Cyber Skin v1.5

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Danzai
So yes, yet again I was bored and made a skin.
However I think this looks better.
This is fully custom, no "stolen" elements.

Version 1.5 download: http://puu.sh/2AqB

1.1 Update notes:
Fixed the numbers inside the circles.
Fixed a bit on the spinner.
Added a bright border to the hitcircles, which turned out waaaay to bright, so I'll get to that as soon as possible.
Resized the hit bursts. (3, 3+, 1, 1+ etc)

1.2 Update notes:
Change the cursor color to red neon to fit the theme better. (thanks to MathiasXII <3)

1.3 Update Notes:
Fixed the follow points
Fixed the slider points
Changed the score numbers
Improved the spinner
Changed the life bar GFX
Added custom warning arrows

1.4 Update Notes:
Move some of the score numbers to look prettier
Changed all the mod buttons
Changed all the options buttons

1.5 Update Notes
Change the score BG
Change the Graph BG
Change the font on the score texts
Change the buttons on score
Change the font on the button texts in score screen
Added Menu Sounds!

I do take Critique, so bring it on as I will try to update based on the critic :3

Screenshots:

Tachanne
you, sir, are brilliant.
Rokodo

Numbers over-running onto slanted bezel and shit. Fix it.
Omega

And the black numbers, sheesh. Sure, they look cool, but other than that; I can't read!
And the mod icons, what did you do to them? I can barely reco-wait, what do you mean Critique, not rant?

Oh, it's perfect then! :)
Pizzicato
shiny~
Kyonko Hizara
\o/
[Sora]
Looks Cool~
But Yea the numbers are difficult to read. All smooshed together, mods are hard to read as well.
Omega
Okay, can you update the screenshot?
Xiao
As per request, here is some of my feedback.

My first and most important tip: create a template for each group of graphics you're making and work with it. Having a skeleton not only makes it faster to work with, but also unifies the individual items when they're finally grouped together in-game. Always save your .psd files with layers, masks and placed objects intact.

Alignment is important. The most important alignment issues are:

Realign those so it doesn't stand out so much. Also change the outline on the score numbers from black to white; it's very hard to read against dark backgrounds. For the selection buttons, align them along the top, centre or bottom. Don't split it up without good reason; it looks very odd. Make sure it lines up, once again. Unity is important.

Edge cutoff is a hard issue to deal with, but it's important that you do.

If you notice, the bounding boxes of the image simply cut off the edges of the object. It's not noticeable in Photoshop but in-game it sticks out like a sore thumb. When you're making an image with glows or something similar, make a layer in your document and put it beneath everything else. Fill it with white/grey/black. It will help you spot cutoff and other alpha channel problems you can't see against the checkered transparent background while you're working.

I like how minimalistic the score numbers are. However, it lends itself to a problem: 50 points is the worst possible successful hit score. Yet the bright cyan colour and white border make it look like it's actually better than 300. The brightest objects always stand out in the foreground the most, so i suggest making the border black. I also suggest changing the scoring scheme to 30/10/5, so 5 doesn't seem higher than it really is.

As a final note, colour choice is important. Try to stick to a unified colour scheme throughout the skin. Black and red seemed the most prominent. Stay with that colour scheme for everything else, mods included. While they are all very charming on their own, I don't feel they really all fit together comprehensively.

Hope this helps.
Topic Starter
Danzai
Version 1.4 is out, updatenotes in first post!
Topic Starter
Danzai
Version 1.5 is out!
Dragvon
Added to compendium.
Nelie
Think the puush has expired, gives this message: "That puush could not be found.". Would love to try this one out though
chelly

Nelie wrote:

Think the puush has expired, gives this message: "That puush could not be found.". Would love to try this one out though
1.) This is a two year old thread. Bumping old threads isn't really something you just do; it's dead for a reason -- no one wants to post in it. It's better just to leave it. A thread that has been abandoned this long does not want to be touched by anyone.
2.) The original poster quit the game.
3.) And is dead.

Edit: Thanks deadbeat.
deadbeat
chelly, there is nothing wrong with bumping a thread for something like that, it is a slight issue if the skin download isn't working. there might be someone who has the skin, but sadly, i wouldn't know who :<
chelly

deadbeat wrote:

chelly, there is nothing wrong with bumping a thread for something like that, it is a slight issue if the skin download isn't working. there might be someone who has the skin, but sadly, i wouldn't know who :<
("o - o)
Well then, I kindly take back my earlier statement, thanks for informing.

Maybe if we leave the thread out here someone may find it... ( ' - ')?
Kyonko Hizara

chelly wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

("o - o)
Well then, I kindly take back my earlier statement, thanks for informing.

Maybe if we leave the thread out here someone may find it... ( ' - ')?
rip skin
Haestrom
Wow, awesome skin!
osu123fan
puush can't be found,mister.
deadbeat
i might just lock this. missing skin and OP isn't active anymore