forum

Tales of the Abyss (Bump of Chicken) - Karma (Instrumental)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cyclone
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, September 13, 2008 at 4:13:20 PM

Artist: Bump of Chicken
Title: Karma (Instrumental)
BPM: 97.51
Filesize: 6608kb
Play Time: 02:27
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.64 stars, 123 notes)
  2. Normal (2.48 stars, 190 notes)
  3. Mania (4.48 stars, 303 notes)
  4. Unknown (4.89 stars, 415 notes)
Download: Bump of Chicken - Karma (Instrumental)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Bump of Chicken - Karma (Instrumental)
Appears only in the US version of Tales of the Abyss(I think)

Moved to Complete Submission.

Maxwell's changes made. (Not sure if I followed your suggestion on first tip of Mania)
Couple other very small changes made.

More Timing Changes made: 97.51 BPM, 56 offset(directly in middle of original timing, and saturos timing)

Changed to Normal Countdown Speed by request :(
MaxwellDemon
Me likes~ Finish it soon. :D

Since it is now complete, I'll put what I think require some fixing onto this space. :P

Easy

Other than beatspacing issues, it's okay... but I guess since the beats are so far apart, it shouldn't really throw anyone off and for beats that are actually "close", you had consist the same spacing. So, if no one decides to be a nazi, it should be fine. :P

Normal is fine

Mania

01:38:96 (2,3) - Would you consider replacing these two beats with a slide that start at 01:38:81 and ends at 1:39:43... I think it sounds better OR you could move the second beat 1/4 backward then map a new beat at 1:39:12 (or make a kick slider out of that). All three ways work, in my opinion. :P
00:36:66 (1,2,3,4) - Beatspacing. D:
00:49:27 (1,2) - And again :P
00:50:20 (4,5,6) - Here again XD

Recheck spacing please. :P

Unknown

Fluctuating beatspacing - 01:07:27 (4,5) had a different beatspacing compared to 01:07:89 (6,7) and I believe beatspacing is really important in an insane difficulty :P

Beat placement is excellent though, in my opinion.

Great work! I'll give you a star. :3
lukewarmholiday
INC HORRIBLE NAZI SUGGESTION, THE FAINT OF HEART SHOULD LOOK AWAY NOW.

For future beatmaps i suggest not having repeating sliders(like 00:38:97(2) for instance) end in the opposite direction of the combo.

Its just lulz difficulty and its more irritating than fun imo(there's a few beatmappers who do it often whose maps i dislike for that very reason.) Its fine to have em though if you must, if i use em i have em go off to the side and back so i don't hop over the slider onto the next note(following the beatspacing like its a non repeating slider) since i usually cant see or am moving to quickly to follow the approach circles.
Topic Starter
Cyclone

lukewarmholiday wrote:

INC HORRIBLE NAZI SUGGESTION, THE FAINT OF HEART SHOULD LOOK AWAY NOW.

For future beatmaps i suggest not having repeating sliders(like 00:38:97(2) for instance) end in the opposite direction of the combo.

Its just lulz difficulty and its more irritating than fun imo(there's a few beatmappers who do it often whose maps i dislike for that very reason.) Its fine to have em though if you must, if i use em i have em go off to the side and back so i don't hop over the slider onto the next note(following the beatspacing like its a non repeating slider) since i usually cant see or am moving to quickly to follow the approach circles.
I honestly didn't even think about it that way... I had it written differently before and when it was revised it just ended up like that. I do like it the way it is, and there are only 3 of them.(i think)

But yeah for future beatmaps i'll keep it in mind.
MaxwellDemon
BEATSPACING NAZI IN!

Actually, nevermind that, I am too bleh to be nazi about spacing and nothing is particularly misleading. XD

Sooo... BUBBLE'D.
Saturos
I came up with 97.51 BPM 64 Offset.

Popping bubble for now.
Topic Starter
Cyclone
Upon further testing i came up with 97.50 BPM and 58 offset. What's everybody else getting?
Topic Starter
Cyclone
I took Saturos's timing, and add sections wherever that timing seemed off.
DawnII
I actually think the offset is closer to the mid/late 50's. I actually like 54, but I didn't adjust the audio offset for Osu! on my flashdrive so take it with a grain of salt.

And WTF at whoever rated this a 1, GTFO.
Topic Starter
Cyclone
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
DawnII
You will not need multiple timing sections at all. Constant throughout.

Just for the record, Saturos' timing works. Although I question the offset, it does work.
Topic Starter
Cyclone
Ok, i changed it again, please look at it.
MaxwellDemon
This timing is definitely agreeable... not that I find a noticeable difference on it at gameplay, but looking at the divisors, it seems to work better. Hahaha, let's see if my bubble gets popped again. :P
Samurai Sam
I like it. You should add the Tales of the Abyss opening movie to the background, though. That's what I did after downloading it.
Donjo
My only objection here is the snail slow countdown timer. It may be misleading to the actual speed of the song, but I fall asleep for a few minutes while it counts down.
Topic Starter
Cyclone
Eh, i liked the slow countdown, but if enough people want me to change it i will.
billybobfred
Yeah, the countdown is all ugh and no and stuff.

Too slow. Waaaay too slow.

And easy mode is really slow too, but then it's easy mode, so that's expected.
Dakeyrus
All looks well, thanks for changing the countdown. I'll rank this now :D