forum

List of mapping drama

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
abraker
Fuck the 5 minute marathon thing. I want to map one difficulty, pour all my love and hard work into it and be proud of that one baby. Unfortunately, 4:24 needs to have 2 more difficulties. It took 1.5 months to map a 4.67 star map that long. I have work, I have a life, and I can't be bothered with making more than that. I can't be bothered mapping more than one diff of anything long than 2:30. I'd rather complain about the lack of ranked maps than waste my time doing this.

Oh hear this:
  • Newbie: Will you map this for me?
    Veteran: Read rules, map it yourself
    Newbie: ok...
    <later>
    Newbie: I made a new map! Wanna play it?
    Veteran: Your map is cancer. Why are you mapping 9 stars?
    Newbie: <sad face>
    <later>
    Veteran: Not bad, you should go for rank!
    Newbie: okai ^_^
    <later>
    Newbie: It took my daytime job and my first born, but the full difficulty spread for a 4:30 map is finally complete!
    Veteran: Nice here is a star. Go get mods
    Newbie: oh ok... ^_^
    <later>
    Newbie: Nobody wants to mod my map. They are all busy!!! >_<
    Veteran: Gotta looks some more
    Newbie: :cry:
    <later>
    Newbie: Map is ranked. Took like a year. Lost my brain in some drama over a slider, but it's ok now
    Veteran: Sweet. How much pp does it give?
    Newbie: Maybe 200 on DTHR
    Veteran: Eh ok...
    Newbie: ... so I... uh rank more maps?
    Veteran: ye ye, we always need more maps!
    <later>
    Newbie: Ranked a new map!
    Veteran: OH HO pp shower!
    Newbie: Yay!
    Others: "Fucking pp map" "oh pp" "pogchamp cookiezi 900pp"
    Newbie: Wow I like people liking my map. People like numbers.
    <later>
    Veteran: So it looks like you are having so such a fun time mapping
    Newbie: Yea, people like these jumps for some reason, so I make some more of them here and there
    Veteran: Your maps are all jumps. How about some interesting sliders here and there?
    Newbie: I learned this is a numbers name not a rhythm game
this is a numbers name not a rhythm game

/satire
/rant
Blitzfrog

abraker wrote:

Fuck the 5 minute marathon thing. I want to map one difficulty, pour all my love and hard work into it and be proud of that one baby. Unfortunately, 4:24 needs to have 2 more difficulties. It took 1.5 months to map a 4.67 star map that long. I have work, I have a life, and I can't be bothered with making more than that. I can't be bothered mapping more than one diff of anything long than 2:30. I'd rather complain about the lack of ranked maps than waste my time doing this.

Oh hear this:
  • Newbie: Will you map this for me?
    Veteran: Read rules, map it yourself
    Newbie: ok...
    <later>
    Veteran: Your map is cancer. Why are you mapping 9 stars?
    Newbie: <sad face>
    <later>
    Veteran: Not bad, you should go for rank!
    Newbie: okai ^_^
    <later>
    Newbie: It took my daytime job and my first born, but the full difficulty spread for a 4:30 map is finally complete!
    Veteran: Nice here is a star. Go get mods
    Newbie: oh ok... ^_^
    <later>
    Newbie: Nobody wants to mod my map. They are all busy!!! >_<
    Veteran: Gotta looks some more
    Newbie: :cry:
    <later>
    Newbie: Map is ranked. Took like a year. Lost my brain in some drama over a slider, but it's ok now
    Veteran: Sweet. How much pp does it give?
    Newbie: Maybe 200 on DTHR
    Veteran: Eh ok...
    Newbie: ... so I... uh rank more maps?
    Veteran: ye ye, we always need more maps!
    <later>
    Newbie: Ranked a new map!
    Veteran: OH HO pp shower!
    Newbie: Yay!
    Others: "Fucking pp map" "oh pp" "pogchamp cookiezi 900pp"
    Newbie: Wow I like people liking my map. People like numbers.
    <later>
    Veteran: So it looks like you are having so such a fun time mapping
    Newbie: Yea, people like these jumps for some reason, so I make some more of them here and there
    Veteran: Your maps are all jumps. How about some interesting sliders here and there?
    Newbie: I learned this is a numbers name not a rhythm game

/satire
/rant
Same dude, except I have a 4:55 map, so right now I just took stuff out to make it 4:30
Blitzfrog
Just wanna put this out there, that mapping is heavily based on aesthetics and space emphasis. So if you do both you can map a 7* and no mappers (not players) will flame too much even if you're a newbie.

I'm new to mapping, mapped a 7*, mostly positive comment right now soo...

here check it out ;) ;)
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/530545
levesterz

Blitzfrog wrote:

Just wanna put this out there, that mapping is heavily based on aesthetics and space emphasis. So if you do both you can map a 7* and no mappers (not players) will flame too much even if you're a newbie.

here check it out ;) ;)
Thats good i got pretty bad pm when i ask for mod
N0thingSpecial

Blitzfrog wrote:

here check it out ;) ;)
UGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH another one

K look positive comments means shit since it only revalidate your presumption that you made something good which doesn't mean the map itself is good
Topic Starter
abraker
I am willing to mod 4k in chat

it's in my profile description

yet nobody pm's
johnmedina999
Alright then.
Ephemeral
proud of u blitzfrog
-Atri-

Unmei Muma wrote:

#TeamPeopleMappingSinceForeverAndStillCantGetShitRanked
Well kinda like me now
Nathan

Ephemeral wrote:

iTT: SUBJECTIVE LUL MEGALUL OPINIONS IN 2017 haha How The Fuck Are BN Opinions Real Just Like Close The Mapping Thread And Walk Away hahahahaha you suck at mapping even though your maps have like 20 million plays i played this game once for 20 minutes and thought it was hard so i have an opinionon your work

Are you fucking kidding me LOL

GRAVEYARD BOYS

take me by the hand BN MAN lead me to the land OF THE MAPS THAT YOU UNDERSTAND

THE CRUST OF A TAN QAT IMBIBED BY THE EXAM soaking up the CREATIVITY OF THE MAPPERS
me too thanks
ColdTooth

abraker wrote:

I am willing to mod 4k in chat

it's in my profile description

yet nobody pm's
I have been making a 4k map actually so maybe I'll hit you up sometime in the future when I'm not stressed by school.
Blitzfrog

Ephemeral wrote:

proud of u blitzfrog
Annnnnd mutual please?

N0thingSpecial wrote:

UGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH another one

K look positive comments means shit since it only revalidate your presumption that you made something good which doesn't mean the map itself is good
Also I haven't received negative comment for zat map dude, I am physicist, I prove through trying to prove myself wrong bruh

Also if you don't know me well enough already, I am powered by hate comments, so be the first, love you 2 <3<3<3
aesu
holy shit
verto

Ephemeral wrote:

hahahahaha you suck at mapping even though your maps have like 20 million plays [u][b]
But the quality of the map isn't the same as the amount of plays it has please Ephemeral you should know better than this.
Anxient
what is this thread and why did i not know of its existence until now.
DeletedUser_4329079
please rank my empty mp3 files
B1rd
The ranking people don't just rank maps based on 'quality', they rank maps based on the current gaming meta. High-AR anime map with overmapped jumps? You're golden. Have a map that is creative, niche, or hard to play for casual pp farmers? Prepare for one hell of a fight to get your map ranked.
CSLM

B1rd wrote:

The ranking people don't just rank maps based on 'quality', they rank maps based on the current gaming meta. High-AR anime map with overmapped jumps? You're golden. Have a map that is creative, niche, or hard to play for casual pp farmers? Prepare for one hell of a fight to get your map ranked.
Agreed
101%
N0thingSpecial

B1rd wrote:

Just be famous and deny any suggestions it's really not as hard as you describe it to be xd
winber1
honestly we're lucky to even have a team. if the world was made up people like me, there would be no ranking system or bn team. realized that i was way too lazy to even mod like 2 maps a month and let myself get kicked in like 2 months after entry LOL

but all matters aside it's kind of a circle jerk cuz no ones cares about you if you are unknown and you map songs no one cares about. my last ranked map was in 2013 feelsgoodman
Dawns
haha imagine implying that the more plays your map has the better it is that would be borderline reality denial
Ankanogradiel
G O L D
Mahogany

B1rd wrote:

are you salty just because people hate your maps
your maps are actually shit and they don't even capture the essence of "old-style mapping" that you're going for, they're bad even by old standards
Erlkonig
>hey i made map of openig song anime death note 2 of naruto but it is cut 1:30 for tvsize because i want map to get ranked also space betwnn circle is far and its jumping pls rank

>*gets DQ*

>OMG STOP CIRCLEJEKKINGG
Shiirn
Mapping drama?

Oh.
N0thingSpecial

Shiirn wrote:

Mapping drama?

Oh.
The man himself tips fedora
Ephemeral
none of you know who ketchup is or was. evans probably means nothing to you. who the fuck is alace? what's a pasonia?

you have NO idea what mapping drama is
roshan117

abraker wrote:

I think I have created the best thread OT have seen in a bit more than a week
you triggered my waifh eph this isnt gut at ahl
B1rd
I really like pasonia's maps. I've played a couple of alace's maps as well.
winber1
bring back alace 2017
Liiraye
Ah you think you know mapping drama? You merely adopted the drama.
I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't rank a map until I was already a BAT member...
Kyubey
winber1

Liiraye wrote:

Ah you think you know mapping drama? You merely adopted the drama.
I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't rank a map until I was already a BAT member...

newgen scrub
Akiyama Mizuki
List of mapping drama drama
ColdTooth

Mahogany wrote:

B1rd wrote:

are you salty just because people hate your maps
your maps are actually shit and they don't even capture the essence of "old-style mapping" that you're going for, they're bad even by old standards
To be fair, he makes a good point here. Sorry maho
nibs
im replying to this so in 20 years when i have children i can tell them i participated in a osu! forum thread
Railey2

Ephemeral wrote:

determinism is just as ridiculous as spiritualism
whoa
HOLD ON THERE
Dawns

Ephemeral wrote:

none of you know who ketchup is or was. evans probably means nothing to you. who the fuck is alace? what's a pasonia?

you have NO idea what mapping drama is
EPHEMERAL TELL ME THIS WAS A REFERENCE TO THE SONG
Izzywing
It is my personal opinion (mine alone, this is not representative of my institution) that maps should be ranked upon being submitted, to avoid as much drama as possible. I have personally submitted a request to peppy for this change, no response yet. I'll keep you guys informed!
Weber
yeah

galo sengen
show more