forum

Beginner's Training

posted
Total Posts
show more
[ LuCiel ]
Thank you for the information! Really helpful :)
Delts_old
Is there any post like this, but to help make a better transition into higher difficulty?
Infernocash
Just started this game and wish I saw this earlier lol, still cant seem to get the repeated sliders though :|
Sheepsticks
Thanks! Great song list.
MrBakpao
good tutorial
Lvl 1 Magikarp
Nice tutorial, only wished i saw this when i was a newbie :p
JeremyTechnika
I will download this if I'm still a newbie
evora
Thank you thank you thank you this helps sooooo much!! :)
Santeri
wow thanks, i would've never survived without playing these maps
WildFury
I have to admit if it wasn't for this guide I might have just tried Osu for a few hours and given up even (Just like with the Korean DDR Beatmania) even though I'm playing on a tablet pc.

(I'm glad I stuck with it though even if the learning curve was like 1-2 days before I could actually keep up with the song's beat).

So Thank You Very Much For This Awesome Beginner's training Guide POKEBIS!!!

I'm really enjoying myself even if I can't help but think whenever I listen to music now, no matter if its on an mp3 player or in a Anime Music Video on youtube could I possibly find/play a map for that in Osu?

Anyway I would like to point out for other newbies like myself........

1.Stick with songs with the Easy Difficulty from this guide! Even if Orange Range seems to be moving too fast at first lol.
After you earn a C rating on this song branch out an select what ever song you want to play from Step 1 of Pokebis's Guide, because there is no certain order to play them.

(That's what I did and now I can last for half if not an entire song on difficulty normal even if I'm not making A's or B's yet but I am slowly getting the S's for the songs 1-5 of the guide's Step 1 even though I'm still struggling on Code Monkey/Nights/BrainCells/Hyadain Crash even though I have already gotten an S on Kotoko Agony!)

2.Practice and Practice to the point that you start humming/ singing the songs when your away from the PC! (Even if you can't tell in the 1st day you will be able to see a difference by day 3 or 4.)

3.Do not be a perfectionist ! Just bother to make it through one of the song's 4 sections! (An before you know it you will be able to make it through 2 of the 4 sections with no mistakes.)

4. Never Ever Click on that Skip Button on the bottom right corner! (Use this time to listen to the song/take a deep breath to calm down/take a sip of your drink/wipe your graphic tablet or tablet pc off with a tiny drop of water using a micro fiber cloth of course to get rid of any dried up sweat).

Warning: If your playing with a Graphic Tablet or Tablet Pc cover your screen or play area with a transparency to protect them from the spinners (That's what I'm doing) .

5.At this point you should be able to at least follow the tempo of a song like Catherine Warwick's Pollyanna/ Steel Angels Kiss Kara Hajimaru Miracle by lightly bopping your head/toe tapping/light knee rocking while playing through 1 of the songs 4 sections (My brother was absolutely astounded when he found me head bopping but side to side as I played through Steel Angels Kiss Kara Hajimaru Miracle's sections lol)

6.After your able to complete Steel Angels Kiss Kara Hajimaru Miracle following the beat with mistakes still present or not! Try finding some more anime themes you enjoy (Since those are not very long they will help build up your endurance for longer songs such as Jonathan Coulton Code Monkey/Nights Journey of Dreams Dreams /Initial D Running in the 90's /Kotoko's Agony.

My Recommendation for a Easy map for beginners that can play the Initial D's Running in the 90's map from this guide should check out

IceBeam's map for Rasmus's In the Shadows (Yeah, I enjoyed this song so much in a vampire knight amv over at youtube I just had to try it in the game.)

Also maybe other newbies like me would want to use a skin instead of seeing those boring slider balls in the game (I switched mine to the vampire knight skin with yuki punching zero back lol).
BrianH0_0
Thanks for the guide, hoping to get a high score on a song in the Top 50 ;)
Furasaki
This is amazing .-.
zorosmart96
thanks a lot i was strugling in with some random maps but now with your list i am getting better (y)
Reaper16_old
Thanks!! ^_^
Ananda
I want to know everything.
Female

Cindy Miky wrote:

I want to know everything.
then digest as much information as you can when playing games
Ananda
okay. thanks
Dreamgate
i did everything etc but im still bad any halp????
Klockwerk

[timefrozen] wrote:

Moar kpop for pp pls
MiaxPls
6 years ago you made this topic and it helped me and my friends a lot with starting few days ago. I thank you very much in my name and theirs! :)
Miku Maekawa

Klockwerk wrote:

[timefrozen] wrote:

Moar kpop for pp pls
yes
ClawViper
I started osu! using this. Nostalgic. Can't believe its already more than a year...
akitoApocalypse
This guide really helped for me. Thanks a lot!
Even though it's only been a month I am already getting better!
Though I have a long way to go before I get good... :o
RivenDaddy
What you want to do if your a beginner is just to practice everyday on song that you can play. if you can master them play harder songs <3
Fatal3ty
This Map have a Problem: https://osu.ppy.sh/?p=beatmap&s=2434

No matter how many times I try, I always fail at the same place! I can try 1000 times, there is nothing better. I catch the wrong Circle permanently and no matter how many times I watch replays does nothing. I despair! :cry:

It involves quite of the map, where Circle appeared confused. Since I'm never coming back! :cry:
Pilesos
This beginners training appears to be really outdated. I used it myself to get into osu in 2013 but now i feel it needs to be updated as the mapping style of some of these maps feels almost a bit too oldschool.
sayonara_sekai
yep. If I could start over I wouldnt touch this thread. The maps are really really bad and almost made me not want to play this game when I was starting out.
Bayley
I agree
FGKY
If you're using this guide, stop.
d3athl3lad3
Thank you sooo much , i was looking for something like this to start out :)
StampySenpai
TEST :):p
Kouya-
I finished all your maps sensai, what now ?
SomeLoli

Kouya- wrote:

you're ready for big black
Yuudachi-kun

SomeLoli wrote:

Kouya- wrote:

you're ready for big black

There is no loli ready for the big black.
SomeLoli

Kheldragar wrote:

There is no loli ready for the big black.
never underestimate a loli :oops:
drflash55

SomeLoli wrote:

Kouya- wrote:

I finished all your maps Sensai, what now?
You're now ready for "The Big Black".

*Clears throat*
Not in a million years.
Masaki Ren
This really help today's my first day playing and after play these songs I feel that I can now play more difficult songs now. :)
Meetra_old
theres maps are harder then harder ones. Which makes no sense but the circle closes so slow its easier to click faster ones
Kher
Nice songs, I'll have to try them out :D
MomoPrecil
I think the beatmaps which suitable for newbie nowadays is beatmap which has Lanturn's Beginner :D
show more