forum

[Archived] Screen Problems

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Niz_45
As you can see in the screenshot there are 2 black bars on the left and right side of the screen.Is there any way to remove these?

And the other problem is when I go to replay I can only move my mouse in a limited area same as when it's not my turn at tag coop as shown in the other picture.

Sorry if this isn't really clear ^_^"

Cheer-no
This happens when you run osu! in a widescreen resolution - just change it back to a normal one to remove the bars. (I find playing widescreen doesn't look visually appealing at all, so I never do anyhow, it doesn't give much of an advantage anyway due to the playing field still being square-ish)
Kitsunemimi
No. You're wrong. Derp.

Those bars are there because the background images are only 4:3. Because osu! is normally only a 4:3 game. The rest of the interface is fortunately 16:9, so that makes things a bit nicer.

As for your other problem, what resolution are you playing osu! in? Try playing at your screen's maximum, native resolution.
EDIT: oh my, high res <3 Well in that case, try playing with different resolutions, or try playing in windowed mode.
mm201
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pillarbox

Please explain the second issue in more detail? And its relationship to tag multi?
oddysea682
i have a similar issue.the background of a song in song selection is to the left

and when a song ends, you cant go in the black bar area.

srry if images are too large :?
Snowy Dream
2 black bars in wide screen 0.0
peppy
This is how osu! handles widescreen resolutions, as mentioned above. If there is actually somewhere it is affecting your ability to play/navigate osu! then please focus on this.
Topic Starter
Niz_45
Sorry for late reply.I kinda forgot about this thread but I did check on it and I have to say thanks to everyone for helping.I'm kinda not good with those things so I really needed help XD.I kinda got used to windowed now so it's not a problem for me on windowed and fullscreen anymore.And again sorry for late reply.