forum

[Archived] Cant log in

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kazuhiira_
Recently i've changed my username and i closed osu and opened it to see if it changed in game. I was later prompted to log in and it wont let me. I've tried my old username and the new one, still wont let me in. It might just be that it hasnt updated or something but..

osu! version: 20170103.2 (latest)
Adorn
Be sure you're connected to the internet and Bancho is working.
Topic Starter
Kazuhiira_
Im connected to the internet and bancho. I get a message telling me that "Bancho authentication failed..." if thats any help.

Also i did check, i am using the right password and username. I can log into the website just not the game
Adorn

peppy wrote:

Please make sure you are typing the correct password, and that you do not have any weird characters in your username (such as spaces where they shouldn't be). Generally this should only happen if you actually got your login wrong.
Found here: p/984006

also:
https://new.ppy.sh/forum/t/344801
"Make sure you have the correct input language selected in your OS settings. You can change this in the "Region and Languages" section in the windows control paneL."
"Yeah, I can sign in when copy the username/password from another location to osu!, its works!"
Topic Starter
Kazuhiira_
I've tried to copy and paste my username into osu, and i just checked, the language in the OS is correct.

Not sure if its because there are spaces in between the brackets or just because i used brackets
Adorn

[ Akakazz ] wrote:

I've tried to copy and paste my username into osu, and i just checked, the language in the OS is correct.

Not sure if its because there are spaces in between the brackets or just because i used brackets
Try doing [_Akakazz_] as the username. Underscores for spaces. I'm unsure if that applies to logins but you have to do that to highlight someone in osu!.
Topic Starter
Kazuhiira_
Still nothing D:
Adorn
Every single thread I'm finding on it is due to the login info being incorrect. ;<
also due to internet issues
Topic Starter
Kazuhiira_
Odd.. Well I can safely say its not my internet mostly because im connecter through and ethernet cable but..
Topic Starter
Kazuhiira_
Update: I just restarted osu and the name updated in the little box in the upper left hand corner. Although, I still cant log in