forum

wtf is this

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EiW
someone just tell me wtf happened here
As you can clearly see, my second play has better acc and same combo, and no there isnt any spinners on this map.
I lose pp for this and im clearly very annoyed. plz tell me wtf happened
Here is map link : https://osu.ppy.sh/b/850263&m=0
N0thingSpecial
It's called you're bad xd
Topic Starter
EiW

N0thingSpecial wrote:

so because im bad it makes me get less pp even tho i have better scores, I'll remember that.
But its true im bad
Lanturn
As your combo builds up, each hit is worth more points. The basic idea in this is that you had more of your 100s/50s near the end of the map, while your higher score had them at the beginning.

You can find more info here: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Score#Scoring_Formulae
Topic Starter
EiW

Lanturn wrote:

As your combo builds up, each hit is worth more points. The basic idea in this is that you had more of your 100s/50s near the end of the map, while your higher score had them at the beginning.

You can find more info here: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Score#Scoring_Formulae
Ah ok, ty for explaining it. However i still think i should get pp from my better play :c
I Give Up

N0thingSpecial wrote:

That is not very nice thing to say.

Osu! has a rubbish multiplier based scoring system that's absolute bollocks. Meaning hitting hundreds at a high combo will have a far greater impact than hitting hundreds at low combo. Players just have to be more vigilant and pay attention to their accuracy more while playing.... really stupid.
scrain8
What pp you get is based on the highest score you get on a beatmap when you are you using the same mod. So a 1000000 score fc 96% no mod vs a 975000 score fc 99% no mod, you will get the pp from the 96% play. Based on the picture the 98.63% play got submitted first while the 99.22% play got submitted second. So in reality you didn't lose pp, just missed an opportunity to get more pp because your score was worse.
rekhichem
that's really strange o.O I though that pp>score now, so why this kind of thing is still happening then
KupcaH

rekhichem wrote:

that's really strange o.O I though that pp>score now, so why this kind of thing is still happening then
Only on different mods.
So if he get 400 combo on this map with HDHRDT, and don't beat his HDDT score, he's still going to get pp from HDHRDT.
scrain8

rekhichem wrote:

Btw don't use pp>score as that is misleading. Peppy has never refered it to pp>score. (pp is greater than score would not make any damn sense to begin with)
It is a form of pp loss prevention but not the kind everyone wanted.

12 Jan 2017 - [peppy] Allow multiple scores per map for all ranked maps (previously only loved).
Topic Starter
EiW

scrain8 wrote:

What pp you get is based on the highest score you get on a beatmap when you are you using the same mod. So a 1000000 score fc 96% no mod vs a 975000 score fc 99% no mod, you will get the pp from the 96% play. Based on the picture the 98.63% play got submitted first while the 99.22% play got submitted second. So in reality you didn't lose pp, just missed an opportunity to get more pp because your score was worse.
Well the thing is i had another 99.22% play before that play aswell. When i got the 98.63 one I was happy because i thought i saw 94% before i started the map but then i suddenly lost 10pp of my total and it pissed me off.
scrain8
You should include that in the picture so we can assist you better lol. Regardless you used the same mod so your "best" score is what pp you'll be getting.
Edgar_Figaro
yeah I personally don't like the fact that prior to playing a map I always keep note of what ACC, Combo, # of misses I had so that I can quit out at the last moment if I would lose PP but beat my score. Of course this doesn't work in the equally frustrating way of the time where the better PP but worse score comes 2nd
scrain8
Well if you go in with the intention of FCing anyways all you have to worry about is the acc. Still applies if you want to quit at the end.
Topic Starter
EiW
Well its no problem now anyways

E m i
nob acc