forum

Weird problem, should I change my tablet habit?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Disregarded
Hi guys,

I've recently come back from a one year osu break (although i never played that much to begin with!), and in order to get rid of some rust, I decided to convert some of my old Jump training maps which were 4 stars to cs7 to get some good aim. It went pretty fine, until I discovered I had gained the habit of tapping on my tablet whenever there are jumps for aim accuracy (with mouse buttons off)

I was always a hover player and did drag for a period of my short career, but now I have this weird problem of tapping my pen every jump (just hover on sliders). I'm pretty sure it helps with my aim but sometimes when the going gets tough and there is a long period of jumps, I might even end up just straight up dragging on the tablet. I feel as though being a hover player is better than a dragger, but the question is should I fix this problem and will it hinder me??

i have recently full comboed a couple of 5 star + maps which I previously wasnt able to do using this habit of mine, but sometimes I just cant help but feel its holding me back (as speed is one of my weaknesses, as well as cross screen jumps... in fact im not good at many things upon returning ESPECIALLY MY ACC)

I think it might make some consistency issues and whatnot, but shud I really take the effort to become a hover player and force myself to hover or just keep going with my style?
and should I tap during every jump? because right now Im trying not to tap but my hand is doing it unconsciously. I still use the x and z keys as usual though and im not looking to turn my mouse buttons on and use the tablet to hit circles.

Anyways enough about this, noone wants to read long text so im just looking for some advice :) :) :) :D :D
JonQuy
To hover or not doesn't really matter, and tapping the pen should be fine as well assuming it doesn't hinder your aim, e.g. causing your cursor to jump when you touch the tablet.
Topic Starter
Disregarded

JonQuy wrote:

To hover or not doesn't really matter, and tapping the pen should be fine as well assuming it doesn't hinder your aim, e.g. causing your cursor to jump when you touch the tablet.
Idk hovering is faster than dragging and alternating between hovering and dragging during a beatmap definitely isnt ideal xD
Aruvenn
I have this weird habit of tapping the tablet when there are some patterns of jumps too, and I don't really know why I do that. I find it pretty useful for square jumps patterns, it really helps me to have a better accuracy on these.

Try to force yourself to hover until it becomes a habit, maybe?
Sayorie
I mix hovering and dragging and I think that's optimal for me. Just play more and get used to your playstyle. Don't force stuff you don't like, unless it is clearly unhealthy (like playing NF only or stuff like that).