Total Posts
show more
DeathxShinigami
Screw this, Day 1 is ending soon.

Without a further adeiu...

Vote: animask
Ph0X

NoHItter wrote:

Although DxS and animask has been kind of suspicious as I've said before. A particular comment for Mashley has been pinging me more.

Mashley wrote:

Siggggghhh I really want to vote animask... not sure if that's because he's genuinely suspicious or just really annoying.
What Mashley said IMO, seems like a preemptive notion to jump on a possible animask bandwagon later. I find this suspicious as townies shouldn't even think of focusing their mind on a single target. Not to mention my gut has jumped on this too.
I can see how you can come to that conclusion, NoHItter. However, I think Mashley's indecision was due to getting mixed messages about animask, not his unwillingness to vote (or a plan to bandwagon later and use that post as reasoning, as you suggest). Not to say you're wrong, of course; I just interpreted Mashley's post differently when I first read it.

DxS, thoughts on this?

animask wrote:

I have been suspicious of DxS and Ph0x since they both posted their ideas of my motives.

So its possible that I will be voting for one of the two.
Can you explain what "posted their ideas of my motives" means? I'm having a hard time understanding that English.

animask wrote:

Also, I just realized that posting anything for information gets people suspicious here.
Then again, I don't think lurking is very fun. What to do?
You play. You may look suspicious for having asked for a claim or two right off the bat. However, that shouldn't stop you from playing the game and doing your best to fulfill your role's duties. TL;DR move on.

DeathxShinigami wrote:

While you run in circles since you wanted to bring in roleclaiming in day 1 you still have yet to evade your own suspicions as well.
I can't understand this statement at all. Can you rephrase it?

animask wrote:

Vote: Mashley

Siding with the townies too easily.

You must be mafia.
(Formatting removed from quote.)

Who exactly are the townies? How do you know he's not a townie being influenced by the mafia? How does "siding with the townies" turn into "must be mafia"?

animask wrote:

I'm prepared for a bandwagon vote on myself.

If so, I'm roleclaiming.
Think for a minute. What would that accomplish? (Trying to help you out here, as you're clearly a newbie player.)

bmin11 wrote:

I'm still holding my HoS (Hand of Suspicionon) on animask, because claiming to be a cop/doc would make...

animask wrote:

First, are there any Cops or Doctors here?
this comment look more then nonesense.
Review animask's (mostly complete) list of scenarios.

iMuffin, you did not yet respond to my question directed at you earlier. You stated a FoS, but do you have anything else to add (especially given his most recent posts)?

DeathxShinigami wrote:

Wow animask really? Role claiming to save yourself yet you ask everyone to claim cop or doctor at the start of the game?
It seems to me you're just looking for an easy and popular vote/bandwagon.

Also, I just realized days are but three days. Seems quite short; I can imagine that being really painful later on. Mod, can you extend Day 1 24 hours? Otherwise, I think players will be very pressured to vote, which IMO will turn out badly at this point. If not, that's completely fine and acceptable.
bmin11
I also agree with Ph0X with day extention. We need more people to share their thoughts before we vote :<
DeathxShinigami
I rushed cause Day 1 was going to end during my morning when I probably won't be up in time to check everything and make my vote then.

@Ph0x if we get an extension I'll elaborate more.

@Lady Would like an extension as well.
Ph0X

DeathxShinigami wrote:

Why not now? If we kill you tonight I won't be able to get one.
DeathxShinigami

Ph0X wrote:

DeathxShinigami wrote:

Jeez...not giving me any wiggle room eh? ;p

Well, what I mean about animask is his generic behavior, he went on before he voted for mashley that'll he roleclaim his role if it comes down to him being lynched. Doesn't that just seem fishy?

Also, Mashley just responded the questions the way he responded them and animask is using that to tie into why he's voting for mashley. Just seems evasive to me but who knows.
Ph0X

DeathxShinigami wrote:

Well, what I mean about animask is his generic behavior, he went on before he voted for mashley that'll he roleclaim his role if it comes down to him being lynched. Doesn't that just seem fishy?
Yes; I already commented on that. It seems to support more animask being a newb townie not knowing how to play than he being a wreckless mafia member.

DeathxShinigami wrote:

Also, Mashley just responded the questions the way he responded them and animask is using that to tie into why he's voting for mashley. Just seems evasive to me but who knows.
I'm really having a hard time understand what you write, DxS... What you just said was pretty tautological.
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
Day 1 has been extended |48| hours, and the rules for day lengths has been appended.

Due to the change in length of days, all votes have been reset.

This won't happen again, mainly because I'm only doing this so I can change my day length rules for future games right now.
DeathxShinigami
I can sleep in peace!

@Ph0x In the morning I swear, it's just my sloppy typing style.
Ph0X

LadySuburu wrote:

Day 1 has been extended |48| hours, and the rules for day lengths has been appended.

Due to the change in length of days, all votes have been reset.

This won't happen again, mainly because I'm only doing this so I can change my day length rules for future games right now.
Cool; thanks!
NoHitter
Mod: Can you please prod, iMuffin, Quaraezha, and rust?

animask wrote:

Also, I just realized that posting anything for information gets people suspicious here.
Then again, I don't think lurking is very fun. What to do?
Posting information does not make people suspicious of you. In fact, if you contribute lots of information, voice your opinions, etc. chances are, majority of people will see you as pro-town.

Town want as much information as possible to lead into a lynch as lynching is the town's only weapon for killing scum in a newbie game like this, and you want to be as sure as possible that the one you are lynching is scum. That's why information is good, and why town should share info.

Of course, there's a difference between information that would help the town and information that would worsen the town's standing (e.g. Public knowledge of who power roles are at the start of the game).

animask wrote:

If so, I'm roleclaiming.
@ bmin11:
That was what animask said. What gave you the idea that he was claiming power role?

Ph0x wrote:

I would suggest refraining from making "joke" comments like this. It only confuses town.
(It looks like as if you are mafia and will kill DxS >.>)
Quaraezha
Sorry.

I don't think
animask is Mafia because it is true that he's new to this game.
He may be acting strange, maybe because that's how he thought he could contribute to the community
or that's how he usually is.
Although it is possible that animask is also a power role and finds it difficult to blend in.
(He can still be Mafia though)

Not too sure who to vote yet but I think
bmin11 and Mashley are mafias
bmin11 because of the posts regarding roleclaims and whatever.
Mashley because his way of posting somehow ressembles from the previous game and he was Mafia.

Also a little hunch on
DxS and HItter.
I also think
Ph0x is townie.

That's all I can say for now, sorry for being less accurate and specific with my reasonings.
DeathxShinigami
My current conclusions with less than 48 hours to go

While I still find animask suspicious with his threat of roleclaiming if he gets closed to being lynched it seems more of a tactical move rather than saving himself and that's why I think he is either town or has an aux role.

I still think everyone is also suspicious on Mashley mostly due to his latest responses and that he'd "kill people" But otherwise I don't have much on him yet.

Gotta admit bmin's getting better at the game and he seems more town due to the nature of his posts. Just saying.

Then there's myself somewhat trapped into giving out detailed yet hard to understand responses (Blame my typing) But I just really want to make Day 1 a bit more smoother than in previous games.

NoHItter with a questionnaire? A tiny bit suspicious but maybe he's pro-town.

Quaraezha's opinion is still a little shaky for me to follow since it's kind of the opposite of everyone else's opinion thus far but maybe he knows something that I don't.

Ph0x is still Ph0x I only have doubts if you really are strager or not ;P

That's all for now.
rust45

DeathxShinigami wrote:

I still think everyone is also suspicious on Mashley mostly due to his latest responses and that he'd "kill people" But otherwise I don't have much on him yet.
That's not a good reason to be suspicious of him, he was simply stating what kind of role he liked, I would not cast judgement on the others based on their answers to the questions.

I would give my opinion on all the players but I need to head to school though, but I'll be out early so I'll do it then.
NoHitter
Saying that you prefer a certain role over another is pointless in a game where everything is randomized.
You can't influence what role you get (unlike in PyP. In that case, saying you like a role that kills is like admitting you tried to send in a role who you think could kill)
Mashley

Quaraezha wrote:

Mashley because his way of posting somehow ressembles from the previous game and he was Mafia.
That's weak, I always post like that.
Anyway animask's been pretty quiet since I voted for him. Seems to me he's trying to wait for suspicion to die down or something. Since we've got another 2 days now I'm going to see what he has to say before I vote again.
DeathxShinigami

rust45 wrote:

DeathxShinigami wrote:

That's not a good reason to be suspicious of him, he was simply stating what kind of role he liked, I would not cast judgement on the others based on their answers to the questions.

Good point rust. I like said I have no immediate thoughts on Mashley though (lol hi Mashley ^) Mostly have my FoS on animask though since he's being evasive with his posts but eh.
bmin11

NoHitter wrote:

animask wrote:

If so, I'm roleclaiming.
@ bmin11:
That was what animask said. What gave you the idea that he was claiming power role?
From arguing to be innocent would be the same as claiming to be townie or their side. If he is being bandwagonned, he would need a stronger position to argue back. But from thinking back, after reading what you guys said, I realized it was only my assumption. Good thing I questioned you guys before making an hasty vote.

And again, he could be a bad townie who just made several bad comments. I'll loosen the tight on him for now since we got our 48 hours extention.

I would want to hear iMuffin's opinion as well. When is he coming back :<?
Ph0X

NoHItter wrote:

Mod: Can you please prod, iMuffin, Quaraezha, and rust?
I think only iMuffin isn't participating in this game (as I have asked for his opinion several times to no avail). The other players are doing fine. Also, you're not supposed to prod unless they have not posted within the past 48 hours.

NoHItter wrote:

Ph0x wrote:

I would suggest refraining from making "joke" comments like this. It only confuses town.
(It looks like as if you are mafia and will kill DxS >.>)
=D?

Quaraezha wrote:

I don't think animask is Mafia because it is true that he's new to this game.
He may be acting strange, maybe because that's how he thought he could contribute to the community
or that's how he usually is.
animask is just strange.

Quaraezha wrote:

Although it is possible that animask is also a power role and finds it difficult to blend in.
(He can still be Mafia though)
I don't think that's the case. "HEY GUISE NE2 HAS SUPER POWAHZ?" doesn't look at all like an attempt to blend in. I have already concluded that animask was a newbie vanilla townie desperately trying to assist the town.

Quaraezha wrote:

bmin11 because of the posts regarding roleclaims and whatever.
Assuming you are referring to this post by bmin11: I can see where you're coming from, but at the same time, I think it's a reasonable assumption that a player who would roleclaim to save themselves from a lynch would roleclaim a pro-town power role. Besides, bmin11 clearly said "if this then that"; he didn't say "this, thus that". I don't think that's grounds for suspicion.

Quaraezha wrote:

As Mashley already stated, this is a terrible argument. Have you seen a game in which he was town?

Quaraezha wrote:

I also think Ph0x is townie.
I am flattered. ;P But stay open-minded.

DeathxShinigami wrote:

While I still find animask suspicious with his threat of roleclaiming if he gets closed to being lynched it seems more of a tactical move rather than saving himself and that's why I think he is either town or has an aux role.
I see a bit of WIFOM in this (on animask's part), but whatever. Think what you want. =]

DeathxShinigami wrote:

Putting words into people's mouths, eh?

DeathxShinigami wrote:

Gotta admit bmin's getting better at the game and he seems more town due to the nature of his posts. Just saying.
Now I'm more convinced you and bmin11 are Mafia. (Buddying, if you don't see it.)

DeathxShinigami wrote:

NoHItter with a questionnaire? A tiny bit suspicious but maybe he's pro-town.
About that: I think it was pretty much worthless, except that it forced some players to post. I guess it helped in engagement, which is important.

DeathxShinigami wrote:

Quaraezha's opinion is still a little shaky for me to follow since it's kind of the opposite of everyone else's opinion thus far but maybe he knows something that I don't.
From what I saw, they're mostly aligned with my opinions. And of course he knows something you don't: his own role. ;P

Mashley wrote:

Anyway animask's been pretty quiet since I voted for him. Seems to me he's trying to wait for suspicion to die down or something.
Uh... Last post was only 20 hours ago.

I have to go to work soon. I will post my opinions of each player as soon as I can.
rust45
Opinion Time!

Mashley
Nothing out of the ordinary to me, hasn't really defended himself, but he seems fine to me.

DxS
His wording is often confusing, and his early attack at bmin just seemed odd and unjustified.

imuffin
Who? He needs to be more active and respond to questions other than the questionnaire.

bmin11
Seems fine in my book, has been talking rather smartly and doesn't seem suspicious, he handled DxS odd attack on him just fine.

rust45
Oh hi.

animask
Has consistently said things that just plain sound odd and I still don't like the whole rolefishing thing.

NoHItter
The questionnaire was odd but doesn't raise suspicion. I don't understand why he asked for prods of Quarazha and I though.

Quaraezha
Seems to be playing just as he was last game, he was mafia then, but I haven't played many games with him so I can't think of anything wrong.

Ph0x
Is he strager or not? Not like it matters, seems to be the best player here.
iMuffin
okay sorry guys I got home a little bit ago and just finished reading everything I promise I'll give more elaboration later but right now i feel absolutely due to irl reasons so i'll get back to you guys on this.
NoHitter
Re: Prodding

LadySuburu wrote:

17. If a player has not posted in 24 hours, I will prod them if requested to do so. That is, it's up to you to ask me to prod a certain player.
I have to leave soon. Will post opinions later.
DeathxShinigami
If possible could we get an exact time on when Day 1 actually ends?

@host: When you mean sunday what timezone and actual time do you mean Day 1 will end?

Sorry if I missed it earlier

unexpected RL plans got in the way so won't be able to post as much as i'd like to for tomorrow.
Topic Starter
LadySuburu

DeathxShinigami wrote:

If possible could we get an exact time on when Day 1 actually ends?

@host: When you mean sunday what timezone and actual time do you mean Day 1 will end?

Sorry if I missed it earlier

unexpected RL plans got in the way so won't be able to post as much as i'd like to for tomorrow.

5 days from the "deadline is in 3 days" post. Forum time should be displayed in your own timezone.
DeathxShinigami
@ Ph0x I'm understanding why you see animask as pro town but he's really an emotional player which makes it seem either a style base of playing like me or he's really new.

Any thoughts?
NoHitter
I think right now, I would prefer a lynch among either Mahsley or animask.

Suspicions List (as you go lower, you're less suspicious)
SPOILER
Mashley for that comment a while back that pinged me.
animask for role-fishing this early, and the readiness to claim.

DxS pinged me a little with his early attack on bmin over bmin acting like a newbie, and the "bluffing".

Quaraezha and rust45 are sort of neutral. they haven't really said anything to catch my eye.
iMuffin hasn't posted that much at all. Nothing in him.

bmin is participating and seems like town to me. Kind of like rust45, but my gut is telling me town.
Ph0x is also participating. I'm getting a townie read of him. (also are you really strager >.>)

Also since this is a newbie game, if you are about to get lynched, claim.
DeathxShinigami
Fine, Coming clean since we have less than 24 hours to go

I bluffed cause I wanted to see if bmin was just messing around during day 1 when we first started. I was just trying to see if he would bandwagon but he hasn't yet and actually knows how to play the game. You can say I just got a little "over reactive" when I made that post against him earlier.
Mashley
Vote animask as we're approaching the end of day 1 (again) and I have nothing else to go by. Same reason I voted for him previously, of course.
Sleep Powder
Saving my vote for late once I know who to vote for.

Not stating my current suspicions, but I will say that DxS and Ph0X aren't both included.
bmin11
First, I think animask is a townie now (ya I might have gotten influenced by Ph0X but whatever). He's posts were short plotted and seem to hold some tension from being accused, not knowing what to do (haven't really defenced himself great nor convincing). This should not be the case if he had a partner to discuss with. If he was a mafia, he wouldn't have driven himself this far behind, unless his mafia fellow was being afk.

DxS? gotta say he does look suspicious. However, he finally told us what he was trying to 'bluff' out from me. His intention to figure if I'm going to bandwagon him is kind of confusing at my stage. However, I understood as a test on friendship. It would be reasonable to me since the friendship factor would play a role between us in this game. My answer is 'no'. This is my first game and I'm looking forward to it. I will do my best to play fair and promise not to be bias. Anyway, since I believe his intention, he got a rank down on my suspicion list (for now).

Right now, my attention is flowing to iMuffin. As I wrote on animask's paragraph; "unless his mafia fellow was being afk", and IF that's true, then I'm thinking of iMuffin as a most likely mafia around here next to animask. He could have intentionaly lurked during the game and as I answered on NoHitter's questionnaire; "I think they are lurking because of their position (cop/doc). It's likely to be a mafia, but I want to wait for the cop to find them first". I do mention about it could be a cop/doc, but I'm getting a hinch of a 'likely to be a mafia'. We could lynch animask or iMuffin to confirm this theory, but because I think animask could be the power role (he did mention about role claiming), I think it's much safer to lynch iMuffin if we are trying to figure out this animask - iMuffin alignment.

HoS on iMuffin and minor FoS on DxS and minorFoS on Mashley (only if animask - iMuffin alignment isn't ture)
bmin11
By the way, does anyone knows how to check the forum time? I'm still not clear with the dead line orz
Topic Starter
LadySuburu

bmin11 wrote:

By the way, does anyone knows how to check the forum time? I'm still not clear with the dead line orz
On your post that you just posted, read what time it says it is. For me, I get Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:10 pm (3 minutes ago) .

Once you look at what it says for you, figure out how far off it is. Then use that to correct whatever time it said on my post back then.

Also, head into Settings and fix your time so you can know always.
Quaraezha
I'm sorry but the forum time is set to whatever GMT Timezone we set it.
For me, it says "Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:10 am (6 minutes ago)" and I use GMT + 8
Topic Starter
LadySuburu

Quaraezha wrote:

I'm sorry but the forum time is set to whatever GMT Timezone we set it.
For me, it says "Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:10 am (6 minutes ago)" and I use GMT + 8
Like I said. So, exactally 5 days from the time I posted my post. Since it's set to your timezone, you should know exactally when the deadline is.
Quaraezha
Oh, okay.
Ph0X
First, comments since my last post.

(Yeah, I totally stole your colour, Q. ;P)

NoHItter wrote:

Re: Prodding

LadySuburu wrote:

17. If a player has not posted in 24 hours, I will prod them if requested to do so. That is, it's up to you to ask me to prod a certain player.
I have to leave soon. Will post opinions later.
Wups; I was probably thinking of that PyP game.

DeathxShinigami wrote:

@ Ph0x I'm understanding why you see animask as pro town but he's really an emotional player which makes it seem either a style base of playing like me or he's really new.

Any thoughts?
Yes; see my analysis below.

NoHItter wrote:

I think right now, I would prefer a lynch among either Mahsley or animask.

[...]

Mashley for that comment a while back that pinged me.
Mashley, what do you think of NoHItter's suspicions of you, exactly? I know you defended yourself already, but what of NoHItter's persistence?

bmin11 wrote:

First, I think animask is a townie now (ya I might have gotten influenced by Ph0X but whatever).
Haha! Kinda funny; I already saw that (see analysis below).

bmin11 wrote:

If he was a mafia, he wouldn't have driven himself this far behind, unless his mafia fellow was being afk.
I didn't see that, and I agree with you. However, there are other ways a mafia can defend his buddy besides direct defense, including trying to vote for someone else or using extreme distancing to attract reverse attention (which gets really complicated and is hard to pull off ... but whatever).

bmin11 wrote:

This is my first game and I'm looking forward to it.
Really? You look like a pretty decent player.

Anyway, I re-read the thread. Here are my thoughts.

animask's famous rolefishing post. bmin's response paints him as a newbie, likely pro-town. DxS shows suspicion of bmin.

animask shows true newbiness, responding to bmin's post rather poorly.

DxS talks about bmin again. I already stated my comments on this post, so I won't repeat them here. So far, bmin's posts have been sound and well-formed; clearly not newbie behaviour. bmin's first post (the response to animask) now (in hindsight) looks more like assistance, rather than newbiness.

animask covers his mistake, claiming playfulness. animask may not have been using that as a cover, but it certainly appears that way, so that's what I believe.

DxS's response to my comments of his accusations against bmin attempts to sound sportsmanship-like, but comes across as defensive and an OMGUS post. The end of his next post has a similar tone; as I stated in response, "[DxS is] stating the obvious, but in a weird way, and in a way which deters attention from [himself]."

NoHItter posted his questionnaire, and I am still unsure what to make of it. For now I have been ignoring it. In hindsight, it may have been an attempt to get the attention off of DxS or another player. Possible implicit buddying; will keep that in mind in the future. (However, at the same time, he throws a minor FoS at DxS, so this argument against NoHItter isn't too strong. Maybe bmin?)

animask posts "Why I would want to scope out for aux roles..." Just realized: it doesn't sound like animask performed this analysis before posting the initial rolefishing post. At first, I conclude "animask was a newbie for not considering the consequences of his actions". However, there's the "intentionally not caring about the consequences" argument as well, painting him as a mafia member. This is cause for suspicion, but I am not sure what to believe out of this yet. Also, as I stated soon after, a few of these reasonings were "wrong", so either animask was trying to populate the list with good intentions (to defend himself) or he didn't realize how silly those suggestions were (supporting his newbiness).

I posted asking for iMuffin's thoughts; I still have yet to receive any response or acknowledgement from him.

animask makes a short-sighted comment in his defense. This post also shows behaviour of either a very newbie townie or a desperate mafia member. Either way, it's a suspicious comment (as I have already posted).

Mashley stated a "soft FoS" against animask. Personally, I don't find what Mashley said to be disturbing, but others were offset by it. The way I see it, Mashley was having a gut feeling against animask, but did not have the analytical evidence to back up a vote.

I commented on DxS's "hectic atmosphere" post by saying "Maybe it's because I'm making you sweat. ;P" It may have seemed like I was being playful, but it seemed clear to me that DxS was feeling pressured. DxS's response, backing out, supports this. However, I can certainly see someone who wasn't being pressured making the same move. Still, I don't think it was a very DxS-y thing to do.

Q pops in to answer the quiz, yet says nothing else. Detachment from the game: a classic mafia tell.

NoHItter suggests we all post suspicion lists. While suspicions lists aren't suspicious in general, asking for them (in my experience) is a scum tell. (I have, however, seen townies ask for it, but only late-game.) More suspicion points for NoHItter. In the same post, NoHItter votes for Mashley. His reasoning is very weak; I would expect a FoS at most. Being the first to vote makes NoHItter seem like they're genuinely scumhunting, but I'm not falling for it. Mashley defends the attacked post, confirming my thoughts of that post (see above). (A comment from bmin (as well as one by me) appears later on.)

More newbie posting by animask, and again, explained in the trailing posts.

Mashley votes for animask. From what I see, this is almost completely due to pressure, from NoHItter and from the clock (day was ending soon then), and not due to exhaustive reasoning. Sure, Mashley states vague suspicions ("[t]he things he's said just seem so not-town-like"), but not even attempting to elaborate supports my pressure argument. Of course, I am not denying the fact that Mashley could be a mafia member trying to land a popular vote. While that is a definite possibility, I find he pressure argument more believable at this point.

bmin asks for opinions of animask (of a specific pair of posts). This is very pro-town to me. Being analytical in his next post regarding Mashley also gives bmin a few town points.

DxS votes for animask. Him not doing this immediately leads me to believe he and Mashley are not buddies (as he didn't save Mashley from a vote) (but, of course, either of them may be).

LS extends Day 1 by 48 hours. Yippee!

NoHItter explains how2Mafia to animask. Good boy. Shows experience, but nothing else, sadly. (Really wanna figure out this guy...)

Q finally voices his opinions. I agree with his findings regarding animask (which you can see in my comments above). (I am still not entirely convinced, though.) He throws a FoS at Mashley, with reasoning which was quickly disputed and shot down. His FoS against bmin is also pretty weak, and seems to be just hopping onto what NoHItter asked of bmin rather than any analytical findings. From this post, and his general lack of engagement with the game, it seems Q doesn't seem to interested in the game. He looks like a good player, though, and it doesn't look like he's "just a lurker". This results in some suspicion from me.

DxS changes his opinion of animask. Nothing wrong with that; I do it all the time. He also realizes bmin isn't a newbie (which I quickly discovered myself), which is good. Other than that, his post doesn't provide too much information other than "now I don't find anyone suspicious".

bmin jumps on the "animask is prolly newb town" bandwagon. Progress, but also not helpful (like with DxS) to me.

rust posts his opinions of other players, which no suspicions whatsoever. =[

NoHItter posts his suspicions. Seems like NoHItter's opinions hasn't changed like those of most other players. I still don't like his reasoning. I also find it suspicious that he didn't find anything wrong with iMuffin's absenteeism.

DxS explains his "bluff" from earlier in the day. I don't completely believe him (it may be a cover-up), but based on what he has said and done in the past, his excuse seems reasonable.

bmin posts his iMuffin-animask mafia theory. It's pretty convincing; I am willing to try it. However, currently the idea doesn't align well with my suspicions.

Player comments (in alpha order)

DxS
Used to be my #1 suspicion. That has changed, however. I thought he was buddying with bmin (and I did not know about their meta relationship, whatever it is), and both are now is distancing (perhaps in realization?). If bmin or DxS turn up mafia, I am looking critically at the other. Still, no FoS at this point.

Mashley
Seems pretty newb, though I am sure I've seen him play before. Doesn't really explain himself well. Seems to be voting for animask because it's an easy vote, which is suspicious. FoS.

NoHItter
Strong FoS. Insistant on animask and Mashley. Some suspicious activity in the name of aiding discussions, which has confused the town. Doesn't seem to be too analytical himself; wants others to do the dirty work for him so he can just use their opinions, I find.

Ph0X
Hehehe.

Q
Netbattler Q.

My opinion of him is hazy. I should probably do some more mining on this guy, as he has slightly hit my radar a few times. Minor FoS for now.

animask
As I posted in my analysis, and as other players have come to conclude, I feel animask is pro-town, but very newbie. I want to keep him around because IMO it would suck if he died day 1 without a chance to really play the game.

bmin
Pretty cool guy; doesn't afraid of anything. Either a really good mafia or a decent townie. My money's on the latter.

iMuffin
WHERE ARE YOU?

rust
Actually, I don't know. Let me look...

Oh look, I have only one comment about him. And it's pretty much useless. That trips my alarm! FoS! May have to look at him in isolation. Will do that in a follow-up post.

Suspicion list (tiered, alpha)

~ Suspicious ~

NoHItter
rust

Mashley

~ Not-so-suspicious ~

DxS
iMuffin
Q

animask
bmin

Ph0X
bmin11

Ph0X wrote:

bmin11 wrote:

If he was a mafia, he wouldn't have driven himself this far behind, unless his mafia fellow was being afk.
I didn't see that, and I agree with you. However, there are other ways a mafia can defend his buddy besides direct defense, including trying to vote for someone else or using extreme distancing to attract reverse attention (which gets really complicated and is hard to pull off ... but whatever).
....... which you are doing for animask...? I'll keep it on my note for now. Thanks Ph0X :P

I know this would contradict to my "iMuffin - animask alignment and if not, Mashley is suspicious" theory lol not weighting this thought for now

Ph0X wrote:

Really? You look like a pretty decent player.
awww thanks. I once played a very heavy role based mafia (on online real time) before. Some roles would be able to track the mafia if he targets the victim successfully, some will have one free shot of killing, some will simply not get lynched lol. It was a fast-paced game (only a brief 10min), because mafia would be spotted quite easily >_>...;; but a mafia with only cop/doc/mafia is my first time. Maybe this is why I'm relying to "lets just wait until cop does something". I'm getting the hang of this game now (and yes, no lynch wasn't a good idea I realized orz)

Anyway, /me waits for NoHitter and iMuffin
bmin11
Another note to Ph0X:
I want to hear more about your suspicion against NoHitter, because to me, it just feels like he's following his gut (quite hasty as well). I just want to hear more from you (or just summarized post) since you are holding the strongest suspicion against NoHitter.
Sleep Powder
My Newbie Player Comments

Mashley - I get the feeling he is trying to hide something. (Possible aux role or mafia.)
DxS - He seems to be the most (openly) suspicious about me.
imuffin - Lots of lurking. Nothing yet...
bmin11 - Pairing up me and iMuffin as mafia. There are 2 mafia members. I keep forgetting.
rust45 - Lurker #2.
animask - You caused a commotion from the start without actually needing to. Or did you?
NoHItter - Seems almost on par with Ph0X (Probably out of experience, but could be mafia pairing. Not expecting it though)
Quaraezha - I don't really know what to do with this guy.
Ph0x - Semi-right about my circular reasoning. Now I have no idea where to pinpoint you. You'll be useful, but that itself seems suspicious.
bmin11

animask wrote:

bmin11 - Pairing up me and iMuffin as mafia. There are 2 mafia members(?)

LadySuburu wrote:

It consists of one of the following combinations of roles:
• 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Vanilla Townies.
• 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Vanilla Townies.
• 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies.
• 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Vanilla Townies.
there should be only two mafias according to this list unless LadySuburu is playing with us (and I am not amused in that case)
show more