forum

SOFT2: osu!mania FFA Tournament - Winner: cheetose!

posted
Total Posts
show more
[Distant]

-Konner- wrote:

Okay i have updated the participants list again. If anyone is missing, please let me know unless you're a stupud person.

Also where all the Koreans at? Japong??? -superior force- where? ;w;
next update when *^*
-Konner-

TheDistantNeko wrote:

next update when *^*
At this point i'm just waiting for sign ups to close.
JumpingFox
I would like to join to Soft2 Tournament <3

Username - MilkingFarmer31
Country - Croatia
Timezone - UTC +1 Hour
I am Able - 4pm - 2am (Weekend Only)
[Distant]

-Konner- wrote:

TheDistantNeko wrote:

next update when *^*
At this point i'm just waiting for sign ups to close.
ahhh c:

k
-Konner-

Soul Evans wrote:

Username: Soul Evans
Timezone: UTC +2
Availability: anything after 12 am is fine
You do realise that 12am is midnight right?
Illya X Ram Li
I'm waiting for the turney :>
Topic Starter
juankristal
Sign ups are now closed. We will update the thread with all the participants this night. Hope to see you all tomorrow for the first stream of soft 2 at 16UTC.
Illya X Ram Li

juankristal wrote:

Sign ups are now closed. We will update the thread with all the participants this night. Hope to see you all tomorrow for the first stream of soft 2 at 16UTC.
When ?
-Konner-
Sunday the 12th (today in UTC)
Niko-nyan
i thought it was 1h and 20m ago
-Konner-

Niko-nyan wrote:

The sign ups closed then. The first stream of the tournament is at 16 UTC. We're going to do an introduction to the tournament + qualifiers showcase.

Also, if anyone notices that anyone is missing from the participants list. Please let me or Juan know about it.
jvincent0321

-Konner- wrote:

Niko-nyan wrote:

The sign ups closed then. The first stream of the tournament is at 16 UTC. We're going to do an introduction to the tournament + qualifiers showcase.

Also, if anyone notices that anyone is missing from the participants list. Please let me or Juan know about it.
I think I am missing from the participants list. Not sure if I violated some registration rules or you just really forgot to include me.
Topic Starter
juankristal

jvincent0321 wrote:

I guess I am missing from the participant list. Not sure if I violated some registration rules or you just really forgot to include me.
You are in my scheduling list so you are fine. Konner should add you in the list soon.
Mipha-
I registered on becoming a staff as well and think that I didn't get any forum PMs about any news about confirmation review of becoming one. Wondering that the application didn't send succesfully or not. qwq
Topic Starter
juankristal

RemFangirl wrote:

I registered on becoming a staff as well and think that I didn't get any forum PMs about any news about confirmation review of becoming one. Wondering that the application didn't send succesfully or not. qwq
It did, but I am not being able to reach my place (the flight I had to take from my travel got canceled and whatnot) but everyone who applicated should be contacted this week.
Mipha-

juankristal wrote:

It did, but I am not being able to reach my place (the flight I had to take from my travel got canceled and whatnot) but everyone who applicated should be contacted this week.
Good to know that. >w<
pikechu
pikechu / weekends 12pm to 10pm local time.
:?
it's 12am to 10pm :3
Shoegazer
All of you should have received a PM with the timetable and the groups you are in. Here is a link to the schedule listed, for any of you who do not read PMs.

How qualifier matches will work is that once your group is scheduled to begin playing, your group will play every chart in the mappool twice in total. You will play the four charts once, then you will take a slight break (~5 minutes), and you will play the four charts again. There will be no warmup, so warmup before your match is up.

Please note that your position compared to other members in your group is irrelevant, what matters is your qualifier performance compared to everyone in the tournament. As long as you reach top 128, you will continue on in the tournament. If you do not reach top 128, you are eliminated. I iterate, the group members you are in is irrelevant. Groups are only made to make it easier for us to coordinate players into their respective matches.

The elimination process between 128 to 64 is a bit more complicated, but we will PM players based on their position in the top 128 after the qualifiers. To summarise the process, if you reach top 16, you will not need to play in the post-qualifier stage and only start playing in the Round of 64. Therefore it is encouraged to practice all of the charts if possible; but you wouldn't go very far without practicing one of the charts in the qualifier mappool anyway.

more comprehensive explanation of elimination process
Top 16: You will not need to play in the Round of 128/post-qualification stage.
17th-32nd place: You will have to play 1 match in the Round of 128/post-qualification stage. Your will face competitors in the 97th-128th seed, after their first match with each other. More information below.
33rd-96th place: You will have to play 1 match in the Round of 128/post-qualification stage. Your will face competitors in the 33rd-96th seed.
97th-128th place: You will have to play 2 matches in the Round of 128/post-qualification stage. You will first face competititors in the 97th-128th seed. You will then face the competitors in the 17th-32nd position if you are not eliminated from the previous match.

The mappool used for the Round of 128/post-qualification stage would be a separate mappool.

Note that not all of the groups will be streamed. Since some groups overlap with each other, it is not possible for all of the groups to be streamed. This is to make the qualifier period go a bit quicker.

Lastly, please notify juankristal if you cannot make it for your match AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. We will try to move you to a suitable group. If you tell juan that you cannot make it to your match 12 hours before the match actually starts, it is very unlikely that we will move you to a proper group.
Topic Starter
juankristal

pikechu wrote:

pikechu / weekends 12pm to 10pm local time.
:?
it's 12am to 10pm :3
Noted and changed in my scheduling sheet.
Pizza
Just signed as a referee last week (via google forms), can you guys check my application? Thanks :D
-Konner-

Pizza wrote:

Just signed as a referee last week (via google forms), can you guys check my application? Thanks :D
We've mostly been replying to applicants that both me and Juan already know. Once Juan is home (he's been away for a few weeks), we will be going through the rest of the applicants.
[MY]xRay
what time start in malaysia? what date... can tell me??
-Konner-
Qualifiers have now been released.

Qualifiers mappool:

Stage 1: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/572000
Stage 2: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/572204
Stage 3: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/571998
Stage 4: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/571999

Edit: oh yeah here's the VOD for the qualifiers showcase stream. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/121615205

Also, everyone should have a forum pm with a link to the qualifier groups. The time for your group will be listed in UTC.

[Xiiao]Ray wrote:

what time start in malaysia? what date... can tell me??
You're in group 19 which is Saturday 18th at 13:00 UTC. That is 21:00 or 9pm for UTC+8 which is the timezone that you listed.
Malox

-Konner- wrote:

Malox10 wrote:

Username : Malox10
Timezone : UTC +1
Availability : Monday - Friday 17pm - 22pm
This is a weekend based tournament so you need to be able to play on weekends. I have listed you for now but you need to reply with whether or not you can play weekends. Otherwise you will not be able to play in the qualifiers.
Oh sry i missed that .
new Availability:Monday - Friday 17:00pm - 22:00pm local time and Sunday 19:00 pm - 22:00pm.
Tailsdk
hi im tails and im from denmark i would like to join
timezome is UTC+1 and im avavable all weekend from friday 3pm to sunday 10pm
Ayaya

tailsdk wrote:

hi im tails and im from denmark i would like to join
timezome is UTC+1 and im avavable all weekend from friday 3pm to sunday 10pm
Read the title, sign ups are close
Tailsdk
ah sorry
MegaAmoonguss
I didn't know about this until I saw the map showcase youtube video in my subscriptions just now :c
last one was super fun, would have loved to sign up... hope it goes well tho
CatOfRock
I will not be able to play on Saturday, February 18th, for work issues.
Souei
Username: Berlly
UTC: -3
Playtime: 3PM - 7PM (Local time)
Amerom

Berlly wrote:

Username: Berlly
UTC: -3
Playtime: 3PM - 7PM (Local time)
rip :/
ZcwX_old
it's too late to register ._. ? if not i join XD
LightDreamer

ZcwX wrote:

it's too late to register ._. ? if not i join XD
Sorry darling, it's too late. Look at the title
Raveille
I'll say it here once and for all that

TOURNAMENT SIGN UPS ARE OFFICIALLY CLOSED. YOU ARE NO LONGER ABLE TO REGISTER ANYMORE SO PLEASE DO NOT DO SO.
ArcherLove
wow edgy
Illya X Ram Li
@-konner- What happen if i not join the qualifiers ?
Ayaya

OMGitsRaMayu wrote:

Pretty sure it wouldn't matter since this is just qualifiers and most of the players will be cut out anyways.
-Konner-

OMGitsRaMayu wrote:

If you don't play in the qualifiers, you will get a score of 0.

You need to be in the top 128 to get past the first weekend. So you will be out of the tournament if you don't show up. You can send a pm to juankristal if you need to be moved to a different group (different time or day for this weekend).
Damaree
Ok i will just ask this since I just learned that my schedule is in evening coz I got confuse at the UTC time and I asked from others about it. But why im in 8pm in PH time? Didn't I post that my available is in 1-5pm in PH time? Or you guys didn't recognize it? or did I mistaken? Im not really sure if I can participate in that time.

PS: my 111th post, gratz to myself :D
MEGAtive
You should post your availability time in UTC time. Not PH time.

JooF12 wrote:

Username: JooF12
Timezone: UTC +8
Availability:
Tuesday & Thursday: 1-4:30 PM
Saturday & Sunday: 1-5PM

Just wanna try 😁😁
You said 1-5pm. They would think it's in UTC so they assign you somewhere there.
Well you can ask Juan for rescheduling your playtime but AFAIK you wouldn't appeared in the stream
show more