forum

Hello, only 1 week in and i want to improve

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
P213
Hello, i just started 1 week
Recently i have started to play 4* - 5* because it seems more challenging however people keeps telling me to try to FC 3*. I still don't really understand how the PP system works, but it seems that it's better to FC a 3* than to pass a 4* but no FC.
My Angel Raphi
Since its only been one week, I think you should take other peoples' advice and not rush into 4 stars. The reason why fcing 3 stars is better is because the amount of pp is determined by how many people you triumph in song leaderboards and just your score in general. Full combos will always give you higher ranks in leaderboards over anything else so its the best way to rank up.

Unless you don't care about pp and ranking up, you can always just play what you want.
Llahmah 2
If you are one week in don't do 4*. If you start off playing songs that are way too fast you later have to put in a lot of work fixing all the terrible habits you've created. I would start slow, learn how to go along with the rhythm, get good acc on 2*-3*. It might sound super boring compared to beating a 5* in your first day, but beating a song and playing it are two different things, and trust me, you want to play it.
_handholding

7 days and already got a B grade on a 4* diff

That's kind of impressive ngl
Caput Mortuum
Because the pp system only cares about fc
Naeferith

P213 wrote:

Hello, i just started 1 week
Recently i have started to play 4* - 5* because it seems more challenging however people keeps telling me to try to FC 3*. I still don't really understand how the PP system works, but it seems that it's better to FC a 3* than to pass a 4* but no FC.
Don't worry you're not alone ^^. I started aproximatly 2 weeks ago and I (still) got this problem. I only succeded to a few beatmaps 4*.
I think it's better to FC 3* beatmaps beacause it forces you improving accuracy.
For my part, my biggest issue is my accuracy so I redo some beatmaps I passed with low acc and try to do better. And it seems to work.

Just try differents beatmaps with differents BPM, different length, with jumps and/or streams etc.
And keep practicing.
Blitzfrog
PP is best gained by obtaining the max combo of any song, then after a max combo, or close to max combo, the accuracy is the next deciding factor. So to get good pp, get high combo first, then high accuracy. Obviously higher star difficulty results in higher pp, it actually grows exponentially with respect to star difficulty
-Makishima S-
PP system cares about your FC and sky high accuracy.
Don't expect any good word on your garbage 90% scores, even despite playing 1 week. It's more like stupidity to not follow proper path.
I guess you are not aware: without playing normal path: normals -> hards -> insane in term of star difficulty and aiming for high acc + fc, you will learn jack shit.
For now, you just mash buttons, nothing else.
Deusieus
don't rush to 4 stars yet, just fc 3 stars till you get the hang of it then slowly transition from 3 to 3.5 then 3.8 till you reach 4 stars and fc them.