forum

Help with the "API"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
painfulbunny
Hi, recently i have stumbled across a rainmeter osu! stats extension, on the devianart page it says that you have to request for an "API", i've found the page and everything and i've also read through the wiki on it but i don't understand what i have to do. With the "Application Name" what am i suppose to put? Should i just put "osu! Stats" or something? Also, sorry if this is in the wrong place, i didn't know where to put it.

Link: http://cadr10.deviantart.com/art/osu-stats-543424886
Starrodkirby86
Hi hi,

It's OK, man. I guess this kind of question could actually belong in the osu! rainmeter thread over here, which recently seemed to have gotten more exposure thanks to the subreddit. Otherwise, the general help forum over here is never wrong.

Anyway, feel free to request an API key and put whatever you want for your project intentions. I mean, you can just write, "osu! rainmeter" for now though. Manually opting in is just an important formality that can help analyze and see who's using the API and keep things relatively OK. So yeah, just proceed, and then you'll get the API key. Then put that in the configuration .ini for the skin. :p
Topic Starter
painfulbunny

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Hi hi,

It's OK, man. I guess this kind of question could actually belong in the osu! rainmeter thread over here, which recently seemed to have gotten more exposure thanks to the subreddit. Otherwise, the general help forum over here is never wrong.

Anyway, feel free to request an API key and put whatever you want for your project intentions. I mean, you can just write, "osu! rainmeter" for now though. Manually opting in is just an important formality that can help analyze and see who's using the API and keep things relatively OK. So yeah, just proceed, and then you'll get the API key. Then put that in the configuration .ini for the skin. :p
Thank you very much, sorry about this didn't really know if i should have done it in the rainmeter thread, didnt look active and i forgot that this was the Beatmaps section.
Starrodkirby86
Yeah, it's kind of dead... I think with good manners and if you've done any searching in case a question or thing has already been asked about it, it's not a bad thing to do. :p
Topic Starter
painfulbunny

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Yeah, it's kind of dead... I think with good manners and if you've done any searching in case a question or thing has already been asked about it, it's not a bad thing to do. :p
Yeah, i should have done more searching before i made this thread