forum

Watching replays makes you play better for a bit?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
My Angel Raphi
Recently I've been noticing that whenever I watch a replay or auto of a map and then play myself, my shitty aim gets significantly better for like just 5-10 minutes. It doesn't even have to be the same map I watched the replay on. I really wonder why. Does anyone else get this too? Maybe its because I get inspired by the replays? lol
Sandy Hoey
I don't see why that would be. It is probably just a psychological thing were you see it and go "I want to be able to do that" and then subconsciously try harder
Fishytails
It's the same for me :D if a map is just a bit too hard/fast for me, I just watch a professional player play like a really fast map. after that, my map seems sooooo sloooooww in comparison and I do much better on it that before. Idk how that works but it works :)
Endaris
It can possibly help by seeing how other people play tricky patterns that are hard to read/you have trouble executing but other than that it doesn't help.
7ambda
Sayorie
Aside from a few things like techniques (e.g. snapping), you won't really learn much from watching a pro play since this is a physical skill-based game. You simply can't observe 'skill' and instantly apply it to your own, unlike strategy games (RTS/MOBA) where you can follow pro tactics for your advantage.