forum

suggestions on what i should do next...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
egurimi
I found out recently(today) that i can consistently jump 180rpm on 5* maps(ar9+) although I slip 1 note out of 10
Although i can do sliders fairly well, it seems that if there are any streams on a map(even 3*) I fail at it immedietly.
does anybody have suggestions on maps that i should practice my streams on?
And is there any decent way to not slip notes on 180rpm while making jumps?
Moreover it seems that if i play osu my eye seems to see two of my laptop monitor, is there anyway to reduce the amount of strain done on my eye while playing osu?
My Angel Raphi
I'm not sure of the first two things you said but if you're getting double vision then it could be a sign that your eyes are being damaged. Take short breaks regularly, make sure the screen is adequately bright and don't play with your lights turned off. I know ceiling lights can be annoying but try putting a lamp or something on and shine it towards where you are facing.

But really most of all, I think you should see a doctor and limit viewing of screens.
BL4cKguaRD
Yo, someone told me that streaming is more a "natural" thing, so some people are just better at it and some are just worse. However, everybody can learn streaming I think if you just play a ton of streaming maps and if you are aware of what you are doing wrong (too slow, too fast, wrong mouse movement...) and you work on these things you gonna get better at streaming, that's at least how it worked for me. I still suck at streaming imo but I'm getting better and better and already fc'd like 2 or 3 streaming maps. I don't really know alot good streaming maps but here are at least 2 i have played:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/114392
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/60743

I don't really know about the other 2 things, I have the same slipping problem at jumps but I think this is just alot of practice and it's gonna fix automatically after time.
I don't really know about ur eye problem but it seems as your eyes getting unfocused while playing. If the focus isn't your problem you probably should take a short break then.
I hope this helps at least a bit :)
Topic Starter
egurimi

BL4cKguaRD wrote:

Yo, someone told me that streaming is more a "natural" thing, so some people are just better at it and some are just worse. However, everybody can learn streaming I think if you just play a ton of streaming maps and if you are aware of what you are doing wrong (too slow, too fast, wrong mouse movement...) and you work on these things you gonna get better at streaming, that's at least how it worked for me. I still suck at streaming imo but I'm getting better and better and already fc'd like 2 or 3 streaming maps. I don't really know alot good streaming maps but here are at least 2 i have played:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/114392
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/60743

I don't really know about the other 2 things, I have the same slipping problem at jumps but I think this is just alot of practice and it's gonna fix automatically after time.
I don't really know about ur eye problem but it seems as your eyes getting unfocused while playing. If the focus isn't your problem you probably should take a short break then.
I hope this helps at least a bit :)
Thanks for the map suggestion m8
And while it does seem like my eyes get unfocused it makes me more accurate in jumps and overall accuracy.
Idk why but this happens every time I play osu :/
BL4cKguaRD
Idk but maybe try to focus the specific circle and don't even look at hit circles, this is at least something rohulk recommended, maybe it helps with this problem.
Topic Starter
egurimi

BL4cKguaRD wrote:

Idk but maybe try to focus the specific circle and don't even look at hit circles, this is at least something rohulk recommended, maybe it helps with this problem.
Actually that is what i did to hit jumps in 5* maps...
I think it helps but i still get that double vision :[
PinkNightmares
Play easier maps.
Topic Starter
egurimi

B1oody wrote:

Play easier maps.
But i never improve if i do that
Ive been stuck with 3* for 1month before i actually tried 4*
[Gaia]_old
If you think being "stuck" in 3* for a month is long, you're gonna have a bad time.
Topic Starter
egurimi

[Gaia] wrote:

If you think being "stuck" in 3* for a month is long, you're gonna have a bad time.
Btw, if i S a 5* map i get 150pp or something right
7ambda

egurimi wrote:

Btw, if i S a 5* map i get 150pp or something right
pp isn't everything, stop caring for it
rekhichem
for that double vision thing, I had the same thing while ago , in fact I still experience it from time to time , basically when it happens just stop playing, take a break and go outside (for one hour or so) , try to look at things that are as far as possible from you for like 10~20 minutes ,somewhat it really works , at least for me x)
Topic Starter
egurimi

rekhichem wrote:

for that double vision thing, I had the same thing while ago , in fact I still experience it from time to time , basically when it happens just stop playing, take a break and go outside (for one hour or so) , try to look at things that are as far as possible from you for like 10~20 minutes ,somewhat it really works , at least for me x)
So it wasn't only me huh.
It's not like I don't take rests while playing osu but the double vision seems to happen after playing 10-20minute and it gets worse after that
I hope my eyesight won't go too bad from this :/