forum

Susumu Hirasawa - Pacific Rim Imitation Network

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lance

Gens wrote:

Now the only thing left is the pending timing recheck and we're good to go!
Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:48 pm (over 3 months ago)
;_;
Topic Starter
Gens
http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/289144

My goodness, I hadn't noticed. "Imitaion". That sounds funny.

Kirbyyyyy :(
Starrodkirby86
Not again!

Download: for-the-umpteenth-time.zip

Extract in the "sb" folder. It'll replace the credits images. I guess I had some Cambria font fetish earlier. Oh well! SEGOE UI, BRAH!
Derekku
My sincerest apologies for the huge delay!

[Timing]
*Yeah, I think this is perfect with just ONE uninherited section for the whole song. 513 offset feels right, and I only had ~10% mistimed notes when testing as opposed to 25% mistimed when testing with the three uninherited sections. The middle one felt too early (which it was), and the last one too late (which it was). Simply remove the two unneeded timing sections and resnap (albeit carefully on Kirby's diff with the 1/3 and 1/8).

[Storyboard]
*Why is the fog at 67348 so much more faded than the other parts of the song?
*I mentioned before that w-thai seems to disappear from 79500 to 79880 and from 84816 to 85562. Whether it's "grayed out" or "non-visible", I think it would look better fading from purple to gray rather than basically disappearing and then coming back.
*The lyrics look fine without fading out (since a new line of lyrics quickly replace the last), but the final line of each phrase looks strange when disappearing so abruptly. Therefore, I suggest slightly fading out the lyrics at 30892, 67348, and 146342.

[Easy]
*No spinners?
01:39:043 (2,1) - The spacing is much too close here. They look like they're only 1/2 apart when they're 3/4 apart. 01:40:751 (1,2) are 1/1 apart and it's a huge difference. I guess the easiest way to fix this would be to just move 01:40:751 (1,2) up a bit. http://puu.sh/sri8

[Normal]
*No spinners?
02:09:064 (3,4) - Perhaps make these more symmetrical like 02:11:342 (3,4) ?

[Hard]
*No spinners?
01:19:500 (11) - Was a new combo in other diffs, so I'd change it for the sake of consistency!
02:38:494 (11) - Actually, I'd expect this one to be a new combo too, but you didn't new combo it in other diffs... Change this one only if you want to change Easy/Normal's!

[KIRBY Mix]
02:32:608 (1) - Could possibly add two more notes so that the vocals are represented like with 02:28:431 (7).
Starrodkirby86

Derekku wrote:

[Storyboard]
*Why is the fog at 67348 so much more faded than the other parts of the song? It was a typo – the Fade was supposed to end at 68107, not 78107. Fixed.
*I mentioned before that w-thai seems to disappear from 79500 to 79880 and from 84816 to 85562. Whether it's "grayed out" or "non-visible", I think it would look better fading from purple to gray rather than basically disappearing and then coming back.There was something up at 79690, but since I couldn't find out exactly what it was, I decided to remove the fade altogether. It looked unsettling with that delayed start, anyway.
*The lyrics look fine without fading out (since a new line of lyrics quickly replace the last), but the final line of each phrase looks strange when disappearing so abruptly. Therefore, I suggest slightly fading out the lyrics at 30892, 67348, and 146342. I thought that the transitioning should be consistent coming in as to out, so I didn't do anything here. SWITCHED-ON LOTUS had such cut transitions with the lyrics, and subtitles are also common cases of cut transitioning.

[KIRBY Mix]
02:32:608 (1) - Could possibly add two more notes so that the vocals are represented like with 02:28:431 (7). Trololo, now it's megatons harder. :v
Download: you know what you doing.zip
Topic Starter
Gens
All done!

I love you Derekku~
Derekku
Everything looks great, but you might want to move your inherited lines back 5-10ms (or resnap them). Right now it looks like some samplesets are incorrect.
Topic Starter
Gens
Good catch... I blame the hurriedsome fixes I did. All sections have been correctly snapped this time~
Derekku
Much better~

Bubbled!
Topic Starter
Gens
Thanks Derek, for keeping an eye on this map for so long~
JMC
waiting for KIRBY Mix...
Charles445
02:32:601 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24) - Instant death
Garven
o/

[General]
You should add a spinner to the ENH somewhere so that there can be some score variance.

[Easy]
00:11:905 (4,5) - After all those square shapes, this looks misalgined
00:30:133 (6,1) - Pretty big jump for an easy...
00:40:006 (1,1) - And the problem with using all those jumps prior is that now this spacing feels wrong.
01:05:449 (4,5) - Even though it's all lined up, you have a smidge of overlap with the slider track there.
01:05:829 (5,1) - And this is way close.
01:33:171 (2) - Please don't stack under slider ends. Especially when you use a different rhythm from what you've mostly been doing prior.
01:36:209 (2,1) - And another fairly huge jump

[Normal]
00:33:361 (6,1) - And I guess these giant jumps continue on, eh? Think you could tone them down a tad? It is only a Normal.
02:13:424 (7,1,2,3) - Move down and right about 2.5 grids to adjust for stacking.
Mostly worried about the really large jumps between combos. Some of them feel disproportionately difficult for this level of play.

[Hard]
You know, I almost wonder if it'd be just easier to rename everything up one level.

[KIRBY]
01:07:918 (4) - The 4 in each of these combos is slightly misaligned.
01:54:437 (2) - There's a bunch of random sliders during this section that have the whistle on the sliderslide and it just sounds bad.
02:26:525 (2) - The repeat on this is kind of obscured by the osu! image after the spinner
Topic Starter
Gens
Thanks Garven! I fixed everything you pointed out. I didn't really think the jumps were such an issue, but I still fixed them, specially (what I thought were) the major offenses in Normal. All those patterns still fit nicely after the fixes~

I might have gone too crazy at the end in Hard, but I still would like to keep that name... if it's possible. Doesn't really look much like an Insane to me.

I'll leave Kirby's diff to him.
Sallad4ever
Where is Kirby?
Someone tell him to fix his diff please, this map should be ranked ASAP!!!!
Starrodkirby86

Charles445 wrote:

02:32:601 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24) - Instant death I will survive! I will survive! Hey hey!

Garven wrote:

[KIRBY]
01:07:918 (4) - The 4 in each of these combos is slightly misaligned. Whaddya know, it is! And there we go. Done.
01:54:437 (2) - There's a bunch of random sliders during this section that have the whistle on the sliderslide and it just sounds bad. It's been a while since I mapped this, but I'm pretty sure they were meant as some sort of build-up. Anyway, I changed the usage of hitsounds there to something I find more sensible.
02:26:525 (2) - The repeat on this is kind of obscured by the osu! image after the spinner
To alleviate this, I flipped the patterns around and changed the design slightly. The repeat isn't hidden anymore!
Sorry for the delay. I haven't been checking things as I used to.

Download it here! http://puu.sh/AZ5g
Topic Starter
Gens
All updated. o/
Garven
You should let me know since I usually recheck when I get kudosu. I just lucked out on a random spot check, hehe.

Anyway, everything is looking good now. Rebubbled!
Derekku
Just a couple tiny issues and I'll be happy to rank this!

[Normal]
00:36:968 (1) - Much too close to the last notes. I guess it's not too bad since it's a new combo, but it tripped me up a little.

[Hard]
*Perhaps add a spinner to match the other 3 diffs? :p
Topic Starter
Gens

Derekku wrote:

Just a couple tiny issues and I'll be happy to rank this!
I can't believe I'm finally going to get my first rank in 2012. Beautiful. ;_;

Derekku wrote:

[Normal]
00:36:968 (1) - Much too close to the last notes. I guess it's not too bad since it's a new combo, but it tripped me up a little.
I was also worried about this when I fixed that other problem, so I broke symmetry and fixed it. I guess it's better.

Derekku wrote:

[Hard]
*Perhaps add a spinner to match the other 3 diffs? :p
Hmm, I decided to leave Hard like that since a spinner doesn't seem as necessary... it's not like the scoreboard will be full of SS's, although I guess you never know. I also didn't want to destroy that last pattern... so I'd like to leave it like this if possible.
Derekku

Gens wrote:

I broke symmetry and fixed it. I guess it's better.
Breaking symmetry is totally cool with me as long as the pattern still looks nice and fits; in this case, it totally does. (:

Gens wrote:

it's not like the scoreboard will be full of SS's
My thoughts exactly!

So... I think that's it; great job! Ranked!
Low
Kirby Mixes live.
Nitojgrem
Yes <3 Finally ranked :3
Meowcenaries
congrats! :D
Stefan
Love it <3
Aurele
I have to try this.
mancuso_JM_
Felicitaciones Gens :D
Pereira006
ho god HO GOD !
Congratz ! !!!
Deif
<3
YTYuyu
Hurray for KIRBY mixes :D.
regenz
Oh this map is too long and i've remember it when kirby ask me about thai character. :P GL ranking
fanzhen0019
GRATZ!
Topic Starter
Gens
Thanks everybody :D and thanks Derekku, it would have been impossible without you <3
F TUBE

Gens wrote:

Thanks everybody :D and thanks Derekku, it would have been impossible without you <3
a historical day for kirbyremix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hope for your next map of susumu
Narufable
omg Susumu Hirasawa *-* :)
Derekku

Gens wrote:

All of my love <3

Also, added some love to the title text:
Mercurial
Gens + Ranked Map = Awesome.

Some of the osu!'s old school is needed those days :3

Felicitaciones Gens, te lo merecés.
Sey
Nice piece of work. Can't wait to play it. <3
rickyboi
epic map.
OzzyOzrock
te amo gens