Get your hands on it (v1.1b): http://up.ppy.sh/files/djmaxosukav1.1b.rar
June 15, 2011: Version 1.1b
What's new in this version:
- Fixed hit circle numbers so they didn't mess with custom map skins
- LED Add-on: Added a slider ball to the skin
June 14, 2011: Version 1.1a
- Reduced applause soundfile from 10mb to 200kb
June 13, 2011: Version 1.1
What's new in this update:
- Slider ball changed from a golden orb to a green arrow sphere (a la Technika 2 sliders)
- Scoreboard grades centred (was previously left aligned)
- Score stars (COOL, MAX etc) have been shrunk in size by 20%
- Changed applause.wav so it is no longer silent; thank you to Hakeru Prismriver for supplying the file
- The Catch the Beat add-on is now bundled in the Osuka download
- LED Add-on: Reversearrow.png is now centred properly (click here to download the hotfix if you already have the add-on; be sure to rename it to reversearrow.png)
June 12, 2011
Three new add-ons available:
- Numberless Add-on
- LED Noteskin Add-on
- Catch the Beat Add-on
After vanishing into the ether for some time, I seemingly emerge from nowhere to release another skin. Yay.
Despite the lack of a 2 in the title, Osuka is a theme mostly based off of DJMax Technika 2: Crew Race. There was another skin released a few months ago entitled Technika 2, but it mostly resembled a pile of rainbow vomit on my screen. I immediately went to work to release my own skin. Note that the skin is not entirely faithful to the game. Originally I had 300 as green MAX, 300 katu as rainbow MAX and 300 geki as gold MAX, but it was too confusing to read with all those colours on screen. I ended up settling with green/gold/gold fever (even though gold is only obtainable through fever). Ultimately I am very pleased with the results after a few days of skinning.
To clarify: GOOD is 50, COOL is 100, MAX is 300 (please don't make a DDR joke). Cool katu glows purple, MAX katu glows gold, MAX geki glows gold and says FEVER.
Thanks to Gundam-Dude helping test the skin. Thanks to kokoban of Bemanistyle for recreating the awesome high-res of the Technika 2 circle logo. Thanks to gonzzz for reminding me osu! existed.
These are additional addons for the skin. Note that these overwrite the files, so if you want to revert the addon changes, you must redownload the skin from stock. Alternatively, keep a backup folder.
Download Numberless Addon (Extract into Osuka folder): http://up.ppy.sh/files/djmaxosukanumberlessaddon.rar
Description: Really want to get into the groove? Get this addon which removes the numbers from the noteskin — if you think you're up to it! Incredibly hard to read. Use at your own discretion! Download this before the LED noteskin if you intend to get both. This overwrites the hitcircle-overlay image.
Download LED Noteskin Addon (Extract into Osuka folder): http://up.ppy.sh/files/djmaxosukaledaddonfixed2.rar
Description: Changes the hitcircles and return arrows to the LED style noteskin from Technika.
Download CtB Addon (Extract into Osuka folder): http://up.ppy.sh/files/djmaxosukactbaddon.rar This is now bundled as of the v1.1 update!
Description: Enjoy Catch the Beat mode? Now you can enjoy it with Osuka! Your DJMax Osuka Platinum Crew card is hungry for MAX Points and it's up to you to catch those fruit circles for them.