forum

daniwell - UZ

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dalgash
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 26 April 2018 at 22:00:08

Artist: daniwell
Title: UZ
Tags: daniwell UZ vocaloid
BPM: 222
Filesize: 7155kb
Play Time: 00:52
Difficulties Available:
  1. Beginner (1.22 stars, 60 notes)
  2. Challenge (5.04 stars, 254 notes)
  3. Extreme (5.47 stars, 260 notes)
  4. Hard (3.56 stars, 171 notes)
  5. Standard (2.48 stars, 143 notes)
Download: daniwell - UZ
Download: daniwell - UZ (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This song is literally so fun

Beginner - Mapped + Hitsounded
Standard - Mapped + Hitsounded
Expert - Mapped + Hitsounded
Challenge - Mapped + Hitsounded
Extreme - Mapped + Hitsounded

Thank you to all my modders!

Hanasaka Yui
Cris-
skaytan
direday
Hello! From my #modReqs.
Fun song indeed.

General
  1. I'd put kiai there: 00:35:674 (1) - 00:39:998 (1) - that's the most inense part. Or no kiai at all, since difference in intesity is very small.
  2. Remove sound from video. It's in ranking criteria.
  3. Set preview point.
  4. Set some combo colors. This one is the only one optional here.

ALL THE DIFFS!

• I think you've got rythm mostly right but map's lacking some geometrical structure. A lot of objects are placed somewhat randomly. My suggestion is to both use more smooth curves in sliders and try to follow the flow. Like, imagine the movement of player's hand and place objects for it to be more circular and smooth. This applies to the whole mapset, including skay's diff. Except maybe easier ones. Now, for the more precise suggestions:
  1. When music breaks like 00:04:052 (1,2) - here it's generally a good idea to make the player rest his cursor in place. It's a more of subconscious thing but when there is music there is movement and visa versa. That feels nice.
  2. 00:05:134 (1,2,3,4,5) - those can form part of ellipse or even circle with 00:05:809 (7) - in the middle.
  3. 00:03:242 (3,6) - if you have enough space it's a good idea to slit those apart. Also, having even gaps between objects (not necessarily adjustent in time) make the map look more polished.
  4. 00:05:944 (1,2,3) - those are great
  5. 00:07:025 (4,5,6,7,8) - those are clustered too much without clear ggeometrical shape to help player navigate through it. For example something like this looks more readable while maintaining pretty much the same movenment.
  6. 00:11:012 (5,6) - could follow (4) - in a more smooth manner. Var 1 Var 2. Be creative. Generally sharp turns signify strong sounds in music so avoid using them out of blue.
  7. 00:08:107 (3,1) - if you feel like music is absolutly begging for an overlap (and it's not the case here specificaly imo) try making them look more organized. Example.
  8. 00:07:836 (2,3) - why are these so close to each other? There is nothing for it in music.
  9. 00:41:079 - 00:41:620 why are those sounds are not mapped? Yeah they are less instense. Just make them very close to each other to maker this part easier thus expressin the low intensity of music-
    I hope I've managed to express how to make the map look more organized and clean. But even after that, you should mind when to use rotational (? can't into English, sry) movement and when to use smooth linear flow. Yeaaah, that whole mapping thing is a bitch.

It'd be cool if you could testplay my map and pm me what you think:

Infected Mushroom

Topic Starter
Dalgash

direday wrote:

Hello! From my #modReqs.
Fun song indeed.

General
  1. I'd put kiai there: 00:35:674 (1) - 00:39:998 (1) - that's the most inense part. Or no kiai at all, since difference in intesity is very small.
  2. Remove sound from video. It's in ranking criteria.
  3. Set preview point.
  4. Set some combo colors. This one is the only one optional here.

ALL THE DIFFS!

• I think you've got rythm mostly right but map's lacking some geometrical structure. A lot of objects are placed somewhat randomly. My suggestion is to both use more smooth curves in sliders and try to follow the flow. Like, imagine the movement of player's hand and place objects for it to be more circular and smooth. This applies to the whole mapset, including skay's diff. Except maybe easier ones. Now, for the more precise suggestions:
  1. When music breaks like 00:04:052 (1,2) - here it's generally a good idea to make the player rest his cursor in place. It's a more of subconscious thing but when there is music there is movement and visa versa. That feels nice.
  2. 00:05:134 (1,2,3,4,5) - those can form part of ellipse or even circle with 00:05:809 (7) - in the middle.
  3. 00:03:242 (3,6) - if you have enough space it's a good idea to slit those apart. Also, having even gaps between objects (not necessarily adjustent in time) make the map look more polished.
  4. 00:05:944 (1,2,3) - those are great
  5. 00:07:025 (4,5,6,7,8) - those are clustered too much without clear ggeometrical shape to help player navigate through it. For example something like this looks more readable while maintaining pretty much the same movenment.
  6. 00:11:012 (5,6) - could follow (4) - in a more smooth manner. Var 1 Var 2. Be creative. Generally sharp turns signify strong sounds in music so avoid using them out of blue.
  7. 00:08:107 (3,1) - if you feel like music is absolutly begging for an overlap (and it's not the case here specificaly imo) try making them look more organized. Example.
  8. 00:07:836 (2,3) - why are these so close to each other? There is nothing for it in music.
  9. 00:41:079 - 00:41:620 why are those sounds are not mapped? Yeah they are less instense. Just make them very close to each other to maker this part easier thus expressin the low intensity of music-
    I hope I've managed to express how to make the map look more organized and clean. But even after that, you should mind when to use rotational (? can't into English, sry) movement and when to use smooth linear flow. Yeaaah, that whole mapping thing is a bitch.

It'd be cool if you could testplay my map and pm me what you think:

Infected Mushroom

Thank you for the mod! :D I have taken a lot of your comments into consideration and have made some adjustments to the map with regards to the flow and clarity of some parts and the unmapped part in [Extreme], which is now mapped :) I'd love to playtest your map but I cant get my tablet to work right now and I've become really bad with mouse haha! But I will try it when I can!
intiaz
this'll be quick, i dont have lots of time!

[General]
1) Metadata might be daniwellP, i'm pretty sure but I'm not sure
2) I'll only mod 1 diff, so sorry but I don't have time!

[Beginner]
WHY IS AR SO HIGH??!!!! Definitely should be lowered
00:16:215 - slider shape a little weird
00:27:025 - ^
00:29:188 - ^
00:31:350 - eh this one fine

Remember, set your AR depending on the ranking criteria for your diffs! AR8 for beginner isn't rankable 8-)
TequilaWolf
mod
Extreme-

00:02:025 (4,1) - jump's too big but there's nothing in the music. just ctrl+g this 00:02:161 (1) -

00:02:701 (1,2,3,4,5) - would just ctrl+j the whole thing

00:05:674 (6) - difficult to read, looks very clustered together

00:06:350 (1) - feels like it needs some kinda emphasis, ctrl+g?

00:07:296 (6) - make this 1/4 slider as well

00:13:377 (4,5,1) - distance between 4->5 supposed to be smaller than 5->1, move 5 to around x476y144?

00:15:944 (3,4) - too far. move 4 so that 2->3 and 3->4 are nearly equal

00:16:485 (2) - would ctrl+j it, and move 00:17:161 (5) - over to where 00:16:215 (1) - is

00:17:971 (5,6,7) - reduce spacing a little, no reason for it to be that big

00:21:215 - missing an important note here, also 00:20:809 (2) - is a little too close to 1, space it out

00:33:782 (2,3) - make these sliders shape a little different to show sv change
#
Topic Starter
Dalgash

TequilaWolf wrote:

mod
Extreme-

00:02:025 (4,1) - jump's too big but there's nothing in the music. just ctrl+g this 00:02:161 (1) -

00:02:701 (1,2,3,4,5) - would just ctrl+j the whole thing

00:05:674 (6) - difficult to read, looks very clustered together

00:06:350 (1) - feels like it needs some kinda emphasis, ctrl+g?

00:07:296 (6) - make this 1/4 slider as well

00:13:377 (4,5,1) - distance between 4->5 supposed to be smaller than 5->1, move 5 to around x476y144?

00:15:944 (3,4) - too far. move 4 so that 2->3 and 3->4 are nearly equal

00:16:485 (2) - would ctrl+j it, and move 00:17:161 (5) - over to where 00:16:215 (1) - is

00:17:971 (5,6,7) - reduce spacing a little, no reason for it to be that big

00:21:215 - missing an important note here, also 00:20:809 (2) - is a little too close to 1, space it out

00:33:782 (2,3) - make these sliders shape a little different to show sv change
#
Thank you for the mod! :D

When looking back at the areas you pointed out it does make sense based on the flow of the map, so I have actually taken all of your ideas into consideration and applied them (with some slight circle position changes to make it feel better)

Thanks for being so helpful :)
Kami-senpai
from #modreqs

daniwell is kawaii af desu

General
custom combo colors plz

aesthetics is a general issue throughout all of these diffs, as the sliders don't really flow visually into the other ones. Most of the time in the lower diffs, its because they are curved a bit too much which causes it to look cramped, but in the higher diffs, they just don't really seem to interact with each other too often, which doesn't always apply to slider art but to 1/2 sliders as well: you want them to make patterns and stuff, like triangles or squares, etc. Right now it sort of looks random, which other maps might look too, but if you look closely, many other maps have some sort of pattern and/or aesthetic component to the sliders. Also, overlaps might contribute to the aesthetics. Sometimes, the overlaps here make it seem like they were done on accident, which happens when there is a circle overlapping a slider or another circle when it very well could have been placed out in open space without decreasing gameplay experience. My personal mantra about overlapping is to not overlap unless the song calls for it or there's no way you can place it anywhere else without destroying flow or making the spacing too big or small. It takes some time (and lots of shitty mapping practice) to sort of understand what im saying, but once you do, it makes placing notes a lot easier and makes the entire map look more neat

Beginner
slider tick rate is a little too much lmao. so many ticks in a slider. i would just reduce it to 1.00
check AI mod for all the distance snap issues, beginner should be all snapped distance wise
00:24:863 (1,2) - might be a bit hard with the distance snapping issue, but maybe uncurl these a bit so they are blanketed with each other
00:27:025 (1) - i think this goes off screen during gameplay so you might want to fix that
Also beginner/easy shouldn't have any DS changes at all, pretty sure the new ranking criteria says that, so you'll have to check your gaps in this diff. Make sure they're all the same distance or else beginner players will have trouble reading the rhythm

Standard
lmao didn't realize you were doing a different difficulty naming system. so this is like hard then, ill mod based on that

00:02:701 (2) - maybe make this a different shape than 00:02:161 (1) - because it has that weird distorted sound which differs from the sound on 1
00:11:890 (1,2) - these two are a bit unpredictable since they have 2 repeats and the distance makes it seem like theres only 1 repeat. I would either make it just one repeat, or ctrl g 00:11:890 (1) - this one and put it closer to 00:12:431 (2) -
00:16:215 (1) - I would end this spinner on 00:17:161 - and map the notes starting 00:17:431 - . right now having just a slider makes it seem sort of empty
00:22:971 (2) - the SV in this little section is extremely unpredictable for Hard players, so you should definitely keep it the same SV, also because you didn't do anything like this on similar sections, so you should keep consistency as well
00:29:458 (1) - NC off

Expert
00:07:025 (3) - push this back one repeat so it ends on blue tick so people don't get those sliderbreaks that make me want to throw my pc across the room :D
00:39:998 (1,2,3,4) - i would spread these out more so they don't look like 1/2 jumps since it is a kiai time and players will be expecting higher jumps
00:48:107 (6) - Could maybe NC this to indicate 1/1 jump instead of 1/2. Also would emphasize the stop in music more
00:50:809 (1,2,3) - the distance between 1 and 2 is smaller than 2 and 3, which is unbefitting because it is 1/2 gap between 1 and 2 and 1/1 gap between 2 and 3. this affects playablility and predictability a lot; generally higher timing gap = higher spacing, with some exceptions on account of emphasis, but the exceptions need to take into account the parts of the song around it. tl;dr this part is not an exception and you should make 2-3 distance smaller than 1-2 distance by about double

Challenge
00:05:134 (6,1) - i know you were going for the distance snapped looking triple with this here, but i think it might be better if you decreased distance between 6 and 1 or stacked them to make them more predictable, plus i dont think it would look bad if you decreased distance
00:14:863 (4,1) - fix blanket
00:24:863 (1,2) - these sliders dont really interact with each other at all, meaning that the shapes don't fit together in any aesthetic way. If you're going to slider art, I would make it so 2 does something with 1, as in either blankets it, twists through it in some artsy way, or some other thing that I can't think of because my slider art is trash :D
00:41:215 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - this is cool!

skaytan's Extra
00:04:863 (5,6) - unpredictable 1/1 gap. Maybe fix by NCing 5
00:07:025 (2,3,4,5,6) - maybe make these closer together, since having a 1/8 kickslider stream is intense enough for a quiet buildup part, but the high spacing makes it way too intense
00:21:215 (5) - maybe make this a slider or something to catch the sound at 00:21:350 -
00:27:971 (5) - 00:29:052 (9) - NC
00:31:350 (4,8) - NC
00:52:431 (9) - i would NC here as well

for this song, I wouldn't be stingy with NCs, since there are many places where NCs could help emphasize the map and make the pauses more predictable

Extreme
I suggest making the stack leniency like 4 so your 1/1 stacks could look aesthetically better

seems like your kiai section has less jumps than the beginning parts, which definitely could pose a problem in terms or gameplay and/or ranking, so you should just change some of those 1/2 sliders into jumps :D

overall a pretty good diff in terms of rhythm and emphasis, I would just focus on aesthetics and jump emphasis more, and you can do that by fixing the overall problems and then asking for Nazi mods xD

sorry for the random philosophy talk. Good luck on this map!
Topic Starter
Dalgash

Kami-senpai wrote:

from #modreqs

daniwell is kawaii af desu

General
custom combo colors plz

aesthetics is a general issue throughout all of these diffs, as the sliders don't really flow visually into the other ones. Most of the time in the lower diffs, its because they are curved a bit too much which causes it to look cramped, but in the higher diffs, they just don't really seem to interact with each other too often, which doesn't always apply to slider art but to 1/2 sliders as well: you want them to make patterns and stuff, like triangles or squares, etc. Right now it sort of looks random, which other maps might look too, but if you look closely, many other maps have some sort of pattern and/or aesthetic component to the sliders. Also, overlaps might contribute to the aesthetics. Sometimes, the overlaps here make it seem like they were done on accident, which happens when there is a circle overlapping a slider or another circle when it very well could have been placed out in open space without decreasing gameplay experience. My personal mantra about overlapping is to not overlap unless the song calls for it or there's no way you can place it anywhere else without destroying flow or making the spacing too big or small. It takes some time (and lots of shitty mapping practice) to sort of understand what im saying, but once you do, it makes placing notes a lot easier and makes the entire map look more neat

Beginner
slider tick rate is a little too much lmao. so many ticks in a slider. i would just reduce it to 1.00
check AI mod for all the distance snap issues, beginner should be all snapped distance wise
00:24:863 (1,2) - might be a bit hard with the distance snapping issue, but maybe uncurl these a bit so they are blanketed with each other
00:27:025 (1) - i think this goes off screen during gameplay so you might want to fix that
Also beginner/easy shouldn't have any DS changes at all, pretty sure the new ranking criteria says that, so you'll have to check your gaps in this diff. Make sure they're all the same distance or else beginner players will have trouble reading the rhythm

Standard
lmao didn't realize you were doing a different difficulty naming system. so this is like hard then, ill mod based on that

00:02:701 (2) - maybe make this a different shape than 00:02:161 (1) - because it has that weird distorted sound which differs from the sound on 1
00:11:890 (1,2) - these two are a bit unpredictable since they have 2 repeats and the distance makes it seem like theres only 1 repeat. I would either make it just one repeat, or ctrl g 00:11:890 (1) - this one and put it closer to 00:12:431 (2) -
00:16:215 (1) - I would end this spinner on 00:17:161 - and map the notes starting 00:17:431 - . right now having just a slider makes it seem sort of empty
00:22:971 (2) - the SV in this little section is extremely unpredictable for Hard players, so you should definitely keep it the same SV, also because you didn't do anything like this on similar sections, so you should keep consistency as well
00:29:458 (1) - NC off

Expert
00:07:025 (3) - push this back one repeat so it ends on blue tick so people don't get those sliderbreaks that make me want to throw my pc across the room :D
00:39:998 (1,2,3,4) - i would spread these out more so they don't look like 1/2 jumps since it is a kiai time and players will be expecting higher jumps
00:48:107 (6) - Could maybe NC this to indicate 1/1 jump instead of 1/2. Also would emphasize the stop in music more
00:50:809 (1,2,3) - the distance between 1 and 2 is smaller than 2 and 3, which is unbefitting because it is 1/2 gap between 1 and 2 and 1/1 gap between 2 and 3. this affects playablility and predictability a lot; generally higher timing gap = higher spacing, with some exceptions on account of emphasis, but the exceptions need to take into account the parts of the song around it. tl;dr this part is not an exception and you should make 2-3 distance smaller than 1-2 distance by about double

Challenge
00:05:134 (6,1) - i know you were going for the distance snapped looking triple with this here, but i think it might be better if you decreased distance between 6 and 1 or stacked them to make them more predictable, plus i dont think it would look bad if you decreased distance
00:14:863 (4,1) - fix blanket
00:24:863 (1,2) - these sliders dont really interact with each other at all, meaning that the shapes don't fit together in any aesthetic way. If you're going to slider art, I would make it so 2 does something with 1, as in either blankets it, twists through it in some artsy way, or some other thing that I can't think of because my slider art is trash :D
00:41:215 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - this is cool!

skaytan's Extra
00:04:863 (5,6) - unpredictable 1/1 gap. Maybe fix by NCing 5
00:07:025 (2,3,4,5,6) - maybe make these closer together, since having a 1/8 kickslider stream is intense enough for a quiet buildup part, but the high spacing makes it way too intense
00:21:215 (5) - maybe make this a slider or something to catch the sound at 00:21:350 -
00:27:971 (5) - 00:29:052 (9) - NC
00:31:350 (4,8) - NC
00:52:431 (9) - i would NC here as well

for this song, I wouldn't be stingy with NCs, since there are many places where NCs could help emphasize the map and make the pauses more predictable

Extreme
I suggest making the stack leniency like 4 so your 1/1 stacks could look aesthetically better

seems like your kiai section has less jumps than the beginning parts, which definitely could pose a problem in terms or gameplay and/or ranking, so you should just change some of those 1/2 sliders into jumps :D

overall a pretty good diff in terms of rhythm and emphasis, I would just focus on aesthetics and jump emphasis more, and you can do that by fixing the overall problems and then asking for Nazi mods xD

sorry for the random philosophy talk. Good luck on this map!
Thanks for the mod! Can't believe I didn't reply to this >.<

Gonna try and get this ranked again! found some motivation somewhere :thinking:
JunkerMarsh
Hi I love your map but can you remove the mania diffs

Cheers :)
Topic Starter
Dalgash

2PMarsh wrote:

Hi I love your map but can you remove the mania diffs

Cheers :)
Gonna be honest I was drunk when I did them and I don't even remember posting so thanks for letting me know LOL
Exclusives
Beginner
00:08:731 - Easy maps shouldn't have overlapping notes.
00:12:002 - ^
00:18:392 - Move in the bottom left note a little bit, seems out of place during flashlight.
00:18:917 - Place something on this tick, like a note on top of where the slider note will be.

00:22:038 - Overlapping notes in easy!!!
00:29:368 - Space out the slider so it's more next to it not the less on it.
00:31:238 - ^
00:33:198 - ^
00:36:398 - ^
00:37:468 - I could do this forever, moving on.
00:38:845 - Way too quickly off the slider for a 1* map.
00:43:045 - Slider #2 is wAAAAy out of frame.
00:53:281 - Add a spinner.

TLDR - Space out more notes, but cramp them into the 4:3 box, which I know is difficult, that's why not everybody maps easy. ;-)

Extreme
00:01:688 - Weird ass pattern to start off with, it's like your expecting 800pp from start to end, (my personal opinion)
00:02:634 - Dear god please just remove this.
00:05:944 - Honestly if you do this for the whole map just redo it entirely.
00:12:161 - Note #2 (the circle) is soOOO out of frame.
00:12:701 - I don't like this pattern. (Personal)
00:17:543 - Your notes keep coming out of frame.
00:27:566 - Add some sliders, like damn.
00:36:112 - All throughout the next 10 seconds just redo.
00:52:431 - 1 BPM full screen jump. Stop.

TLDR - Space out more notes, but cramp them into the 4:3 box, which I know is difficult, that's why not everybody maps. ;-)
Topic Starter
Dalgash
I’m currently trying remap most of this since it’s been a while - I’ll take the mods into account