forum

Random Three osu! Tournament #1 30k-90k [Ended]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Redavor

Hello once again- Wait... What? This isn't a monthly? Then we need another opening sentence!

Ladies, gentlemen and aliens that press circles; welcome to the Random Three osu! Tournament! This will take place on the 11th and 12th of February 2017 at 15:00 GMT.

Trying out a team tournament format, with some original (at least I think so) ideas. Hope you'll like it and I'd love to hear some feedback.

Staff
Host: Redavor
Admins: DomenBzo , kristi71111 and oralekin
Mappool selectors: DomenBzo , GuChangeDeWorld , Obilitus and Redavor
Referees: [- Mizki -] , allUGHver , Grassy , Obilitus , oralekin , Redavor and Stedoss
Stream: DomenBzo , ErroTheCube , kristi71111 , kristoffer09 and Rosilius (ONLY 3rd place match and finals will be streamed)

Got enough refs for now, thank you. ^^

Prizes
Prize sheet

Important links
Discord
General spreadsheet
Stream
Brackets
Countdown

Rules
SPOILER
This is a 3v3, Score V2, group stage and a 2v2, Score V2, single elimination bracket tournament.
An osu!standard tournament that is open to all countries globally.
The maximum number of people we will accept is 48 participants. We shall also accept up to 12 backups, as there are bound to be people who will either change their mind or become unavailable. Each participant enters solo, even though this is a team tournament. Participant entry is on a first-come-first-serve basis.
The rank limit you and your team must be within the time of registration to be accepted must be between #30,000 to #90,000. We will allow completely remove the rank limit once the registration ends, but you need to be within it until registration ends, not just at the time of registration. 2,000 ranks either over or under is still acceptable.
Teams will be seeded completely randomly.
There will be two mappools: Group stage is a BO5 (first to 3), brackets quarterfinals and semifinals are BO7 (first to 4) and finals + 3rd place match are BO9 (first to 5). Maps’ star rating will largely depend on your team’s progress to the tournament (roughly starting at 4 stars, to 5.2 stars max.) We will specify which mappool to use in the general spreadsheet.
Schedules are set and WILL NOT BE RESCHEDULED for any reason whatsoever. If you can’t make these times, DO NOT sign up.
Group stage won’t be streamed at all. We will try to get a stream live for the entire bracket stage though. Twitch link is provided at the important links above.
ALL announcements will be made on the Discord server, so we highly advise for you to check frequently for updates happening. EVERYTHING will be posted in the discord, tournament-wise, and nowhere else. Find the link for the server in the important links section above.
We have the option to refuse players who have suspicious account details. Some suspicious accounts may include(s): newly created account with awkwardly high pp growth, weirdly spaced pp plays, and/or accounts with restricted/banned status. We will check player profiles constantly.
All other questions will always refer here as a guide, or ask one of the admins in the Discord server.

Tournament structure
SPOILER
This tournament will be, at it's core, extremely random.
All players that will register will be divided into 3 groups of seeds. High seed, middle seed and low seed.
About a week before the tournament starts, when the registration ends, the teams will be randomly drawn. Each team will be made out of 1 high seed, 1 middle seed and 1 low seed. The selected 3 people in the team, are a team for that one match ONLY and after it go their own ways to another team.
The team captain will always be the person in the group from the high seed group and the team captain ultimately decides what will be played. Another player can be selected as the captain, if all the players of the team agree.
Each team should talk through their strategies before each match; that's why every group stage match has an hour to be completed, even though it's a BO5.
Being in Discord is absolutely necessary; without it, you will NOT receive almost any of the needed information.

In the group stage, this process will repeat 3 times. Every person will play 3 games and from those 3 games, the top 16 players will be decided.
The point system is quite simple, but since there are only three games, there will undoubtedly come to some ties.
First thing to differentiate ties is your collective amount of points. For every map you win in a game, you gain a point. So, in each game, you can get 3 points and 9 is the maximum throughout the 3 games.
You get the same amount of points for winning 3 - 0 or 3 - 2 for example, the only thing that matters is how many points you actually got.
If you have the same amount of points as someone else, you go the 2nd thing, which is the point difference. This is where the amount of maps you lost matter. Let’s say you won 3 - 1, you get 2 points. Let’s say you lost 2 - 3, you get -1 point. Understand?
The differences of all three games combined is what matters, so a maximum of 9 and a minimum of -9.
If you are tied on both things, then the 3rd thing comes to hand, which is the amount of your actual match wins.
The amount of games you have won, completely, so a maximum of 3 points. if you lose, you simply don't get a point, you don't get a lowered score.
If you are tied with these 3 things, the 4th rule comes to work; tiebreakers. If you reach a tiebreaker within your game, everybody on your team and the opposing team automatically gains a point. The team that emerges victorious in a tiebreaker instead receives two points and the losing team still keeps their 1 point. So, a maximum of 6 points in the tiebreaker section and 0 as the minimum.
And if you are STILL tied after all this, it simply gets decided by the locked in rank at the end of registration. The higher you were, the better for you. If you’re not high on the participant list, you’re just going to have to fight harder.

After 3 games, the top 16 players will be randomly put into teams of 2, so 8 teams. And those 8 teams fight for the win on the next day in a normal, single elimination tournament.
The group stage will be a BO5, quarterfinals and semifinals will be BO7, finals and 3rd place match will be BO9.

If a player is NOT present at the time of the game, we must make some changes. This only applies to group stage.
The team that has more players (the team that has all players present, or the majority of them) decides which players from their team are going to play. The team decides who will play the match and they ARE allowed to swap members, in the case of a 2v2 or 1v1. 1v2, 1v3 and 2v3 are not allowed under any circumstances.
The player that did show up and was selected not to play, because the other person didn't show up, still receives points their team won for them.
The player that didn't show up is immediately disqualified, even if they show up for a game before or after the one they missed.

If an entire team doesn't show up, the other team receives points equal to a 3 - 0 win.

Match structure
SPOILER
The group stage matches will not include referees, but will depend entirely on the players themselves. The players must do everything on their own and have their freedom. The only thing they MUST do, is report the match results with the multiplayer link in the #results channel in the Discord server.

1. One of the players creates the room and invites the other players
2. Both captains !roll for points
3. Loser of !roll bans first map
4. Winner of !roll bans second map
5. Winner of !roll picks first map
6. Loser of !roll picks second map
7. The picking process is repeated until a winner is decided
8. Tiebreaker is played, if necessary

The bracket stage matches will ALL include referees. The referees will create the rooms and invite the teams they are assigned to. The players must join the room at the appointed time and play out their match. The referee will post the result with the multiplayer link in the #results channel in the Discord server.

1. Referee creates and sets the room appropriately
2. Players join and captains !roll for points
3. Winner of !roll selects first warmup
4. Loser of !roll selects second warmup
5. Loser of !roll bans first map
6. Winner of !roll bans second map
7. Loser of !roll bans third map
8. Winner of !roll bans fourth map
9. Winner of !roll picks first map
10. Loser of !roll picks second map
11. The picking process is repeated until a winner is decided
12. Tiebreaker is played, if necessary

Schedule
SPOILER
19.1.2017 Start of registration
3.2.2017 23:59 GMT End of registration
15:00 Start of the tournament - Round 1 of Groups
16:00 Round 2 of Groups
17:00 Round 3 of Groups
19:00 Announcement of teams for day 2
15:00 Quarterfinals
16:00 Semifinals
17:00 3rd place match
18:00 Finals

All of these times are approximates and are not bound to be exactly on schedule. Expect changes.

Mappool
SPOILER
There will be 2 mappools. One for the group stage and the other for the brackets.
The first mappool is made out of 3 No Mods, 1 HD, 1 HR, 1 DT, 1 FM and 1 TB. In the first mappool, one ban per team is allowed.
The second mappool is made out of 6 No Mods, 2 HD's, 2 HR's, 2 DT's, 2 FM's and 1 TB. In the second mappool, two bans per team are allowed.

You can check the mappools here:
Mappools

How to sign up
To sign up, you MUST understand the schedule and abide by it. Failure to show up to your games without prior notice will reward you with eternal mistrust from my side. After reading all of that up there, you must understand what you're getting into AND that you must have 2 days of free time if you wish to play.
To sign up, fill out this form and comment below with it.
[b]Username[/b]
[i]Rank[/i]
[u]Country[/u]

[b]I understand that I will be able to attend all match times, with no rescheduling. I also understand that I must join the discord server and rename to my osu! username in order for my registration to be accepted.[/b]

Unless these conditions are met, your registration will NOT be succesful.

We currently have 48/48 players registered.

We'll take some backups if someone decides not to show. 8/8

List of participants and basically all other info cou yould possibly need for this tournament.

For any and all questions, you can shoot them at me in the comments or on the Discord server.
Shanipika
Ayy i can enter this one!

Shanipika
Canada

I understand that I will be able to attend all match times, with no rescheduling. I also understand that I must join the discord 
server and rename to my osu! username in order for my registration to be accepted.
Misery
[- Mizki -]
#90k
Philippines

I understand that I will be able to attend all match times, with no rescheduling. I also understand that I must join the discord server and rename to my osu! username in order for my registration to be accepted.

tbh Redavor only wanted a sample register from me but I'm not 90k yet
MagBlood
MagBlood
Poland

I understand that I will be able to attend all match times, with no rescheduling. I also understand that I must join the discord server and rename to my osu! username in order for my registration to be accepted.
Topic Starter
Redavor
useless chatter
ErroTheCube
ErroTheCube
Sweden

nikervm
nikervm
Russian Federation

Smehi Senpai
Senpaii Henttai
The Netherlands

Ash Ketchum
Tioners/b]
Iceland

[b]I understand that I will be able to attend all match times, with no rescheduling. I also understand that I must join the discord server and rename to my osu! username in order for my registration to be accepted.
_Zyrenn
_Zyrenn
United States of America

Bissas
Bissas
Norway

Megamikaze
Megamikaze
Korea Slovenia

TomBoBotSer
TomBoBotSer
The Netherlands

PM ME YUR MEMES
PM ME YUR MEMES
United States of America

AziiFox
Crystalsim
USA

Emilily
Haxor
Poland

Topic Starter
Redavor

Crystalsim wrote:

USA

I Guess ill go for it. Ill try not to be late like invitational Lmao.
Check how others signed up and do it properly.
Kira Kira
Kira Kira
United States of America

N o o b
jacobcraft1111
United States of America

jr-stew
Will there really be no ability to reschedule the matches by just a few hours?
Sasuke2g
Itachi2g
Germany

akirakai18
akirakai18
Indonesia

Carron
Carron
Germany

Entropy
wuzzupworld
Singapore

Seunghee
Hiratoki
Germany

Topic Starter
Redavor

stuart101101 wrote:

Will there really be no ability to reschedule the matches by just a few hours?
None.
Niggle
VengefulSimochi
Canada

I understand that I will be able to attend all match times, with no rescheduling. I also understand that I must join the discord server and rename to my osu! username in order for my registration to be accepted
Poguin
Yami Iruka
Lithuania

Dabis
bsurma
Poland

cuddlybattery
Cuddlybattery
United States

Samieus1
Samieus1
USA
I understand that I will be able to attend all match times, with no rescheduling. I also understand that I must join the discord
server and rename to my osu! username in order for my registration to be accepted.
- Marii -
KawaiiNeko
#88,256
United States of America

Imagine Blaze
Imagine Blaze
China/Hong Kong/Singapore

show more