forum

Hiroshi Yamaguchi - Seiankyou Nobles' Quarters II

posted
Total Posts
show more
DarkDunskin
Hi just passing by cause I saw you mapped an Okami Song~

• Easy:
  1. 00:48:169 - This slider reaches out of the play area. Even if it looks beautiful you'll need to change it cause its crossing the HP-bar :(
  2. 01:36:170 (1,2) - You can make these slider look rounder if you move the secon slider pont of (1) to x = 120/ y = 224. Just remove (2) afterwards and copypaste (1) to its former (Ctrl+j/Ctrl+r) position. Don't forget to fix spacing afterwards.
  3. 01:55:934 (3,4) - Same like above. It's better if you move the hole star shaped section a few grids down.
  • Winber's Normal:
  1. 00:14:287 (1) - ^
  • Pereira's Hard:
  1. looks fine :3
  • True Taiko:
  1. looks even better :D
That SB is really beautifull *-*
I want to map an Okami song myself
and I'm planning to make a SB for it too. But I might need your "falling_sakura.png".
Can I please borrow it for that project? I'll show it to you before submitting to osu!~
Topic Starter
Kurowolfe
Woah, thanks DarkDunskin, never thought this map gets a random mod ^w^

DarkDunskin wrote:

Hi just passing by cause I saw you mapped an Okami Song~

• Easy:
  1. 00:48:169 - This slider reaches out of the play area. Even if it looks beautiful you'll need to change it cause its crossing the HP-bar :(
  2. 01:36:170 (1,2) - You can make these slider look rounder if you move the secon slider pont of (1) to x = 120/ y = 224. Just remove (2) afterwards and copypaste (1) to its former (Ctrl+j/Ctrl+r) position. Don't forget to fix spacing afterwards.
  3. 01:55:934 (3,4) - Same like above. It's better if you move the hole star shaped section a few grids down.
~ All fixed accordingly.

• True Taiko:
  1. looks even better :D
~ Thanks!

That SB is really beautifull *-*
I want to map an Okami song myself
and I'm planning to make a SB for it too. But I might need your "falling_sakura.png".
Can I please borrow it for that project? I'll show it to you before submitting to osu!~
~ Sure, knock yourself out X3 And all the best with that mapset!
riffy
Hi

You can ignore it..i'm new mapper..and i'm baka ><

Easy
01:10:758 (3) - should be longer

Winber1's Normal
02:26:993 (1) -new combo here? D: i'm not sure...

thank you for this map <3
winber1
Sorry nothing changed. I wanted that new combo there.

@DarkDunskin, i see no problem with this slide. it doesn't seem to touch the HP bar. maybe your skin's HP is a little bigger than usual? or maybe mine's a little smaller than usual... Seems fine nonetheless.
Topic Starter
Kurowolfe
Thanks Bakari ^w^

-Bakari- wrote:

Hi

You can ignore it..i'm new mapper..and i'm baka ><

Easy
01:10:758 (3) - should be longer
~ Erm, I'm following the strings sound here, so no...
thank you for this map <3
Thanks for playing the maps anyway~ ^w^ That's more important to me
haha5957
[General]
Winber's and Pereira's has Kiai and others don't.. keep them constant?

[Beginner]
00:26:993 (3,1) - Idk why but this gives me somehow weird O.O
maybe http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/221058 ..?
and in case if you did this => Ctrl+R 00:33:346 (2,3) -

[Winbers]

00:22:405 (4) - http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/221060

[Pereira's]

00:25:934 (1,2,3,4) - I don't think this is a good idea O.O
Looks like there are too many copy-pastes O.O..
Topic Starter
Kurowolfe
Thank you, haha5957~

haha5957 wrote:

[General]
Winber's and Pereira's has Kiai and others don't.. keep them constant?
~ Actually I don't want to use kiai for the other maps, which I had made, but I let Pereira and Winber use them as they wished. And I was also given to understand that this is ok, as long as you don't use kiai times yourself. So I'll stick to the kiai-less maps for the time being, unless this becomes a real issue.

[Beginner]
00:26:993 (3,1) - Idk why but this gives me somehow weird O.O
maybe http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/221058 ..?
and in case if you did this => Ctrl+R 00:33:346 (2,3) -
~ Sure! But I stacked 2 and 3 together at the center of the playfield instead, to complement the growing flash a bit later.
winber1
sorry, I want combo 4 to line up with combo 3. Thanks for the suggestion tho.
nothing changed.
Pereira006

haha5957 wrote:

[Pereira's]

00:25:934 (1,2,3,4) - I don't think this is a good idea O.O
Looks like there are too many copy-pastes O.O..
fixed and the copy-pastes still fine on my opinion but this diff old died now lot change everthing patterns, spacing etc.....

ATTACH[Hiroshi Yamaguchi - Oki the Hero (DarkDunskin) [Pereira's Hard].osu]

lot change well Now i won this SS orz

EDIT: OMG WRONG DIFF ORZ HERE thank kurohacker tell me o.o

Download: Hiroshi Yamaguchi - Seiankyou Nobles' Quarters II (kurohacker) [Pereira's Hard].osu

Download: Hiroshi Yamaguchi - Oki the Hero (DarkDunskin) [Pereira's Hard].osu
Topic Starter
Kurowolfe
Changed Pereira's diff and modified SB to go along with the new changes. Also, made some changes with the SB in all the maps (more like standardize).
akrolsmir
Hi, Kurohacker!

AIBat Warnings
These warnings were generated by AIBat v1.0, based on the current ranking guidelines and rules. Some things (like breaks and spinners) can be ignored, but just know that it's generally a bad practice.

[General]
Background:
okami night bg taiko.jpg is 800x600, which differs from the recommended size of 1024x768.
okami night bg.jpg is 800x600, which differs from the recommended size of 1024x768.

[Storyboard]
Codeless SB Elements:
okami night bg.jpg

SB Elements Not .png:
okami night 2 bg taiko.jpg
okami night bg (sb).jpg
sb\bg screen evening.jpg
sb\bg pass.jpg
okami evening bg taiko.jpg
sb\bg screen night.jpg
sb\bg fail.jpg
okami day bg taiko.jpg
sb\okami bg day.jpg
sb\black screen.jpg

[All .osu Files]
General and Metadata:

Inconsistency in EpilepsyWarning:
- [Beginner] : 1
- [Easy] : 1
- [Pereira's Hard] : 1
- [True Taiko] :
- [Winber1's Normal] : 1

Tags:
- Consider adding "Pereira" to all of your tags

Kiai:
Inconsistency in Kiai Times:

- [Beginner] :

- [Easy] :

- [Pereira's Hard] :
Kiai #1: Starts on 00:34:052, ends on 00:59:464
Kiai #2: Starts on 01:41:817, ends on 02:07:228

- [True Taiko] :

- [Winber1's Normal] :

[Difficulty: True Taiko]
Breaks:
You need a break before 02:26:464.

The BG comes out as Codeless here because you've got it in Storyboard Layer 0 with no code. I"m not sure if that line's necessary since you already have it set as the BG earlier under Background and Video Events. Other than that, nothing to worry about in general.

Oh, if you're requesting the okami skin, it might make more sense just to include it since not everyone will have downloaded. That said, it is one of the defaults, so it's up to you either way.

Are you sure you need an epilepsy warning? The SB didn't seem strobe-ish to me at all.

Oh, and one pet peeve I have is that the spinner lacks a center point to spin around.

Let's get started!

[Beginner]
01:19:228 (1,2,3,4,5) - The combo's kind of long, perhaps split into 2
01:31:934 (1) - Drag the center node down one so it curves around (2) better.
01:36:170 (1) - It looks a bit flat if it was supposed to be a perfect circle shape.
01:47:464 (1) - A little asymmetric, move the center node a bit.

Not much to say, pretty relaxing, sliders were visually nice.

[Easy]
00:23:464 (2) - Sliders made with just three nodes like this at an L shape will look pointed and bad; try remaking with 4 or more nodes.

Pretty much fine again, good job.

[Winber1's Normal]
Hi winber!
02:01:581 (1) - Point this in the same direction as (2)?

[Periera's Hard]
00:14:464 (1,3) - These two notes just don't make any sense to me, since they fall on nothing in terms of the music. Remove them?
01:22:228 (1,3) - Same as above

Stylistically, I would have liked to see more sliders and fewer circles on this diff, because right now it feels as though it's separate from the other diffs, and somehow numerous 1/2 beat circles don't seem to fit this music. It's technically fine though.

For the sliders you did use, I feel that creating them out of few points (like 3 for and 4 for ) was somewhat inadequate, turning out things that seemed flatter or more obtuse than the smooth circular sliders of the other diffs.

Overall, the map seems fine. The tempo is a nice change of pace, and the mapping reflected it pretty well. Starred.
Pereira006

akrolsmir wrote:

Hi, Kurohacker!

[Periera's Hard]
00:14:464 (1,3) - These two notes just don't make any sense to me, since they fall on nothing in terms of the music. Remove them? no ;_; because have drums I put 50% slow song and i listen that have drums ;_; sorry no
01:22:228 (1,3) - Same as above ^ No

Stylistically, I would have liked to see more sliders and fewer circles on this diff, because right now it feels as though it's separate from the other diffs, and somehow numerous 1/2 beat circles don't seem to fit this music. It's technically fine though.

For the sliders you did use, I feel that creating them out of few points (like 3 for and 4 for ) was somewhat inadequate, turning out things that seemed flatter or more obtuse than the smooth circular sliders of the other diffs.
have drums i have listen many time so i will keep it and this just is "hard" but i will try something change also if everbody found "overmapped" i just remove them so if i agree you opinion anyway
sorry my suck eng and thank you mod
Topic Starter
Kurowolfe

akrolsmir wrote:

Hi, Kurohacker!

AIBat Warnings
These warnings were generated by AIBat v1.0, based on the current ranking guidelines and rules. Some things (like breaks and spinners) can be ignored, but just know that it's generally a bad practice.

[General]
Background:
okami night bg taiko.jpg is 800x600, which differs from the recommended size of 1024x768.
okami night bg.jpg is 800x600, which differs from the recommended size of 1024x768.

[Storyboard]
Codeless SB Elements:
okami night bg.jpg

SB Elements Not .png:
okami night 2 bg taiko.jpg
okami night bg (sb).jpg
sb\bg screen evening.jpg
sb\bg pass.jpg
okami evening bg taiko.jpg
sb\bg screen night.jpg
sb\bg fail.jpg
okami day bg taiko.jpg
sb\okami bg day.jpg
sb\black screen.jpg

[All .osu Files]
General and Metadata:

Inconsistency in EpilepsyWarning:
- [Beginner] : 1
- [Easy] : 1
- [Pereira's Hard] : 1
- [True Taiko] :
- [Winber1's Normal] : 1

Tags:
- Consider adding "Pereira" to all of your tags

Kiai:
Inconsistency in Kiai Times:

- [Beginner] :

- [Easy] :

- [Pereira's Hard] :

- [True Taiko] :

- [Winber1's Normal] :

[Difficulty: True Taiko]
Breaks:
You need a break before 02:26:464.

The BG comes out as Codeless here because you've got it in Storyboard Layer 0 with no code. I"m not sure if that line's necessary since you already have it set as the BG earlier under Background and Video Events. Other than that, nothing to worry about in general.
~ Yeah, I had used the AIBat myself (quite helpful, in fact ^w^). About the Codeless thing, I can;t remember where I got the advice to include that line, but I do remember that the guy who gave this advice said it helps to reduce SB load when having another BG layer on top. I had my doubts though, but I'll let it stay for a while. If you really feel this is out of place, then do PM me.

Oh, if you're requesting the okami skin, it might make more sense just to include it since not everyone will have downloaded. That said, it is one of the defaults, so it's up to you either way.
~ I am essentially outsourcing this skin as opposed to creating a new one or including the elements inside the song file, which I essentially wanted to do, to reduce file size. We'll see about this first.

Are you sure you need an epilepsy warning? The SB didn't seem strobe-ish to me at all.
~ Better be safe than sorry X3

Oh, and one pet peeve I have is that the spinner lacks a center point to spin around.
~ Hmm, ok. Maybe I'll make a complete spinner set after all (This goes against my comments two mods up /orz)

Let's get started!

[Beginner]
01:19:228 (1,2,3,4,5) - The combo's kind of long, perhaps split into 2
~ Ok, I've split it at 3 and 4.
01:31:934 (1) - Drag the center node down one so it curves around (2) better.
~ Nice catch! Fixed.
01:36:170 (1) - It looks a bit flat if it was supposed to be a perfect circle shape.
~ Well, not really. This was supposed to be a crescent shape, as in drawing the crescent moon. So it's an arc, rather than a half-circle.
01:47:464 (1) - A little asymmetric, move the center node a bit.
~ Moved a tiny bit to the right.

Not much to say, pretty relaxing, sliders were visually nice.
~ That was what I was aiming for. XD

[Easy]
00:23:464 (2) - Sliders made with just three nodes like this at an L shape will look pointed and bad; try remaking with 4 or more nodes.
~ Ok, fixed this one.

Pretty much fine again, good job.

Overall, the map seems fine. The tempo is a nice change of pace, and the mapping reflected it pretty well. Starred.
~Thank you very much!
HeatKai
thank you.

oh god *nosebleed*

inb4 1000th post is a pervert post, whyyyyyyyyy T^T
winber1
Hi, akrolsmir! :3

Fixed that suggestion. Originally wanted the note to point in between the other two notes, but looking back at it, now it looks a little weird lol.

Thanks for mod.

Download: Hiroshi Yamaguchi - Seiankyou Nobles' Quarters II (kurohacker) [Winber1's Normal].osu
wmfchris
<3 meet this nice SB again

no kiai for some diffs?

[SB]
00:26:287 - that black circle like the hitcircle somehow o_o same for 01:34:605

[Taiko] - fine from last checking

[hard]
00:20:640 (5,6) - I prefer clapping on (6) instead of (5)
01:07:934 (1) - clapping here?
just end same as other diff?

[Normal]
00:48:169 (5) - I prefer adding new combo here
01:50:817 (4) - clapping at ending instead of the beginning?
02:01:581 (1) - [Nazi] right 1 grid lv4

[Easy]
01:16:758 (4,5) - as an Easy diff a slider with 2 reverse tick may not be suitable because new players don't know when the slider ends.
same for some sliders after ^ one, this diff sounds in similar difficulty with [normal] orz

sounds pretty good...
Topic Starter
Kurowolfe
Ok, a little late, but I can check the mods now. Thanks again chris!

wmfchris wrote:

<3 meet this nice SB again

no kiai for some diffs?
~ Initially no... but since even you mentioned this, guess I'll have to add kiai to all the diffs. Not the Taiko diff though.

[SB]
00:26:287 - that black circle like the hitcircle somehow o_o same for 01:34:605
~ Yeah, I kinda see that. But I think others can see that it's just an ink pot with its ink reducing as time goes by, so this stays first.

[Taiko] - fine from last checking

[Easy]
01:16:758 (4,5) - as an Easy diff a slider with 2 reverse tick may not be suitable because new players don't know when the slider ends.
same for some sliders after ^ one, this diff sounds in similar difficulty with [normal] orz
~ Changed them, and also at 1:40, though the supposed crescent shape is anything but. Oh well.

sounds pretty good... ~ Thank you
Pereira006

wmfchris wrote:

[hard]
00:20:640 (5,6) - I prefer clapping on (6) instead of (5) no sorry as i don't like and i will keep this
01:07:934 (1) - clapping here? ya and 02:15:699 (1) - add too because I use hitsound consscienty sorry my suck eng
just end same as other diff? ok
thank you mod

Download: Hiroshi Yamaguchi - Seiankyou Nobles' Quarters II (kurohacker) [Pereira's Hard].osu
winber1
I did not change the new combo. However, I fixed the other two. I just wanted that whole melody in one combo (similar to 01:53:464 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - )

Thanks for mod! :3

Download: Hiroshi Yamaguchi - Seiankyou Nobles' Quarters II (kurohacker) [Winber1's Normal].osu
Reiji-RJ
Hai, kuro :3

[General]

1. Maybe use gray color only for SB parts? 00:28:405 - like this.
[Beginner]

1. 00:59:464 (x) - end kiai here
  2. 02:07:228 (x) - ^
That's all. I want to play Okami again ;~;
Beautiful map, rank it.
Topic Starter
Kurowolfe
Thanks, Reiji ^w^

Reiji-RJ wrote:

Hai, kuro :3

[General]

1. Maybe use gray color only for SB parts? 00:28:405 - like this.
~ Yeah, that's the general idea in the first place, but it might raise questions among some modders, so I've decided against it. Happy to see that you understand the idea behind that part though ;3

[Beginner]

1. 00:59:464 (x) - end kiai here
  2. 02:07:228 (x) - ^
~ Oh, didn't notice that. Changed

That's all. I want to play Okami again ;~;
Beautiful map, rank it.
~I'll work hard on it.
ziin
I only checked beginner's sb and taiko's sb. You should make sure the fixes are made everywhere.

[beginner]
26195 - Here you can fade out Okami Night BG (SB) because it's being covered up. Just because you're not "doing" anything with it, doesn't mean it's not being drawn. Fade it back in when you use it again.

[taiko]
First, the taiko backgrounds are stored as jpg. This is a good thing for pictures, but it's very easy to see the compression artifacts on the text (where something like png is suited better). If you still have the original images, I recommend you re-make them all and then storyboard in the text which would be saved ideally as a png file.

The "yuugure" and other icons that just show up, well clearly I'm not seeing the point. For one, they should just be part of the background unless you're doing something with them, or you want to minimize the compression artifacts. The other problem is that you used a blur for a lot of the background, which works well except when the canvas runs out. To make sure that blurs look good, you need to make sure there's at least 1 completely transparent pixel around the image. It's very easy to see the line for the "yoru" and the "shinkou" images.

[periera]
00:14:464 (1) - consider deleting this note whenever you have a stream of 4 or 5. traditional taiko rarely has groups of 4 or 5, and is mostly 3.
00:20:111 (2) - ^ and every instance afterwards.
00:21:699 (2) - clap
01:17:817 (5) - whistle

[winber]
just nazis
01:34:405 (3) - for example
winber1
Pereira006
sorry delay :/

all fixed expect hitsound

thank you mod
DarkDunskin
I'm kind of sad seeing this graved :/
Topic Starter
Kurowolfe
It's because I'm lazy, and almost got kicked out of college for that. Life's priorities.
Still struggling atm, but at least I hope to get this one done with and ranked. *crosses fingers*
Mystica
som nazi mods.

[Normal]
00:29:817 (3) - a little ugly to see
00:41:111 - may add a clap here?
01:33:699 (2) - to follow the sb then change the combo colour here?

other seems fine.
Good map yeh.
Leorda
Hi there

[Storyboard]
* Seems ready! 2.png and ready!.png are unused...
* All keyframe is not snap at tick correctly. Move all the elements to +92ms. To fix this

00:28:405 (SB\ink pot) - This elements was suddenly appear at gameplay. Make a fade in please

[Easy]
01:07:934 (1) - Too much repeating slider can confusing for beginners
01:10:758 (3) - ^

Once you done, forum PM me

P.S. Reminds me of Heartfelt Fancy song
winber1
Sorry, i didn't change anything. I think those things are fine.
Topic Starter
Kurowolfe
Thank you Mystica and Leorda for the mods <3
Though I can't give kudosu to Mystica coz none of the mods are applied, sorry >_<. Thanks for looking though

Leorda wrote:

Hi there

[Storyboard]
* Seems ready! 2.png and ready!.png are unused...
~ Removed, forgot to do it the last time..
* All keyframe is not snap at tick correctly. Move all the elements to +92ms.
~Moved the SB elements manually, since some have offset of +72ms, not 92.
To fix this

00:28:405 (SB\ink pot) - This elements was suddenly appear at gameplay. Make a fade in please
~Ah, ok. Fixed.

[Easy]
01:07:934 (1) - Too much repeating slider can confusing for beginners
01:10:758 (3) - ^
~ Fixed by shortening the sliders and placing a note there instead.

Once you done, forum PM me ~ Will do

DarkDunskin
Funny, seems the Okami OST reminds Leorda of touhou songs in general.

Leorda wrote:

Said exactly the same to my Map too lol.

I hope we can get these Maps ranked until Okami HD is coming, which has actually been revealed today.
I'm so excited right now T-T

I'm gonna shoot some stars at this map when I get some~
Pereira006

DarkDunskin wrote:

Funny, seems the Okami OST reminds Leorda of touhou songs in general.

Leorda wrote:

Said exactly the same to my Map too lol.

I hope we can get these Maps ranked until Okami HD is coming, which has actually been revealed today.
I'm so excited right now T-T

I'm gonna shoot some stars at this map when I get some~
Finally now i can play ps3 Okami HD lol

EDIT!: irc with kurochacker mod

SPOILER
03:25 <kurohacker> : Hey there, Pereira. Need to ask something
03:25 <Pereira006> : hi, go ahead if i find answer lol
03:26 <kurohacker> : It's about the Okami map. Should I seek out more mods, or just wait until Leorda checks it again?
03:26 <kurohacker> : It's been two weeks since I last heard from him...
03:34 <Pereira006> : for my opinion just need 2 more mods and ask leorda check is better because some hitsound and gameplay
03:34 <Pereira006> : or just ask leorda check because this map is 1 year is ready rank imo but is for you
03:35 <Pereira006> : but i think better ask 2 more mods then ask leorda is better for me
03:36 <kurohacker> : well, he did tell me to send a forum PM once I've followed his mods the other day, and I did
03:36 <Pereira006> : well ok can something i mod you diff easy ?
03:36 <Pereira006> : just gameplay if you matter
03:36 <kurohacker> : And I was a little bit worried that he might not like it if I go and seek his help
03:36 <kurohacker> : And sure!
03:37 <Pereira006> : just 2 thinh or 1 i guess lol
03:37 <Pereira006> : 00:30:522 (2) -
03:37 <Pereira006> : end stack is hard for this diff
03:37 <Pereira006> : better if stack with at 00:31:228 (3)
03:37 <Pereira006> : because can be more read imo
03:38 <kurohacker> : Hmm, I don't see any difference, but ok, if you say so
03:39 <Pereira006> : Because end slider stack can be hard read approeach can be happened the newbie player
03:39 <kurohacker> : Wait, I take that back: it does seem more easier to read XD
03:39 <Pereira006> : lol ok
03:41 <Pereira006> : 01:45:346 (3) - add clap on end slider ? if you keep hitsound consistency like you did at 00:37:581 (2)
03:42 <kurohacker> : Oh ya, I missed that. Fixed
03:44 <Pereira006> : the gameplay look good but hitsound is random and some missed
03:45 <Pereira006> : example the 1 kiai part hitsound should be samep 2 kiai part hitsound because the song look like repetive
03:45 <Pereira006> : ho ok
03:46 <Pereira006> : lol i just i try understand you style hitsound
03:46 <Pereira006> : if you wanna keep it is fine
03:46 <kurohacker> : I can revert back to the old hitsounds, I still have the old .osu file.
03:46 <Pereira006> : hooo ok
03:47 <kurohacker> : I'm open for suggestions and ideas, I'm not a good mapper anyway XD
03:47 <Pereira006> : if you open suggestions and ideas then the map will be fun xD
03:47 <Pereira006> : same me i'm noob mapper and modding orz
03:48 <kurohacker> : Lol, you're joking XD You're quite the accomplished mapper
03:53 <kurohacker> : So, any more suggestions?
03:55 <Pereira006> : ups i was see tv orz ,anyway, nope but try re-hitsound consistency you missed them
03:55 <kurohacker> : Lol, ok then. Thanks for the help
03:55 <kurohacker> : Can I kudosu you somehow?
03:56 <Pereira006> : ok i will post
03:56 <Pereira006> : also if you kudosu for me you map will won SP without star
03:56 <Pereira006> : if you read "changelog" lol
03:57 <kurohacker> : Sure, I'll fix the map after your post
Leorda
I don't why Okami song is reminds me of Touhou song DD:

Bubbled
DarkDunskin
Comeee ooooon!
Someone should finally rank it T-T
Suzully
Epic map. Ranked~
Nymph
wow this map is really old I remember I mod this long time ago o.o
HeatKai
grats KURO !!!
FOR YOUR FIRST BEATMAP RANKED!
IkkiMinami
:)
Pereira006
YES !

CONGRATZ KUROHACKER !
winber1
whoa LOL

i haven't even looked at my map for like 2 months, and this gets ranked. LOL LOL LOL

BUT CONGRATZ!
show more