forum

Need help with combo bursts!!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AngelBerryCake
So I'm trying to add some custom combo bursts and I've resized the images, changed them to transparent png files and named them comboburst-0, comboburst-1 etc, but I've added them to the osu skins folder and they don't show up? I have combo burst enabled and the new skin turned on, and also tried adding the combo bursts to the new skin template but it's still not working! What am I doing wrong? Please helpppp :cry:
o x
If you made them transparent it means that you wont see them though? Or am I reading this wrong.
Kheryo
you sound like you got the folder architecture wrong

Are you sure you have :
osu
|- skins
|- |- yourskin
|- |- |- comboburst-0.png
|- |- |- comboburst-1.png

Also, are there "comboburst-0@2x.png" files in there ?
If so, they will be the ones displayed in higher resolutions (above 1024*768 I believe, might be wrong on that).
Either replace them with your design or remove them altogether.
Topic Starter
AngelBerryCake
What folder can I use for the "your skin" part? I've downloaded the new skin template off the osu website and put my combo burst images in there but idk if that will work. Also all my images are called comboburst-(number) and I've manually resized them through GIMP and changed them to PNGs, does that work?
Topic Starter
AngelBerryCake

Cawub wrote:

If you made them transparent it means that you wont see them though? Or am I reading this wrong.
By transparent I meant that the background is see through
Kheryo

AngelBerryCake wrote:

What folder can I use for the "your skin" part? I've downloaded the new skin template off the osu website and put my combo burst images in there but idk if that will work. Also all my images are called comboburst-(number) and I've manually resized them through GIMP and changed them to PNGs, does that work?
Inside "Program Files/osu!/skins", every folder contains a separate skin.
Try to locate the one you're trying to use for yours, and edit the skin.ini file in there to have a unique name.
SPOILER
[General]
Name: TomatoSoupIsDelicious
Put your files in the same folder. It should look something like this :
Ingame, select the skin named after what you've set in the skin.ini file and you should be good to go.
Topic Starter
AngelBerryCake
I've done it!! I still don't know why the skin template didn't work, but I downloaded some other skins and whilst looking for them, I saw a thread about editing the default skin. Apparently if you just put the files that you want and have the skin.ini file in, the game will load up the default textures along with the custom inputted ones, and now I have them working :D I feel a bit dumb for not trying this earlier lolol

Thanks to Kheryo for helping me! :oops: :oops: