goreshit - the nature of dying [Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
71
Topic Starter
strickluke
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, June 10, 2017 at 11:10:14 PM

Artist: goreshit
Title: the nature of dying
Tags: semantic compositions on death and its meaning breakcore max richter on the nature of daylight marathon
BPM: 171
Filesize: 8946kb
Play Time: 05:23
Difficulties Available:
  1. decomposition (5.69 stars, 2026 notes)


Download: goreshit - the nature of dying
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
WARNING: Lower volume on the kiai sections if you have very sensitive ears!

Applied a mod from Thousand
Made a timing change
Added tags
Applied a mod from Hitsu and [_Chichinya_]
Changed SV from 1.40123891273019 or something to 1.4
Applied a mod by Stingy
Fixed a bunch of snapping errors
Fixed a weird spinner and some hitsounds
Applied a mod from Vulkin
Applied a mod from Raphlage
Changed HP back to 4
Applied a mod from Aloda
Applied a mod from Zetera
Appled a mod from kvgyubh
Fixed a timing problem with the help of Surono
Applied a mod from Surono
from Surono
Oops, mistake in sliders snapping
Rebubble from Surono
Oops, aimod betrays me and the timing is all fucked (help)
Skylish, Surono, and Volta helped with fixing the timing
Hopefully the last rebubble from Surono
Applied a mod from Kin
from Kin
From Arrival
Applied a mod from Arrival
fucking end the pain (Surono)Timing again
nice and good approval
PSYCHE
nice and good approval

<3 surono and kin

Going for Approval!
Thousand
Hi~ :3 from this queue

- You can put the timing on -533 to have one that fits in white tick with the percussion start and delete the 2nd one; or put two timings, the 1st one on 695 and the 2nd one on 31747

- If you accept that, put the rhythm divisor in 1/12 (to avoid the relocation of 1/6 and 1/4) and please adjust SV's and preview time
- I think is better if you change 00:00:519 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - for spinners, since the notes are rising the volume

- Change 00:45:519 (83,84,85) - for a 1/6 kkd starting from 00:45:490 , 1/8 in taiko isn't rankeable; or you can leave it as a single k on 00:45:490

- 01:07:917 (220,221,222) - ^ starting from 01:07:946

- Delete 02:01:572 (601) - and start the spin from 02:01:572

- Delete 02:04:379 (1) - and start the spin from 02:04:379

- Delete 02:07:186 (1) - and start the spin from 02:07:186

- Delete 02:10:344 (1) - and start the spin from 02:10:168

- Delete 02:13:151 (1) - and start the spin from 02:12:800

- Delete 02:15:607 (1) - and start the spin from 02:15:607

- Delete 02:18:414 (1) - and start the spin from 02:18:414

- Delete 02:21:221 (1) - and start the spin from 02:21:221

- You can change 02:24:028 (1) - for D

- The same as before, change 03:22:654 (492,493,494) - for a 1/6 kkd starting from 03:22:683 , 1/8 in taiko isn't rankeable; or you can leave it as a single k on 03:22:683

- 03:45:110 (632,633,634) - ^ starting from 03:45:139

- Change 03:53:852 (1) - for D

- 04:16:309 (211) - ^

- Again, change 04:52:478 (511,512,513) - for a 1/6 kkd starting from 04:52:507 ; or you can leave it as a single k on 04:52:507

- 05:14:934 (648,649,650) - ^ starting from 05:14:964

- You can change 05:21:221 (688) - for a spin from 05:21:221 to 05:23:677

This is all optional >w< what you accept or deny is up to you, good luck with you map :)
Topic Starter
strickluke

Thousand wrote:

Hi~ :3 from this queue

- You can put the timing on -533 to have one that fits in white tick with the percussion start and delete the 2nd one; or put two timings, the 1st one on 695 and the 2nd one on 31747 added a timing point at -533

- If you accept that, put the rhythm divisor in 1/12 (to avoid the relocation of 1/6 and 1/4) and please adjust SV's and preview time
- I think is better if you change 00:00:519 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - for spinners, since the notes are rising the volume ok

- Change 00:45:519 (83,84,85) - for a 1/6 kkd starting from 00:45:490 , 1/8 in taiko isn't rankeable; or you can leave it as a single k on 00:45:490 this pattern is rankable and it plays well

- 01:07:917 (220,221,222) - ^ starting from 01:07:946 ^

- Delete 02:01:572 (601) - and start the spin from 02:01:572 I didnt apply any of these because the pitch changing is important to the song

- Delete 02:04:379 (1) - and start the spin from 02:04:379 ^

- Delete 02:07:186 (1) - and start the spin from 02:07:186 ^

- Delete 02:10:344 (1) - and start the spin from 02:10:168 ^

- Delete 02:13:151 (1) - and start the spin from 02:12:800 ^

- Delete 02:15:607 (1) - and start the spin from 02:15:607 ^

- Delete 02:18:414 (1) - and start the spin from 02:18:414 ^

- Delete 02:21:221 (1) - and start the spin from 02:21:221 I didnt apply any of these because the pitch changing is important to the song

- You can change 02:24:028 (1) - for D i feel that a big kat is a fitting noise for this part of the song

- The same as before, change 03:22:654 (492,493,494) - for a 1/6 kkd starting from 03:22:683 , 1/8 in taiko isn't rankeable; or you can leave it as a single k on 03:22:683 it is playable!

- 03:45:110 (632,633,634) - ^ starting from 03:45:139 ^

- Change 03:53:852 (1) - for D again, i think K is fitting here

- 04:16:309 (211) - ^ ^

- Again, change 04:52:478 (511,512,513) - for a 1/6 kkd starting from 04:52:507 ; or you can leave it as a single k on 04:52:507

- 05:14:934 (648,649,650) - ^ starting from 05:14:964

- You can change 05:21:221 (688) - for a spin from 05:21:221 to 05:23:677

This is all optional >w< what you accept or deny is up to you, good luck with you map :)
i denied pretty much everything but the first suggestion :roll:

they were all pretty similar suggestions that i didnt agree with

thank you for the first suggestion though, that was helpful ;)
Hitsu
Hi! My part of M4M from queue from this topic t/551902

General

I really like the map because of lots of patterns with kats domination. This kind of maps is pretty rare and, i guess, many of them were mapped by climbb65588 or KanaRin (i hope you know them bcz i think they were the gods of taiko mapping - pretty simple bud still gorgeous and interesting maps) so i'm really happy there will be one more this kind of map.
But this thing with lots of sliders kinda frustrating me, i'll suggest to remove some of them and make the 1/6 things instead, that will be much more fun and difficult but still good to play. Ofc it will be your decision whether accept them or not, but i'd recommend you to try them or experiment with something else than sliders or my suggestions.
Also I give you a kudosu star because i really like your map :з

Suggestion to the difficulty name


Maybe rename it to the inner oni or something not related to the diff names? Your map has pretty much an atmosphere, maybe diff name will make it stronger if you'll change it :з
oni

I guess try to put spinners after all the notes till the 00:31:746 (9). Those cello sounds kinda asking to put spinners there, so just try. And don't forget to leave some space between the end of spinner and the note smth like this i guess. I decreased a timeline zoom to be able to show you but in next picks all will be as it is.

00:12:098 (4) - maybe k would fit better.
00:28:502 (8) - ^.
00:53:325 (139,140,141,142,143,144) - i'd highly recommend you not to be afraid of using long 1/6 patterns so i suggest you to remake this part into smth like this.
00:59:290 (172,173,174) - maybe kkk but i'm not sure, as it is now it's good too.
01:13:325 (264,265,266) - you can try to change it to this.
01:24:905 (342) - try putting this instead.
01:33:676 (407,408,409,410,411) - try kdkkk.
01:58:413 (606) - try this.
02:01:571 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - decrease the volume on the spinners to the 5%.
02:40:256 - add a d here to continue the stream.
02:42:712 - ^.
02:53:940 - ^.
03:14:553 (449) - k here for some variation from the part at the beginning.
03:36:308 (577) - high pitch (not so high as in the suggestion below but still), maybe k.
03:36:483 (578,579,580) - kkk.
03:41:571 (614) - d.
03:50:694 (672) - same as one of the suggestions above.
05:13:676 (1315) - try three-note pattern instead of a slider here, music says so.
05:20:343 (1359,1360,1361) - make kkkkd instead of a slider.
05:21:309 (1) - add a spinner that will end at the 05:23:677 and set sound volume here to te 5%.
Thank you for your mod again! And i hope mine will help you somewhere. Also i still have questions to your suggestions, if you don't mind please answer them, here is my answer to your mod of my map p/5788970
Topic Starter
strickluke

Hitsu wrote:

Hi! My part of M4M from queue from this topic t/551902

General

I really like the map because of lots of patterns with kats domination. This kind of maps is pretty rare and, i guess, many of them were mapped by climbb65588 or KanaRin (i hope you know them bcz i think they were the gods of taiko mapping - pretty simple bud still gorgeous and interesting maps) so i'm really happy there will be one more this kind of map.
But this thing with lots of sliders kinda frustrating me, i'll suggest to remove some of them and make the 1/6 things instead, that will be much more fun and difficult but still good to play. Ofc it will be your decision whether accept them or not, but i'd recommend you to try them or experiment with something else than sliders or my suggestions.
Also I give you a kudosu star because i really like your map :з Im very glad that you enjoy the map! I have changed a few of the sliders to more prominent drum noises.

Suggestion to the difficulty name


Maybe rename it to the inner oni or something not related to the diff names? Your map has pretty much an atmosphere, maybe diff name will make it stronger if you'll change it :з Changed to "decomposition"
oni

I guess try to put spinners after all the notes till the 00:31:746 (9). Those cello sounds kinda asking to put spinners there, so just try. And don't forget to leave some space between the end of spinner and the note smth like this i guess. I decreased a timeline zoom to be able to show you but in next picks all will be as it is. yep

00:12:098 (4) - maybe k would fit better. ok
00:28:502 (8) - ^. ok
00:53:325 (139,140,141,142,143,144) - i'd highly recommend you not to be afraid of using long 1/6 patterns so i suggest you to remake this part into smth like this. changed
00:59:290 (172,173,174) - maybe kkk but i'm not sure, as it is now it's good too. yeah i was iffy about this part. changed
01:13:325 (264,265,266) - you can try to change it to this. i like the slider at the end of those sections
01:24:905 (342) - try putting this instead. changed to kkkd
01:33:676 (407,408,409,410,411) - try kdkkk. i want to keep the kdkdk patterns in this map consistent
01:58:413 (606) - try this. again, i like this slider where it is
02:01:571 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - decrease the volume on the spinners to the 5%. changed volumes
02:40:256 - add a d here to continue the stream. im saving patterns like that for the second kiai time
02:42:712 - ^. ok
02:53:940 - ^. ^
03:14:553 (449) - k here for some variation from the part at the beginning. nah
03:36:308 (577) - high pitch (not so high as in the suggestion below but still), maybe k. ok
03:36:483 (578,579,580) - kkk. ok
03:41:571 (614) - d. im keeping it as k so that the d is emphasized
03:50:694 (672) - same as one of the suggestions above. i like this slider here
05:13:676 (1315) - try three-note pattern instead of a slider here, music says so. ok
05:20:343 (1359,1360,1361) - make kkkkd instead of a slider. again, i like the slider there
05:21:309 (1) - add a spinner that will end at the 05:23:677 and set sound volume here to te 5%. good idea
Thank you for your mod again! And i hope mine will help you somewhere. Also i still have questions to your suggestions, if you don't mind please answer them, here is my answer to your mod of my map p/5788970
Thanks for the mod, and good luck on your map! :D
Hitsu
Thanks for the mod, and good luck on your map! :D
Thank you too! Hope we'll help each other again someday ^^
Hitsu
Hi!
One quick suggestion to my previous mod (no kudosu ofc).
You should set HP and OD to 6 or above because it's too easy to play the map and it's too easy to gain health and too hard to lose it.
---------------------------------------------
Lol I'm really in love~
+ 1 star again and added to favorites <3
Topic Starter
strickluke

Hitsu wrote:

Hi!
One quick suggestion to my previous mod (no kudosu ofc).
You should set HP and OD to 6 or above because it's too easy to play the map and it's too easy to gain health and too hard to lose it.
---------------------------------------------
Lol I'm really in love~
+ 1 star again and added to favorites <3
Changed to OD6 and HP5

Thank you for the stars and the favorite :)
Stingy
idc what you say because I don't think they affect anything but what are the notes in front of the spinners for?

00:37:186 (36,37,38) - Should be ddd
00:33:589 (11,12) - There's not a higher sound here like the rest of the doubles. This should be dd.
00:35:168 (21) - Should be a k since it's a snare as well
00:37:186 (36,37,38) - Should be ddd
00:41:572 (62) - Why isn't this a k?
00:55:782 (154) - Move this to 00:55:870 - Because there's not really a notable sound. Splitting into two doubles is better.
01:12:098 (258) - Remove to support the silence
01:39:642 (452,453,454,455,456,457) - I think this should be ddkkddk because that's what the music says
01:42:274 (474) - Definitely be d
Since the rest of the map is the same thing as what I've mentioned, you can look in the second half if you really care about anything I said.
Topic Starter
strickluke

Stingy wrote:

idc what you say because I don't think they affect anything but what are the notes in front of the spinners for? To emphasize the pitch change

00:37:186 (36,37,38) - Should be ddd
00:33:589 (11,12) - There's not a higher sound here like the rest of the doubles. This should be dd.
00:35:168 (21) - Should be a k since it's a snare as well
00:37:186 (36,37,38) - Should be ddd
00:41:572 (62) - Why isn't this a k? this pattern plays well and sounds fine
00:55:782 (154) - Move this to 00:55:870 - Because there's not really a notable sound. Splitting into two doubles is better.
01:12:098 (258) - Remove to support the silence
01:39:642 (452,453,454,455,456,457) - I think this should be ddkkddk because that's what the music says
01:42:274 (474) - Definitely be d
Since the rest of the map is the same thing as what I've mentioned, you can look in the second half if you really care about anything I said.
Accepted all but the things in red

Thanks for the mod! :D
Raichu69
The map is really good ... all of the notes make sense.
The only think I see that doesn't fit is:
1. 00:42:624 -
2.03:19:817 -

Make those sliders and maybe add some more timing points because of points like 03:40:081 - get significantly lower.


Hope this helps <3
davidminh0111
Hello from my queue:

01:19:993: Change to d to fit the pitch
01:41:923: Same
02:32:098: Change to k
04:01:923: Same
04:13:151: Same

sorry for short mod because this music is too loud
GL on approving
Topic Starter
strickluke

davidminh0111 wrote:

Hello from my queue:

01:19:993: Change to d to fit the pitch this is a k because it's following the sound of the bell (or whatever that high pitched ding instrument is)
01:41:923: Same k is following that weird scraping noise
02:32:098: Change to k plays kinda weird, and dddd still sounds fine. I might change it if someone else suggests this again, though
04:01:923: Same ^
04:13:151: Same ^

sorry for short mod because this music is too loud
GL on approving
thanks for the mod! :D
Topic Starter
strickluke

Raichu69 wrote:

The map is really good ... all of the notes make sense.
The only think I see that doesn't fit is:
1. 00:42:624 - egh
2.03:19:817 - egh

Make those sliders and maybe add some more timing points because of points like 03:40:081 - get significantly lower. k


Hope this helps <3
changed a ton of hitsounds

thanks for the mod :D
Vulkin
ok mod requested from #taiko
for as the wind blows (short ver.)

-general-
should be hp4 since long song, need someone to confirm if hp5 is ok

-dying nature-
at the intro, wouldnt it be better to use separate timing points for each note?, because for example 00:16:396 (1) - is kinda risky imo
00:42:625 (68) - make this k, idk how to explain it, but sounds a bit better
00:54:203 (145) - make this k, has same sound as the other notes you placed k (other than the 1/6)
01:13:502 (266) - wouldnt have this been better with 1/6 k's?
01:27:888 (362,364) - ctrl+G
01:33:326 (399,400) - ^
01:33:940 (404,405) - ^
01:34:466 - add a d, missing sound
02:31:922 (76,77,78,79,80,81) - invert the colors of these (make all d to k, make all k to d)
02:34:817 (104,105) - ctrl+g
02:34:905 - forgot 1/6?
02:43:150 (182,183,184,185,186,187) - invert the colors of there
02:54:379 (288,289,290,291,292,293) - ^
02:57:274 (317,318) - ctrl+g
04:04:730 - no 1/6?
04:15:870 (899) - make this d to make difference in sound
04:15:958 - no 1/6?
05:06:396 (1293) - make this k

lots of violin not mapped, is this ok?
Topic Starter
strickluke

Vulkin wrote:

ok mod requested from #taiko
for as the wind blows (short ver.)

-general-
should be hp4 since long song, need someone to confirm if hp5 is ok a few testplayers have confirmed hp4 is too easy

-dying nature-
at the intro, wouldnt it be better to use separate timing points for each note?, because for example 00:16:396 (1) - is kinda risky imo will change if more people suggest this
00:42:625 (68) - make this k, idk how to explain it, but sounds a bit better it is a k :thinking:
00:54:203 (145) - make this k, has same sound as the other notes you placed k (other than the 1/6) i think it plays better like this and the sound is still a bit different
01:13:502 (266) - wouldnt have this been better with 1/6 k's? no, this is way faster than where i put 1/6 notes
01:27:888 (362,364) - ctrl+G nah, these beats are pretty calm where i put this pattern
01:33:326 (399,400) - ^ if you listen closely, 399 is slighly lower pitched/quieter than 400 and 398. plus, it plays better
01:33:940 (404,405) - ^ ok
01:34:466 - add a d, missing sound ok
02:31:922 (76,77,78,79,80,81) - invert the colors of these (make all d to k, make all k to d) im reserving a kkkk 1/6 pattern for louder parts of the song like this 02:32:975 (86,87,88,89) -
02:34:817 (104,105) - ctrl+g idk, i like it how it is right now. i think it matches the music more closely
02:34:905 - forgot 1/6? i think that a break is fine right here, because its lower pitched and after a "section" of the song (the kiai is divided up into 4 parts, and the first part just ended right there, so i think a break is nescessary to emphasize on that).
02:43:150 (182,183,184,185,186,187) - invert the colors of there no for the same reasons mentioned on the last suggestion on this pattern
02:54:379 (288,289,290,291,292,293) - ^ ^
02:57:274 (317,318) - ctrl+g nah
04:04:730 - no 1/6? no because of the "sections" explained above on another pattern suggestion like this
04:15:870 (899) - make this d to make difference in sound ok
04:15:958 - no 1/6? "Sections", again :P
05:06:396 (1293) - make this k i think ddk plays better right there

lots of violin not mapped, is this ok? ya its breakcore
thanks for the mod! :D

ill mod as the wind blows when i can actually download it :o
Raphalge
hey it's me the king of delayed m4m responses
finally getting around to this (SORRY FOR SUCH A LONG WAIT)


[General(Aka stuff I don't feel like making separate bullet points for)]
soft hitsounds (vomit)

Having notes before the spinners just feels really weird to play imo, it's not standard mode where you can hit the circle and start spinning. Personally I'd remove the notes and extend the spinners, up to you though.

03:22:624 - mapping these sounds as 1/8 triples while the parts surrounding them are super easy also felt a bit off-putting, though I don't know what I'd do to fix it.

If you ask me the overall SV of the map is way too high given the technical patterning, I'd suggest lowering all the SV speedups by 10% at least

Speaking of SV, you should probably fix this

[lowercase diffname for lowercase song titles]
00:41:221 (57,58) - change to d's? Would improve readability by making the 1/6 clearer, and if you ask me the 1/6's are a higher pitch than the other 2 notes.
00:53:765 - why's there no note here?
00:54:905 (148) - change to d to give some kind of emphasis to the background bass drum here? It's probably fine as is, but it's a bit off-putting.
01:01:309 (189) - changing to k would improve readability again, and since 01:01:221 (188) - is a d when it's almost completely silent I don't think it makes sense for the next note to be a d aswell ;)
01:04:379 (209) - change to d? pretty clear difference in sound between this and 01:04:203 (208) - if you ask me.
01:26:133 (348,349) - change to d for the same reason as the one at 00:41:221 (57,58) -
01:43:151 (480,481,482) - invert? to make it different from 01:44:203 (489,490,491) -
02:28:852 (48) - d sounds better here (100% personal opinion)
02:31:309 (71) - ^
02:33:413 (92) - change to d to separate the sounds between this and 02:33:501 (93) - ?
02:34:379 (99,100,101,102,103,104,105) - kddkddk?
02:37:274 (125) - delete? would fit in well with the kdd and ddk surrounding it imo
02:38:940 (141) - d for the same reason as the last time it appeared?
02:40:080 (152) - ^
02:42:887 (180,181) - ctrl+g? 02:42:975 (181) - sounds pretty damn bassy to me
02:44:554 (197) - why no note here?
02:48:502 (232) - d to separate the sounds between this and 02:48:589 (233) - ?
02:49:642 (243) - why'd you change this now while you've used d's for all the other instances?
02:50:168 (249) - d for the same reason as the first time this pattern showed up
02:54:203 (288) - change to d? I think it'd fit the hollow tone on this beat pretty well
02:58:765 (331) - d again for the same reason as the last one
03:05:870 - add a d to prepare the player for the upcoming quads?

Sorry for not modding the whole thing but it doesn't sound like the song changes that much. Also, it sounds like you've mapped most of this while trying to follow the song as closely as possible, which may look good on paper. But it makes it very awkward and clunky when playing. At least in my experience.

You've got an awesome song choice and structure here though! So good luck getting this bad boy ranked 8-)
Topic Starter
strickluke

Raphalge wrote:

hey it's me the king of delayed m4m responses
finally getting around to this (SORRY FOR SUCH A LONG WAIT)


[General(Aka stuff I don't feel like making separate bullet points for)]
soft hitsounds (vomit) :thinking:

Having notes before the spinners just feels really weird to play imo, it's not standard mode where you can hit the circle and start spinning. Personally I'd remove the notes and extend the spinners, up to you though. meh, ill change them to spinners only if someone else also suggests this

03:22:624 - mapping these sounds as 1/8 triples while the parts surrounding them are super easy also felt a bit off-putting, though I don't know what I'd do to fix it. they aren't very hard to play if that is what you mean. they are all a kkd pattern which plays well and is predictable

If you ask me the overall SV of the map is way too high given the technical patterning, I'd suggest lowering all the SV speedups by 10% at least a higher sv is required for the long streams in the kiai times

Speaking of SV, you should probably fix this fug i thought this was fixed

[lowercase diffname for lowercase song titles]
00:41:221 (57,58) - change to d's? Would improve readability by making the 1/6 clearer, and if you ask me the 1/6's are a higher pitch than the other 2 notes. ok
00:53:765 - why's there no note here? now that i look at it again, it makes sense to add a d here
00:54:905 (148) - change to d to give some kind of emphasis to the background bass drum here? It's probably fine as is, but it's a bit off-putting. ok
01:01:309 (189) - changing to k would improve readability again, and since 01:01:221 (188) - is a d when it's almost completely silent I don't think it makes sense for the next note to be a d aswell ;)^
01:04:379 (209) - change to d? pretty clear difference in sound between this and 01:04:203 (208) - if you ask me. ^
01:26:133 (348,349) - change to d for the same reason as the one at 00:41:221 (57,58) - o k d a d
01:43:151 (480,481,482) - invert? to make it different from 01:44:203 (489,490,491) - i guess thats fine
02:28:852 (48) - d sounds better here (100% personal opinion) neh
02:31:309 (71) - ^ ^
02:33:413 (92) - change to d to separate the sounds between this and 02:33:501 (93) - ? k follows the music more closely
02:34:379 (99,100,101,102,103,104,105) - kddkddk? the triplet of k's emphasizes on the loud noise
02:37:274 (125) - delete? would fit in well with the kdd and ddk surrounding it imo ok
02:38:940 (141) - d for the same reason as the last time it appeared? ok
02:40:080 (152) - ^ no, it emphasizes that loud noise
02:42:887 (180,181) - ctrl+g? 02:42:975 (181) - sounds pretty damn bassy to me no, i like how it sounds now
02:44:554 (197) - why no note here? it did not feel right placing it there/ doesn't have an important enough sound
02:48:502 (232) - d to separate the sounds between this and 02:48:589 (233) - ? ok
02:49:642 (243) - why'd you change this now while you've used d's for all the other instances? i was attempting to show progression, but i guess i already do that with the stream lengths
02:50:168 (249) - d for the same reason as the first time this pattern showed up no, i think this emphasizes well on progression in this particular pattern
02:54:203 (288) - change to d? I think it'd fit the hollow tone on this beat pretty well ok
02:58:765 (331) - d again for the same reason as the last one ok
03:05:870 - add a d to prepare the player for the upcoming quads? i think its fitting to have a short rest right here

Sorry for not modding the whole thing but it doesn't sound like the song changes that much. Also, it sounds like you've mapped most of this while trying to follow the song as closely as possible, which may look good on paper. But it makes it very awkward and clunky when playing. At least in my experience. I've been trying to develop a good balance between staying true to the song and making patterns that don't play badly. As for this map, I haven't had too many problems with testplayers disliking the map. I'm definitely not a perfect mapper yet, though. :P

You've got an awesome song choice and structure here though! So good luck getting this bad boy ranked 8-)
Thanks for the mod! Helped me a bit :)
Aloda
Quick mini-mod.

[decomposition]

I'm not a big fan of the note+spinner thing you've got going on with 00:00:344 (1,1) - 00:04:028 (1,1) etc. I think a spinner alone would be nicer. Same goes for the section at 02:01:572.

I get why you've done this, but I think that a plain ol' 1/6 quad plays better than a drumroll at 01:27:538 (362) , 01:30:344 (379) etc like what you've done at 00:42:624 and 03:19:817.

Remove 02:26:923 (28) ? There's no sound here. Same goes for 02:38:151 (132) and the other identical patterns later in this Kiai section, and the other Kiai.

Not much else to say. It's all mapped really closely to the song, so it's pretty much sound. Good luck with the map (^:
Topic Starter
strickluke

Aloda wrote:

Quick mini-mod.

[decomposition]

I'm not a big fan of the note+spinner thing you've got going on with 00:00:344 (1,1) - 00:04:028 (1,1) etc. I think a spinner alone would be nicer. Same goes for the section at 02:01:572. Alright, a few people have suggested this. Changed

I get why you've done this, but I think that a plain ol' 1/6 quad plays better than a drumroll at 01:27:538 (362) , 01:30:344 (379) etc like what you've done at 00:42:624 and 03:19:817. Changed

Remove 02:26:923 (28) ? There's no sound here. Same goes for 02:38:151 (132) and the other identical patterns later in this Kiai section, and the other Kiai. Changed, but I'm keeping the notes in the second half of the kiai times

Not much else to say. It's all mapped really closely to the song, so it's pretty much sound. Good luck with the map (^: epic
thanks for the mod! :D but im still ending my life
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply