forum

Haven't FC'd anything in weeks..

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
let me quit
I've been playing osu for a few months now, I cut down my playtime dramatically in the past month or so but I just seem to be getting worse and worse, I used to be able to pass 5 star songs with good acc but now I even struggle to get B's in 4.5 star songs, I haven't even been able to fc anything in weeks. 2 days ago I switched to using a pen instead of a mouse that has somehow improved my gameplay, but I'm still unsure of what to do to improve D=
If anyone could give suggestions that'd be great
winber1
I haven't fc'd anything in years
Takoku
Improvement isn't so linear, like this game requires a lot of little mechanics that you'd have to get good at individually to really improve (ex, for me, triplets between jumping, sliderkick snapping, compound timing jumps [3 to a measure] and so on) that would hinder you from FCing.

If you can't FC, don't worry about FCing so much. It's not like our neko overlords will torture you to death if you don't hit 10k by next month, so you don't necessarily have to worry about rank. Play songs you like or are fun, and play 'em all the way through. Try to get a bigger combo than last time, make sure you don't miss at the same spot, try the same song with mods and then go back to nomod to make it feel easier. You can also go into editor and go to a specific part of a song and test to practice that specific section. (Although, I play on 95% dim background so the 0% bright ass screen makes reading way too hard.) Another thing that'd be helpful is to make sure you get a good skin. I don't really have any recommendation based on skins, just get what looks pretty.

Additionally, you probably don't have enough maps. At 110k if you just want to FC songs and get pp then some meta songs would be definitely Daidai Genome, Koigokoro, Rhythm of Love (if you have decent control when jumping), Mata Ashita (from Madoka Magica, idk about any others with same title), Tornado is quite good but might be too hard early, and tbh any 4.0-4.3* song should be around 90-100pp. You probably won't FC first try, but if you play the same song 20 times (if I'm playing for pp I restart when I mess up) and you're tilted then go to another song and do the same. If you've been playing for 2 hours and don't FC, try again tomorrow. Hell, if you play 2 hours a day (every day) from being a beginner you can probably hit 70k in 2 months.

Basically, play good maps that are just challenging enough for you. Not hard ass 5* (I'm 50k and my highest good 98+% FCs are 4.9* so you have a while before you need to do those) and if boring 3-4* maps that barely give you pp don't make you feel like you're developing any skills then don't waste your time. Of course, if you're bored by anything under 5.5* you can always play it anyway but don't go for pp, just try to beat your combo playing it all the way through. And don't be afraid to go back to something you have a low score on and snipe your old scores :^)

This wasn't supposed to be a big ass wall of text but eh, tips™. I'm not even good while I'm giving tips so take them with a grain of salt. (Tfw no one reads)
Gigo

winber1 wrote:

Your second, third, fourth and fifth top ranks have been FC'd less than 1 year ago. :P
winber1

Gigo wrote:

winber1 wrote:

Your second, third, fourth and fifth top ranks have been FC'd less than 1 year ago. :P
did i fucking stutter
Gigo
I don't know, I couldn't hear you, I just read your text.
-Makishima S-
Additionally, you probably don't have enough maps. At 110k if you just want to FC songs and get pp then some meta songs would be definitely Daidai Genome, Koigokoro, Rhythm of Love
ahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahah
ahahahahahahah
U srs dwag? Rite? Or it's new reddit meme?

@OP: Don't worry, just play this game, slightly push your limits up in star difficulty. Everyone while climbing have moments when they don't FC anything for months. It's normal.