forum

Would it be better to try and switch now or later?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Asop
So as anyone who looks at my top ranks can see, I cannot play nomod. This isn't because I haven't tried to practice it as I play almost only nomod the majority of my playtime for the last four months at least when I practice. I've started practicing EZ mod and ar8 to try and improve my nomod reading, and might have improved a little bit, but it is hard to tell. So my question is this: I don't want to be only able to set dt scores forever, so would it be better to just stop playing dt completely and focusing only on nomod or to continue playing dt while also playing nomod? Do you think it would be easier to get into nomod now or later when I have better aim and reading? Because at the moment it seems like I will be setting ar9+dt scores sooner than nomod scores. Thanks for any answers.
Alea
Play ar9+NC ... then AR10 .. AR.9.5...Ar 9 .. etc. Little by little.
KupcaH
or to continue playing dt while also playing nomod?
Yes. But focus on nomod more than DT.

Do you think it would be easier to get into nomod now or later when I have better aim and reading?
Start now. FC 4* maps with high accuracy and build your way up.
Jukkii
Switching completely to nomod for a while could actually help. Just dont bite more than you chew. Reading is a very cmplex process, if you ruin it, it will be that way for a very long time. Start from some easier nomod maps and try to get used to them. Id just suggest playing the maps youd normally NC (NC players unite xd) with nomod instead.
Topic Starter
Asop

-Jukke- wrote:

Switching completely to nomod for a while could actually help. Just dont bite more than you chew. Reading is a very cmplex process, if you ruin it, it will be that way for a very long time. Start from some easier nomod maps and try to get used to them. Id just suggest playing the maps youd normally NC (NC players unite xd) with nomod instead.
I've been playing mostly nomod for a few months now but haven't seen much improvement. I can play and get ~95% acc on most 4.8* songs, but I never fc them.