forum

PyP Mafia [GO] - Game Over!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Firo Prochainezo
You copy someone and get their power. Your REAL alignment will change to opposite of the one you copied.
From what I understood, I think he meant this.
Topic Starter
tastelikecoke
bmin11 was lynched.

Night 1 started. Everyone stop talking.

Flavor later. Result comes when Night 1 ends.
adam2046
Deadline is Sunday noon GMT. 50 Hours, to be exact.
Did I miss something?
Topic Starter
tastelikecoke
Stop talking game-related!

Reasons coming soon.
Topic Starter
tastelikecoke
Forgot the votals:

1 - Mashley (NoHItter)
1 - Quaraezha (adam2046)
1 - Wojjan (Mashley)
3 - No Lynch (bmin11, Firo Prochainezo, DeathxShinigami)
2 - DeathxShinigami (dkun, Lybydose)
1 - adam2046 (LadySuburu)
2 - bmin11 - (Wojjan, Quaraezha)

In the middle of the park, a group of people were discussing about lynch candidates.

"So who shall we lynch..."

"Is it him? He looks like a shady guy."

"Hey! I'm not shady, I just like shades, that's all!"

"I second the motion!"

While talking furiously in the lynch decision, A sound similar to a sack falling down while attached to rope was heard behind.

They saw bmin11, with his head tied on a rope, which tied on a horizontal pole, which is attached to a vertical pole, which is rooted to the ground, about 13 feet high.

"What the hell? I thought we lynch democratically?"

"Well, I was also interested in communism, so that's fine."

To reiterate, bmin11 was lynched.

"So, Is it night already?"

"The Humanoid Moderator Interface is having Network Paradigm Entanglements in the wrong Schwarzschild wormholes. The moderator can't dissipate the information entropically, so I am trying my best to make it work again."

"Ok, so what happens now?"

"Let's talk about religion!"

The merry citizens of Townland started talking about religion until everyone fell asleep. Soon the sky was bathed by million stars, and from blue it turned darker and darker until it was Night (night delayed because of internet connection).

Then, a distinct sound was heard-

"Hssssssss-"

Night has officially begun.

You can now submit your night actions.

Results of the lynch will appear after the end of Night 1.

edit: So yeah, everything will be revealed later.
Topic Starter
tastelikecoke
UPDATE: Still waiting for night actions. If your night actions were not submitted by 24 hours, you will lose control of your night actions.
Topic Starter
tastelikecoke
As the sun rose from the horizon, the sunlight peered into everyone's windows.

A diner at two blocks opened their television. A psychology show was in the timeslot. It was hard to figure out what they were talking about, but some words like "The Dunning Kruger Effect" and "T-T-T-Triple Kill!" stands out in the conversation.

FIRST BLOOD: The Dunning Kruger Effect is dead. It is Wojjan. Alignment Town.

The diner's manager got bored, so he clicked the remote and flipped it in to some anime channel. Episode 8 of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann was playing.

Kamina is dead. He is Quaraezha. Alignment Town.

The episode was then interrupted by urgent news. The news anchor wiped her sweat dripping from her disheveled hair.

"Rebecca Black, known for her hit single "Friday," died in a tragic car accident while loudly trying to decipher which seat of the car she should sit in. Both her and her producer Patrice Wilson were killed instantly in a head-on collision. "

Rebecca Black is dead. She is Mashley. Alignment Independent.

"In other news. The Whole phylum Tardigrada went extinct according WWF. Tardigrades are able to survive in extreme environments that would kill almost any other animal. It was a surprise to every scientist how did the mass extinction happen. 'They just, disappeared.' according to Adam et al (2046)..."

Tardigrade is dead. It is adam2046. Alignment Town.

"This just in: Local spirit healer and worship leader found dead on some back alley in New York, NY. According to the police it was probably an assasination by the business big player Phari C. Inc...."

The Messiah is dead. He is dkun. Alignment Classified Information.

After the news was over, a commercial of Justin Bieber's world tour appeared. The manager of the diner instinctively flipped the channel to Discovery channel. The show was Man Vs. Wild, but the faces were not familiar in this case.

"Bear Grylls, our fellow comrade, went to an expedition to Panau island. He was officially declared missing.... uhh... *sob*... uhh... One informer said that he was caught in the crossfire of the Panauan government and a terrorist named "Scorpio". No body was found however. Let's pray from Bear Grylls, everyone."

Bear Grylls is dead. He is bmin11. Alignment Neutral.

The manager sighed. What an eventful night he thought. Several customers entered the door, and the busy day started again.

Day 2 has officially started. You can talk now.

Kaiba has informed me that no lynch was unfair and it should be illegal, like how mentioning death in 4kids is illegal.
I replied: "You read the rules, didn't you?"
"Screw the rules I have money!" he said in a cliche way.
He made an offer I can't refuse.

Rule 4 is re-amended:
4. No lynch is not fine. Lynch will be by majority. If no majority occurs after the deadline, the player with the most votes is lynched. If voting ends up in a tie, a random player would be lynched.

As a result, this game now has slight bastardry, :( though I guarantee that it is for balance reasons.
LadySuburu
17 -> 11 from D1 to D2.

What is this I don't even.
0_o
holy crap

also inb4 dkun comes back in 3 days
0_o
mod: Could you separate the living/dead players in the OP?
DeathxShinigami
I'm neutral now?

Wow...

I guess everyone knows what I am!

but in all seriousness who's still around?
Topic Starter
tastelikecoke

0_o wrote:

mod: Could you separate the living/dead players in the OP?
The second post shows the dead players list.
Topic Starter
tastelikecoke
11 players still alive.

no votes yet.

6 to lynch
Firo Prochainezo
This is interesting.
Rantai
I just got home... holy crap what a bloodbath O.o
NoHitter
I thought the role PMs will be given along with the flips?
Topic Starter
tastelikecoke

tastelikecoke wrote:

Lybydose wrote:

mod: are roles revealed on death? If not, what about alignment?
Role names are revealed. Alignment is also revealed.
So it's Role names and alignment only. The ability and everything will be revealed after the game ends.
Wojjan
SPOILER
always always always always
intermu
Holy shit. Hahahaha, goddamn.

6 dead in one night.

I can't spend a lot of time tonight and tomorrow, I have finals to tend to, so apologies beforehand. Will try my best to keep up though.

So that's 3 town, 1 independent, 1 neutral, 1 secret. Also no more NL.

Bear Grylls and Rebecca Black did make me laugh; now everyone around me thinks I'm a weirdo.

Also we have 2 votes on DxS and bmin, but the one that is lynched is bmin. What
Lybydose
WELL THEN.

Since the person DxS copied was a neutral aligned person named Bear Grylls, it's very likely that he's some sort of Survivor role that wins if he's alive at the end, and it would certainly explain his confusion over his win condition. He might have additional powers, but I doubt they would really be anti-town, probably something that helps himself survive. I don't think it would be best for us to lynch him since there are still an unknown number of mafia running around, and none have died yet.

dkun is probably some sort of self-reviving role, based on the role name.
intermu
Also small observation; if the flavor writing is of any significance, only three is actually confirmed dead (counting out the dunning kruger effect since idk what to make out of it).

but one is messiah, so probably can revive in some way, and the other 2 are just described as "missing".

Anyway, off for the moment, will be checking this next evening.
Rantai
Something has been bugging me: 5 nights kills occurred.

- I suspect Kamina was some sort of protective or pro-town killer type role, if so he may have contributed to the kill count depending on what Kamina actually is (I don't know the character well).

- Of the others, I'm still trying to wrap my head around the Dunning-Kruger effect - was that meant to be a trait where the player grossly overestimates their ability and ends up producing mediocre results? I'm not sure what that would really translate to in terms of abilities...

- Most of the deaths seem to be non-aggressive people/roles (Bear Grylls, Rebecca Black, Tardigarde) and The Messiah, I bet, is a cult leader of some sort. If not, Jesus (see you in 3 days?)

- No mafia were harmed this round so there is at least 1 killer left among us.

- Assuming Kamina was the only killed killer role, there are 2 killer roles that I see so far, leaving 3 unaccounted for. Unless the mafia has 2 killers, or there are 2 families (which would be a scary consideration) but even then, that leaves 2 unaccounted.

Of course, can't rule out that some of those deaths may have occurred when they tried to target someone and got reverse attacked.

- That lynch was suspicious too, there might even be someone who can manipulate ballots.

- DxS (assuming he's not lying) sits as a neutral survivor (can't see Bear Grylls being anything else)

To sum, where does that leave us?

- 11 people; 3-4 killers remaining; 1 ballot manipulator; 5-6 other roles which haven't done much yet; 1 survivor

- 11 people; 2 killers; 1 ballot manipulator; 2 reverse attack roles; 5 others; 1 survivor

- 11 people; Some combination of the above.

Thoughts?
Lybydose
Speculation about other roles:

Mashley (Rebecca Black) was probably a cult leader type role.

Quaraezha was some anime character. I don't know anything about it, but a quick wikipedia search gives me this: "This attitude often manifests itself in dramatic speeches which have the power to rally all those who hear them to his call". It's possible then that he had some sort of super voting lynch power.

Wojjan was the Dunning Kruger Effect, which is a psychological phenomenon in which an unskilled person believes himself to be highly skilled. In short, the person is so bad at something that he believes himself to be good. He may have not even known his powers. He also could have had some ridiculous powers that don't actually work right. Could be anything really.

adam2046 was Tardigrade, a microscopic animal that is able to survive in extreme conditions, such as extreme cold/heat and even the vacuum of space. In other words, I have no idea.
Topic Starter
tastelikecoke

intermu wrote:

Also small observation; if the flavor writing is of any significance, only three is actually confirmed dead (counting out the dunning kruger effect since idk what to make out of it).
Flavor writing is not that significant. those 6 players are confirmed dead dead Dead.
Lybydose
DOUBLEPOST:

Now that I think about it, it seems more likely that bmin's "lynch" was actually triggered by some sort of one shot day-vigilante role whose identity is NOT revealed when he takes the shot.
0_o

Lybydose wrote:

Since the person DxS copied was a neutral aligned person named Bear Grylls, it's very likely that he's some sort of Survivor role that wins if he's alive at the end, and it would certainly explain his confusion over his win condition. He might have additional powers, but I doubt they would really be anti-town, probably something that helps himself survive. I don't think it would be best for us to lynch him since there are still an unknown number of mafia running around, and none have died yet.
The only thing off about this is that Bear Grylls was classified as neutral, while Rebecca Black was independent. I'm not sure if they are the same thing or not, but wouldn't it make more sense for a survivor to be of an independent alignment?
Quaraezha
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH
ANIKI WILL STILL LIVE IN YOUR HEARTS
GOOD LUCK BROS
Lybydose

0_o wrote:

Lybydose wrote:

The only thing off about this is that Bear Grylls was classified as neutral, while Rebecca Black was independent. I'm not sure if they are the same thing or not, but wouldn't it make more sense for a survivor to be of an independent alignment?
Yeah I noticed that. My reasoning is that a neutral character is indifferent towards the various factions. The survivor fits perfectly because he wins if any other faction wins. Contrast this with independent, which suggests a faction of it's own. Unlike the neutral faction, the independent faction is not indifferent towards everyone else. They want everyone else dead and/or recruited to their faction (such as a cult leader).
0_o

Lybydose wrote:

Yeah I noticed that. My reasoning is that a neutral character is indifferent towards the various factions. The survivor fits perfectly because he wins if any other faction wins. Contrast this with independent, which suggests a faction of it's own. Unlike the neutral faction, the independent faction is not indifferent towards everyone else. They want everyone else dead and/or recruited to their faction (such as a cult leader).
Ah right, I forgot that survivors simply need to be alive at the end and not be the last one standing.
LadySuburu
The only thing I'm minorly worried about with DxS is that since Mafia > Town, and Town > Mafia, is it conceivable that Neutral > Independant. and Independant > Neutral?
Kokizi
ok, so no scum was nightkilled. this isn't going so well is it?
NoHitter

Kokizi wrote:

ok, so no scum was nightkilled. this isn't going so well is it?
Well technically scum is the least likely to get nightkilled. After all, scum usually is the one who nightkills.
From the amount of kills over the night, I guess we have multiple people who can kill though.
DeathxShinigami
I'm classified as neutral just to clear that up.

So wait...it doesn't seem like bmin got lynched rather that he got nightkilled instead which makes me think...Could there be roles that could only be nightkilled?
Rantai
Actually I was going to mention that bmin was hanged to death then shot to death some time later. What a champion.

That aside, I'm pretty sure the mod made it clear that he was lynched and the story was just entertainment.
intermu
Took a short break from the books before this escapes my mind:

Haven't checked the vote again, but possibility of someone having 2 votes?
Rantai
If we're talking about bmin...

At most, he had 5 votes on him. It took 9 to lynch.

Basically everyone had to have double votes or someone was worth five in order for a majority lynch to happen like that.
Lybydose

Rantai wrote:

Basically everyone had to have double votes or someone was worth five in order for a majority lynch to happen like that.
or...

Lybydose wrote:

Now that I think about it, it seems more likely that bmin's "lynch" was actually triggered by some sort of one shot day-vigilante role whose identity is NOT revealed when he takes the shot.
0_o
Sooooooo

what do we do now guys
LadySuburu

0_o wrote:

Sooooooo

what do we do now guys
We should get some people in here, and decide on a lynch since there's no no lynch.

Vote: TBTE
Rantai
Speaking of TBTE where did he disappear too?
show more