forum

Any suggestions?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
seasonS
Hey guys, I was wondering do you guys know any games i might enjoy? My main favorite games are....
-Osu!
-Touhou
-Legend of Zelda
**I love games that involve accuracy like osu and touhou.**
Update: Uhm more examples for you guys since you requested it... I like kind of "level up" and "adventure" games. I have a wii, ps3 and obviously a computer :3. idk many more examples o-o i dont play a very big variety of games. One simple suggestion (even if it doesnt match the catagories above) will be helpful :) But... i hate games like WoW and maplestory. idk how to classify those o:
adam2046

Sk8rdude4438 wrote:

My main favorite games are....
- A rhythm game
- A bullet hell shooter
- An action RPG
**I love games that involve a basic part of gameplay**
Please provide more examples of what kinds of games you enjoy, what consoles you own and perhaps be more specific with what you're looking for.
Two_old
Xanek

Sk8rdude4438 wrote:

**I love games that involve accuracy like osu and touhou.**
pintapau
If your PS3 is one of the properly backwards compatible ones you could try the Ar Tonelico or Persona series. Both are RPGs (that obviously have a level-up mechanic and adventuring), admittedly a bit grindy at times (I assume that's what you hate about WoW), but are more story emphasis with great gameplay. It's hard to explain, but these series managed to achieve a level of immersion I haven't found in other RPG's.

For the PS3 itself - Disgaea 3. It is very heavy in the grinding, but it's unique sense of humour and absurdity makes for a very entertaining game. Seriously - the game lets you level up to 9999, and you can deal damage in the millions eventually, and it tries to hang a lampshade on everything in sight.

For the Wii - Monster Hunter Tri. It's rather unique and quite fun once you get used to the very hard difficulty. Personally I use the classic controller for it as the Wiimote was very buggy for that game.
awp

pintapau wrote:

admittedly a bit grindy at times
Now, I've only played P4, but I understand P3 and P4 are similar in gameplay: Persona puts a much greater emphasis on strategy than grinding. That is to say, you never really have to grind at all (except maybe to get Agidyne for Black Frost before fighting Kubo, but that's about 30 minutes tops)

Still, props to Persona since it is excellent. For a game that values accuracy: Starfox 64. Admittedly you can just mash the shoot button and take everything down like that but there are bonus points for multi-hit charged shots and flight requires accuracy in order to make certain enemies spawn. Also it is very fun.
pintapau
My apologies - it was just that me being an idiot decided to play both Persona 3 and 4 on the hardest difficulty possible on my first playthrough. That was what required me to grind to avoid being wiped due to lucky criticals/mudo-spam/hama-spam. Seriously - half my battles were wipe the entire opposition party in one turn before they spam the one-hit kills.

awp wrote:

Starfox 64
CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT STAR FOX.
Ivalset
You don't need to grind on Maniac or Expert either.

Once you get a null physical persona in P4 the game is pretty much over, anyway.
adam2046
You may like Okami and Darksiders if you like the Legend of Zelda games.
If you don't already own it, it might be a good idea to look into buying The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion GotY Edition.
mathexpert
play mother 3. one of my favorite rpgs ever

http://mother3.fobby.net/
Rantai
Hmm so you don't like MMORPG's, ok.

I'd say try out the Mass Effect series. It's a third person shooter rpg with a lot of side quests and exploration. Not to mention the great story and dialogue.

I also agree with adam; that if you liked Zelda, you'll probably love Okami too.

Slightly less relevant, you may also be interested in Shadow of the Colossus (when it is released on the PS3).
Vext_old
Shame you don't have a 360, there's several good shmups in the style of toohooz on there.
Maliciousness_old
shadow hearts : from the new world...or other shadow hearts series (you need a good accuracy to perfectly hit judgement ring to deal big damage)

or magna carta

these two are the only RPG i knew that need some accuracy
awp

Ivalset wrote:

Once you get a null physical persona in P4 the game is pretty much over, anyway.
are you kidding I had a Trumpeter immune to everything except Wind and a Garudyne hit me for over 470 damage once

Null phys doesn't do shit post-game anyway because of all the Almighty elemental attacks :|
awp

Maliciousness wrote:

shadow hearts : from the new world...or other shadow hearts series (you need a good accuracy to perfectly hit judgement ring to deal big damage)
I've heard From the New World was the weakest entry in the series. That doesn't say much though, because Covenant was amazing.
Ivalset

awp wrote:

Ivalset wrote:

are you kidding I had a Trumpeter immune to everything except Wind and a Garudyne hit me for over 470 damage once

Null phys doesn't do shit post-game anyway because of all the Almighty elemental attacks :|
Debilitate, etc.

Before then, (ma)Tarunda+Rakukaja.

Physicals are probably the second most deadly thing in the game, only beaten by almighty attacks (Megidolaon and above). Crits and status effects are nothing to fuck around with. Especially when you have shit like God Hand/Primal Force critting for over 1k.

Also, why are you using a persona that doesn't have wind resistance against something that's using wind attacks, huh?! Get a Norn or something, they look super boss.
awp
It's because of how the skill inheritance works in that game - since it's japanese, it's fucking retarded and the skills are randomly re-rolled each time you enter the fusion result window. I didn't have the patience to roll a Null Wind + Null Physical + Null Fire in a single recipie. Getting Null Fire + Null Physical took 10 minutes (approximately 200 re-rolls) and at that point I was like fuck it whatever

props to debilitate though, that shit comes in so handy against bosses.
Ivalset
It's a good thing you can hold 12 persona then right?!
awp
I only use two of them but yeah