how do you guys think about new DT system ?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Jakads
concept is cool
result is not
Kamikaze

Cawub wrote:

Honestly I think they should have at least gotten community input on this before even implementing it, or they should have at least put a discussion thread in place like they did with scorev2. By the looks of it the majority of the community isn't very happy with it.
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/181853

there is one
it's ignored tho (3 years and one or two changes not to the algorithm too)
Hoto Cocoa
Seriously, DT system will now encourage players to practice more vibro and level their handspeed.
Do I have to play stepmania too for pp farming now?
DT sometimes ruins the song and discourages players (at least it does for me) to enjoy the song.
This is REALLY SAD
Edgar_Figaro
Btw if they want to not give speed players the huge advantage over accuracy players they should have made HR rankable at the same time.
Bubbler

Halogen- wrote:

There's a reason why people are avoiding other maps that are that high in SR: they don't scale well, likely because they're a more true reflection of what their difficulty should actually be with regards to the star rating.
For 7K, players are forced to play every single high-SR map (they can manage) to gain sufficient PP to compete with others. I just noticed that you're mainly a 4K player, so I suspect the things are different like, players can choose from the vast pool of maps with similar SR and they actually play the easiest maps and ignore others - am I right? Then I see it's a serious problem that should be solved ASAP in order to keep the DT system.

Halogen- wrote:

...But the fact of the matter is that measure -is- inaccurate, and until something is done to remedy these inaccuracies, it deserves to be mentioned, over and over again.
Again, no system - either SR or PP, to say in osu terms - can be perfect, but I completely agree that the current mania SR system needs lots of rework. Maybe the osudev should start experimenting right now with factors like stamina, speed, LN combinations, and whatever they need to adjust the SR.

Message to osudev:
Possible alternative ways to determine SR could be community votes (insane BMS chart does that) and statistical approach (a site called "walkure" does that over the maps of insane BMS chart to calculate more realistic difficulties), but the former is too risky for the current osu PP system, and the latter does not seem to fit well on such a small set of data (# of maps, # of players). So I think the best bet is to fine-tune the SR formula, and of course it requires lots of trial and error.

Halogen- wrote:

...Triumph and Regret...
Wow. You're right, I completely forgot that one. And now I remember a few more 4K maps whose main difficulties (and SR) come from that kind of jumptrill tricks. Now I should admit I was wrong, and it would mean that the dev team was also wrong. I had said that "everyone's PP maps" will be eventually cancelled out if everyone plays those maps (I suspect the dev team also has thought like that), but if the "farm-able" amount of PP with less skill is that large, the PP system as a measure of ability would be no longer trusted.
Todestrieb

Bubbler wrote:

[...] players can choose from the vast pool of maps with similar SR and they actually play the easiest maps and ignore others - am I right?
The pool of high difficulty charts in 4k is still too small to be able to pick charts you like if you want to be competitive. The 4k are most of the times 4 stars ranked, high level players can't let one pass if they want to be high in the leaderboard.
Yyorshire
This is probably the worst change to a game that I have ever seen in my life

So it's pretty great
Tripletth
I switched to mania because I wanted to escape the DT mentality of STD.

Guess I'd better go practice my jacks, why even learn reading LN patterns anymore right? :^)
Halogen-
I'll probably come back to this thread sometime within the weekend to talk about potential band-aid solutions to this - as in, things to make this better without fixing the SR system, though the SR system really needs work in any case. It's still possible to salvage this whole DT mess.
Edgar_Figaro

Halogen- wrote:

I'll probably come back to this thread sometime within the weekend to talk about potential band-aid solutions to this - as in, things to make this better without fixing the SR system, though the SR system really needs work in any case. It's still possible to salvage this whole DT mess.
Just out of curiosity do you think adding HR mod would help to balance speed and ACC players? Taiko and Standard both have DT & HR active which helps to give 2 viable ways of playing (one focusing on speed while the other on accuracy) I think the problem with JUST adding DT is Speed players are instantly better than ACC players in terms of the PP system.
[Gaia]

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

Halogen- wrote:

Just out of curiosity do you think adding HR mod would help to balance speed and ACC players? Taiko and Standard both have DT & HR active which helps to give 2 viable ways of playing (one focusing on speed while the other on accuracy) I think the problem with JUST adding DT is Speed players are instantly better than ACC players in terms of the PP system.
What if I suck at both
Redon
Reminder that spamming through maps you can barely play to get an A is obviously more significant than a 99%+ FC on an appropriate difficulty level. Bravo SR system
Hinpoppo
Idk I'm having fun and it lead me to pay attention to the game after a 4 month hiatus
Yyorshire
By spamming through high SR songs I've finally made it to the top 1000 and couldn't feel less accomplished with myself
Sandalphon
DT in mania is different with other osu game mode
[KoKo]
its ok
aitor98
Fool moon ranked when
ArcherLove
o2jam gogo
Rhonin
%%%%%
Hinpoppo
How about we just really also over-inflate accuracy stuff so that if you get close to 1m your PP goes super inflate like shwabang
show more