forum

xi - Glorious Crown

posted
Total Posts
show more
Tarrasky
last diff, just a little question

1. 00:46:941 - until 00:58:315 - respecting the stronger song of the drums, making 1/4 slider jumps when necessary, like 00:50:666 (1,2,3,4) - and still ignoring piano songs like 00:53:526 - 00:54:058 - for gives more emphasis in the drums,
  2. 00:58:382 - until the end of first kiai - certainly not following the drums, with clearly ignored in 01:00:644 - until 01:01:708 - with musically speaking are the same beat than 00:53:061 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - for example.
Can you explain, in your perspective, why this inconsistency? Because, in my opinion, the map must be at least consistent with moments that are musically the same, there's no why you add these notes for example 00:58:382 (1,2) - and being completely unstable with 00:49:868 (5,6,7,8) - that is the same song (you have added a normal sample clap in here 00:58:515 (2) - just because is a sliderjump? and in 00:50:000 (7) - that is the same song there aren't these hitsounds).
Topic Starter
Monstrata

Tarrasky wrote:

last diff, just a little question

1. 00:46:941 - until 00:58:315 - respecting the stronger song of the drums, making 1/4 slider jumps when necessary, like 00:50:666 (1,2,3,4) - and still ignoring piano songs like 00:53:526 - 00:54:058 - for gives more emphasis in the drums,
  2. 00:58:382 - until the end of first kiai - certainly not following the drums, with clearly ignored in 01:00:644 - until 01:01:708 - with musically speaking are the same beat than 00:53:061 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - for example.
Can you explain, in your perspective, why this inconsistency? Because, in my opinion, the map must be at least consistent with moments that are musically the same, there's no why you add these notes for example 00:58:382 (1,2) - and being completely unstable with 00:49:868 (5,6,7,8) - that is the same song (you have added a normal sample clap in here 00:58:515 (2) - just because is a sliderjump? and in 00:50:000 (7) - that is the same song there aren't these hitsounds).
I thought the first kiai was still easy enough to allow for some variable rhythm. The first kiai's track isn't as consistent as the second kiai too. For example 00:50:666 (1,2,3,4) - as you pointed out, is the only place where there's four kicks in a row. Second kiai is completely consistent though so it's mapped as such. Well, anyways, i appreciate that you are pointing out inconsistencies with my map's idea intact. I don't think it's necessary to change this since 98% of the map is consistent so its okay to variate a bit on the first kiai, but this is something I can fix if we find something worth dq'ing in the future. I feel changing this would just be "different" and not "better" basically, so I'd prefer to leave it, but thanks.
hi-mei
I thought in 2017 arguments like "its my style u dont understand" doesnt work?

i mean, yea these mods are the same like "ure style is shit i dont like it" but its not like one person said that, its a lot of people seeing a problem with it

and also it brings up a question, like

do you really know what youre doing?

its not a map you can play, or a map that people can play
its map for 5-10 guys in the entire community who can properly estimate it, or to be real, for 1 person

i still think this map is decent, not great, the mapper doesnt really understand the music hes mapping but its above "shit" threshold
so gz on rank i guess?
_handholding
fk I posted a mod but I deleted it whilst editing... I'll redo it again later
Topic Starter
Monstrata
:eyes:
Mercusheigan
SPOILER

Monstrata wrote:

By "lots of people" I assume you mean Mir? :P.

Okay, let me explain the situation through re:zero.

So once upon a time their lived a NEET named Subaru.

One day, Hooker Rem comes up to Subaru and is like "Yo my boi Soobz I heard you liked Emilia, so I'm going to help you out!"

And then she tells Subaru all these things like "okay dude, so first, you ahve to act like you care a lot about people cuz Emilia likes people who care abot ppl and you have to tell her that being a half elf is great awesome sugoi and that way you can win her over! also you need to do something about ur hair is hideous, and also stop wearing the same jacket every day like wtf are you some shounen protagonist or something"

But then Subaru is like.... "But..."

[]

Hopefully we reach some mutual understanding now.

what the fuck
hi-mei
dude you got some problems
Ideal
re:zero is garbage just like all anime

now direct your flaming towards me
Adiopulse
I'm not here to ruin the game, I'm here to ruin your game

Atsuro's Extra
00:07:229 note should be here
00:07:296 (9,10) this should just be on slider

00:07:562 suggest using this for better accent of the notes https://puu.sh/wA1hz/16c46a7095.png

00:11:885 in this pause section you could really benefit from mapping those low base/synth sounds with sliders and give you a really good entry into 00:20:333

00:33:637 this is part is wrong, here's how it should look like https://puu.sh/wA1NB/0669599a2b.png the 8 combo note was on a `1/4 snap and should be on a 1/6 at 00:33:992

00:34:369 add a note here

00:38:027 should be a small 3 1/6 stream instead of the 2 1/4 you have here to better reflect the piano

00:43:149 add a note here

00:52:794 (3) this doesn't really make sense to me really, the kick back doesn't even align with the big kick at 00:53:061

01:00:245 something HAS to accent this kick, you do it for the rest in this combo

01:01:309 (3) another awk slider like last time

01:15:411 (10) no reason for this to kick back

4 Dickerinosion
00:03:304 should be like this to match the rhythm https://puu.sh/wA46B/c62395b45c.png

to stay consistent with your changing direction of the stream 00:24:058 (1) this should be accented more like the ones prior
00:25:588 (8) ^

I find that you are very inconsistent with the gimmick
Topic Starter
Monstrata

Adiopulse wrote:

I'm not here to ruin the game, I'm here to ruin your game

Atsuro's Extra
00:07:229 note should be here
00:07:296 (9,10) this should just be on slider

00:07:562 suggest using this for better accent of the notes https://puu.sh/wA1hz/16c46a7095.png

00:11:885 in this pause section you could really benefit from mapping those low base/synth sounds with sliders and give you a really good entry into 00:20:333

00:33:637 this is part is wrong, here's how it should look like https://puu.sh/wA1NB/0669599a2b.png the 8 combo note was on a `1/4 snap and should be on a 1/6 at 00:33:992

00:34:369 add a note here

00:38:027 should be a small 3 1/6 stream instead of the 2 1/4 you have here to better reflect the piano

00:43:149 add a note here

00:52:794 (3) this doesn't really make sense to me really, the kick back doesn't even align with the big kick at 00:53:061

01:00:245 something HAS to accent this kick, you do it for the rest in this combo

01:01:309 (3) another awk slider like last time

01:15:411 (10) no reason for this to kick back

4 Dickerinosion
00:03:304 should be like this to match the rhythm https://puu.sh/wA46B/c62395b45c.png What? nope, its supposed to be a triplet to match the other triplets.

to stay consistent with your changing direction of the stream 00:24:058 (1) this should be accented more like the ones prior clockwise to counterclockwise flow shift.
00:25:588 (8) ^ ^

I find that you are very inconsistent with the gimmick
Net0
The only thing I'd request to change in this mapset is the last diff name. Why four dimensions top diff name if your map is not a tribute or similar to the original Freedom Dive map? (not saying Blue Zenith is similar either, but I wasn't really involved with mapping when that got ranked). If it's just because it's a xi song I'm ok with that as long as the next mappers who want to rank xi stuff will also be capable of using that diff name.
note551

Net0 wrote:

The only thing I'd request to change in this mapset is the last diff name. Why four dimensions top diff name if your map is not a tribute or similar to the original Freedom Dive map? (not saying Blue Zenith is similar either, but I wasn't really involved with mapping when that got ranked). If it's just because it's a xi song I'm ok with that as long as the next mappers who want to rank xi stuff will also be capable of using that diff name.
I believe it's a sequel of sorts to freedom dive
Kyouren
Glorious Crown is sequel from Freedom Dive. If you listening the full version in the middle song, that has Freedom Dive part
-Sh1n1-
I like how "monstratita" sounds, I should start to call u like that :3 Gratz bro
Ascendance
Writing walls of text on Monstrata maps is a rite of passage as a new BN, ushered forward by the era of Naxess and carried forth by his pupil Mir
Vivyanne
Edit: this isnt how i should be, even when tripping out and getting triggered. I'm sorry for not being able to keep my posture, i expect no further response.

original post if you care
00:22:994 (1,1) - so both of these have a sharp angle here to emphasise the drum that comes in here, however at 00:24:058 (1,5) - you go about making the stream feel natural eventhough the song has the same sounds playing? i think this is an inconsitency
00:48:803 (5) - missed NC? the sound that's playing here is very similar to 00:48:271 (1) - which also had its own NC
00:54:923 (9) - would've loved to see this note be emphasised a bit more as its like a closure to me. the drum sound here seems to have a longer sound duration than the others (00:54:391 (1,5) - ) and yes it's stronger than the others. just try to consider adding in at least some NCs here to get it going good
00:58:648 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - i fail to understand what was tried to be achieved here. what's being emphasised? it just feels like you started to feel that your streams were becoming too bland (which they are btw) so you just throw this in? it's making for a massive inconsistency in the streams and I'd suggest making this similar to the other 16 note boringness as before. not to mention that 00:59:180 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - is where all the drums are.
01:01:309 (9) - finish here like 01:00:776 (1) - but this time without emphasis!
01:03:970 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1) - can you PLEASE find a way to make this stand out more above the rest of the part. i mean, the streams i think should increase in spacing and increase even more off of 01:04:502 (9) - due to the pitch reaching an all-time high that wasn't done anywhere else in the song before and due to the extra background noices that are being added up to this particular set of notes. for the sake of representing a song through a map please do something
01:06:896 (1) - i like to believe that this slider shouldnt be visually the same as 01:07:162 (1) - due to the big difference in sound that they emphasise. 01:06:896 (1) - is clearly a different drum beat thats being emphasised as 01:07:162 (1) - which i think you should also be able to figure out. if caring about visuals, then i think this should most definetly change as if visuals were actually important you would differenciate objects accordingly to emphasise the difference in sounds that the song makes.
01:16:209 (7,8,9) - really no care in making this different? heck even stacking would already make a great difference in showing that the music changes here. if i were to play this map without the song itself i would never be able to see that the song is changing any bit at all.
01:39:890 (1,2) - HOLD YOUR HORSES HERE FAM where the Living Hell is my Clickable Objects? ?? ? in all seriousness though, if you really feel like these should be kicksliders there might be something wrong with your headset/speaker/ear pods. the song here clearly has 4 drumbeats played on the 1/4 here but the map doesn't acknowledge them at all by making only half of them clickable. major concern imo
01:51:664 (6,4,5) - chap even for my standards on visuals this just bad
01:55:056 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - ok? so no emphasis on any of the 1/8 played here? like, not even mapping in 1/8 kicksliders to show that you're listening to the song here? also the last 8 notes don't have decreasing spacing while the song is clearly decreasing in intensity? damn time to buy some new audio setup boi cuz it feels like you have none.

"You're rude" is not really relevant when I as a player constantly find maps in the qualified section that looks like they had no effort put into them and were only made for gaining popularity and increasing his ego. This map feels very low quality, as if the mapper didn't give a single attempt to represent the song, but instead gives the impression "oh i mapped it in 1 hour lolxd." Please, try to put some more effort into your mapping and don't make streams that are this bland and boring to play. I haven't managed to finish the map once due to me clicking out of the map because I'm so bored, and I don't ever intend to look back. The map in its current state is a massive inconsistent pile of trash that shows no regard for what xi's song is doing
Enitoni
I'm not really a mapper, so I'm not going to do any modding, as I don't have the experience. I don't expect to not get backlash from this point, but I'm going to be blunt either way as I believe honesty is the best way to go.

I do want to give my word on this situation however and how I feel about the map. The map (top diff) to me feels like a shitty Freedom Dive ripoff, what's funny about it is that it lacks all the fun and creativity that Freedom Dive had. I feel like a lot of the streams, especially the ones near the end don't really represent the song at all, you can hear this intricate melody happening present in the song, but the streams don't really change in spacing, direction or flow to represent it. Overall, I feel the map was rushed to get it ranked as soon as possible, it feels very low quality and not to mention bland and boring.

I also want to address the arrogant vibe you're giving off here, Mr Triangle. There are many valid points that Mir and Naxess came with, but instead of listening to them, you actively act rude and condescending, dismissing the points. "That's too bad" is not a valid argument against a mod point, it's childish and immature. Is it because you think your map is perfect and needs no correction? I got that vibe when you said "I have no intention of fixing what's already great." Because you're a BN, and because everyone looks up to you, there's a cult of people who follow you and actively shut down other people who disagree with you, do you really want people to represent you this way?

Mir and Naxess are not trying to get your map forgotten and deleted, they are trying to improve it. So stop being stubborn and unreasonable and listen to them. Your map falls under the category "barely rankable" otherwise, which is of course the reputation you have gained now.

You should really try and step down a bit Monstrata, nobody likes arrogance.
Syph

HighTec wrote:

aoiuzhfnojklsnhfsek
what made u have an attitude like this lol u don't have to flame people in nearly every sentence and act so condescending for no reason
also a honest question can u even play a map like this because i think "i haven't even managed to finish the map once because it's boring" is kinda irrelevant when you can't even actually pass it

just a personal comment from taking a quick look at the map myself: i think the 1/3 section could've been a bit more interesting by changing direction or spacing or whatever on the stronger notes like 01:16:209 (7,8,9,1) - 01:16:741 (1,2,3,4) - 01:17:273 (7,8,9,1) - etc
Vivyanne
Edit: .
SnowNiNo_
mfw everyone can write an essay except me
Grim Rapper

SnowNiNo_ wrote:

mfw everyone can write an essay except me
no need an essay to make an argument to this mapset tbh

2017 mapping is became to crumbled
_DT3
Why tf is there a bird skeleton in the bg :thinking:
Swiftrax
GGs on ranking of this set :D

My friend really hates this track by xi, so I've been notifying him constantly xd
Anxient
>ranked when everyone said otherwise

monsy is the literal and actual madman. congratz man
unko
every diff in this sucks

500th post
Logic Agent

unko wrote:

every diff in this sucks
fuck you and fuck scuttlebug
unko
yeah you too