1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps
show more
posted
any BN, check this map pls! TwT
posted
17:02 *Kawawa is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1186585 Ayaka Ohashi - Wagamama MIRROR HEART [Sya's Easy]]
17:03 Kawawa: sya is who?
17:03 Kawawa: is online?
17:03 Amiichii: Syadow-
17:03 Amiichii: No GD online now rip
17:03 Amiichii: xD
17:06 Amiichii: How about to handle by me for syadow- diff?
17:06 Amiichii: I think he's fine.
17:06 Amiichii: But not for CS diff
17:06 Kawawa: okay.
17:06 Kawawa: btw no need to change.
17:07 Amiichii: oki 'w')b
17:08 Kawawa: I think normal sample volume should be up.
17:08 Kawawa: 5% is kinda low. when players disabled the custom hitsounds
17:08 Kawawa: 20 to 30 is better.
17:09 Amiichii: woki
17:09 Kawawa: woki?
17:09 Kawawa: wonki
17:09 Amiichii: oki
17:09 Amiichii: xD
17:09 Kawawa: lol
17:09 *Kawawa is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1185757 Ayaka Ohashi - Wagamama MIRROR HEART [Normal]]
17:10 *Amiichii is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1185757 Ayaka Ohashi - Wagamama MIRROR HEART [Normal]]
17:10 Kawawa: 00:06:166 - I could not hear any sound on this section like you expressed it as a vocal sample.
17:10 Kawawa: but I think CS' is more exact.
17:11 Kawawa: 00:06:166 - so I also recommend to remove the one.
17:11 Kawawa: what do you think about owo
17:12 Amiichii: hmm
17:12 Amiichii: keep. I think for jump of vocal
17:12 Amiichii: i mapped it in hardert diff
17:12 Kawawa: alright then
17:12 Kawawa: at least it's just a faint
17:13 Amiichii: yeaa
17:15 Kawawa: 01:26:718 - also could add a not here for the cymbal.
17:15 Kawawa: that's it on normal
17:15 Amiichii: added
17:19 Kawawa: okay
17:19 *Kawawa is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1185756 Ayaka Ohashi - Wagamama MIRROR HEART [Mirror]]
17:19 Kawawa: was testing the SV a bit
17:20 Amiichii: ok then
17:24 Kawawa: did you want to avoid the SV formular intionally?
17:24 Kawawa: I mean like keeping 1.3 0.6
17:25 Amiichii: hmm, i think it only for give strong SV
17:25 Amiichii: but if it must use formular i will edit it soon
17:25 Kawawa: yeah.
17:25 Kawawa: 1.3 0.7 is a exact formular how player can feel the distance for the SV without waste things.
17:25 Kawawa: than 1.3 0.6
17:26 Kawawa: 00:34:343 - 1.3 00:34:508 - 0.7 00:34:674 - 1.3 00:34:840 - 0.7. but because chart is simple, maybe it's not a problem.
17:27 Kawawa: up to you that 13 07 or 13 06
17:27 Kawawa: np, It should be 1.3 0.7
17:28 Kawawa: because you used 1/4 SV to 00:40:310 - ~ 00:40:641 -
17:28 Kawawa: I noticed now whole SV's are consistent as 1.3 0.6
17:28 Kawawa: 1.4 0.6 or 1.3 0.7 is better.
17:28 Amiichii: already changed to 0.7x now
17:29 Kawawa: 14 06 also fine. your choicee
17:29 Amiichii: but i confused on here 00:51:249 -
17:29 Kawawa: I know~
17:29 Kawawa: I also already noticed it
17:30 Amiichii: ok well, how about your opinion?
17:30 Amiichii: on that's part
17:31 Kawawa: 00:45:613 (45613|3,45634|2,45655|1) - 00:47:105 (47105|3,47126|2,47147|0) - I think It can't be delayed.
17:31 Kawawa: It's fine 00:46:608 (46608|0,46629|1,46649|2) - the piano synths are delayed
17:32 Kawawa: If you focused them as a vocal for the delay effect, then It should not be.
17:34 Amiichii: Hmm, Actually.I focus to vocal there . but i use piano impact in white line to to make it strongly
17:34 Amiichii: 3/2s
17:35 Amiichii: *3/2s
17:35 Amiichii: Hmm, Actually.I focus to vocal there . but i use piano impact each 3/2s to make it strongly
17:35 Amiichii: nah lol
17:36 Kawawa: hmm well.
17:37 Kawawa: I don't recommend it anyway as my experience.
17:38 Kawawa: 00:50:917 - And you can add at 4 for make it last highlight section.
17:39 Amiichii: added
17:40 Kawawa: 00:50:917 - to 00:52:243 - SV's are bad.
17:40 Amiichii: 00:50:917 - is this SV fine?
17:40 Amiichii: nah
17:40 Amiichii: give me some recommend. I'm mistake uwu
17:42 Kawawa: 00:50:917 - 0.85 00:51:746 - 1.00 And patterns like that https://puu.sh/w2tPJ/baf95b8199.jpg
17:43 Kawawa: 00:52:243 - honestly you don't need to keep note amounts everytime. that will be make a 1/8 trill to players inevitably
17:44 Kawawa: 00:51:829 - And It's unnessary rhythm for the sturucture.
17:44 Amiichii: okay
17:45 Amiichii: 01:02:851 (62851|3) - delete this too
17:47 Kawawa: 01:02:188 - ~ 01:04:011 -
17:47 Kawawa: what do you think about?
17:48 Kawawa: 01:02:188 - 0.85 01:02:851 - 1.00 patterns https://puu.sh/w2u3V/52c34b1ffc.jpg
17:48 Kawawa: just a feed back.
17:49 Amiichii: okay
17:50 Kawawa: or 0.9 also fine.
17:51 Kawawa: let's update.
17:53 Amiichii: okay
17:53 Amiichii: also metadata changed
17:53 Amiichii: alacat checked
17:54 Amiichii: updated
17:55 Kawawa: lemme try
17:55 Kawawa: owo
17:57 Kawawa: cool
17:57 Amiichii: ayy
17:57 Amiichii: thanks 'w'
17:57 Kawawa: btw about delay.
17:58 Kawawa: i will discuss with cs when irc check
17:58 Amiichii: oki 'w')b
17:59 Amiichii: Nah CS online lol
17:59 Amiichii: nice timing
17:59 Kawawa: oh wiat.
17:59 Amiichii: oki 'w')b
18:16 Kawawa: okay
18:16 *Kawawa is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1185756 Ayaka Ohashi - Wagamama MIRROR HEART (TV Size) [Mirror]]
18:16 *Amiichii is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1185756 Ayaka Ohashi - Wagamama MIRROR HEART (TV Size) [Mirror]]
18:16 Kawawa: 00:07:160 - Add at 1. Just a suggetion to same synth with 00:07:492 (7492|0) -
18:17 Amiichii: added
18:17 Kawawa: we discussed about the delay
18:18 Kawawa: and 00:45:613 - this one only should avoid.
18:18 Kawawa: so yeah. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8190391
18:18 Kawawa: what do you think?
18:18 Amiichii: so only delete this 00:45:634 (45634|2,45655|1) - ?
18:18 Amiichii: okay
18:18 Kawawa: yeah like screenshot
18:19 Amiichii: fixed
18:21 Kawawa: waiit
18:21 Kawawa: 00:50:503 - 1.3
18:21 Kawawa: oh.
18:21 Kawawa: nvm.
18:21 Kawawa: it went 00:50:503 - 1.2 00:50:751 - 1.1
18:21 Kawawa: it's fine, I just saw one section.
18:22 Amiichii: okay
18:22 Kawawa: 01:02:519 - not 1.0
18:22 Kawawa: 01:02:851 - I did not say 1.0 here?
18:22 Kawawa: o.o
18:23 Amiichii: haha sorry
18:23 Amiichii: i'm mistake
18:26 Kawawa: updated?
18:26 Kawawa: o.o
18:26 Amiichii: wait
18:26 Amiichii: btw, is CS diff have no update?
18:26 Kawawa: no problem
18:26 Amiichii: oki
18:27 Amiichii: updated
18:31 Kawawa: okay everythings are fine.
18:31 Kawawa: will qualify rn
18:32 Kawawa: no more change?
18:32 Amiichii: ayy 'w'
posted
SV's are Fixed with some patterns.
Gratz, Qualfied!
posted
wagagama owo
posted

tytyds wrote:

Ayam kah oh Ashyuhh - Wah mama ga NGACA HATInya
Alhamdullilah blom buka puasa
waduh lagu karton jebank avenjer reveNGEH kwkwkw gz gz~
posted
sampe sekarang gua ga ngerti judul sama storynya relevan dimananya
gratz mii =w=)b
posted
First, gratz for qualify~

I found an inconsistent sampleset hitsound at 00:00:531 -
Mirror :arrow:
CS' Hard :arrow: the same goes to Normal and Sya's Easy.

And i personally think it would make more sense to use default soft sampleset (S) instead of custom 2 soft sampleset (S:C2) if you guys really want to keep it different with the rest since i can't find the custom 2 sampleset inside this map.
posted
That doesn't seem like a valid point at all:

when there is no sound sample in a certain set, the game simply uses the default.
In this case the S:C2 set is the same as the default sample set (since there are no C2 samples).

What's more is that they used the sample import tool here, so they used the S:C1 anyway where it was needed:
00:08:486 (8486|1) -
00:10:972 (10972|3) -

This is from the HD, as the first screen shows.
Imo there is no problem at all, unless this breaks something I'm not aware of in mania...


That aside tho, there is something that really tilts me in regards of hitsounds now that i checked all diffs:
the NM and the EZ have storyboarded hitsounds on beats that do not match the gameplay. Let me make some references:

on NM:
00:08:818 (8818|2,9066|0,9315|1) - these follow piano, but there are clearly hitsounds matching the drum's rhythm at 00:09:149 - 00:09:481 - 00:09:812 - . It feels like the song is trolling me while playing, since i hear drums and I try to follow their 1/1 rhythm, but surprise surprise: you gotta follow the piano. Isn't that hella strange? Or is this allowed in mania?
Just for comparison, here's a couple of screens:
Same happens on the EZ: where there are no clicks available to put the hitsound sample, the storyboarded ones come into play to fix that.
As long as it is stuff like... simulating a different LN body sound it is fine imo, but when there are cases of hitsounds being played on purpose outside the intended pattern (like the two notes above in the screen) it just doesn't stand right to me, because that's an addition by the map, so I expect it to have pattern AND hitsounds in syncro, not the pattern playing on an instrument and the hitsounds playing on a totally different one.
posted

Dellvangel wrote:

First, gratz for qualify~

I found an inconsistent sampleset hitsound at 00:00:531 -
Mirror :arrow:
CS' Hard :arrow: the same goes to Normal and Sya's Easy.

And i personally think it would make more sense to use default soft sampleset (S) instead of custom 2 soft sampleset (S:C2) if you guys really want to keep it different with the rest since i can't find the custom 2 sampleset inside this map.
Not really, I do not recognize it as a big problem.
It does not affect playable issues. It similar case with a kiai which inconsistent, And It went to passed.
And till 00:13:459 - hitsounds are used directly. That's it.
posted
didn't expect such a fast reply lol
I edited the post above, since I found some concerns too regarding hitsounds
posted

MrSergio wrote:

didn't expect such a fast reply lol
I edited the post above, since I found some concerns too regarding hitsounds
haha, I instantly noticed that you edited it now :roll:
posted
Yea, pretty much only a minor issue, but if the mapper wants to change it to make it neater at least in editor sure then, it's not unrankable to keep it like this since both are the same.

Anyway thanks for the explanation and sorry for the problem that i brought here :)
posted
Thanks all for helping and Support :)
posted
you mania guys really have something with these poor hitsounds lol
I talked with Feerum and it turns out what I brought up in the second half of my post is actually rankable.

The question now is: do we really need a rule to tell you that hitsound feedback is important?
Sorry to say this, but I believe it is common sense to expect feedback from hitsounds and that misleading hitsounding shouldn't exist.
Just because you can do this sort of thing it doesn't mean it is good nor works well at all. All game modes are affected by this rule while mania isn't for some strange reason.

Now I ask you all what are the good reasons to keep those storyboarded hitsounds as they are, because I strongly believe my point about feedback is quite valid in this regard.
posted

MrSergio wrote:

Now I ask you all what are the good reasons to keep those storyboarded hitsounds as they are, because I strongly believe my point about feedback is quite valid in this regard.
OK well. I cant defense my map about this issue.

But this is only one of "MANY" map which have same case. For example this map : https://osu.ppy.sh/b/819893

========================


Left Beginner, Right Heaven(Hardest)

This is the pattern


================

Then this is storyboard HS



================

So if this is big issue which need to DQ should be all of map which have same case already got DQ. But it's not happen.

But well. If this is new rule of hitsounding, i'm ok if this map will got dq.

But I already contact Feerum in discord. He said no need to DQ. But it's still ok if next time he changed his mind.

================

Dellvangel wrote:

First, gratz for qualify~

I found an inconsistent sampleset hitsound at 00:00:531 -
Mirror :arrow:
CS' Hard :arrow: the same goes to Normal and Sya's Easy.

And i personally think it would make more sense to use default soft sampleset (S) instead of custom 2 soft sampleset (S:C2) if you guys really want to keep it different with the rest since i can't find the custom 2 sampleset inside this map.
About this. I'm sorry, I make mistake here. But about this issue, i think it's no make affect to playability. Why?
1. From 00:00:531 - to 00:13:790 - there have no default HS. I mean there not using W,C,F hitsound. So there use soft-hitnormal HS. Then in osu folder, There have no sampleset soft-hitnormal or soft-hitnormal2 so if we play or heard the HS, Should be it same since both using default HS from osu.

2. From 00:00:531 - to 00:13:790 - the SB HS is same. So the HS should be same.

So i think this not give affect to playability or to HS, BUT, It ONLY make the TIMING EDITOR dont neat.

Player only playing not see the editor then. So i think this is minor issue.

Well I can fix minor issue this if this map got DQ in future.


================

So for conclusion, I decide to wait QAT to check it. I already ask feerum and he said "As long the hitsounding sounds correct theres no reason to dq it at all"

If this map should be DQ because Mr.Sergio point, i just want know, why this rule only apply to this map? why this rule not apply to old maps which have same case before this case? If this new rule, I'm OK. But, if this not of new rule, Where is the justice? :'/

If there have another issue which need to DQ i will fix HS issue later.

================

But, thanks for Mr.Segio, I will apply your point to hitsounding map for now. I appreciate it :')
posted
okay how to lower storyboarded samples volume
posted
well, I guess this is not my territory anyway and as always there are old maps that do not respect certain aspects of mapping.
I know this is not the only map, but since we were talking about hitsounds I sort of thought it was worth pointing out.

I am not asking for a change, there isn't even a rule imposing it yet (yeah, let's blame rules because we are automata that can't act on free will :^) )


I was mostly blaming the general mindset, which is totally wrong.
The question is whether you want to side with all the old maps that did something that doesn't make sense or not, not whether the map respects some rule or not, because I'm pretty sure every mapper holds the right to decide for their maps.
If you're fine with it go ahead and keep it.
Just stop seeking the need of a rule to do or not do something, that's lame imo (because you let others think for yourself)


PS: we're talking about your map, don't take other maps as reference
posted
Oki i think problem solved. Let us see this map will directly Ranked or DQ fisrt :)
I will apply your point to hitsounding my map from now :)
Thanks for your atention to this map, I learn something here :)
I appreciate it :)
posted
Congraz here :)
posted

DustMoon wrote:

Congraz here :)
Thanks :)
Please sign in to reply.