C.H.S - Interlude - teatime [Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
68
show more
xEchoAlertx
Using this background is analogous to mixing up "your" and "you're" -- makes no difference to anyone who doesn't know any better, but really cringeworthy/embarrassing to anyone who, in this case, knows anything about Touhou. And it's easily corrected: please get a pic of Meiling.
Topic Starter
Ascendance
I'm sorry dad.. Please come home
Fii

xEchoAlertx wrote:

Using this background is analogous to mixing up "your" and "you're" -- makes no difference to anyone who doesn't know any better, but really cringeworthy/embarrassing to anyone who, in this case, knows anything about Touhou. And it's easily corrected: please get a pic of Meiling.
dude who cares all tohos are the same
Topic Starter
Ascendance
helo
xEchoAlertx

Fii wrote:

xEchoAlertx wrote:

Using this background is analogous to mixing up "your" and "you're" -- makes no difference to anyone who doesn't know any better, but really cringeworthy/embarrassing to anyone who, in this case, knows anything about Touhou. And it's easily corrected: please get a pic of Meiling.
dude who cares all tohos are the same
Think of it in terms of leitmotifs: whenever Darth Vader strolls onscreen, his theme song plays. Not the Leia/Han love theme song. If that happened, you would probably laugh: those movies so thoroughly accomplish their characterizations via the use of leitmotifs that it would be very obvious if something were musically out of place. The Touhou games have some fairly sophisticated characterization techniques, given that they're bullet hell games. The most obvious is the one that makes use of the genre itself: e.g. Nitori is a kappa, so all of her bullet patterns resemble curving and flowing waterways; Kaguya's five impossible tasks for her suitors get reimagined as "impossible" danmaku patterns. Another is the construction of a theme song for each character, kinda like in Star Wars or Wagnerian opera. It's a great credit to ZUN as a game designer that I can understand what these characters are like, even before playing English patches (i.e. the dialogue is so supported by other means of characterization). Play the games: they're fun, challenging, rewarding, and there's a great deal more attention to character than you would think that the genre would allow for.
OzzyOzrock

xEchoAlertx wrote:

Nitori is a kappa, so all of her bullet patterns resemble curving and flowing waterways;
She must have some kappa pride!
Topic Starter
Ascendance

xEchoAlertx wrote:

Think of it in terms of leitmotifs: whenever Darth Vader strolls onscreen, his theme song plays. Not the Leia/Han love theme song. If that happened, you would probably laugh: those movies so thoroughly accomplish their characterizations via the use of leitmotifs that it would be very obvious if something were musically out of place. The Touhou games have some fairly sophisticated characterization techniques, given that they're bullet hell games. The most obvious is the one that makes use of the genre itself: e.g. Nitori is a kappa, so all of her bullet patterns resemble curving and flowing waterways; Kaguya's five impossible tasks for her suitors get reimagined as "impossible" danmaku patterns. Another is the construction of a theme song for each character, kinda like in Star Wars or Wagnerian opera. It's a great credit to ZUN as a game designer that I can understand what these characters are like, even before playing English patches (i.e. the dialogue is so supported by other means of characterization). Play the games: they're fun, challenging, rewarding, and there's a great deal more attention to character than you would think that the genre would allow for.
I greatly admire your dedication to touhou. If the map is DQ'd for whatever reasons, I will change the background. Otherwise, the most I can promse you is more research on my own part for next time.
xEchoAlertx

Ascendance wrote:

I greatly admire your dedication to touhou. If the map is DQ'd for whatever reasons, I will change the background. Otherwise, the most I can promse you is more research on my own part for next time.
Thanks, that sounds fair enough. Anyway, this is a pleasant low-diff mapset. I like the literal mapping to the melody on the top diff, with its slight bit of variation in the 1/2 patterns where there could feasibly be some leeway in deciding to put a kat on a higher note -- it makes it so that you don't have the sensation of merely repeating the same thing three times in a row, when playing it.
OnosakiHito
Disqualified for now so you have the time to change the BG. The character you are searching for is Hong Meiling, not Marisa Kirisame.
Weber
ples do not steal my bg :(
-[ Dumpling ]-

Kisses wrote:

>When more effort goes into checking the metadata than actually mapping
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Okay the background now has a new waifu in it. Hopefully this can be requalified now :0
OzzyOzrock
WHAT THE FUCK
-[ Dumpling ]-
lol
Sandalphon
Nice bg ;3
Topic Starter
Ascendance
som1 requalify my map plz..
OnosakiHito
BG fixed. Back to qualification state.
RNG
why still don't change artist name?
who is C.H.S? :oops:
Kuo Kyoka
I can't believe that the map passed with this metadata, and told t+pazolite feat. Rizna didn't existed accroding to "can't find a proper artist name" on album website and put a circle name as an artist instead.

It's existed? YES.

https://twitter.com/bemanistyle/status/ ... 8288651265

Why you link another song name?
To proof that t+pazolite feat. Rizna is existed.

It doesn't make any senses as an example.
Putting a circle name as an artist wasn't a good decision either.

<Please igrone this post, I'm posting this while I'm raging>
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Hate metadata
Please sign in to reply.

New reply