Mir

Opsi wrote:

You've just activated my trap card

I summon Mir to this thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FjWe31S_0g
Irreversible
Reeeecheck

[unhinged]
00:01:013 (1) - So I find a less dense intro more interesting, and I believe it was different before? Not quiiite sure though. But idk, I would find it pretty cool if you could exclusively follow this prominent sound, making 00:01:013 (1) - kind of unnecessary if you know what I mean
00:02:048 (1) - That hitsound on the end sounds really spammy for what the song offers. Would get rid off it
00:13:427 - Almost similar to above, the whole map is rather dense, but I think it's those little tweaks in rhythm which would make it so mooore interesting! My suggestion here is to create some super cool tension by deleting this slider and simply adding a circle 00:13:513 - . Like this: http://puu.sh/z0V1X/f87da2c664.jpg The speed up after will be so more emphasized as well and that's just so cool..
(to second what I said above: you also create those cool feelings 00:57:737 - here, so yeah, that speaks for my suggestions :p)
01:20:668 (1,2,3) - Somehow off (spacing)
01:38:255 (1,1,2,1,2,1) - This map is really for ppl who enjoy technical things. but doesn't this seem kind of very over the top? Maybe u can bring in your experience here.

^ maybe you can apply the rhythm suggestions to the other diffs too

[Expert]
01:19:117 (1) - What's this following?

call me for sure
Weber
this bg suck
Topic Starter
Kaifin

Irreversible wrote:

Reeeecheck

[unhinged]
00:01:013 (1) - So I find a less dense intro more interesting, and I believe it was different before? Not quiiite sure though. But idk, I would find it pretty cool if you could exclusively follow this prominent sound, making 00:01:013 (1) - kind of unnecessary if you know what I mean i totally understand what you mean, but i think that the sound that this is following is too important to skip, and i really like the 'whir' effect of how it sounds/plays with the song
00:02:048 (1) - That hitsound on the end sounds really spammy for what the song offers. Would get rid off it removed hitsound in all diffs
00:13:427 - Almost similar to above, the whole map is rather dense, but I think it's those little tweaks in rhythm which would make it so mooore interesting! My suggestion here is to create some super cool tension by deleting this slider and simply adding a circle 00:13:513 - . Like this: http://puu.sh/z0V1X/f87da2c664.jpg The speed up after will be so more emphasized as well and that's just so cool..
(to second what I said above: you also create those cool feelings 00:57:737 - here, so yeah, that speaks for my suggestions :p) applied,
for the second example you linked i think that the "ah ah ow" 00:57:737 (1,2,1) - sound is too important to skip over

01:20:668 (1,2,3) - Somehow off (spacing) made it slightly more spaced, a more interesting pattern this way as well and gives more emphasis to the stop at 01:21:358 (1,2,3) -
01:38:255 (1,1,2,1,2,1) - This map is really for ppl who enjoy technical things. but doesn't this seem kind of very over the top? Maybe u can bring in your experience here. this isnt too hard to play, the motion is a lot different then it may appear in the editor as it ends up playing a lot more circular with the motion really paying off with the somewhat "stunted" finale of 01:38:944 (1,1,2,1,2,1,2) - which gives this so much sectional emphasis as a pattern

^ maybe you can apply the rhythm suggestions to the other diffs too im going to keep the simplified rhythm in the other diffs because it plays well to their gimmicks in some (high speed and expert because it emphasizes the slider velocity movement) and just to keep it simplistic in the extra

[Expert]
01:19:117 (1) - What's this following? the vocal sample has a note on the head and a note at the end, then the last note of it as mapped at 01:19:548 (2) - to give the pattern a kinda "spacey" feeling with how the sample sounds

call me for sure
calling ;)
Topic Starter
Kaifin

Weber wrote:

this bg suck
unrelated good bg

xLolicore-
2018 lookin good
Irreversible
DEWERI DANG GE DANG GE GE-GE GEEDANG GEDANG ∠(゚Д゚)/

approved by doge + chirpy
anna apple
grats !
Kroytz
gz
Izzywing
Poggers
Lulu-
bonzi! needs more Osu
fieryrage
kaifin: this is never getting ranked

Lol

hp drain on bonzi's is way too high imo but o well more challenge passes
Asphyxia
Grats~
Nakano Itsuki
holy shieeeet
Gratz~
_Meep_
yes
Nwolf
I believe the current bg doesn't fit the song at all. Nowhere is this song related to random animu girls, dogs with birds on their head or some small shop at a street corner. However, the dog is cute and I would propose to use the following picture as bg instead:

I hope you take this post seriously as I am the 2nd greatest being on earth, beaten only by our lord and saviour doge. Praise doge.
salchow

Nwolf wrote:

I believe the current bg doesn't fit the song at all. Nowhere is this song related to random animu girls, dogs with birds on their head or some small shop at a street corner. However, the dog is cute and I would propose to use the following picture as bg instead:

I hope you take this post seriously as I am the 2nd greatest being on earth, beaten only by our lord and saviour doge. Praise doge.
ahh... ffs nvulf.
kbd
WOOO YEA
Topic Starter
Kaifin
@nwolf that is the most beautiful background ive ever seen i will put that in the description as soon as i get home
Weber

You are now moderator of /r/MildlyInfuriating.
Kawashiro
Congratz!!
fieryrage
Sorry in advance to Kaifin for not doing this earlier when I modded twice already but I genuinely did not playtest this difficulty enough and yeah here we are

I'm gonna be honest, playing this through a bit more, everything in this set is top notch except for Bonzi's diff, particularly 01:20:324 (1) - 01:31:358 (1) - the 10 seconds here since everything else is good in the map as it is.

I have a couple of concerns with the patterns, mostly involving the amount of overlaps in some sections:
  1. 01:22:996 (2,1) - this angle is really awkward considering you're setting the player up to expect a staircase-like pattern like 01:22:737 (1,2,1,2) - these, but instead go for an obtuse angle that immediately switches direction; this is REALLY confusing to play especially at a high bpm (well, for the most part, considering this plays like an alt map at 174 bpm).
  2. 01:24:030 (4,5,6,1,2,3) - this is near impossible to read at this AR (or any AR, really) due to the amount of overlaps in such a short amount of time, you'd basically have to go into the editor just to figure out how this pattern plays (either that or play it five times over, assuming you don't straight-up fail before it). the same thing applies to 01:26:788 (4,5,6,1,2,3) - this as well, although to a lesser extent.
  3. 01:25:151 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - this pattern is basically the only reason I'm making this mod, this is completely unplayable as it stands right now. it basically amplifies everything from the first point about angle changes and turns it up to 11, because every note in this entire pattern changes angles and distance. rhythmically speaking, it makes sense, but from a playability standpoint, this plays really badly since 01:25:237 (2,1) - the distance here then shortens immediately to 01:25:324 (1,2) - the same distance as it was before. it's a lot more noticeable here than in the other patterns because the spacing difference is a LOT bigger, and plays more like a random jump than 01:20:582 (4,1) - stuff like this does. honestly, there's really no way I can explain it that well, just look at literally anyone playing this pattern. it's impossible to play correctly and should be remapped imo.
  4. 01:26:099 (4,1) - these are also ridiculously hard to play properly considering you're already waving your cursor around in a circle-like motion; adding a jump to it throws every player off and starting another circle-like motion immediately after in a different direction is basically asking for people to miss once and notelock this entire pattern, failing the map.
I really think that Bonzi's diff should be remapped in that section; it heavily contrasts in playability with the entire set and makes little to no sense from a playability standpoint. I tried getting some other high ranked players to pass this map and they all consistently died in this section while doing fairly decently everywhere else. It's fine aesthetically speaking, but it plays horribly.

I understand it's a difficulty spike, but then wouldn't it make more sense to just have the other kiai section just as difficult? As it stands right now it's just an unnecessary contrast to the rest of the map, which is otherwise fine.

(for the record, I don't think this is DQ-worthy, I just feel like this diff could've been polished in that section a lot more)
Will Stetson
kaifin is my fucking waifu
Nathan
@kaifinosu
10m10 minutes ago
More
@fieryrage_ top 10 anime betrayals

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet Like Direct message
Monstrata
Grats on rank. rip Xexxar :)
Ascendance

fieryrage wrote:

I really think that Bonzi's diff should be remapped in that section; it heavily contrasts in playability with the entire set and makes little to no sense from a playability standpoint.

fieryrage wrote:

(for the record, I don't think this is DQ-worthy, I just feel like this diff could've been polished in that section a lot more)
which could it be
Topic Starter
Kaifin
thanks for the congrats everyone :)

replying for bonzi since he is currently on a journey of self discovery (not playing osu)

for reference to my reply, i can play bonzi's diff and my best play is a pass with 16 misses

fieryrage wrote:

Sorry in advance to Kaifin for not doing this earlier when I modded twice already but I genuinely did not playtest this difficulty enough and yeah here we are

I'm gonna be honest, playing this through a bit more, everything in this set is top notch except for Bonzi's diff, particularly 01:20:324 (1) - 01:31:358 (1) - the 10 seconds here since everything else is good in the map as it is.

I have a couple of concerns with the patterns, mostly involving the amount of overlaps in some sections:
  1. 01:22:996 (2,1) - this angle is really awkward considering you're setting the player up to expect a staircase-like pattern like 01:22:737 (1,2,1,2) - these, but instead go for an obtuse angle that immediately switches direction; this is REALLY confusing to play especially at a high bpm (well, for the most part, considering this plays like an alt map at 174 bpm). this angle is not awkward for a few reasons: the player is not snapping to each note of the staircase as the motion of it is completely circular (look at it like 01:22:392 (1,2,1) - 01:22:565 (1,2,1) - 01:22:737 (1,2,1) - rather than 4 sets of doubles), thus all this circular motion needs a payoff in the form of 01:22:909 (1,2,1) - the angle isn't the most friendly, but it's far from obtuse
  2. 01:24:030 (4,5,6,1,2,3) - this is near impossible to read at this AR (or any AR, really) due to the amount of overlaps in such a short amount of time, you'd basically have to go into the editor just to figure out how this pattern plays (either that or play it five times over, assuming you don't straight-up fail before it). the same thing applies to 01:26:788 (4,5,6,1,2,3) - this as well, although to a lesser extent. i don't really understand what you mean by it's "impossible to sightread" as thats simply not true, note the context clues of the map before this that teach you how to read this pattern 01:21:271 (4,5,6,1,2,3) - it's a bit dense but i think its ridiculous to say it's unreadable when i've seen multiple people sightread it
  3. 01:25:151 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - this pattern is basically the only reason I'm making this mod, this is completely unplayable as it stands right now. it basically amplifies everything from the first point about angle changes and turns it up to 11, because every note in this entire pattern changes angles and distance. rhythmically speaking, it makes sense, but from a playability standpoint, this plays really badly since 01:25:237 (2,1) - the distance here then shortens immediately to 01:25:324 (1,2) - the same distance as it was before. it's a lot more noticeable here than in the other patterns because the spacing difference is a LOT bigger, and plays more like a random jump than 01:20:582 (4,1) - stuff like this does. honestly, there's really no way I can explain it that well, just look at literally anyone playing this pattern. it's impossible to play correctly and should be remapped imo. i'm not too sure what the big deal is seeing as this is circular motion, just snap to the first note of each pair lol it's sectional and plays really cool, there's even an lenient gap 01:24:978 (4) - before hand so you have a fair shake at the pattern, it's not like the stream leads into it or anything so i think this is completely reasonable: just because it is extremely difficult does not mean it is not well mapped
  4. 01:26:099 (4,1) - these are also ridiculously hard to play properly considering you're already waving your cursor around in a circle-like motion; adding a jump to it throws every player off and starting another circle-like motion immediately after in a different direction is basically asking for people to miss once and notelock this entire pattern, failing the map.
i'm not sure what your point here is, yeah it's hard but so is the whole map and section? if the player is "waving their cursor around" at this part then they're doing something wrong because the snap from 01:25:669 (1,2,1) - and motion of 01:25:841 (1,2,3,4) - completely reset the player's aim control, and if they haven't regained aim control by 01:26:099 (4,1) - then they probably just aren't good enough to aim/play the map

i just want to note unrelated that it doesn't make sense for you to bring up that overlapping section and NOT bring up 01:26:530 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3) - which i would consider a harder overlap to read (it's still fair for the same reasons obviously but just pointing it out)

I really think that Bonzi's diff should be remapped in that section; it heavily contrasts in playability with the entire set and makes little to no sense from a playability standpoint. I tried getting some other high ranked players to pass this map and they all consistently died in this section while doing fairly decently everywhere else. It's fine aesthetically speaking, but it plays horribly. they are not strong enough: it's fucking hard but it is completely fair in how it is executed and how it plays, and i can attest to that by both being able to play the map and from several testplays from other top tech players

I understand it's a difficulty spike, but then wouldn't it make more sense to just have the other kiai section just as difficult? As it stands right now it's just an unnecessary contrast to the rest of the map, which is otherwise fine. now this is the point that probably requires the most explanation:
the second half of the kiai in the song sounds a lot more sectional (it sounds a lot more like 1234______1234 _______1234 then the 1234 1234 1234 of the previous first half), so Bonzi interpreted that by putting more of an emphasis on the large 1/4 jumps between the sets of 4 notes rather than continuing his gimmick from the first half: it gets expanded upon to the point of the same difficulty with 01:36:875 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - eventually, but it would be really unfair to the player to throw this right at them so the gimmick is established until this point so that it doesn't come out of nowhere: it might feel like the first half is a lot harder but i don't think that means it is any less representative of the song

hopefully this clears up a bit of the thinking behind Bonzi's diff, hopefully i was a good reply standin as we talked about his diff a lot while he was making it and i really think it's an amazing map
Sebu
Gratz!
Akitoshi
gratz
rinkon
handbreaking patterns