forum

List of mapping drama

posted
Total Posts
show more
Dawns
haha imagine implying that the more plays your map has the better it is that would be borderline reality denial
Ankanogradiel
G O L D
Mahogany

B1rd wrote:

The ranking people don't just rank maps based on 'quality', they rank maps based on the current gaming meta. High-AR anime map with overmapped jumps? You're golden. Have a map that is creative, niche, or hard to play for casual pp farmers? Prepare for one hell of a fight to get your map ranked.
are you salty just because people hate your maps
your maps are actually shit and they don't even capture the essence of "old-style mapping" that you're going for, they're bad even by old standards
Erlkonig
>hey i made map of openig song anime death note 2 of naruto but it is cut 1:30 for tvsize because i want map to get ranked also space betwnn circle is far and its jumping pls rank

>*gets DQ*

>OMG STOP CIRCLEJEKKINGG
Shiirn
Mapping drama?

Oh.
N0thingSpecial

Shiirn wrote:

Mapping drama?

Oh.
The man himself tips fedora
Ephemeral
none of you know who ketchup is or was. evans probably means nothing to you. who the fuck is alace? what's a pasonia?

you have NO idea what mapping drama is
roshan117

abraker wrote:

I think I have created the best thread OT have seen in a bit more than a week
you triggered my waifh eph this isnt gut at ahl
B1rd
I really like pasonia's maps. I've played a couple of alace's maps as well.
winber1
bring back alace 2017
Liiraye
Ah you think you know mapping drama? You merely adopted the drama.
I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't rank a map until I was already a BAT member...
Kyubey
winber1

Liiraye wrote:

Ah you think you know mapping drama? You merely adopted the drama.
I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't rank a map until I was already a BAT member...

newgen scrub
Akiyama Mizuki
List of mapping drama drama
ColdTooth

Mahogany wrote:

B1rd wrote:

The ranking people don't just rank maps based on 'quality', they rank maps based on the current gaming meta. High-AR anime map with overmapped jumps? You're golden. Have a map that is creative, niche, or hard to play for casual pp farmers? Prepare for one hell of a fight to get your map ranked.
are you salty just because people hate your maps
your maps are actually shit and they don't even capture the essence of "old-style mapping" that you're going for, they're bad even by old standards
To be fair, he makes a good point here. Sorry maho
nibs
im replying to this so in 20 years when i have children i can tell them i participated in a osu! forum thread
Railey2

Ephemeral wrote:

determinism is just as ridiculous as spiritualism
whoa
HOLD ON THERE
Dawns

Ephemeral wrote:

none of you know who ketchup is or was. evans probably means nothing to you. who the fuck is alace? what's a pasonia?

you have NO idea what mapping drama is
EPHEMERAL TELL ME THIS WAS A REFERENCE TO THE SONG
Izzywing
It is my personal opinion (mine alone, this is not representative of my institution) that maps should be ranked upon being submitted, to avoid as much drama as possible. I have personally submitted a request to peppy for this change, no response yet. I'll keep you guys informed!
Weber
yeah

galo sengen
Akali
6 months ago This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on July 30, 2016 at 1:00:55 PM
Artist: Ata Title: Euphoria Tags: ata_kuso Infinite Potential Album hi-tech Hardcore Fullon darkpsy psytrance psychedelic trance BPM: 190 Filesize: 10425kb Play Time: 02:51 Difficulties Available: Gate Guardian Deathstream + Technical Stream (6.05 stars, 1026 notes) Juggernaut 285bpm Tap jumps (8.06 stars, 304 notes) King's & Elite Soldier Deathstream + Technical Stream (6.16 stars, 416 notes) Queen High Spacedstreams (7.12 stars, 412 notes) Ultimate Power (8.3 stars, 2357 notes)
Download: Ata - Euphoria
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing

Welcome to The Euphoria
Image - W A R N I N G - Image THIS MAP CONTAINS DEATHSTREAMS, DEATH JUMPS, SPACED STREAMS, AND HIGH BPM TAPPING PATTERNS
Section 1 00:00:502 The Starter -> this beat is slow and you can play this without any problem
Section 2 00:41:713 Gate Guardian -> intense pattern with low spacing, this is the gate about how you fast you can tap 01:00:660 Gate Defense -> intense Deathstream with middle-high spacing, if you can pass this your tenacity skills is good to go 01:28:450 Gate Entrance -> now you can play Technical stream pattern with some slider jumps, this is probably needs high reading and aimstreaming skills 02:01:292 Soldiers -> the stream patterns start attacking you, be careful because this parts has lot of stacks overlaps and complex stream patterning
Section 3 02:51:818 Runaway -> after you defeat the notes, you have to run to King's Lair and you have lot of rest time to take back your stamina, some tapping patterns in last part of this
Section 4 (Final) 03:00:660 Juggernauts -> The King should not defeated by you!, there is really strong guardians waiting for you, Strong tapping and aim skills is really needed 03:42:344 post-Jaggernauts -> oh you defeated this? so amazing, but that just to make you weaker to defeat the king, you can rest for a while in this part 03:47:397 Kings Soldiers -> after defeated jaggernauts you must defeat much deathstream again to kill the king 04:02:555 Elite Soldiers -> this is more harder than common soldiers, so many High spaced streams and high distance jumps 04:32:871 The Queen -> You shall not pass! you can't touch the king! 05:13:292 The King -> pls don't kill me :<, this is last pattern if you defeat all Soldiers you can defeat the king and you defeat this map
you complete the Euphoria map!
your Accuracy indicates how much destruction you've made on this map
~0% = you just an unarmed civilian ~10% = you're just only bandits ~20% = you just make big trouble for euphoria ~30% = you so bad harming the gate ~40% = soldiers and the weak dies because you ~50% = that's a big deal ~60% = at least the map can survive and kills you ~70% = help, intruder! ~80% = a warrior with good skill brave to defeat the king ~90% = you almost kill all soldiers, some of them escaped ~100% = Totality, you defeat all guardians and soldiers and everything in here. You're a Brutal Beast!
Dawns
Topic Starter
abraker

Hobbes2 wrote:

It is my personal opinion (mine alone, this is not representative of my institution) that maps should be ranked upon being submitted, to avoid as much drama as possible. I have personally submitted a request to peppy for this change, no response yet. I'll keep you guys informed!
But the point of modding is for someone else to proofread your map before you hand it in to the crowd. The drama resulting from it is equivalent to grammar nazis arguing over whether to a comma is, really needed to be in a sentence or not
KatouMegumi

Dawnsday wrote:

Shoo. Rapid fire.
Artorias_DELETED
toasting on epic bread
Topic Starter
abraker

Artorias wrote:

toasting on epic bread
Salted, flamed and roasted
johnmedina999

abraker wrote:

But the point of modding is for someone else to proofread your map before you hand it in to the crowd. The drama resulting from it is equivalent to grammar nazis arguing over whether to a comma is, really needed to be in a sentence or not
You forgot a full stop at the end of your sentence, sir.
Zain Sugieres
what is this thread even
-kevincela-
why don't my maps have drama
Rasmus the OG
why map when you can just edit the ar of a map and call it yours
Railey2

Hobbes2 wrote:

baiting
johnmedina999

Hobbes2 wrote:

It would be interesting to see a system where every map was ranked, and if it was found to be low in quality (i.e., against the ranked requirements), it would be graveyarded. However, this would cause even more drama as people would start pumping out PP maps like a water from a hose. And if they are graveyarded, the PP earned would have to be refunded, which would cause extreme anger in the community.
Nitrous

Volvo pl0x wrote:

why map when you can just edit the ar of a map and call it yours
winber1

-kevincela- wrote:

because they are objectively bad :^))))))
Arusamour

winber1 wrote:

-kevincela- wrote:

ohmygod
FriendoFox
all of every of this is pure solid gold with a shining clean surface so shiny it can burn your eyes with the mere reflection of a flashlight
-kevincela-

winber1 wrote:

-kevincela- wrote:

but that would mean my maps would be causing drama if they were ranked... maybe that's the reason why it takes me so much time to rank them :thinking:
Topic Starter
abraker

johnmedina999 wrote:

Hobbes2 wrote:

It would be interesting to see a system where every map was ranked, and if it was found to be low in quality (i.e., against the ranked requirements), it would be graveyarded. However, this would cause even more drama as people would start pumping out PP maps like a water from a hose. And if they are graveyarded, the PP earned would have to be refunded, which would cause extreme anger in the community.
so almost like ripple?
johnmedina999

abraker wrote:

ripple
Sorry, I'm not familiar with that game. But if it works for them, I would like to see it in action. Anything where the community uploads something to a centralized server must have quality control. But the situation Hobbes2 suggested would be absolutely chaotic the way I see it.
Topic Starter
abraker

johnmedina999 wrote:

abraker wrote:

ripple
Sorry, I'm not familiar with that game. But if it works for them, I would like to see it in action. Anything where the community uploads something to a centralized server must have quality control. But the situation Hobbes2 suggested would be absolutely chaotic the way I see it.
It doesn't have quality control. I quit after chugging down a couple 4k 7 star maps down my throat, giving me 500pp or so each. No point in playing for numbers after that.
show more