forum

'bot like' cursor (how to?)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
leny
I've seen some people playing (they have tablets) and there doin' some 'bot like' (thats how i describe them) movement with their cursor like straight (very straight) lines at every direction. that happens in the start of the song and in breaks.

But i have a big doubt that they are cheating.

Here's an example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE_KwSOl_U8
Quinten
I thought that happened because the old replay system recorded replays at 30Hz(?) and the new ones record at 60Hz(?)
Don't quote me on the numbers, but that only looks like that on old replays.
He didn't really move that straight.
7ambda
Old replay system smoothed out cursor movement to reduce amount of storage space used, or something of the sort.
My Angel Raphi
or maybe they were just that good
Takoku
Well I mean if you look at anyone in the top 1000 yeah they've been playing for years and are quite good at this game lol

If bot-like cursor = snapping to the notes then lel that's just a skill you learn with enough playtime. It definitely ain't cheating. Of course it isn't totally bot-like but compared to a newer player I see how you'd say that
-Makishima S-
How - to "easy way":

Play more, a lot more, tons more, for at least 2 years or more, hit minimum 5*+, minimum 3,5k pp etc... this kind of movements comes with practice when you move to faster maps and you need really good control.
Lyawi
I asked a friend of me the same question because I really like such a movement and he said "they're just dragging, that will come with the time then if you're good". I don't know if that's really the trick.
dung eater
if you lift pen and drop it on a spot the cursor will "teleport"
Edgar_Figaro

jaaakb wrote:

if you lift pen and drop it on a spot the cursor will "teleport"
Same goes for if you are watching a replay from a touchscreen player
Caput Mortuum
Do you guys even see the video
Blitzfrog
Check out doomsday, he does the "bot like" cursor. I do it too, it's just generally the movement of mouse players as they move and stop. If you're a tablet player, please don't attempt this. If you're a mouse player, please do this. Basically practise by snapping to notes in one motion and NOT snap, slow down and adjust.
Caput Mortuum

LenyLeninLen wrote:

that happens in the start of the song and in breaks.
Old replays.