote:

Yes I have tried that, didnt make any difference. also that shouldn't be the case since I have a friend who has these songs as well and they work fine for him
If the MP3's don't play correctly, I can only think that they are corrupted in some form. or your computer can't play them for some reason.
Deleting them and redownloading should fix that though.
Offdensen
Either copyrighted or there was an error while the beatmap was downloading.
Happens all the time.
Topic Starter
WurbleFlurble
Sorry for not responding sooner, I've been busy with college classes. I have figured out the general cause of my problem. For some reason, if i have my headset plugged into my PCs rear audio jack, the audio for the songs listed (and just those songs) will not play through my headset. If I plug the headset into my PCs front audio and mic jacks, everything works fine. Only found this out by accident when I plugged my ear buds into the front jack and I could suddenly hear the song playing through them. Anyone have any ideas as to why this is?

TL;DR verson: rear audio jack wont play Nico Nico Douga songs but fron jack will.
Kao
Maybe has to do with channels/surround music?
Seems really weird a few songs won't work on the rear audio port but at the front would.

I can only think of channels but that's not how they work really in this case.
Could you try to link the map?
Or if you can, upload the MP3s that's doing this behavior
Reckless
I'd like to point out that there beat maps that are based on the sound effects. If you have them turned off there wont be any sound at all.
Remyria
The gummy bear song too has no audio...though, when I think a bit about it, it's not really a bad thing x_x