Sonnyc
Nominated.
Chromoxx
Gratz :D
Haruto
hi i broke the BN post chain lol

Congratulations man <3<3
iYiyo
Loved the song and the map aswell. Really congrats on this one.

pd: Is it normal to almost cry when hearing the preview point??
hi-mei
naxess is going to nuke this
Kyouren
Gratzz!
Myxo
Great map! Congratz :D

another candidate which would benefit from slidertickrate 1.5 existing
Adorn
Ah, played it and love it to death. Great job, and congrats!
Shiirn

this one isn't even visible! omg!

etc

"shiirn don't try to change the ranking criteria to make your purely aesthetically-twitching sliders follow the rules"
"just fucking ignore it like i do"

like seriously, these are more wiggly than cherry blossom's were before i finally nuked them, and had less of an effect on the slider velocity than these did

either admit you're being a hypocrite here or change them
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Those were done for aesthetics. My intention here was not to change or alter the slider velocity.

Anyways, even in your sakuraburst map, I was supporting the idea of making slider velocity changes using slider-nodes rankable, and we did discuss things like that in the ranking criteria council. Your intention of using the technique in order to slow down the slider was why I was against it, because at the time it was still explicitly against the rules. I recommended that you waited a while for the RC to be amended and stuff since we were both in the council and were actively working on finalizing amendments.

Hope that explains things better.
Shiirn
I said multiple times that slowing down the slider was not the intent, and even if it were, the maximum duration of the sliders being slightly slower was 170ms - hardly noticeable by human senses, period. My intent was for the visual aesthetics and the twitching and buzzing. Just like you.

You seem to be going through the exact same process I was doing for my cherry blossom sliders - Going around and getting positive opinions to circumvent the ranking criteria.

In the end, it was decided that I was not allowed to do so in any case up until the ranking criteria was officially changed. And when I heard a certain mutual friend of ours was literally going to stalk my map anyway, I gave up.

The ranking criteria has not changed.

You have no right to actually allow these forward until the ranking criteria is changed, by your own admission. For what it's worth, I think this kind of thing is perfectly fine. It's functional, doesn't fuck with the player, and fits the map. They're good mapping, Brent. But it was determined that no matter how good the technique was applied, it was against the letter of the rule of the ranking criteria, and thus was not allowed.

So again.

Admit your hypocrisy or change them.
Topic Starter
Monstrata

Ranking Criteria wrote:

Slider anchors/nodes must not be used to manipulate slider speeds (whether they are normal nodes or red ones). Using extra nodes to make a slider "wiggle" is usually fine, but using so many that the slider gets scrunched up (which also makes the sliderball go crazy) or become a "hold slider" is abuse of the hitobject's intended use and is not allowed. AIMod (shortcut ctrl+shift+a) will also point out sliders that move in an "abnormal" way, so make sure to check that if you're unsure of a slider.
I'm not going around and getting opinions to circumvent the ranking criteria. Also, maps are judged on a case-by-case basis.
Simply420
Wow this beatmap is awesome, it's timed perfectly, the sliders are creative (especially the last one), and it's just a great song as well. 10/10 would feels again
Okoratu
02:56:277 (1) - even using a skin with sliderends this is a bit more confusing than i thought it'd be or would be intended, especially since all the other sliders are more clear about which direction they go in by having their sliderends moved out more

just leaving this here for reference since obviously now nothing can be done about that, i just thought i'd mention it
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Slider-end path visibility isn't the only way to read a slider's direction on circular slider designs. You can also infer from the position of the slider-end being left of the slider-head that it's very probably not going leftward, because if it were, then the rest of the slider's path is negligible. The logical decision is to move right-ward since going leftward would effectively disregard the rest of the slider. As well, moving leftward, one would instantly land on the slider-end and the player would have to say "well, where else do I have to go?". Just from looking at the slider's length you can also infer that travelling from the head to the tail isn't going to be an instant movement, so you should also expect a longer slider path.

I suppose the counter argument would be "The slider-end is too hidden for such inferences to be made" but I think the slider-end is still quite visibly left of the head. Enough for players to make the inferences above. '

Had a similar discussion on https://osu.ppy.sh/s/518737 this map, since every difficulty ended with a star slider, so I thought i'd just clarify my thought process here.
Okoratu
i needed to replay the diff like 2 times because i broke on it so i thought i'd mention that this is harder to read in comparison to the rest, that's all i didn't really intend to spark a discussion about this kind of thing i just thought i'd tell you so that you can maybe avoid a thing like that in the future where one slider is semi-misleading for some players while the rest arent as ambiguous

also i would've found going either way working, the previous objects to it suggest that either a movement to the right or back down are intuitive, and the slider would go back down if crtlg'd and work just fine

but really i was just stating that i found this one harder to read than all the other ones and stated why i found this to be the case, because its direction is harder to infer due to sliderhead / tail overlapping more than the other ones and in this case both directions would have made sense flow-wise

at this point i've lost track of what point im making lmao
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Flow suggests upward motion after those triangular sliders doesn't it? 3>1's movement is upward, natural movement is to click and continue moving upward. Anyways, on circular-parth sliders, a slider's path becomes more apparently if you take into account sliderhead + slider tail locations, as well as estimated slider length. If the slider is clearly very long, the path from head to tail should also be long too, so you can infer even before clicking on the head, that a path that looks similar to a kickslider's path is probably the wrong path.

I think analyses like this will become more relevant soon, now that we are becoming more lenient with slider paths and better defining burai's in RC.
Bonsai
Elektryo
This map is so good :)
lpavbak
sliders, at the moment with the stars it is not clear which way to start them,
phaZ
now this will be my sakurablossom substitute lol.

nah this is also really great in other ways <3