DragonForce - Symphony of the Night [Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kin
h o l a .
Just really few point.

[T A T S U J I N]

1. 01:19:639 (40) - I feel like this one as don represent the ascending guitare much better
  2. 02:07:690 (55,56) - change those 2 notes into k ? too lazy to explain it, but I think you get it, with your spam k and dd structure (used for cymbal).
  3. 03:22:557 (27) - change this one as d ? this k will get more emphasis & I think it follow better the ascending pitch of the guitar.
  4. 04:17:127 (31,33) - with those 2 k, I don't really feel like this kdkk here 04:17:297 (33,34,35,36) - lose his emphasis. Maybe better to just change it as kkkk to feel the ascending guitare, or just change one or both 04:16:958 (29,31) - as d.
don.
zigizigiefe
Since qualify post is here,I want to point out an issue for me.

00:26:164 (17) - Change as kat following these reasons:
  1. The guitar pitch is same as next one.
  2. It is uncommon and kinda hand-shaking.
  3. Sounds weird.
Otherwise seems fine.
Topic Starter
Raiden

Kin wrote:

h o l a .
Just really few point.

[T A T S U J I N]

1. 01:19:639 (40) - I feel like this one as don represent the ascending guitare much better I feel like the slight crescendo is already represented well by the number of kats in each pattern (01:19:046 (33,34,35,36,37,38,39) - 2 kats; 01:19:724 (41,42,43,44,45,46,47) - 4 kats)
  2. 02:07:690 (55,56) - change those 2 notes into k ? too lazy to explain it, but I think you get it, with your spam k and dd structure (used for cymbal).
  3. 03:22:557 (27) - change this one as d ? this k will get more emphasis & I think it follow better the ascending pitch of the guitar. there are already less kats than the first part, I think it's well emphasized (btw it's descending lol)
  4. 04:17:127 (31,33) - with those 2 k, I don't really feel like this kdkk here 04:17:297 (33,34,35,36) - lose his emphasis. Maybe better to just change it as kkkk to feel the ascending guitare, or just change one or both 04:16:958 (29,31) - as d. changed 32 to kat, for more ascending emphasis
don.
merci si vous plait!

zigizigiefe wrote:

Since qualify post is here,I want to point out an issue for me.

00:26:164 (17) - Change as kat following these reasons:
  1. The guitar pitch is same as next one. it's not. 00:26:164 (17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27) - check this arrangement and try to make your own conclusions.
  2. It is uncommon and kinda hand-shaking. nope
  3. Sounds weird. nope

Otherwise seems fine.
Kin
Under the stars where the flame will shine again some day
zigizigiefe
Well,maybe it might be awkward for drum based hitsounds but I want to elaborate.Such as 00:26:164 (17) - The guitar is different than 00:26:079 (16) - ,right?If you agree with me about this,you should show the difference between these two notes.When 00:26:164 (17) - is don,players would not see the difference in guitar sounds.
oops i am late,gratz
Topic Starter
Raiden

zigizigiefe wrote:

Well,maybe it might be awkward for drum based hitsounds but I want to elaborate.Such as 00:26:164 (17) - The guitar is different than 00:26:079 (16) - ,right?If you agree with me about this,you should show the difference between these two notes.When 00:26:164 (17) - is don,players would not see the difference in guitar sounds.
oops i am late,gratz
16 and 17 are exactly the same drum-wise and guitar does a note in 17 but not in 16...

at this point I think you're just trying to troll me
Hanjamon
finally, i was waiting for this, gratz~
Surono
zigi pls

lets.....~~~~~~~~~
Lumenite-
another DF rank? :sleeping: this one is actually a good song tho

congrats on the qualify raiden woo :tada:
-Sh1n1-
nice one, Gratz!
Arzenvald

Surono wrote:

zigi pls

lets.....~~~~~~~~~
stop

grz raiden!
MrMenda
Enhorabuena por el rank!! La cancion es una bestialidad, me encanta!!
Nardoxyribonucleic
Hello, I would like to point out a somewhat questionable issue here.

Ranking Criteria wrote:

Hitsounds from notes and sliders must be audible. These provide feedback for the player, and having them silent in a rhythm game doesn't make much sense. If you don't like the default sounds, then find replacements rather than silencing notes. You can use hitsounds from the Custom Hitsound Library or easily find others online. Lowering the volume of a few notes to provide a dampened effect is usually fine, but complete silence is always unacceptable. The end of a spinner (or even the entire spinner) the sliding sound of a slider, and the end of a slider can be silent, but only do it if it makes sense. Finally, you cannot silence both slider ticks and slider slides together.
First of all, silent spinners used in this map are acceptable as stated above. They make sense with the relatively calm background and can be finished by only alternating don and kat with indefinite pace. But for sliders, using sampleset D (default Drum) from 02:40:868 to 02:53:592 - would mute the slider ticks, resulting in complete silence in sliders and thus zero feedback. Such silent sliders are in fact pretty awkward to see in a rhythm game like Taiko and are against the Ranking Criteria, as sliders are meant to be hit with definite pace.

Please kindly provide your opinion towards this.
Topic Starter
Raiden
Hello Nardo and thanks for your concerns. I'm rather surprised this wasn't brough up earlier (not because it's qualified now but because I thought it'd spice up some controversy) but here are my arguments:

1. That rule is mostly designed for osu!standard mode, where the sliders are elements that are supposed to be held, something we don't have in taiko.
2. Zero feedback is intentional. I designed those sliders in a way that you have something to play during that section that only includes held guitar notes, which cannot be represented as single notes. Take it as a regular slider in osu!standard.
3. I am surprised you didn't suggest spinners, but I'm sure someone else will, so my argumentation against them is simple: I don't want people spamming keys during that period.
4. The design is mostly directed at having an optional gameplay element that can be entirely ignored without affecting overall performance, which is why I completely silenced them: having them with hitsounds would make no sense as sliders in taiko are played as 1/4 patterns, whereas there is absolutely no reason to play like 1/4 in that section.

I think I explained myself quite well. If you have any more issues feel free to repost or poke me.
OnosakiHito
Oh, I just played the beatmap and saw some responses here, so I wanted to hop in. It's nice to see that this gets mentioned.

I support Nardo on this one especially when considering that certain sliders become offbeat due to the previous placed 1/4 which triggers the hitbox bug. This makes it even harder to hit those sliders. Additionally, feedback for a gamemode like taiko is essential and can't be just ignored either. That's why the rule Nardo mentioned as back up is valid (which btw is not standard related as it is a general rule) and makes the beatmap in conclusion for the time being, unrankable.

My suggestion would be simply to rise the volume to 5%~10% to avoid these problems and have at least some feedback. Remember: Taiko does not have hold sliders and making it's sliders to some kind of these, goes against the technical purpose of these sliders as you don't hold them but actually still hit them per tick. Overall a nice idea, but goes against the modes and rules purpose.

Because of that, the set will be disqualified for now till said concerns are handeled.
Topic Starter
Raiden

OnosakiHito wrote:

Oh, I just played the beatmap and saw some responses here, so I wanted to hop in. It's nice to see that this gets mentioned.

I support Nardo on this one especially when considering that certain sliders become offbeat due to the previous placed 1/4 which triggers the hitbox bug. This makes it even harder to hit those sliders. Additionally, feedback for a gamemode like taiko is essential and can't be just ignored either. That's why the rule Nardo mentioned as back up is valid (which btw is not standard related as it is a general rule) and makes the beatmap in conclusion for the time being, unrankable.

My suggestion would be simply to rise the volume to 5%~10% to avoid these problems and have at least some feedback. Remember: Taiko does not have hold sliders and making it's sliders to some kind of these, goes against the technical purpose of these sliders as you don't hold them but actually still hit them per tick. Overall a nice idea, but goes against the modes and rules purpose.

Because of that, the set will be disqualified for now till said concerns are handeled.
As previously stated, the design was intentional and my argumentation was already made. Therefore, if the map is unsuitable for ranking it will stay unranked, given that I would not be satisfied with the changes.

Thanks for stepping in at the right time, and most importantly: sorry to the two BNs that took their time to rank this, and to tasuke that took the time to make the storyboard.
Surono
yeah I knew it happened, just in case like MMzz spinner silenced.
well thx for involved to rank this gg map
Skull Kid
zzzzz
OzzyOzrock
Hi! I'd like to see this ranked some day. Please do not abandon such a great map. The issue is very minuscule and I really wish that you'll work with it.

ily.
Topic Starter
Raiden
changed sliders with D sampleset to spinners with N:C1 sampleset and 5% volume.
Kin
"problem" is now gone. Let's make this flame shine again.
Surono

Kin wrote:

Let's make this flame shine again.
OzzyOzrock
My ONE quarrel

00:35:995 (5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - ddkdkkdd? Generic pattern when I type it out, but I think kkk like this crowds up the stream to where it doesn't really feel like it's following vocals or the song (imo). With this, it's a nice little rhythm that still references the original intent.
01:30:571 - Por aqui lo igual!
Topic Starter
Raiden
OK DAD
OzzyOzrock
THANKS!

Approved!
pisu
very cool :]