forum

Blank Banshee - Teen Pregnancy [Osu|CatchTheBeat|OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
victorfernando
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on segunda-feira, 30 de janeiro de 2017 at 20:46:08

Artist: Blank Banshee
Title: Teen Pregnancy
Tags: v a p o r w a v e sunday school teen pregnancy vaporwave
BPM: 111
Filesize: 27590kb
Play Time: 02:56
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (2,37 stars, 362 notes)
  2. I'm Just A kid (5,29 stars, 805 notes)
  3. Insane (3,88 stars, 615 notes)
  4. jack5osu's Salad (1,69 stars, 373 notes)
  5. Normal (1,56 stars, 201 notes)
  6. Novice - 4Key (1,94 stars, 662 notes)
  7. V A P O R E A S Y (1,31 stars, 151 notes)
Download: Blank Banshee - Teen Pregnancy
Download: Blank Banshee - Teen Pregnancy (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
(Easy ,normal(Re-Doned 29/01) , Hard , Jack5osu salad Insane100%)
(18/01 Removed Extra
(20/01Removed Osu Mania! Diff)(28/01 Added Osu Mania ! Diff <3)
(27/01) Added Red Glass Skin <3 :) ;)
(Added 28/01 Im Just A kid (Expert ) 100% Done )
(NEED MOD , INSANE AND EXPERT <3)
(30/01/2017 Re-Download It I made 10 changes 2 days before <3)
(30/01/2017 make more streamers On insane To Not stack To much the circles )
u624ka
V A P O R E A S Y
00:02:702 (2) - there is no sound there, it's on the red tick, and that sound is the same as the one at 00:01:621 (1) so placing sliders instead of a kick slider will reflect the music better.
00:04:323 (3) - applies here as well, the sound is half a beat behind, but you did well to reflect the pause by making it a simple hitcircle, and not another slider.
Illustration for the above.

00:05:945 (5,6) - the musical pattern here is basically the same as before, with important sounds on white-red-white-red, so the beat placement should be similar as well. However, you might want to emphasize the change in tone on the latter two sounds somehow. Perhaps, with two sliders with progressively lower velocity, but I'm not really sure about this.

00:10:269 (7) - should be a new combo, because it's a new distinct part of the track.

00:11:350 (1) - the sound this is supposed to represent is actually 1/4 of a beat behind, on a blue tick. Also, this section is slightly more intense than the start of the song, and there is a clap on that slider end, which gives a good opportunity to emphasize it with a hitcircle of its own, and give that slight increase to hit object density to reflect the growing intensity. A pattern like this would work well, I think.

00:12:431 (2,3) - this pattern is not consistent with the previous pattern, and this issue is present all over the map. You use random patterns of uneven length to represent identical music paterns/sounds.

For example, this slider's end 00:14:053 (5) lands on an important sound, which doesn't reflect the music well because of how slider emphasis works: slider end carries less emphasis than a slider head, because the player doesn't have to actively click it.

00:27:566 (5) and from here on there is another increase in intensity, which warrants another slight addition to hit object density, similar to what I mentioned earlier about 00:11:350 (1) However, for some reason you chose to go for longer sliders like 00:31:891 (3) and 00:38:918 (4) instead, which make the beatmap less intense and overlap important sounds that should be emphasized. Increasing slider velocity here was a good desicion.

So, basically, try to listen to the music more closely and place emphasis where it's due, pay attention to the variations in intensity, and be more consistent with the hitobject patterns, i.e. represent similar parts of the song in a similar fashion.

Same general concepts apply to your Normal difficulty as well, because it has the same emphasis and consistency issues.

Good luck with your map.
Topic Starter
victorfernando

u624ka wrote:

V A P O R E A S Y
00:02:702 (2) - there is no sound there, it's on the red tick, and that sound is the same as the one at 00:01:621 (1) so placing sliders instead of a kick slider will reflect the music better.
00:04:323 (3) - applies here as well, the sound is half a beat behind, but you did well to reflect the pause by making it a simple hitcircle, and not another slider.
Illustration for the above.

00:05:945 (5,6) - the musical pattern here is basically the same as before, with important sounds on white-red-white-red, so the beat placement should be similar as well. However, you might want to emphasize the change in tone on the latter two sounds somehow. Perhaps, with two sliders with progressively lower velocity, but I'm not really sure about this.

00:10:269 (7) - should be a new combo, because it's a new distinct part of the track.

00:11:350 (1) - the sound this is supposed to represent is actually 1/4 of a beat behind, on a blue tick. Also, this section is slightly more intense than the start of the song, and there is a clap on that slider end, which gives a good opportunity to emphasize it with a hitcircle of its own, and give that slight increase to hit object density to reflect the growing intensity. A pattern like this would work well, I think.

00:12:431 (2,3) - this pattern is not consistent with the previous pattern, and this issue is present all over the map. You use random patterns of uneven length to represent identical music paterns/sounds.

For example, this slider's end 00:14:053 (5) lands on an important sound, which doesn't reflect the music well because of how slider emphasis works: slider end carries less emphasis than a slider head, because the player doesn't have to actively click it.

00:27:566 (5) and from here on there is another increase in intensity, which warrants another slight addition to hit object density, similar to what I mentioned earlier about 00:11:350 (1) However, for some reason you chose to go for longer sliders like 00:31:891 (3) and 00:38:918 (4) instead, which make the beatmap less intense and overlap important sounds that should be emphasized. Increasing slider velocity here was a good desicion.

So, basically, try to listen to the music more closely and place emphasis where it's due, pay attention to the variations in intensity, and be more consistent with the hitobject patterns, i.e. represent similar parts of the song in a similar fashion.

Same general concepts apply to your Normal difficulty as well, because it has the same emphasis and consistency issues.

Good luck with your map.
Thanks For All , Please Mod The Rest i do recently <3
EriveltonGold
Hi victor I gonna mod this
Normal
1/4 Try To use Red Line to beat's , I now it's a thing from hard beatmap , but the map has certain parts need the red line beat like 00:11:35 00:25:00
And Another . :) ( It is also highly recommended to avoid these:
triplets/streams (1/4 notes)
spacing inconsistencies (close AND far placed notes within the same combo(s))

Beginners can easily be confused and disoriented by these, so they are unfit for a Normal difficulty unless absolutely necessary. Do not be afraid to ask on #modhelp or on the forum if you are unclear whether these are needed in your map.) The slider velocity can vary greatly. Typically, 1.0x to 1.6x works well for a Normal, but at high BPMs you might want to use less than 1.0x. Your difficulty settings and slider velocity settings really depend on whether or not you have an Easy. If you have an Easy, then you want to make it harder than your Easy. If you don't have an Easy, you want to make it so that newbies can still play your map easily.
A Distance Snap of x1.0 is commonly used because it gives the spacing a speed that's equal to the sliders. However, since you generally move your mouse faster than is necessary, 0.7x to 0.8x potentially gives better flow into the sliders (which is why 0.8x is the default). Experiment a bit and see what works the best for your style, but don't go crazy.
EriveltonGold
Note that most of the notes should be on white or red Ticks (Of course, this does not apply to songs that use 1/3 snap, though this is rare.). Blue ticks (also known as 1/4 snap) are often difficult for newer players to play because of how quick and/or awkward they are when you start playing, so avoid using them if you can.
Topic Starter
victorfernando

EriveltonGold wrote:

Note that most of the notes should be on white or red Ticks (Of course, this does not apply to songs that use 1/3 snap, though this is rare.). Blue ticks (also known as 1/4 snap) are often difficult for newer players to play because of how quick and/or awkward they are when you start playing, so avoid using them if you can.
Thanks <3
EriveltonGold
Hard
-Some Parts Confuse My Head Like 02:45:624 to 02:48:625 Try to do this on Insane Mode or Extra ,
Hard difficulties are considered the second most difficult in the general of 4 difficulty mapset. This difficulty level between normal and hard difficulty is considered enormous and is considered by many one of the hardest learning curves.

These maps generally have a higher approach rate, HP drain rate and overall difficulty compared with Normal difficulties. More complex/difficult patterns also appear in this difficulty such as short streams and jumps. Depending on the mapper's ability and the song used, this name will be used instead of Insane, based on mapper's relative comparison on testplay results.

If your map has a Hard difficulty you should try to keep the map considerably easier than the Insane. (Avoid big jumps and fast/long streams)

A commonly used technique to map Hards for faster songs is a simple pattern of 1/1 Sliders and 1/2 Circles between them (sometimes left out to create small pauses from the speed, especially when played with DoubleTime).

Try to not create a huge gap between your Hard and Insane difficulty, it might unbalance your entire mapset.
Understand ? :D For more tips Consulting the https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki Give you a Big help
EriveltonGold
if you wanna do a insane or extra(Expert) beatmap must be have Insane difficulties are the hardest difficulty in the general 4 difficulty mapset. These maps are generally exemplifications of the mapper's skill, and are the difficulties where creativity can be easily shown. Some other difficulty names have been applied with similar meaning as "insane", like Lunatic ("crazy", as it appears as the hardest difficulty in Touhou series), Another (IIDX beatmania series), Extreme (Jubeat Series), etc.
An issue with Insane maps is that they can be Overmapped to increase the map's difficulty.
Settings

Note that this is only a general suggestion. The difficulty setting varies depending on the song itself and mapper's own style.
HP Drain: 6 or above
Circle Size: Any
Approach Rate: 7 or above
Overall Difficulty: 7 or above
EriveltonGold
Or if you wanna do a expert

In ways to push and extend the limits of beatmapping, Expert was invented/created to be beatmaps like Insane but go beyond.
It could be the extra 5th difficulty (if beatmaps are formatted in ENHIX) or the 4th (if beatmaps are formatted in NHIX). These maps, like Insane, quote, "generally exemplifications of the mapper's skill, and are the difficulties where creativity can be easily shown."

On the osu!beatmap listing page (for example: Rise Against - The Good Left Undone (Extreme)), one may tell it is an Expert map with this icon: Diffexpert.png
Characteristically, expert difficulties are difficult maps, usually featuring both streams and jumps. A map receives the expert icon when its star rating reaches more than 5.25 stars.
An issue with Expert maps, like Insane maps, is that they can easily be Overmapped to increase the map's difficulty.
Settings

Note: this is only a general suggestion. The difficulty setting will vary depending on the song itself and mapper's own style.
Also note: in most cases it's the mapping, not the Song Setup, but doing this (or similar) is a step of the way!
HP (HP Drain): 6+
CS (Circle Size): Any
AR (Approach Rate): 9+
OD (Overall Difficulty): 8+
EriveltonGold
I see You Updated Easy , It's More Easy Than The First Thanks To Follow The Tips , it's not Good Use 1/2 For Easy And Use Red Tick , you make good 1/1
EriveltonGold
You Basically Forget To put HP , CS , OD On right Place ! Don't Forget it And The Extra Need 7 HP
jack5osu
I'm no expert in critiquing but seeing as there are no Blank Banshee maps ranked I thought I would give some general opinions.
  • In the easy maps, hold notes have extremely varied speed, which makes it hard to play when using custom skins.
    In most, if not all maps, several hold notes overlap each other, and since their starting points are not in the exact same position, players do not have enough time to orient themselves. The same applies to hold notes which have really tight paths, where instead of orientation, players become confused where they should lead their mouse.
    The background, while tolerable at first, becomes unbelievably shaky towards the middle-end of the song, even exiting the storyboard's field of view. I would suggest either using Blank Banshee's official music video for Teen Pregnancy instead.
Thanks for reading, and if you have made changes, please reply with patch notes.
Topic Starter
victorfernando

jack5osu wrote:

I'm no expert in critiquing but seeing as there are no Blank Banshee maps ranked I thought I would give some general opinions.
  • In the easy maps, hold notes have extremely varied speed, which makes it hard to play when using custom skins.
    In most, if not all maps, several hold notes overlap each other, and since their starting points are not in the exact same position, players do not have enough time to orient themselves. The same applies to hold notes which have really tight paths, where instead of orientation, players become confused where they should lead their mouse.
    The background, while tolerable at first, becomes unbelievably shaky towards the middle-end of the song, even exiting the storyboard's field of view. I would suggest either using Blank Banshee's official music video for Teen Pregnancy instead.
Thanks for reading, and if you have made changes, please reply with patch notes.
You mean This : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQxDM2K-hd0 ?
jack5osu
Topic Starter
victorfernando

jack5osu wrote:

I mean this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7eKJ_rlzuk
Thanks I already put this just Re-Download it and play
jack5osu
I deleted the map through osu! and redownloaded it, and the video is in the map's files, but for some reason it does not appear within any of the maps, as well as the fact that the original Bart Simpson thumbnail is still visible within the menu when Song thumbnails are turned on in options. This may be a client issue, but I implore you to check your map with first-time players of your map to see if they run into the same issue. As always, here are my thoughts, and this time I've taken the liberty of opening the editor and finding the exact points in time where there are errors.

V A P O R E A S Y
Map-wide
Combos are scattered all over the place. Try to start a new combo every 4 or 8 beats, and if you cannot start a new combo exactly on the first beat, make it start on the next applicable circle or slider.
00:08:107
Is it possible to remove break time while not adding any circles? Try to do this with every similarly short gap in the mapping.
00:24:323
Consider changing this small slider to a single circle.
00:34:053
Too far away from previous circle. In addition to this. The slider after the one listed at the time recorded should also be brought closer, and its end point raised to avoid overlap.
00:40:539
Too far away from previous and next sliders.
00:48:648
Consider changing this small slider to a single circle.
00:54:539
Too far away from previous slider.
01:09:729
Too far away from previous slider. Drop it around to the left of the previous slider and make it point up so the next circle is easily reached.
01:40:539
Slider path is ridiculous. Keep it a simple straight or a slight curve rather than a tight loop.
01:47:026
The slider path at the time recorded and the next slider's path are both ridiculous. Keep them a simple straight or a slight curve rather than tight loops.
02:06:485
Slider path is ridiculous. Keep it a simple straight or a slight curve rather than jutting out so suddenly.
02:26:485
Slider path is ridiculous. Keep it a simple straight or a slight curve rather than a tight loop.
02:35:134
Slider path is ridiculous. Keep it a simple straight or a slight curve rather than jutting out so suddenly. The slider AFTER the one listed at the time recorded also needs straightening.
02:45:945
Move this spinner forward 8 1/1 steps and all of the circles and sliders after it should respectively be moved backward 8 1/1 steps. You can change the step time you are in with the Beat Snap Divisor.
02:54:593
Delete this slider.

Normal
Map-wide
Combos are scattered all over the place. Try to start a new combo every 4 or 8 beats, and if you cannot start a new combo exactly on the first beat, make it start on the next applicable circle or slider.
00:04:864
The silence here is unsettling. I suggest adding three circles (each 1/2 a step away from each-other) and then a gap to tie into the next circle.
00:13:377
If you're going to put a circle or slider off-beat once, you're expected to do it again. Shift the slider from just after the time recorded into the time recorded, and do the same for any other circles or sliders that don't match up with the kick drums in the song (I'm not going to comment on any more off-beat misses, I trust your judgement). Additionally, the slider after that one (that starts a new combo) has an unusual overlapping end to it, and I suggest straightening that.
00:34:593
Too far away from previous and next sliders.
00:39:999
Too far away from previous slider.
00:45:945
Too far away from previous slider and next circle. Perhaps nest it where the curve of the slider is centered around?
01:03:242
Too far away from previous slider. The same goes for the circle at 01:08:107.
02:09:188
There's no circle here...
02:54:593
Delete any circles from this point on and move the slider to the recorded time.

I might critique the other modes in a seperate post. I also decided to make a Catch the Beat exclusive map for you, if you wouldn't mind using it. Using a Notepad program of your choice, carefully slot the .osu file into the folder where your mappings are (and put an apostrophe and an s after Luigi370).
Topic Starter
victorfernando
Thanks <3 I love it
jack5osu
Aaaaaand here's some more feedback.

All maps
The video is out of sync with the audio. I have created an updated version that you can download here and use.
Check through all of your timing and make sure each point in the song uses the exact same hitsound. There are a couple of instances where you switch between Normal and Soft unprovoked, just stick with one or the other.
Check through all of your timing and make sure Kiai time turns on and off at the exact right moment. See my Salad map for reference.

V A P O R E A S Y
02:56:756 Spinner should end here.

Normal
00:13:783 This slider is not off-beat like the one before it. Shift it over, and do the same for any future sliders that are supposed to be off-beat. Here is a complete listing of all other incorrectly timed sliders and circles: 00:19:864, 00:20:539, 00:22:161, 00:24:323, 01:03:242, 01:04:864, 01:09:729, 02:03:783, 02:05:810, 02:10:134, 02:12:431, 02:14:593, 02:18:783

Hard
00:25:404 Put a spinner here, and make it end at 00:27:296 so players are forced to stop before the spinner ends if they want to reach the circle in time. Allows for some serious high-score competition.
00:46:756 Sliders are suddenly too fast without warning! Make them normal speed.
00:53:512 Delete this circle.
00:59:999 Move the previous spinner to this point and end it at 01:01:891.
01:35:404 This circle is too far away from the previous circle.
01:36:756 Straighten this slider.
02:10:810 The slider isn't long enough to give people time to react as it repeats multiple times. Either have it repeat only once, or only once but with it longer as well.

Insane
I am no expert when it comes to Insane mapping, but I know for a fact that the positioning of sliders in this one is all over the place. In the editor, set the speed to 75% and try your hardest to follow the pattern (without clicking or using buttons of course). If you can't match the pace, then shift everything around not only to match the beat but also to be close together, so it is possible to jump from circle to circle! Luigi370 can get away with large gaps because Extra players are able to match that speed, but you can't get away with it in Insane. Also, Luigi370's map has the beat in sync too! Just check and re-map everything in this difficulty.
jack5osu
More! More!

Standart SPELT WRONG. IT'S Standard
Use Soft audio and turn off hitsounds for all notes. osu!mania is a lot better without hitsounds.
Check your timing setup and make sure that the entire map remains on the same speed multiplier. Changing the speed is detrimental in osu!mania.

V A P O R E A S Y
Change the slider tick rate to 1.
Kiai time is not setup! Change this inside Timing Setup.
01:08:648 The reverse of this slider means that it is incredibly difficult to reach the other slider in time. Make this slider only go one way and stop where its reverse arrow used to be, and add an extra circle inbetween the two sliders to chain them.
01:39:458 This slider is too wonky. Straighten it. The same goes for the slider at 02:37:296.

Normal
Change the slider tick rate to 2.
00:38:377 Move this circle closer to the next slider.
00:50:810 Transform this slider into three successive circles.
01:21:891 Move this slider and the slider after it forward 1/2 a step.

Hard
00:49:188 Move this circle to the left so it isn't stacked.
00:53:512 Move this slider back 1/2 a step and also move it closer to the previous slider.
01:52:161 Move this circle closer to the previous slider.
02:56:756 End the spinner here.

Insane
Change the slider tick rate to 4.
This map is getting better, but still has moments where the action is spread too far out. If you need a reference for Extreme mapping, see my Way Too Fast difficulty from my only pending beatmap, Can You Feel The Sunshine.
jack5osu
Your maps do not have a unified Kiai time. Go into Timing Setup (Kiai can be accessed in the Style tab) for each individual map and turn Kiai on at these moments: from 00:27:566 to 00:44:864, from 01:10:810 to 01:05:404, and from 01:39:999 to 01:74:593.

V A P O R E A S Y
No problems apart from the Kiai time issues.

Normal
00:19:458 This slider is too close to the previous circle.
00:38:648 This slider and the one that follows it are too far away from the previous circle.
00:50:539 All four circles are too far away from both each other and the previous slider. They are also too close to the following slider.
01:49:188 This slider is too far away from the previous slider.
02:22:161 This slider, the one that follows it and the two circles after that are too far apart.

Hard
Decrease Overall Difficulty by 1.
00:41:350 This slider is too far away from the previous slider.
00:46:215 This circle is too far away from the previous slider.
01:44:864 This slider is too far away from both the previous and next sliders.
riffy
One kudosu per modder is more than enough, unless there is a specific case like a recheck after complete remap and some amount of time spent.

Giving more kudosu is highly discouraged as this is not a part of the kudosu system and it is not intended to work this way. Please take it as a warning, further kudosu abuse will be punished.
Topic Starter
victorfernando

Bakari wrote:

One kudosu per modder is more than enough, unless there is a specific case like a recheck after complete remap and some amount of time spent.

Giving more kudosu is highly discouraged as this is not a part of the kudosu system and it is not intended to work this way. Please take it as a warning, further kudosu abuse will be punished.
Okay ;3
57th Riven ETEC
insane>
Tem belos jumps, e uma boa estrutura , porem tem que melhorar um pouco o timing de algumas notas ( alguns double clicks estão um pouco estranhos de acompanhar) e aqueles spamm de nota estao realmente bizarros, tenta diminuir o numero de notas no spam, colocar elas meio que ao mesmo tempo, e aumentar o AR que vai melhorar bastante o/
jack5osu

57th Riven ETEC wrote:

Tem belos jumps, e uma boa estrutura , porem tem que melhorar um pouco o timing de algumas notas ( alguns double clicks estão um pouco estranhos de acompanhar) e aqueles spamm de nota estao realmente bizarros, tenta diminuir o numero de notas no spam, colocar elas meio que ao mesmo tempo, e aumentar o AR que vai melhorar bastante o/
English: It has nice jumps, and a good structure, but it has to improve a little the timing of some notes (some double clicks are a little strange to follow) and those note spam are really bizarre, try to decrease the number of notes in the spam, put them sort of at the same time, and raise the AR that will greatly improve the map.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.