forum

[duplicate] Incorrect Profile Stats

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AnimeAlex321
Problem Details:

I had some maps render as if they were to be scored and I checked every song in my computer and I am getting a glitch of some sort saying I have 2 Ss when I should only have just 1 S. I am also getting a weird rank of a -1 A? what the? These have been glitched for like the past week or two and it is really bothering me especially when others tell me that they check my profile. To have reinstalled osu! and these glitches still remain is beyond me. Please help with this fix.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://osu.ppy.sh/u/4948440 then look at ranks.

osu! version: 20160403.6
Bara-
Reinstalling wouldn't work since it's on the server. I have seen something as this before, let me look it up

Edit: Can't find it ;-;
Kao
Somebody told me the -1 glitch is old.
I'm trying to get more information about that

Update: Go take this a read t/344752
Sleepteiner
I finally figured out the cause for this issue. It is related to the recent change to allow people to be able to submit multiple scores per map. Since that is the case, the thread that Bara- and Kao were referring to is not about the same issue that this thread is about.

When the “multiple score” update happened, there was a glitch where people would be able add too many ranks to their profile stats by setting many different scores with different mod combinations on an individual map. The change log said that this was fixed, which I believed for a while, but, it turns out to only have been partially fixed.

Here is an example of what was fixed and what seems to have been missed: if you get an SS rank on a map and then get another SS rank on that same map, no matter what mod combination used, your SS count will no longer increase because that has been fixed, however, if you get an A rank on a map and then get SS ranks on that same map with certain (most) different mod combinations they will all be counted towards your profile stats. Even stranger, not only will the SS rank count continue to rise in this situation, the A rank count will continue to fall. This explains the negative A rank counts on AnimeAlex321’s profile and more notably on the profile stats for a large amount of current top osu!mania players.

I will now detail the process through which I was able to consistently recreate this issue.
1. Pick an easy map you haven’t played before and get a nomod A rank on it. (Rank counts: SS+0 A+1)
2. Get an SS rank on that same map with HR (I used PF, but I doubt that matters). (Rank counts: SS+1 A+0)
3. Get another SS rank on that same map but this time with DT. (Rank counts: SS+2 A-1)
4. Get as many other SS ranks on that same map with other mod combinations that haven’t been used yet. Not all mod combinations seem to work for this, but most do. I’m pretty sure I used DTSO(PF) and even just the addition of SO counted as another SS rank. (Rank counts: SS+x A-(x-1))

This detail is probably not too important but, I used the Easy and Normal difficulties of https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1180148 to figure most of this out. It is a good map to try to replicate this issue with if you have the time.

If you can’t replicate this issue with the directions provided, I will try to explain it better with another post. If you can replicate it, please post about your success here in this thread. That would help a lot with getting this issue fixed faster. Doing that is important because I really think that this issue should be fixed and the profile rank counts recalculated as soon as possible because anyone who cares about their profile’s rank counts in the first place are going to care about how accurate those counts are.

Thank you for reading my post.

Edit: Eps seems to be one of the most effected by this issue. Check out his rank counts. https://osu.ppy.sh/u/6511370 I will let him know about this thread.
Pouyter
I think that there are 2 main problems with the anomaly ranks count calculation.

The first problem that I think it's fixed when you playing qualified maps now.
When I played some qualified maps then finally I get an A / S ranks count and it would't be add the counts and just keep it original.
Here is my profile ( ExtreIce ) and it can saw my Taiko A Ranks (-1)
I played this map ( https://osu.ppy.sh/b/1138495&m=1 ) in qualified and get A ranks in Futsuu using ( HD,NC ) mods but the A Ranks count is skill keeping 0 then the map disqualified that my A ranks count changed to (-1) ( But finally ranked again )

The second problem that I think it's probably affect by the new Mania PP system.
The new Mania PP system would be calculate by the DT score ( It calculate into PP ) and the highest score ( It calculate into the scoreboard ) in the same difficulties respectively.
Then it's directly to affect the calculation of the ranks count ( And I think that it's not only in the Mania mode ,maybe it's happened in another mode )

This is only my view of this problems, I'm not sure these are the main problems of this anomaly ranks count.
Sleepteiner
Here is a confirmation from Eps about how to replicate this issue:

"The bug is pretty simple. Submit an A or S and then beat it with a SS with different mods. That's how i farmed my negative ranks." -Eps
Sleepteiner
This bug can easily be observed and replicated. It is understandable that this bug wouldn't be top priority, but could it at least be confirmed?
Sandy Hoey
It is confirmed...
t/344752

Please don't triple post, just edit your previous post if no one has responded to you yet
Pawsu

Sandy Hoey wrote:

It is confirmed...
t/344752

Please don't triple post, just edit your previous post if no one has responded to you yet
it's fine to post again if they're updating information and it's been more than a few weeks
Sleepteiner
Please remove this from duplicate and read my main post again.

Sleepteiner wrote:

I finally figured out the cause for this issue. It is related to the recent change to allow people to be able to submit multiple scores per map. Since that is the case, the thread that Bara- and Kao were referring to is not about the same issue that this thread is about.
That issue is old, effects only a handful of people, and has no known cause. This issue is new, is constantly effecting thousands of people, and the cause is known and can easily be replicated. Just because the result looks similar does not mean that the issues are the same.
Dntm8kmeeatu

Sleepteiner wrote:

Please remove this from duplicate and read my main post again.

Sleepteiner wrote:

That issue is old, effects only a handful of people, and has no known cause. This issue is new, is constantly effecting thousands of people, and the cause is known and can easily be replicated. Just because the result looks similar does not mean that the issues are the same.
Ahem t/565518

These replication steps have been given to the devs.
Sleepteiner

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Ahem t/565518
The thread you linked is a duplicate of this one though?

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

These replication steps have been given to the devs.
So what you are saying is that the devs are working on fixing this issue and that they don't need a confirmed thread to remind them? Because at the moment there is no confirmed thread for this easily confirmable issue.

"Same issue, Different cause."

Having a different cause makes the issue different. It's the same result from a different issue. If you fix the issue that is being talked about in this thread, you won't be able to mark that old thread as resolved because it wouldn't have been fixed.

Let's say, hypothetically, someone finds a bug where they can get 200 pp from a play that is supposed to give just 100 pp. Someone else finds a bug where they can gain extra pp from submitting the same 100 pp score over and over again in a certain way. Does the fact that their pp increases more than it should make those two issues the same? Would fixing one of those two issues make the pp system perfect with no need for any other bug threads? No, therefore this thread should be confirmed unless the devs are already working on a fix to this specific issue.