forum

keycaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Oppai_Sunpu
Problem Details:

I started to play osu 10 days ago, been having a blast playing, but what i did notice was people using 2 keycaps, is it weird that im only using one? or with time and difficulty going up will i be "forced" to use 2 keycaps? thanks.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20170103.2 (latest)
Kao
aware that you posted in the wrong sub-forum. Please post this in Gameplay & Rankings
  1. For gameplay related help you should post in the Gameplay & Rankings forum instead. This means threads where you're looking for help that aren't issues with the game itself, but rather issues that lie with you, the player. For example looking for tips on how to do certain patterns in a beatmap.
Please read the Rules before posting

A mod will probably move it for you/someone will provide an answer
So don't make a new thread
DeathHydra
Yes
Jukkii
Most likely yes. You will have 3 playstyle options with 2 keys.
1. "Singletapping"
You press all patterns except 1/4ths (maybe 1/3rds too) using only one key. The exceptions as mentioned before are done by alternating between each key (K1-K2-K1-K2 and so on forth). This is to gain more speed and stamina to do them.
2."full alternating"
This is simply always alternating all patterns between each key. Including jumps.
3.a mixture of the two above (half-alternating)
Sometimes fully alternating patterns, sometimes singletapping, completely relying on how you feel like pressing the pattern.
Your current playstyle is called "singletap only" and is inferior in terms of playing to all the other playstyles when it comes to high end maps.
My Angel Raphi
No singletapping is fine, its one of the playstyles used but I think you should try alternating as well, it might work out better for you.
Sandy Hoey

-Jukke- wrote:

Your current playstyle is called "singletap only" and is inferior in terms of playing to all the other playstyles when it comes to high end maps.
The sooner you can become comfrotable using 2 fingers the farther you will go. As you get higher in difficulty, the maps will become to fast to only do with one finger (i.e. Streams and bursts) but as of right now, I think it is more important to just get used to the game by playing more. You will discover your ideal playstyle by doing so