forum

PyP Mafia [GO] - Game Over!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lybydose
Don't we also find out DxS's alignment if we lynch him?

We can then deduce bmin's alignment because it would just be the opposite.
0_o

Lybydose wrote:

Don't we also find out DxS's alignment if we lynch him?

We can then deduce bmin's alignment because it would just be the opposite.
That's what I've been saying.
adam2046
Although I don't like how bmin's acting, I'd rather lynch DxS.
Rantai
Hmm...

So DxS has copied bmin and is of opposite alignment and we're lynching bmin to determine if DxS was mafia or town from bmin's alignment?

Seems like a really round about way of doing it, especially when lynching DxS will determine what alignment bmin is too. Oh unless DxS flips as neutral and not the reverse-copied alignment?

Going by that, I guess lynching bmin would mean a guaranteed result, at the very least.

Vote: bmin11
Kokizi
although I think lynching DxS would be better, because just as like what faceman said

0_o wrote:

Err guys, why aren't you voting for DxS? There are more townies than mafia; there's a much higher chance that DxS copied a townie than a mafioso.
we still get to deduce DxS' alignment, if what he's been saying about his role is true

vote: bmin11
Lybydose
It's better to find out what bmin is first though before targeting me since i get to know what alignment I actually am once he dies lol...
Well of course you would say that, because it means us not lynching you instead.

bmin is statistically much more likely to be town, which means that DxS is statistically much more likely to be mafia, having gained bmin's opposite alignment. If we lynch DxS and he flips mafia, that means we don't have to lynch bmin tomorrow and waste two lynches dealing with this mess.

On the other hand, if we waste the day lynching bmin and he flips town (much more likely than flipping mafia), we waste tomorrow dealing with DxS and end up on Day 3 without having made any real progress hunting for the actual scum.

Furthermore, what if bmin has some ridiculous townie power role? Do we really want DxS to gain that power role for the mafia for one night?

Vote: DxS
DeathxShinigami
Totally just got my pm back from tastelikecoke (Sorry for being late)

But here's the deal which I still don't know. Given whatever role bmin has that I copied I'm only seen as the opposite by other abilities.

So if bmin's neutral I'm still kinda lost for what it means to me.

Guessing I'd be neutral if he's neutral but who knows.
naptime
Wait what. Can you like please get your role figured out? Did you just imply you actually have the same affiliation as bmin11 but are only seen as the opposite affiliation by Cops (as Lybydose originally theorized)?

Unvote bmin11 ugh
adam2046

naptime wrote:

Wait what. Can you like please get your role figured out? Did you just imply you actually have the same affiliation as bmin11 but are only seen as the opposite affiliation by Cops (as Lybydose originally theorized)?

Unvote bmin11 ugh
That's what we've been saying this whole time.
Lybydose
ib both bmin and dxs are mafia trying to distance themselves with this ridiculous scheme
Rantai

DeathxShinigami wrote:

But here's the deal which I still don't know. Given whatever role bmin has that I copied I'm only seen as the opposite by other abilities.
So you mean you're actually of the same alignment, with the same abilities?

Or does this mean when you flip, your power will flip you as the same alignment as the host (when in fact you were opposite), in order to screw with us? With the only way to determine your true alignment is through an investigation or killing the host (even this assumes you're not lying and do actually get an opposite alignment).

This is confusing me now -.-
DeathxShinigami
I have no idea how my alignment flips but it seems to be whatever the opposite of whoever I copied (thanks host)

I'm assuming that it's a permanent flip though since I get no 2nd chances but no idea how it effects other roles that everyone else may have.

Just working with what I got.

bmin was a coincidence that I chose to copy during pregame. So no wonder you're freaking the poor newbie player out.
Kokizi
unvote

this is so confusing right now
Topic Starter
tastelikecoke
hi guys
I'm not in my comp right now (in UP Diliman, QC), so I can't process the game properly.

EDIT: Me studying how to java in the uni
DeathxShinigami
@host What are your given rules for roleclaiming?

I know the generics but I'm still lost on what the hell my role exactly is.

PM me if necessary.

DxS out.
Mashley
Oh boy, shit's really hit the fa since I last posted... and I don't think anyone actually knows what's going on. Confusedasfuckaaa!
Quaraezha

I'm confused as fuck. Best Mafia Ever.
LadySuburu

DeathxShinigami wrote:

I'm the opposite of whatever alignment of the person I copied and it's my goal for my real host to win. So I'm town/neutral/mafia

DeathxShinigami wrote:

Wojjan wrote:

well then what was your original win condition, before it changed?
I half-win if I killed the person who I copied. That's it besides swapping alignment to other players.

Just a minor change but whew...
The second quote makes it seem like he's stating his new modified win condition. "Just a minor chance but whew..."

I like how everyone is jumping on to kill bmin, when supposedly the only way for DxS to fully win is for him to make the person he copied win.

If you don't get what I'm implying there, I'm saying there's pretty much no chance DxS told us the real person he copied. Even if he did, he still partially wins if we kill bmin first.

Scenarios:

DxS told us the entire truth. - If we lynch bmin first, DxS will half-win (unless the half-win requires him to win with whatever alignment he's become.). If we lynch DxS first, he won't. The game doesn't specify whether or not a win ends the game.

DxS lied about who he copied. - We can't determine bmin or DxS's role from either one's lynch. Best move in this case is lynch DxS and move on.

DxS lied about his win condition. - Could cause any number of problems, including if his win condition is that we lynch the person he targets.

DxS lied about this entire thing. - Lynch DxS.

DxS is jester. - Cry.

I missed a scenario? - Mention it for me please. :D

In summary, I only feel safe lynching DxS out of the DxS/bmin combo. There are too many situations and so much Wifom.
LadySuburu
DBLPOST

DeathxShinigami wrote:

I have no idea how my alignment flips but it seems to be whatever the opposite of whoever I copied (thanks host)

Two other posts which add to the confusion around his role.

DxS either -

flips the opposite alignment(upon death), but is the same alignment in reality.

becomes the opposite alignment(upon copy), and wins fully if his target wins, and partially if he wins with whatever the new alignment is.

other scenario which I can't think of at the moment.
Lybydose
It's also possible that DxS is some sort of Lyncher role, with his selected Lynchee target being bmin11.
intermu
Read the whole thing after I went to sleep. Jesus this is getting complicated.

I don't mind lynching DxS for now.

Although I don't like this post in particular:

bmin11 wrote:

Hey and you guys are ending up killing an innocent while you guys could have taken your chance to kill those bad guys! and your alignment thing isn't confirmed at all! This is suicidal
I have a better feeling from his other posts in general since it has an "I'm town, what the hell are you doing" feeling. Being a newb villager in epicmafia and having a bandwagon on me had me produced a similar smacking of desperation.

I'm not particularly fond on how Wojjan emphasizes the mislynch thing. We probably can afford a few mislynches, but it's not like we actually *have* to mislynch. It's better not to. I thought after lurking the last game in here he'd be quick to think of the situation the other way around (lynching DxS, finding out bmin's affiliation after) and not straight-out lynching bmin and saying "Yeah, we mislynched."

Sorry, edited for typo just now. :\
adam2046
I would like to ask why you picked your role DxS.
Lybydose

adam2046 wrote:

I doubt he picked his role specifically, he just PM'd a person/place/thing/abstract concept that he liked and was given his powers.
Rantai
Ick I didn't consider his win condition might simply be getting his target lynched. Hmm looking at the possible scenarios from LadySuburu it does look like this situation could swing in any direction.

Unvote until this mess is sorted out.
Firo Prochainezo
This is so confusing and I'm fondly suspicious of DxS's role and he, like LadySuburu said, might be a jester. I don't see the reason why DxS copied bmin other than confusing the fuck out of us. I'll still wait and see what happens.
adam2046

Lybydose wrote:

adam2046 wrote:

I doubt he picked his role specifically, he just PM'd a person/place/thing/abstract concept that he liked and was given his powers.
I know, I want to know why he chose that in particular.
LadySuburu

Firo Prochainezo wrote:

This is so confusing and I'm fondly suspicious of DxS's role and he, like LadySuburu said, might be a jester. I don't see the reason why DxS copied bmin other than confusing the fuck out of us. I'll still wait and see what happens.
I consider jester the least likely of the possibilities. It's still a possibility, but seems somewhat unlikely.
NoHitter
Wow DxS's role is very ambiguous...
Can you clarify, DxS, what do you mean by you role?
1) You copy someone and get their power. Your REAL alignment won't change, but if someone else CHECKS your alignment, it would be opposite of the one you copied.
2) You copy someone and get their power. Your REAL alignment won't change, and if someone else CHECKS your alignment, it would be the same of the one you copied. '
3) You copy someone and get their power. Your REAL alignment will change to opposite of the one you copied.
4) You copy someone and get their power. Your REAL alignment nor CHECKED alignment changes.
5) Something else

I think someone along the messed up explanations, his role is one of the four.

Edit: Spell checking sucks :/
Firo Prochainezo
You copy someone and get their power. Your REAL alignment will change to opposite of the one you copied.
From what I understood, I think he meant this.
Topic Starter
tastelikecoke
bmin11 was lynched.

Night 1 started. Everyone stop talking.

Flavor later. Result comes when Night 1 ends.
adam2046
Deadline is Sunday noon GMT. 50 Hours, to be exact.
Did I miss something?
Topic Starter
tastelikecoke
Stop talking game-related!

Reasons coming soon.
Topic Starter
tastelikecoke
Forgot the votals:

1 - Mashley (NoHItter)
1 - Quaraezha (adam2046)
1 - Wojjan (Mashley)
3 - No Lynch (bmin11, Firo Prochainezo, DeathxShinigami)
2 - DeathxShinigami (dkun, Lybydose)
1 - adam2046 (LadySuburu)
2 - bmin11 - (Wojjan, Quaraezha)

In the middle of the park, a group of people were discussing about lynch candidates.

"So who shall we lynch..."

"Is it him? He looks like a shady guy."

"Hey! I'm not shady, I just like shades, that's all!"

"I second the motion!"

While talking furiously in the lynch decision, A sound similar to a sack falling down while attached to rope was heard behind.

They saw bmin11, with his head tied on a rope, which tied on a horizontal pole, which is attached to a vertical pole, which is rooted to the ground, about 13 feet high.

"What the hell? I thought we lynch democratically?"

"Well, I was also interested in communism, so that's fine."

To reiterate, bmin11 was lynched.

"So, Is it night already?"

"The Humanoid Moderator Interface is having Network Paradigm Entanglements in the wrong Schwarzschild wormholes. The moderator can't dissipate the information entropically, so I am trying my best to make it work again."

"Ok, so what happens now?"

"Let's talk about religion!"

The merry citizens of Townland started talking about religion until everyone fell asleep. Soon the sky was bathed by million stars, and from blue it turned darker and darker until it was Night (night delayed because of internet connection).

Then, a distinct sound was heard-

"Hssssssss-"

Night has officially begun.

You can now submit your night actions.

Results of the lynch will appear after the end of Night 1.

edit: So yeah, everything will be revealed later.
Topic Starter
tastelikecoke
UPDATE: Still waiting for night actions. If your night actions were not submitted by 24 hours, you will lose control of your night actions.
Topic Starter
tastelikecoke
As the sun rose from the horizon, the sunlight peered into everyone's windows.

A diner at two blocks opened their television. A psychology show was in the timeslot. It was hard to figure out what they were talking about, but some words like "The Dunning Kruger Effect" and "T-T-T-Triple Kill!" stands out in the conversation.

FIRST BLOOD: The Dunning Kruger Effect is dead. It is Wojjan. Alignment Town.

The diner's manager got bored, so he clicked the remote and flipped it in to some anime channel. Episode 8 of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann was playing.

Kamina is dead. He is Quaraezha. Alignment Town.

The episode was then interrupted by urgent news. The news anchor wiped her sweat dripping from her disheveled hair.

"Rebecca Black, known for her hit single "Friday," died in a tragic car accident while loudly trying to decipher which seat of the car she should sit in. Both her and her producer Patrice Wilson were killed instantly in a head-on collision. "

Rebecca Black is dead. She is Mashley. Alignment Independent.

"In other news. The Whole phylum Tardigrada went extinct according WWF. Tardigrades are able to survive in extreme environments that would kill almost any other animal. It was a surprise to every scientist how did the mass extinction happen. 'They just, disappeared.' according to Adam et al (2046)..."

Tardigrade is dead. It is adam2046. Alignment Town.

"This just in: Local spirit healer and worship leader found dead on some back alley in New York, NY. According to the police it was probably an assasination by the business big player Phari C. Inc...."

The Messiah is dead. He is dkun. Alignment Classified Information.

After the news was over, a commercial of Justin Bieber's world tour appeared. The manager of the diner instinctively flipped the channel to Discovery channel. The show was Man Vs. Wild, but the faces were not familiar in this case.

"Bear Grylls, our fellow comrade, went to an expedition to Panau island. He was officially declared missing.... uhh... *sob*... uhh... One informer said that he was caught in the crossfire of the Panauan government and a terrorist named "Scorpio". No body was found however. Let's pray from Bear Grylls, everyone."

Bear Grylls is dead. He is bmin11. Alignment Neutral.

The manager sighed. What an eventful night he thought. Several customers entered the door, and the busy day started again.

Day 2 has officially started. You can talk now.

Kaiba has informed me that no lynch was unfair and it should be illegal, like how mentioning death in 4kids is illegal.
I replied: "You read the rules, didn't you?"
"Screw the rules I have money!" he said in a cliche way.
He made an offer I can't refuse.

Rule 4 is re-amended:
4. No lynch is not fine. Lynch will be by majority. If no majority occurs after the deadline, the player with the most votes is lynched. If voting ends up in a tie, a random player would be lynched.

As a result, this game now has slight bastardry, :( though I guarantee that it is for balance reasons.
LadySuburu
17 -> 11 from D1 to D2.

What is this I don't even.
0_o
holy crap

also inb4 dkun comes back in 3 days
0_o
mod: Could you separate the living/dead players in the OP?
DeathxShinigami
I'm neutral now?

Wow...

I guess everyone knows what I am!

but in all seriousness who's still around?
Topic Starter
tastelikecoke

0_o wrote:

mod: Could you separate the living/dead players in the OP?
The second post shows the dead players list.
show more