Total Posts
show more
Sotarks

VINXIS wrote:

XPPpPpPpP
Cherry Blossom

VINXIS wrote:

fam dats cuz u did virtuly nothign ths yr XPPpPpPpP hehe >:9
Apparently, i ranked one of the only BOFU2015 song in 2016, std and the whole mapset done by me
but it seems people have ignored/forgotten it because it was not outstanding wwww

lo
l
VINXIS
thts y i said virtually Lol Xd
Cherry Blossom

VINXIS wrote:

thts y i said virtually Lol Xd
h
oly
grumd

Shiro wrote:

not even nominated in the mappers category

this is just depressing at this point
me neither, but tengaku and retina are there, so let's celebrate :tada:
fieryrage
im not even in rookie hell yea
unko
i hope scuttle bug gets ranked in time
Seijiro
I'd like some proof as to why people in outstanding contribution are in there.
I obviously don't stalk all of them and I have no idea what they did in the past year, so how can I cast a fair vote about them? =w=

First of all I'm curious as why I'm in there too.
I'm not saying I should or not be in there, but rather the reasons why I'm there. Whatever those reasons may be you should also confirm them with the user in question, since some nominator can just assume things on his own for things that someone may haven't done at all (just trying to bring up an interesting possible scenario).
Maybe someone helped a lot with an osu!booth in their country at some sort of event or maybe they got a lot of stuff done behind the scenes in general, not just modding/mapping activity (which imo is not enough to qualify someone for this). Stuff that only few witnessed and can actually say "yes, this guy worked his ass off for the game"

^ But I'd like to know what those things are, thanks
GoldenWolf
Wait, so Counter-Attack of the Weak is nominated in the hitsounds category, but Gensou, Yume no Owari isn't?

FeelsBadMan
Shiirn
If you want to bitch about a map not getting nominated, bear in mind you could have nominated it yourself. Even if it was your own map.
Monstrata
@MrSergio - people just nominate. Unless they actually gave reasons for why they nominated people (which wasn't required), no one running the MCA can actually answer your question - unless you'd like an answer like "Cuz someone nominated them/you".
Flower
The system through PM is so complicated that I doubt whether there will be more than a dozen of people vote for something different from their nomination.
[ A v a l o n ]
Std as always
LGV894

VINXIS wrote:

Hi relevant person!
lol is LGV894 still a relevant mapper?

asking the real question here
Shiirn

Flower wrote:

The system through PM is so complicated that I doubt whether there will be more than a dozen of people vote for something different from their nomination.
I don't understand how it's complicated.

You have 13 votes split among 7 points. you list what maps/users you want to give X amount of points.

I'd be shocked if someone actually used all 13 votes for each section, there isn't enough content for that.
Liiraye
If I knew I could vote for myself I would've participated huehueueh
Seijiro
Then please remove the oustanding contribution bracket lmao.
As I said there is no meaning in blindly voting on assumptions. Differently from the other brackets, this one can't really be based on "subjective stuff": I can say that X's mods are better than Y's imo, but if someone contributes to the game is a solid fact. By itself it shouldn't even really exist a voting, since it's something you can decide based on objective stuff.
Topic Starter
hehe

Shiirn wrote:

You have 13 votes split among 7 points. you list what maps/users you want to give X amount of points.

I'd be shocked if someone actually used all 13 votes for each section, there isn't enough content for that.
it's more of a 'unnecessarily complicated' than anything. formatting and all, i can understand where he's coming from. we just lack a proper system to vote for stuff with user verification (which is why we didn't use Google Forms), so this'll have to do.

MrSergio wrote:

Then please remove the oustanding contribution bracket lmao.
As I said there is no meaning in blindly voting on assumptions. Differently from the other brackets, this one can't really be based on "subjective stuff": I can say that X's mods are better than Y's imo, but if someone contributes to the game is a solid fact. By itself it shouldn't even really exist a voting, since it's something you can decide based on objective stuff.
i don't see how that's a reason to remove it. this vote is purely subjective and opinion based, if a user feels that X didn't contribute, he wouldn't vote. yeah sure there's the fact that not everyone who contributes aims to get their name out there for exposure, so the average person won't 'notice' them. but i think it's a fair compromise so that the people who contribute get at least some sort of recognition, rather than none at all in the name of 'fairness'.
Nakano Itsuki
tbh you could have set up google forms but require the user to pm for verification (within a set amount of time or w/e, that is) that it is actually them that casted the vote.
Topic Starter
hehe

StarrStyx wrote:

tbh you could have set up google forms but require the user to pm for verification (within a set amount of time or w/e, that is) that it is actually them that casted the vote.

very roundabout way of 'verifying', and also unreliable and possibly the same or more complications.
winber1
hello
Secretpipe
will nominate myself next time to be on da list :v
Vivyanne
all these good people not being nominated

but i see myself in there 2x and gabe power

have memes gone too far?
pkhg
i saw myself and uta here
this isnt going to end well

natsu's halcyon on hitsounding lmao
Flower

Shiirn wrote:

Flower wrote:

You are changing the topic. What I meant is that I spent almost a whole afternoon composing a single PM with given format, not counting time spent checking beatmaps and people. This simply sucks.
pkhg
thats why i didnt participed xd
Shiirn

Flower wrote:

You are changing the topic. What I meant is that I spent almost a whole afternoon composing a single PM with given format, not counting time spent checking beatmaps and people. This simply sucks.

I spent like a half hour. I barely paid much attention to the mapping scene much all this past year and I still recognized 90% of the nominations just by name. Props to you for going into the nitty-gritty and comparing and constrasting beatmaps and people against one another, but it really shouldn't take all day to throw down some votes.

If you were going to go that deep into detail, the format being more suitable for that would not have saved you a significant amount of time.
HootOwlStar
maybe using survey sites in the future would make things go smoother and faster idk
VINXIS
we'r using a website next yr anyway Lmoa
Topic Starter
hehe
Votes close in roughly 11 hours, things are surprisingly close so every vote counts!
Mun
results when
Topic Starter
hehe
Alright, votes are closed! Results will be out this Friday! (10 Feb)
_handholding

handsome wrote:

Alright, votes are closed! Results will be out this Friday! (10 Feb)
Drumroll pls
VINXIS
Drumroll pls
Caput Mortuum
Topic Starter
hehe
Ascendance
Gratz
Nathan
well deserved pishi
squirrelpascals
Phishi well earned the Grand MCA Award. Congrats!
Senko-san
Unsurprising Nobore is Unsurprising.

Still, congratz.
show more